A lot of weird ones in these groups.

Tim Smith

Oct 3, 2021, 11:08:18 AM10/3/21
Where have all of these very strange people come from?

So what is it with: the following groups?

omp.os.linux.setup
comp.os.linux.advocacy
sci.physics

It seems that a collection of very strange people inhabit those groups.
Insane Linux fanbois?
Or just insane people?

Asking for a friend.

--
TS

The Natural Philosopher

Oct 3, 2021, 11:12:35 AM10/3/21
comp.os.linux.advocacy is a battleground of religious ideals

comp.os.linux.setup is just people wanting to use linux
no idea wghat sci.physics is all about - wannabe rocket cyan tits?
--
“Ideas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith

Wolffan

Oct 3, 2021, 11:32:31 AM10/3/21
On 2021 Oct 03, The Natural Philosopher wrote
(in article <sjch91$8m4$1...@dont-email.me>):

> On 03/10/2021 16:08, Tim Smith wrote:
> > Where have all of these very strange people come from?
> >
> > So what is it with: the following groups?
> >
> > omp.os.linux.setup
> > comp.os.linux.advocacy
> > sci.physics
> >
> > It seems that a collection of very strange people inhabit those groups.
> > Insane Linux fanbois?
> > Or just insane people?
> >
> > Asking for a friend.
> comp.os.linux.advocacy is a battleground of religious ideals
>
> comp.os.linux.setup is just people wanting to use linux
> no idea wghat sci.physics is all about - wannabe rocket cyan tits?

the last time I looked there were flat earthers. haven’t been back.

The Natural Philosopher

Oct 3, 2021, 11:52:40 AM10/3/21
Well if you bend space *enough*, mutatis mutandis, you can have a flat
earth.

It makes the mathematics horrendous, like trying to design a suspension
and transmission for a car with square wheels, but it *can* be done.

--
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.”

H.L. Mencken, A Mencken Chrestomathy

Wolffan

Oct 3, 2021, 12:11:09 PM10/3/21
On 2021 Oct 03, The Natural Philosopher wrote
(in article <sjcjk6$tei$1...@dont-email.me>):
I’ve just had a look. The flat-earthers seem to be gone, but instead there
are reactionless-drive and perpetual-motion kooks. The flat-earthers had more
sense.

pothead

Oct 3, 2021, 12:13:43 PM10/3/21
Flat earthers?
That's hilarious!
Perpeutal Motion kooks might be even funnier!
I guess in these troubling times, it's good and healthy to have a
laugh once in a while.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Jeff-Relf.Me

Oct 3, 2021, 1:30:18 PM10/3/21
"Sci.Physics" lost 99 % of its regulars.

It's very quiet, which isn't a bad thing.

I ScoredDown the hopeless lunatics, of course.

Bobbie Sellers

Oct 3, 2021, 1:41:16 PM10/3/21
I can hardly imagine what is going on in advocacy; gave it up with the
Amiga or with sci.physics since I get a SA newsletter that keeps me up
on quantum strangeness.

Here in GMU/Linux setup we are all rational and polite people
acting out when we are not discussing setting up Linux on old hardware
or more rarely new hardware. Back mouthing if we are experts others
use of various languages.

Consider who is using Usenet these days and reconsider your
definitions of "strange" and maybe "people".

bliss - Your tag lines (k) were stolen!
(more) There is a puff of smoke!

Quaff a potion of See Invisible.
Smeagol is at it again.
Quaff a potion of Speed.
Pretend you haven't seen him.
Wait a turn until he tries for these lines.
Then smite him with your enchanted dagger...

RabidHussar

Oct 3, 2021, 2:07:36 PM10/3/21
Did Shit assault that place too?

--
@RabidHussar
Happy to shove that vaccine of yours up your ass

Carlos E. R.

Oct 3, 2021, 7:12:24 PM10/3/21
Folloup to advocacy removed.

Why on earth you ask such a question of us, and then want us to answer
in a different group?

That is not friendly.

--
Cheers,