Kali and Parrot

The Doctor

Jun 29, 2019, 7:47:25 PM6/29/19
Question about both, how do I fixed the initial video setting
to be 1024 x 768 using the command line?

For Parrot, how do I set up the network interface eth0 and
the default network routing?
All appears to change when we change. -Henri-Fr=C3=A9d=C3=A9ric Amiel

Andreas Kohlbach

Jun 30, 2019, 4:13:17 PM6/30/19
Don't know either, but...

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 23:47:23 -0000 (UTC), The Doctor wrote:

> Question about both, how do I fixed the initial video setting
> to be 1024 x 768 using the command line?

With xrandr. Calling this command without parameters lists available
resolutions. If there is no decent resolution available you have an
insufficient driver for your graphic card and should work on a solution
for this first.

> For Parrot, how do I set up the network interface eth0 and
> the default network routing?

On the command line the command "ip route" lists the current routes. The
command

ip route add default via $IP_ADDRESS

allows you to set a different default route.
--
Andreas

My random thoughts and comments
https://news-commentaries.blogspot.com/

The Doctor

Jun 30, 2019, 8:38:45 PM6/30/19
In article <87tvc6j...@usenet.ankman.de>,
Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
>Don't know either, but...
>
>On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 23:47:23 -0000 (UTC), The Doctor wrote:
>>
>> Question about both, how do I fixed the initial video setting
>> to be 1024 x 768 using the command line?
>
>With xrandr. Calling this command without parameters lists available
>resolutions. If there is no decent resolution available you have an
>insufficient driver for your graphic card and should work on a solution
>for this first.

In a virtual box?

>> For Parrot, how do I set up the network interface eth0 and
>> the default network routing?
>
>On the command line the command "ip route" lists the current routes. The
>command
>
>ip route add default via $IP_ADDRESS
>
>allows you to set a different default route.

What about ifconfig and ip route?

>--
>Andreas
>
>My random thoughts and comments
>https://news-commentaries.blogspot.com/

The Natural Philosopher

Jul 1, 2019, 12:11:05 AM7/1/19
On 01/07/2019 01:38, The Doctor wrote:
>> On the command line the command "ip route" lists the current routes. The
>> command
>>
>> ip route add default via $IP_ADDRESS

^^^^^^^^^^
>> allows you to set a different default route.
> What about ifconfig and ip route?
> ^^^^^^^^^

??????

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people

Peter Thompson

Andreas Kohlbach

Jul 1, 2019, 1:15:04 PM7/1/19
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 00:38:43 -0000 (UTC), The Doctor wrote:

> In article <87tvc6j...@usenet.ankman.de>,
> Andreas Kohlbach <a...@spamfence.net> wrote:
>>Don't know either, but...
>>
>>On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 23:47:23 -0000 (UTC), The Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> Question about both, how do I fixed the initial video setting
>>> to be 1024 x 768 using the command line?
>>
>>With xrandr. Calling this command without parameters lists available
>>resolutions. If there is no decent resolution available you have an
>>insufficient driver for your graphic card and should work on a solution
>>for this first.
>>

> In a virtual box?

You don't say anything about a virtual box. Well try it then.

>>> For Parrot, how do I set up the network interface eth0 and
>>> the default network routing?
>>
>>On the command line the command "ip route" lists the current routes. The
>>command
>>
>>ip route add default via $IP_ADDRESS
>>
>>allows you to set a different default route.
>
> What about ifconfig and ip route?

I mentioned "ip route". This alone shows the IP addresses. You can also
use "ip addr" showing IPs, which is supposed to replace ifconfig at some
point.