RPM for RHEL 4

--> AW

Apr 10, 2005, 8:27:02 PM4/10/05
I would like to add more software to my RHEL 4 Server (learning/testing) ;
however, I have a couple of questions...

(1) What good respository should I add to my download source (apt and/or
yum)?

(2) I have RHEL 4 as mentioned - what compatible binary RPM are suitable -
(ANY of these --> Mandrake 10.x, Fedora 3, Red Hat 9)?

Jason F.

Apr 10, 2005, 8:34:25 PM4/10/05

--> AW

Apr 10, 2005, 9:31:27 PM4/10/05

"Jason F." <jason.n...@gmail.com> wrote in message

For #2 - It did not explicitly say if I can mix RPM on Fedora, Mandrake, Red
Hat together - mix and match RPMs - it sais I could use multiple
Repositories though...so can you mix OS also? Thanks.

Nicholas Andrade

Apr 10, 2005, 10:49:06 PM4/10/05
You'll probably be alright using FC3 repo's (RHEL4 is based on it), but
Mandrake and Fedora Core 1 & prior may cause problems. One alternative
is to use the source RPM's and rebuild them for your system (man rpmbuild).