printing on a samsung clp-500

Sacco

Apr 3, 2005, 6:34:39 PM4/3/05
I'm running fc3 and I've just installed a samsung laser printer clp-500
that works fine with wxp, but I get only blank pages on fc3.
Does anyone know something about this?

Bye

Roberto

Dirk

Apr 3, 2005, 7:02:41 PM4/3/05
Op Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:34:39 +0200, schreef Sacco de volgende woorden:

Please don't multipost to so many groups (maximum 4), I placed a followup
to comp.os.linux.redhat.

Probably you've read these, but just in case:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-CLP-500
http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/support/b2c_support_product_results.jsp

And how did you try to configure your printer? cups, lpr, built-in fedora
gui,...

Dirk

--
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head.

Chuck Forsberg

Apr 4, 2005, 9:36:45 PM4/4/05
I need to clone a working 128MB Smartmedia card onto one that
has been corrupted but otherwise appears to be working.

If I do a copy or word count from the corrupted card I get
the full 128mb.

The good card only yields about 2/3 of that. Both are marked
as 128 MB and both hold the same number of pictures.

Copying the contents of the good card to the other card doesn't work.
The Windows smprep program doesn't work with either of my card readers.

Any idea why the good card doesn't give the full 128mb when reading
from the device?
--
Chuck Forsberg c...@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"