RHEL 4 and drive mapping to Windows 2003 DC/FS

Zane

Apr 10, 2005, 5:08:54 PM4/10/05
We have 35 users at our company and we use Windows 2003 Active Directory
(Domain Controller) and Exchange 2003.

I would like to connect and begin adding RHEL4 (Red Hat 4 Workstations) into
the network. Currently, we have about 6 drive mappings for our client
machines (XP) pointing to several SHARES on the Domain Controller (also file
server).

Question:
---------

How do I get these same drive mappings in RHEL4 (preferrably)or Linux in
general?
For example, H: drive = \\SERVER\Home.

Btw, my goal is to replace the DC as a File Server with a Samba Server
also...not right now, as clien machines are my priority for conversion.

Thank You.

Nicholas Andrade

Apr 10, 2005, 10:51:50 PM4/10/05
Zane wrote:

You'll be doing samba mounts (smbmount); I suggest you look up a program
called linneighborhood if you want a gui. It's fairly simple to setup
so that the drives will automount on boot.