How do I mirror the ssh console with a coworker?

googl...@hotpop.com

Mar 11, 2005, 3:53:48 PM3/11/05
I have a coworker in Brazil who is doing SSH to my server to help me
configure it. I asked if he knew a way to mirror his ssh session to my
console so that I could watch his keystrokes and learn from him. He
said he thought there /should/ be a way, but he didn't know it. Do any
of you know the command?

Mihai Osian

Mar 13, 2005, 6:02:49 PM3/13/05

One of you two has to start the program "screen" and he will get a
virtual terminal. The other can attach himself to the same terminal with
"screen -x".
It is a very cool command. I use it for example to leave a program
running at work ("screen very_long_process"), then check how it is going
from home ("ssh work; screen -r"). Read the manual.

Mihai