How to create a bootable/live CD of installed linux OS

nsing...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2005, 5:55:46 AM2/24/05
hello,
i am new bie to linux , i have installed two OS(linux) on different
partitions , i customize one according to my needs ,now i want to make
bootable/live CD of my customized OS with the help of base OS. I
searced many algo's but none of them is clear to me , bootloader of my
new OS is GRUB ,i try with image of bootable floppy but all in vain,
now i create initial ramdisk image of 1.3MB ,now i am not able to
create image of floppy bcz of size(kernel image+ initd).
i am trying this from last 1 month . so plz help me in this.
thanx in advance
Regards:
Narendra

Thomas D. Shepard

Mar 3, 2005, 7:13:44 AM3/3/05

To make a bootable CD, you need to learn about "el torito." I think grub
supports el torito as of version 0.95. Is your version older than that? If
not, then your grub info page might cover this. Otherwise, Google will
find you what you need if you can filter out all the hits about bullfights
and mexican restaurants. And you will need to upgrade grub to at least
version 0.95 (or use a different bootloader or write your own).

Now that I think of it, one of the many sources for information on making
a bootable Linux CD is the LFS hints at linuxfromscratch.org.

--
Thomas D. Shepard
I am sorry, but you can't email me.

Thomas D. Shepard

Mar 3, 2005, 3:01:26 PM3/3/05
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:13:44 -0800, Thomas D. Shepard wrote:

> To make a bootable CD, you need to learn about "el torito."

Oops! That would be "eltorito" (all one word).