firefox 31.3 on yellow dog linux 6.2

Stephen Harker

Dec 6, 2014, 12:54:49 AM12/6/14

In case anyone is interested, I have just built the latest Centos 5
release firefox-31.3.0-4.el5.centos.src.rpm on yellowdog linux 6.2. The
earlier firefox 31 releases built, but core dumped on startup. Firefox
31.3 builds and runs. It also builds and runs with webm enabled.

I had to make one change to the firefox.spec file:
echo "ac_add_options --disable-gamepad" >> .mozconfig
as the yellow dog linux 6.2 kernel does not have gamepad support
enabled.

The build process definitely required gcc44-c++ and may also require
python26 from epel (I have this installed).

From my limited experience I found it works well as does the webm
support. The main problem I have is the built in pdf java-based viewer
crashes firefox on the few pdf files I have tried. This worked fine in
the firefox 24 releases I tried.

--
Stephen Harker s.ha...@adfa.edu.au
PEMS http://sjharker.customer.netspace.net.au/