Samba server with authentication from an Azure AD domain

David Brown

Oct 28, 2022, 5:16:03 AM10/28/22
We are looking towards updating the way users are authenticated on our
Samba servers. Currently the users, groups and passwords are all local
to the server. That works well enough, but since we have an Azure AD
used for Office 365 email, the obvious choice for a new setup is to use
the Azure AD for authentication.

Does anyone have hints, suggestions, or useful links for how to make
this work? I have run Samba servers for decades, but have no experience
with Azure AD at all.