Has there been a bug in Xorg?

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 15, 2021, 2:51:28 AM12/15/21

Lately I had noticed that one of my machines - I have three, all on Mint
20.2 - was running after a day or two out of memory - and investigation
seemed to show Xorg was the culprit.

All have different video hardware.

Has there been a bug fix - new Xorg software arrived from upstream today...

--
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established
authorities are wrong.”

― Voltaire, The Age of Louis XIV

Andrei Z.

Dec 15, 2021, 4:02:38 AM12/15/21
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> Lately I had noticed that one of my machines - I have three, all on Mint
> 20.2 - was running after a day or two out of memory - and investigation
> seemed to show Xorg was the culprit.
>
> All have different video hardware.
>
> Has there been a bug fix - new Xorg software arrived from upstream today...

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/574024418/xorg-server_1.20.13-1ubuntu1~20.04.2_amd64.changes

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 15, 2021, 4:24:01 AM12/15/21
Hmm. Doesn't really look like any of those is a memory leak.
I'll upgrade the one that seems to have the leak, to the latest, and see...