Re: GuhNoo Hurd: 30+ years in development, but "a complete disaster in real-world use"

F Russell

Apr 3, 2021, 6:14:15 PM4/3/21
On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 21:08:49 +0000, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

> Le 03-04-2021, dfs <nos...@dfs.com> a écrit :

>>> You should look harder to understand.
>>
>> What's to understand?
>
> Linus TORVALDS developing Linux alone in is basement is long gone.

No, it's not. World class software does not depend on sponsorship.
It requires only expertise, creativity, and enthusiasm. (None
of which you possess.)

Donations to FOSS projects are always voluntary. The project
does not stop if there are no donations. Any developer who
is developing just "for the money" should be summarily expunged.

FOSS exists for the good of the global computing community.
Any developer who is sponsored (i.e. paid by a grubbing corporation)
should be willing to give the fruits of his labor to the world
without condition or else get the fuck out.

Will FOSS leaders uphold these principles into the future?

It's not very likely. Most Linux distros have already sold
out to RedHat (IBM)'s systemd. It's only a matter of time
before the whole of FOSS is equally absorbed.

The ignoramus and insignificant GNU/Linux user won't ever
notice the rampant telemetry flowing behind his beloved
Netflix.

--

Systemd free. D.E. free.

Always and forever.