Firefux file associations

1 view

Sentient Primate

Sep 5, 2022, 7:17:52 AM9/5/22
I tried Sparky Linux (which is more or less Debian).
It has Firefox 91 ESR. I set options to download pdf when I click on a
link. Then if I click the download icon in top right corner, and select
the download, it uses LibreOffice Draw to view the pdf, which is
terrible at rendering, and rather slow. This never happened before (I
have installed assorted linux on about 20 desktops and laptops).
I look at about:config in Firefox, and cannot see any mention of
LiberalOrifice crap.
In Dolphin file manager, Okular is used if I click on a pdf.
So I go to KDE system settings file associations. For pdf, Okular is
first preference, and Draw is second choice. So why does Firefox go for
second choice?
The only way I could stop this was to delete Draw from file association
altogether.

Carlos E.R.

Sep 5, 2022, 9:36:10 AM9/5/22
This is not defined by Firefox, it depends on your desktop of choice.

Maybe

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-or-choose-another-viewer

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Joerg Lorenz

Sep 5, 2022, 11:48:46 AM9/5/22
Am 05.09.22 um 13:17 schrieb Sentient Primate:
Right klick on the file in your file manager.
Open with
Other Application (perhaps slghtly different because I use a German Mint)
Choose your prefferred application
Set as default

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)