Last M68k Debian Port

Richard

Aug 4, 2007, 12:41:20 PM8/4/07
Hi

Does anyone know were the latest and last M68K Debain Port, can be
downloaded from, its been dropped by debain and by all the debain mirrors
listed on the Debain site.

I would like the full port in ISO images if possible.

Many thanks Richard

Dirk Heinrichs

Aug 9, 2007, 9:52:35 AM8/9/07
Richard wrote:

> Does anyone know were the latest and last M68K Debain Port, can be
> downloaded from, its been dropped by debain and by all the debain mirrors
> listed on the Debain site.

No, it's not dropped, it just hasn't been released, because it was late.
hopefully there will again be an official m68k port in the next release
again.

In the meantime, point your /etc/apt/sources.list to "etch-m68k" (should be
on any mirror, I looked at ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists) and run
apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade.

> I would like the full port in ISO images if possible.

No release, no ISOs, :-(

HTH...

Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs | Tel: +49 (0)162 234 3408
Capgemini Deutschland | Mail: dirk.he...@capgemini.com

tortoise

Aug 10, 2007, 6:48:29 AM8/10/07
to debian-68k
On Aug 9, 6:52 am, Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs....@nsn.com> wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > Does anyone know were the latest and last M68K Debain Port, can be
> > downloaded from, its been dropped by debain and by all the debain mirrors
> > listed on the Debain site.
>
> No, it's not dropped, it just hasn't been released, because it was late.
> hopefully there will again be an official m68k port in the next release
> again.
>
> In the meantime, point your /etc/apt/sources.list to "etch-m68k" (should be
> on any mirror, I looked atftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/dists) and run

> apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> > I would like the full port in ISO images if possible.
>
> No release, no ISOs, :-(

there was a bootable cd for sarge that was unofficial.
there may or may not be an etch version.

the bootloader is called EMILE.
it only worked if you have an apple cd.