Is diese group tot ?

tim.beikuefner

Feb 17, 2007, 7:36:47 PM2/17/07
???

Anders Eklöf

Feb 18, 2007, 4:33:01 AM2/18/07
tim.beikuefner <tim-bei...@online.de> wrote:

> ???

Considering that your question was the first post in over a month
it sure *looks* dead.
But you never know. All groups are what we make them.

68k is pretty obsolete by today's standards.
I haven't tried Linux on a 68k Mac myself in over 5 years.

--
I recommend Macs to my friends, and Windows machines
to those whom I don't mind billing by the hour

Jerry Heyman

Feb 18, 2007, 10:33:11 AM2/18/07
on Sunday 18 February 2007 04:33 am, andekl_no@saaf_spam.se (Anders Eklöf)
wrote:

> tim.beikuefner <tim-bei...@online.de> wrote:
>
>> ???
>
> Considering that your question was the first post in over a month
> it sure *looks* dead.
> But you never know. All groups are what we make them.

I was making use of it quite a bit when installing Debian v3r1 on
my Amiga A3000. Got a few questions answered quite quickly.

> 68k is pretty obsolete by today's standards.
> I haven't tried Linux on a 68k Mac myself in over 5 years.

Debian runs just fine on my A3000. Need to get used to the glacial
speeds though - quite different than the dual p3 and Power4 boxes
I am used to in the office.

Still in search of an X drier for the A2410 - need source code
from the Commodore version of SysVR4 that was originally released
in 1993 for the A3000...

jerry
--
// Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
// Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"

tortoise

Feb 19, 2007, 1:19:31 AM2/19/07
debia...@lists.debian.org is fairly active,
i am often more interested in reading this list
than i am in using my debian-68k machine...

there is some old fashioned late 20th century
community spirit as well as internationalism
appropriate to today.

but i still subscribe to this newsgroup as do
some others, and will reply if i feel i have anything
to contribute. although because it is more
of a spam attractor i am less likely to post.

i like the old 68k mac even though it is very slow,
it teaches me and when i am stuck elsewhere
i would turn to it for it forces me to concentrate
on the basics.

debian is struggling though these days so no
telling about the future, i have considering
also netbsd which supports ancient and old macs
too. i know of no other linux distro for 68k now
other than debian.

brian