LILO-LITE - New Project - Developers Wanted

Mark Hobley

Nov 19, 2003, 4:20:22 AM11/19/03
I intend to reduce the size of the lilo source code, which will result
in a new project, currently called lilo-lite.

I am looking for developers, who are interested in contributing to
this project on a voluntary basis.

The project is open source.

I must admit that this will be my first linux project ever, so It's
going to be a slow and painful process to do this, especially since my
entire linux network is undergoing major changes.

The boot loader will be based on version 20 of lilo, which was the
best version, before all the colours and graphics capabilities were
added.

The project status at this time, is as follows:

No coding modifications have taken place.

Lilo version 20, does not compile on my machine at this time, due to
missing dependencies. This is preventing me from making any code
changes. I am working to resolve this issue.

My linux machine is minimalist, so it is a slow process for me to add
components at this time.

I have created a developer website for this project, but it does not
contain anything interesting at this time.

http://markhobley.yi.org/linux/projects/lilolite/index.html

I look forward to hearing from anyone brave enough to join me on this
adventure.

Email me: markhobley at hotpop dot com

Tauno Voipio

Nov 19, 2003, 9:38:26 AM11/19/03

"Mark Hobley" <markh...@hotpop.deletethisbit.com> wrote in message

> I intend to reduce the size of the lilo source code, which will result
> in a new project, currently called lilo-lite.

--- clip clip ---

Please tell why on earth?

AFAIK, the current LILO is OK.

Do you have any experience on boot loaders or different PC and BIOS
peculiarities?

If not, take a easier project first.

Been there - done that (for well over 35 years)

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Kasper Dupont

Nov 19, 2003, 10:34:24 AM11/19/03
Stop posting this stuff again and again. Instead you
should rather start answering some of the questions
from last time.

FUT: cold.system

--
Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid paa usenet.
For sending spam use mailto:aaa...@daimi.au.dk