Linux Shell timeout tracking help

Krishna

Apr 14, 2004, 8:54:29 PM4/14/04

I have a following question can anyone please help me.

I am trying to get login on bootup work on Monta Vista work.
I could get my login process get invoked on bootup and also be able
logout when ever required but i still have the following issue of
getting
linux shell timed out and lead to a login prompt when there is no
activity
on the linux shell.

I need a way to keep track of the linux shell idle timeout value so
that if
the linux shell is idle for sometime then i can invoke my login
process and
get back to loginprompt.

Is there any way on Monta Vista Linux where we can tract the Linux
Shells
idle timeout and so that if the linux shell is idle for certain
time then we can invoke the login process agains

Thanks in Advance
Krishna

Naveen

Apr 15, 2004, 8:29:27 AM4/15/04
dlnk+goo...@intoto.com (Krishna) wrote in message news:<9c209f7b.04041...@posting.google.com>...

> Hi,
>
> I have a following question can anyone please help me.
>
> I am trying to get login on bootup work on Monta Vista work.
[Snip]

> Is there any way on Monta Vista Linux where we can tract the Linux
> Shells
> idle timeout and so that if the linux shell is idle for certain
> time then we can invoke the login process agains

Try adding this line to your .bash_profile

export TMOUT=60

This would set the idle time to 60 seconds. If there is no user input
on the terminal for more than 1 minute, your session get closed.

Regards
Naveen.