NFS help

Michael Lodman

Mar 30, 2004, 12:52:17 PM3/30/04
I am getting the following error when attempting to mount a directory:

# mount -t nfs 192.168.25.41:/home /home
nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
RPC: sendmsg returned error 22
nfs: RPC call returned error 22
nfs_get_root: getattr error = 22
nfs_read_super: get root inode failed
mount: Mounting 192.168.25.41:/home on /home failed: Invalid argument

The platform is a Broadcom based Mips, running there 2.4.17 distribution.

/proc/filesystems says:

nodev rootfs
nodev bdev
nodev proc
nodev sockfs
nodev tmpfs
nodev shm
nodev pipefs
cramfs
nodev nfs
jffs2

Help would be greatly appreciated. I tried google without luck.

Skylar Thompson

Mar 31, 2004, 11:00:18 PM3/31/04
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.networking.]

Try upgrading your mount utility package to the latest and greatest.
Failing that, make sure that you both ends have agreed on the proper NFS
version. I believe there is a mount option to force this.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (sky...@cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/

Bill Marcum

Apr 1, 2004, 1:40:02 PM4/1/04
["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.networking.]
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:52:17 GMT, Michael Lodman
<jlo...@rainbow-networks.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error when attempting to mount a directory:
>
> # mount -t nfs 192.168.25.41:/home /home
> nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
> RPC: sendmsg returned error 22
> nfs: RPC call returned error 22
> nfs_get_root: getattr error = 22
> nfs_read_super: get root inode failed
> mount: Mounting 192.168.25.41:/home on /home failed: Invalid argument
>
> The platform is a Broadcom based Mips, running there 2.4.17 distribution.

Is that the client or the server? Are nfsd and portmap running on the
server? What is in the server's /etc/exports, /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny? It says "mount version older than kernel", have you
tried to find a newer version of mount?

--
Nothing is illegal if one hundred businessmen decide to do it.
-- Andrew Young