Unreadable output from xprobe2 on Ubuntu/Kali

Ohm Trivedi

Jun 8, 2018, 4:49:27 PM6/8/18
Hi guys,

I am pursuing my Master's thesis related to cybersecurity. It involves OS fingerprinting and hence I am trying to use xprobe2.

I have tried running xprobe2 on an Ubuntu VM and Kali Linux VM as well. On Ubuntu, I just get a blank after the "Running OS:" and on Kali Linux, I get a gibberish text. You can look at screenshots here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1364...ew?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rXG...ew?usp=sharing

I found one suggestion here (https://www.thehackr.com/os-fingerprinting-kali/):

sudo apt --reinstall install fonts-cantarell

But the problem persists.

I have not been able to find any other solution for this on the internet. So, I was hoping if anyone here came across this problem and may know the solution. Please, it will help me a lot!

Ohm Trivedi

Jun 8, 2018, 7:47:38 PM6/8/18