I/O propagation path in Linux

Subodh kant

Mar 10, 2019, 3:02:13 PM3/10/19

Please help me with the details of I/O propagation path in Linux from application to driver.

Thanks,
Subodh

Joe Beanfish

Mar 11, 2019, 9:35:59 AM3/11/19
On Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:02:10 -0700, Subodh kant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help me with the details of I/O propagation path in Linux from application to driver.

That's very vague. What makes you ask? Homework assignment?

Jorgen Grahn

Mar 11, 2019, 6:27:08 PM3/11/19
Maybe not /that/ vague, but it varies a lot depending on the type of
I/O. Writing 10 bytes to a file or writing 10 bytes to a TCP socket
is going to be very different.

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .