gdb installation

Message has been deleted

zix

May 20, 2009, 6:34:38 AM5/20/09
I am trying to install gdbmod from gdb-6.4. I am cross compiling
for arm
architecture(target arm, host i386). Earlier, I was testing it on my
machine without any
flags for cross compilation. Now, when I am cross compiling, I am
getting the error that it was compiled for i686, now its being
compiled for arm. I have removed the gdb -6.4 directory and did a
fresh installation, still the issue remains. I have given the option
of
--cache-file=/dev/null,. still the issue remains. Can anybody please
help me out. Am stuck horribly.

heres the log:
[root@localhost zix]# cd gdb-6.4
[root@localhost gdb-6.4]# CC_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
LD_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld STRIP=strip LD=ld CC=gcc AR=ar
OBJCOPY=objcopy OBJDUMP=objdump ./configure --cache-file=/dev/null --
host=i386-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-none-linuxgnueabi --prefix=/media/
disk/gdb-6.4/binaries
checking target system type... arm-none-linux-gnugnueabi
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gnatbind... no
checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... cmp --ignore-
initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
checking for MPFR... no
checking for bison... bison
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for gm4... no
checking for gnum4... no
checking for m4... m4
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex... flex
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
*** removing libiberty/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing opcodes/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing bfd/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing readline/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing sim/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing gdb/Makefile to force reconfigure
*** removing etc/Makefile to force reconfigure
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-ar... ar
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-as... no
checking for as... as
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
checking for dlltool... no
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-ld... ld
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-nm... no
checking for nm... nm
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-windres... no
checking for windres... no
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-objcopy... objcopy
checking for i386-pc-linux-gnu-objdump... objdump
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-ar... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-as... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-cc... arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-c++... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-g++... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-cxx... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-gxx... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-dlltool... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-gcc... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-gcj... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-gfortran... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-ld... arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-lipo... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-nm... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-objdump... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-ranlib... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-strip... no
checking for arm-none-linuxgnueabi-windres... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles... no
checking if symbolic links between directories work... yes
updating cache /dev/null
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
[root@localhost gdb-6.4]#
[root@localhost gdb-6.4]#
[root@localhost gdb-6.4]# make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/zix/gdb-6.4'
Configuring in ./libiberty
configure: loading cache ./config.cache
configure: error: `build_alias' has changed since the previous run:
configure: former value: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure: current value: i386-pc-linux-gnu
configure: error: `host_alias' has changed since the previous run:
configure: former value: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure: current value: i386-pc-linux-gnu
configure: error: `target_alias' has changed since the previous run:
configure: former value: i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure: current value: arm-none-linuxgnueabi
configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and
start over
make[1]: *** [configure-libiberty] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zix/gdb-6.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost gdb-6.4]#

Thanks Everybody,
zix

zix

May 20, 2009, 8:15:59 AM5/20/09
The issue got solved by doing a make clean and make distclean. We
should do it before configure. Even if we are extracting onto a fresh
new directory for the first time.

Hope this helps someone in similar distress..

Petio Petrov

Nov 11, 2020, 12:27:17 PM11/11/20
It did!