Parser for x86 assembly for Source Navigator

xxxoltan

Apr 28, 2001, 5:49:37 PM4/28/01
Howdy,

Does anyone know of the existence of an assembly language parser for X86
assembly to integrate with Source Navigator? I "could" modify the existing
PowerPC601 assembly parser that comes with SN, but I'm hoping someone
already beat me to that. It would be nice if it followed MASM (yeccchhh!)
syntax.

Also, as long as I'm wishing, I also wish for a make file parser, possibly
to integrate with SN, but something on the order of Sun's makefile analyzer
that comes with their development tools would be nice. Has anyone heard of
such a beast?

Thanks,
xxxoltan (wallowing in legacy...quite against my will)

Alexei A. Frounze

Apr 28, 2001, 8:42:11 PM4/28/01
"xxxoltan" <xxxo...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Howdy,
>
> Does anyone know of the existence of an assembly language parser for X86
> assembly to integrate with Source Navigator? I "could" modify the
existing
> PowerPC601 assembly parser that comes with SN, but I'm hoping someone
> already beat me to that. It would be nice if it followed MASM (yeccchhh!)
> syntax.
>
> Also, as long as I'm wishing, I also wish for a make file parser, possibly
> to integrate with SN, but something on the order of Sun's makefile
analyzer
> that comes with their development tools would be nice. Has anyone heard
of
> such a beast?

Well, you may try to use NASM sources or something similar... Anyway, it is
not going to be hard to do such a thing on your own... A program written in
assembly language has very simple structure as opposed to HLL program... It
would be just a little bit serious than a simple calculator that calculates
given formulas...

Good Luck
--
Alexei A. Frounze
alexfru [AT] chat [DOT] ru

xxxoltan

Apr 29, 2001, 1:05:30 PM4/29/01
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll take a swing at it myself. I just got
on the source-navigator mailing list, and I see some others were interested
in this also, so if I succeed, I'll submit to the SN website...

"Alexei A. Frounze" <dummy_a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message