Rxvt release 1.1 has been uploaded to /pub/Linix/Incoming/rxvt-1.1c.tar.z and
Xvt is an xterm replacement which uses a little less memory, and is
suitable for use on machines with small memories. Tek4010 support
Modifications were made by Rob Nation (nat...@rocket.sanders.lockheed.com)
to make it a little more compact, and to add and remove certain features.
Here's what's new since the last release:
1. rxvt now accepts resource input from the .Xdefaults file.
2. The default configuration is 8-bit clean, with 7-bit mode available
as a command line or resource option.
3. Added an option to start the window's shell as a login shell for
people who don't want to fix their start-up procedures.
4. Fixed a few bugs, including one which caused some versions of "more"
Also, some unrelated stuff has been added to the package:
1. rclock - a lighter weight version of xclock. Has the nice feature
of displaying the time in analog format when de-iconified, or in
digital format when iconified
2. Notes on other tricks to conserve memory when using X. Shows a
route to saving a full megabyte of RAM. When running Xmono in 4.25
megabytes of RAM, I now have 1.1 Mebyte free (actually its used for
3. A pre-release of a fvwm, a minimum-resource-usage window manager
has been included.