Gentoo is the Greatest -- Hands Down!

F Russell

Jul 16, 2021, 6:59:38 PM7/16/21
Over the past two months there have been two major upheavals to the
Gentoo ecosystem:

1) Python default from 3.8 to 3.9(*)

2) libcrypt migration to libxcrypt

Holy shiite! I have more than 500 packages installed! Can I fucking
handle this?

No fucking problem. Gentoo Portage was able to effect both changes
seamlessly. I barely lost a fucking step. My system, and its complex
build configuration, is completely adjusted.

THAT'S the power of GNU/Linux/FOSS, and especially that of Gentoo
Portage as it is selected by that evil mega-conglomerate Google for its
package management.

Hail Linux!

Hail GNU and the FSF!

Hail Stallman!

(*) Note that no fucking programming language should render all
code obsolete with every fucking version change, but that's exactly
the practice of that ballerina, pussy shit-language called "Python."

--

Systemd free. D.E. free.

Always and forever.

invalid

Jul 16, 2021, 7:35:34 PM7/16/21
What is the advantage of Gentoo over OpenSuse?
I was using debian for the longest time but switched to OpenSuse last
year and so far have been happy.
I thought Gentoo had been abandoned?
Distrowatch has it at #52 so I suppose it's still alive and kicking.

https://distrowatch.com/

--

Invalid Email

DFS

Jul 16, 2021, 8:17:29 PM7/16/21
On 7/16/2021 6:58 PM, F Russell wrote:

> Note that no fucking programming language should render all
> code obsolete with every fucking version change, but that's exactly
> the practice of that ballerina, pussy shit-language called "Python."

This is a pathetic lie, along with all your other stupid lies about Python.

Feeb says "Python is actually a part of the 'low code/no code' movement.."

What an insecure, ignorant dunce. Worse, you're a self-proclaimed
'computer scientist' unable to write simple Python (or C) programs.

import sys, time
dictfile = sys.argv[1]
printYN = sys.argv[2]

t0 = time.perf_counter()
with open(dictfile) as f:
words = f.read().splitlines()
t1 = time.perf_counter()
print('\n %d words loaded in %.3f seconds' % (len(words), (t1 - t0)))

letters,pos,cnt = '',0,0
while letters != 'zzz':
letters = input("\nEnter first letters: ")
cnt=0
t0 = time.perf_counter()
for word in words:
if word[0:len(letters)] == letters:
cnt+=1
if printYN == 'print':
print(word, end=' ')
t1 = time.perf_counter()
print('\n%d matches found in %.8f seconds' % (cnt, (t1 - t0)))

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dwyl/english-words/master/words_alpha.txt

copied it 6x and sorted it

$ pypy3 lettermatch.py 2M_words.txt

2220618 words loaded in 4.524 seconds

Enter first letters: cat
4356 matches found in 0.08824610 seconds

Enter first letters: cata
1536 matches found in 0.04193470 seconds

Enter first letters: catastr
48 matches found in 0.04302650 seconds

Enter first letters: catastrophic
18 matches found in 0.04573810 seconds

Enter first letters: catastrophical
catastrophical catastrophical catastrophical catastrophical
catastrophical catastrophical catastrophically catastrophically
catastrophically catastrophically catastrophically catastrophically
12 matches found in 0.04602870 seconds

46/1000ths of a second to letter-match against 2.2M words, on my old system?

C and Feeb: severely pwned by pypy3 and DFS

chrisv

Jul 16, 2021, 9:30:05 PM7/16/21
F Russell wrote:

>(*) Note that no fucking programming language should render all
>code obsolete with every fucking version change, but that's exactly
>the practice of that ballerina, pussy shit-language called "Python."

Going from 3.8 to 3.9 obsoletes old code?

--
"Even the OBM said there was no meddling [from the Russians, in the
2016 election]." - anonlinuxuser, lying shamelessly

Michael Glaser

Jul 17, 2021, 12:23:37 AM7/17/21
It was Mike Easter who stated that he and his students used to rip off customers
all the time and it was arousing. Only what Mike Easter wants matters to
Mike Easter. There is nothing you or I can do to change that. It's a personality
defect and it is what it is. From what I've seen it looks like the trolling
nonsense is breaking down. By listening to 'lawyers' like that you get terms
like 'moral relativism'. Carried to its ultimate conclusion, the concept
that it's 'immoral' for a heterosexual human to not wish to date a child
is pushed. The full comedy is full of goofy cracks and is based heavily
on Mike Easter's 'vitamin D' claim. Already moved on from that. Take it
as you want! I quoted examples of Mike Easter showing off insecurity --
flooding every group I post to, etc. His response: to double down on your
lies.

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!
Automate Google Groups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQ4Tg0r0g0

RonB

Jul 17, 2021, 12:38:43 AM7/17/21
Russell is just trolling again. I guess no one was paying attention to him.

--
Saudis bomb & starve Yemeni civilians: (crickets)
Yemenis attack Saudi oil facilities: TERRORISM!

F Russell

Jul 17, 2021, 3:28:02 AM7/17/21
On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:30:03 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> Going from 3.8 to 3.9 obsoletes old code?

In some cases it sure does. But it also causes headaches in a myriad
of other ways. Here is just one example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65714758/how-to-update-python-x-x-to-python-x-x-keeping-all-the-packages

Why all the fuss?

Because Python is a piece-of-junk language with a piss-poor design.

invalid

Jul 17, 2021, 9:14:44 AM7/17/21
Thanks.
I took a look at running Gentoo in a VM and it's too much of a PITA.
I don't see what advantage all that extra work would offer me.
I'll stick With OpenSuse for now.

--

Invalid Email

RonB

Jul 17, 2021, 10:09:06 AM7/17/21
I don't care if people like and use Gentoo, I just get sick of Russell's
rants about it. Sorry, Russell, it's just not worth my time and effort. But
enjoy the heck out of it if you want. Choice is good, but I've got a life.

Steve Carroll

Jul 17, 2021, 10:34:30 AM7/17/21
On 2021-07-17, F Russell <f...@random.info> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 20:30:03 -0500, chrisv wrote:
>

>> Going from 3.8 to 3.9 obsoletes old code?
>>

> In some cases it sure does. But it also causes headaches in a myriad
> of other ways. Here is just one example:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65714758/how-to-update-python-x-x-to-python-x-x-keeping-all-the-packages
>
> Why all the fuss?
>
> Because Python is a piece-of-junk language with a piss-poor design.

What does the way packages are handled have to do with Python's design
as a language?

Rabid Roach

Jul 17, 2021, 10:36:39 AM7/17/21
There is no advantage. Fabian just thinks that he's smarter and more
attractive to the female gender if he compiles all of the software from
scratch to get a 3% greater performance out of his applications.
Considering he's never been with a member of the fairer sex, his opinion
on the matter should completely be disregarded.

--
Rabid Roach
John 15:18

F Russell

Jul 17, 2021, 12:54:27 PM7/17/21
On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 14:34:27 +0000, Steve Carroll wrote:

> What does the way packages are handled have to do with Python's design
> as a language?

I know virtually nothing about Python because I don't want to know.

Python is nothing more than a big bag of tricks that allow idiots
to perform complex programming feats without knowing what
the fuck they are doing. Every new release, even minor, just
adds more features (i.e. tricks) and eliminates others, and hence
incompatibility abounds. There is really no unifying scheme to its
overall design.

At this point, I must keep THREE different versions of Python
on my system or I am fucked: 2.7, 3.8, and 3.9. What lunacy!

In the beginning there was the machine and the machine is all.
A programming language must NOT obscure the machine and
C and only C fits the bill.

Even though it can be a pain in the ass, I program only in C and
will ALWAYS do so.

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jul 17, 2021, 1:48:26 PM7/17/21
Le 17-07-2021, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> a écrit :
> On 7/16/2021 6:58 PM, F Russell wrote:
>
>> Note that no fucking programming language should render all code
>> obsolete with every fucking version change, but that's exactly the
>> practice of that ballerina, pussy shit-language called "Python."
>

> This is a pathetic lie, along with all your other stupid lies about
> Python.

Technically speaking, he's not lying. To be able to lie, he would need
to know what he's speaking of. He is just mistaken by his huge lack of
knowledge.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jul 17, 2021, 1:52:35 PM7/17/21
The issue is more related with your own code than with the packages. If
the distro is well maintained, the packages should be OK. But if you don't
precise the version of Python your are calling in your scripts, you can
have surprises.

As he has no personal code he shouldn't see differences.

Steve Carroll

Jul 17, 2021, 2:09:49 PM7/17/21
Yet, he's still whining ;)

FR

Jul 17, 2021, 3:37:51 PM7/17/21
On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 18:09:46 +0000, Steve Carroll wrote:

> Yet, he's still whining ;)

What you call "whining" is in reality "professional disgust."

You would not know because you are NOT a professional but
rather you are an ignorant peon.

When a TRUE PROFESSIONAL encounters shoddy tools the only
possible reaction is disgust.

Python is the shoddiest.

DFS

Jul 18, 2021, 8:11:03 PM7/18/21
On 7/17/2021 3:37 PM, FR wrote:

> When a TRUE PROFESSIONAL encounters shoddy tools the only
> possible reaction is disgust.
>
> Python is the shoddiest.

Left side of the equation we have phony clowns like Feeb Russell spewing
ignorance and stupidity about python (even though Gentoo depends very
heavily on it).

Right side of the equation we have Cambridge Univ Press publishing
'Numerical Methods in Engineering with Python 3', authored by Jaan
Kiusalaas, Professor Emeritus in the Dept of Engineering Science and
Mechanics at Penn State.

The equation is not balanced.

DFS

Jul 22, 2021, 5:33:35 PM7/22/21
On 7/17/2021 12:53 PM, F Russell wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 14:34:27 +0000, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

>> What does the way packages are handled have to do with Python's design
>> as a language?
>>

> I know virtually nothing about Python because I don't want to know.

Because you CAN'T know.

A "REAL MAN" python programmer can write an ODBC driver with python, or
the Gentoo package manager Portage.

And depending on the app, running it with pypy3 makes it perform nearly
on par with C.

> Python is nothing more than a big bag of tricks that allow idiots
> to perform complex programming feats without knowing what
> the fuck they are doing.

Other side of your piehole: "the language doesn't matter. Programming
is problem solving."

And the fact is, the solution to many if not most problems can be more
easily communicated or discovered with Python than with C. If your time
is worth much, you will save a TON of it by using Python.

ie
print("knowing what the fucking fuck they're doing".index("fuck "))
25

Another simple-ass Python one-liner. Now write the C or assembler to
show what position 'fuck ' starts at.

Even though it's not a 'complex programming feat', you can't do it
because it's a "string". Hence, you're an idiot that doesn't know what
the fuck he's doing.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
int main(void)
{
char *wtf = "knowing what the fucking fuck they're doing";
printf("%d\n",strstr(wtf, "fuck ") - wtf);
}
25

> Every new release, even minor, just adds more features (i.e. tricks)

Cool. More time saved.

Like when they added enumeration, which saved you a couple lines:

for j,item in enumerate(list):
print(j+1, item)

previously you needed a separate counter and had to maintain it:

i=0
for item in list:
print(i+1, item)
i += 1

From 2.7x to 3.x the idiots that be DID change the nntplib library in
ways that broke my Usenet code. But there was years of warnings about
the changes.

> and eliminates others, and hence
> incompatibility abounds. There is really no unifying scheme to its
> overall design.
>
> At this point, I must keep THREE different versions of Python
> on my system or I am fucked: 2.7, 3.8, and 3.9. What lunacy!

All this pissing and moaning is because you're afraid of it.

> In the beginning there was the machine and the machine is all.
> A programming language must NOT obscure the machine

Why not? You put on your Girl Scout uniform and allow Portage to
insulate you from the grittiness of installing and updating packages.

> and C and only C fits the bill.

ONLY assembler fits that bill. You need not know a thing about the
hardware to write C programs.

> Even though it can be a pain in the ass, I program only in C and
> will ALWAYS do so.

What a phony poser. If you were a mature person you would save yourself
immense time by using Python where appropriate.

I wrote this for a beginner online recently. Don't know if he
understood how wacky it is (guess letter 1, then letter 2.. until you
guess the whole word), but he said it was exactly what he was looking for.

it's kind of fun to play one time - but only if you know the word you're
guessing at (line 4 shows it - try playing it without line 4 - it's
ridiculous).
import random
wordlist = ["cat","jumps","high","over","the","brown","dog"]
word = random.choice(wordlist)
print("Word to find: " + word)
letter,answer,pos = '','',0
while answer != word:
letter = input("Guess letter #" + str(pos+1) + ": ")
if letter == word[pos]:
print("You got letter " + str(pos + 1) + "!")
answer += letter
print("So far: " + answer)
pos += 1
else:
print("Nope. Try again.")
print("You guessed right! The word is: " + answer)

advanced C for Feeb
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <time.h>

int main()
{
char *words[] = {"cat","jumps","high","over","the","brown","dog"};
char word[6],letter[2], answer[6]="";
int lo = 0, hi = 6, pos = 0;
srand(time(NULL));
strcpy(word,words[rand()%(hi-lo+1)]);
printf("Word to find: %s\n",word);
while(strcmp(answer,word)!=0)
{
printf("Guess letter #%d: ",pos+1);
scanf("%s", letter);
if(letter[0] == word[pos])
{
printf("You got letter %d!\n",pos+1);
strncat(answer,letter,1);
printf("So far: %s\n",answer);
pos++;
}
else
{
printf("Nope. Try again.\n");
}
}
printf("You guessed right! The word is: %s",answer);
return 0;
}

DFS

Aug 1, 2021, 3:04:32 PM8/1/21
On 7/17/2021 12:53 PM, F Russell wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 14:34:27 +0000, Steve Carroll wrote:
>

>> What does the way packages are handled have to do with Python's design
>> as a language?
>>

> I know virtually nothing about Python because I don't want to know.
>
> Python is nothing more than a big bag of tricks that allow idiots
> to perform complex programming feats without knowing what
> the fuck they are doing.

ie YOU

You ready for python to put another beatdown on C (and for me to put
another beatdown on you)? If not, get ready...

string = "this is a string containing all the letters of the English
alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each letter in
the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and tell us."

#count each letter
totletters = 0
c1 = [0] * 26
for letter in string:
if ord(letter) >= 97:
c1[ord(letter)-97] += 1
totletters += 1

#add letter and counts to intermediate array
c2 = []
for i,x in enumerate(c1):
c2.append((chr(i+97), c1[i]))

#create new sorted array
c3 = sorted(c2,key=lambda x:(-x[1],x[0]))

#output
print('Letter count: ' + str(totletters))
print('By Letter By Cnt')
for i,x in enumerate(c1):
letter = c2[i][0]
cnt = c2[i][1]
rletter = c3[i][0]
rcnt = c3[i][1]
print(" %2s: %2d %2s: %d" % (letter, cnt, rletter, rcnt))
19 SLOC (C pwned hard by python)

$python prog.py
Letter count: 157
By Letter By Cnt
a: 10 t: 20
b: 3 e: 14
c: 4 n: 13
d: 2 i: 12
e: 14 l: 11
f: 2 a: 10
g: 6 h: 10
h: 10 s: 10
i: 12 o: 8
j: 1 r: 7
k: 2 g: 6
l: 11 m: 5
m: 5 c: 4
n: 13 u: 4
o: 8 w: 4
p: 3 b: 3
q: 1 p: 3
r: 7 d: 2
s: 10 f: 2
t: 20 k: 2
u: 4 y: 2
v: 1 j: 1
w: 4 q: 1
x: 1 v: 1
y: 2 x: 1
z: 1 z: 1

> Even though it can be a pain in the ass, I program only in C and
> will ALWAYS do so.

So you shouldn't have any trouble writing the above short program in C.

(how long can the crickets chirp? Until it's proven you don't know what
the fuck you're doing)

Feeb pwned hard by DFS

DFS

Aug 3, 2021, 1:59:42 PM8/3/21
chirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirpchirp

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

//sort column 2 descending, then column 1 ascending
static int compare_2d1a(const void* p1, const void* p2) {
int *a1 = (int*)p1;
int *a2 = (int*)p2;
int chg = a2[1] - a1[1];
if(chg != 0) return chg;
return a1[0] - a2[0];
}

int main(void)
{
char string[] = "this is a string containing all the letters of the
English alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each
letter in the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and
tell us.";

//count each letter
int c1[26]={0};
int totletters=0;
for(int i=0;i<strlen(string);i++) {
if(((int)string[i]) >= 97) {
c1[string[i]-'a']++;
totletters++;
}
}

//add letter int and counts to intermediate array
int c2[26][2];
for(int i=0;i<26;i++) {
c2[i][0]= i+97;
c2[i][1]= c1[i];
}

//sort intermediate array
qsort(c2, 26, 2*sizeof(int), compare_2d1a);

//output
printf("Letter count: %d\n",totletters);
printf("By Letter By Cnt\n");
for(int r=0;r<26;r++)
{
int letter = r+97;
int cnt = c1[r];
int rletter = c2[r][0];
int rcnt = c2[r][1];
printf("%c. %2d %c. %2d\n",letter,cnt,rletter,rcnt);
}

return 0;
}

$ prog
Letter count: 157
By Letter By Cnt
a. 10 t. 20
b. 3 e. 14
c. 4 n. 13
d. 2 i. 12
e. 14 l. 11
f. 2 a. 10
g. 6 h. 10
h. 10 s. 10
i. 12 o. 8
j. 1 r. 7
k. 2 g. 6
l. 11 m. 5
m. 5 c. 4
n. 13 u. 4
o. 8 w. 4
p. 3 b. 3
q. 1 p. 3
r. 7 d. 2
s. 10 f. 2
t. 20 k. 2
u. 4 y. 2
v. 1 j. 1
w. 4 q. 1
x. 1 v. 1
y. 2 x. 1
z. 1 z. 1

(I forgot to account for letter case in the Python, so I also didn't do
it in the C).

> Feeb pwned hard by DFS

As always.

FR

Aug 4, 2021, 10:09:38 AM8/4/21
On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 13:59:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

> int main(void)
> {
> char string[] = "this is a string containing all the letters of the
> English alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each
> letter in the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and
> tell us.";
>
> [snip thoroughly dreadful code]

Jeezus fricking christ! Do my eyeballs deceive me? This is the absolute
worst mess that I have ever encountered! In any self-respecting comp sci
class this would receive a grade of "SF," for SERIOUS FAIL.

Here is how a REAL PROGRAMMER would do the job -- in only THREE LINES!!!

It is assumed that case does not matter, but if it did just one or two
more lines could accommodate it.

Only the GIST is presented. You can fill in the non-essential blanks:

char string[] = "this is a string containing all the letters of the \
English alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each \
letter in the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and \
tell us.";

int counts[27];
// may need to initialize to zero

for(int i=0; i<strlen(string); i++) {
counts[string[i] && 0x1F]++;
}

for(i=1; i<=26; i++) {
fprintf(stdout, "Letter: %c Count: %d", i+0x40, counts[i]);
}

That's it. THREE LINES!!! Very simple.

Your post proves that you don't belong here. GTFO.

dfs

Aug 4, 2021, 12:02:24 PM8/4/21
uh oh... you said 'very simple' last time you posted a failed solution.

Guess what's about to happen...

> Your post proves that you don't belong here. GTFO.

$ tcc -Wall feeblettercount.c -o lettercount.exe
$ lettercount
Letter: A Count: 32962Letter: B Count: 0Letter: C Count: 0Letter: D
Count: 0Letter: E Count: 0Letter: F Count: 0Letter: G Count: 0Letter:
H Count: -566357812Letter: I Count: 32761Letter: J Count:
5264752Letter: K Count: 0Letter: L Count: -542160975Letter: M Count:
32761Letter: N Count: 0Letter: O Count: 0Letter: P Count: -1Letter: Q
Count: 0Letter: R Count: -565907296Letter: S Count: 32761Letter: T
Count: 1720704Letter: U Count: 0Letter: V Count: 1706080Letter: W
Count: 0Letter: X Count: 1Letter: Y Count: 0Letter: Z Count: 5258108

$ gcc -Wall feeblettercount.c -o lettercount
$ ./lettercount
Letter: A Count: 201Letter: B Count: 164241708Letter: C Count:
1Letter: D Count: 0Letter: E Count: 0Letter: F Count: 16777216Letter:
G Count: 3Letter: H Count: 1Letter: I Count: 30Letter: J Count:
32768Letter: K Count: 0Letter: L Count: 1579259472Letter: M Count:
32766Letter: N Count: 13Letter: O Count: 0Letter: P Count:
1579259464Letter: Q Count: 32766Letter: R Count: 8388608Letter: S
Count: 0Letter: T Count: 262144Letter: U Count: 0Letter: V Count:
-1553478125Letter: W Count: 32700Letter: X Count: 32768Letter: Y
Count: 0Letter: Z Count: 2048

Good one! Fail Russell strikes again.

Remember: a letter counting program should count the letters.

Not only do you have to count the letters, you have to output them twice:
1) by letter
2) by descending count

I showed you how and you still fucked it up.

Next time you fail, put more effort into it.

Better yet, stay away from programming. You suck at it.

F Russell

Aug 4, 2021, 7:13:58 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:02:20 -0400, dfs wrote:

> Fail Russell strikes again.

Nope. My code works flawlessly.

YOU are the SERIOUS FAIL because you can't even properly
"fill in the blanks." Your attempt to reproduce my infallible code
was a total incompetent disaster.

Stick to Python, with all the retarded schoolgirls.

DFS

Aug 4, 2021, 7:20:12 PM8/4/21
On 8/4/2021 7:13 PM, F Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:02:20 -0400, dfs wrote:
>

>> Fail Russell strikes again.
>>

> Nope. My code works flawlessly.

Your shitcode increments only the count at the 2nd element in your
stupid size 27 array.

int counts[27];
counts[string[i] && 0x1F]++;

result is:
A 200
B 0
C 0
.
Z 0

You don't know what you're doing.

F Russell

Aug 4, 2021, 8:11:54 PM8/4/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 19:20:07 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Your shitcode increments only the count at the 2nd element in your
> stupid size 27 array.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

More proof of your utter incompetence.

I provided an infallible outline. You were to "fill ion the blanks,"
but you are too fucking stupid to do so.

Why don't you beg for help, like a pathetic dog, on comp.lang.c
like you always do. Fucking loser.

MY code is infallible. YOU are a stupid idiot.

Stick to Python on MShit with the rest of the abysmal losers.

DFS

Aug 4, 2021, 8:51:22 PM8/4/21
On 8/4/2021 8:10 PM, F Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 19:20:07 -0400, DFS wrote:
>

>> Your shitcode increments only the count at the 2nd element in your
>> stupid size 27 array.
>>

> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
>
> More proof of your utter incompetence.

int counts[27];
counts[string[i] && 0x1F]++;

Did you hear the alphabet has 26 letters?

heh! What a moron. What a failure.

> I provided an infallible outline.

You provided specific lines of code. They didn't work, of course.

> You were to "fill ion the blanks,"
> but you are too fucking stupid to do so.

Fill in your own blanks, moron.

> Why don't you beg for help, like a pathetic dog, on comp.lang.c
> like you always do. Fucking loser.
>
> MY code is infallible. YOU are a stupid idiot.

Your code is a fiasco, as usual.

I see incompetency issues are bubbling up and making you hysterical.

I was sort of shocked you couldn't write such a simple C program. But
then I remembered what a phony cocksucker you are. Years and years of
bragging and putting everyone down, but virtually zero evidence to
support your outlandish claims.

"computer scientist"

"worldly and seasoned programmer"

"any programming language can be sufficiently mastered for most purposes
in a very short time"

"The only language, the language of REAL MEN, is C."

And after all these years you still can't write 2 working lines of C.
Amazing.

> Stick to Python on MShit with the rest of the abysmal losers.

Here's how ignorant you are about Python:

Feeb: "It would take HOURS for Python code to strip any large body of text."

On my old computer it took 1 second to remove 10 common words from a set
of 2M.

I notice virtually everything you say nowadays is stupid and incorrect.

F Russell

Aug 5, 2021, 6:40:10 AM8/5/21
On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 20:51:17 -0400, DFS wrote:

> Did you hear the alphabet has 26 letters?

The same as the number of brain cells in your head.

> heh! What a moron. What a failure.

Speak for yourself. Your results are WRONG:

> d. 2
> e. 14
> h. 10

The correct count of "d" is 3. The correct count of "e" is 15.
The correct count of "h" is 11.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! What a SUPREME FAIL!

> Fill in your own blanks, moron.

Here is my INFALLIBLE code. Note the SUPREME EFFICIENCY
compared to your bloated and INCORRECT garbage.

russellpower.c
=====================================

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

int main()
{

char string[] = "This is a string containing all the letters of the English alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each letter in the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and tell us.";
int j, counts[27];
size_t i;

for(j=0; j<=26; j++) {counts[j]=0;}
for(i=0; i<strlen(string); i++) {
if((string[i] >= 0x61 && string[i] <= 0x7A) || (string[i] >= 0x41 && string[i] <= 0x5A))
{
counts[string[i] & 0x1F]++;
}
}

for(j=1; j<=26; j++) {
fprintf(stdout, "%c,%d\n", j+0x40, counts[j]);
}

}

Need them sorted? Just do:

./russellpower | sort -t "," -k 2 -g -r

DFS

Aug 5, 2021, 9:46:58 AM8/5/21
On 8/5/2021 6:39 AM, F Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 20:51:17 -0400, DFS wrote:
>

>> Did you hear the alphabet has 26 letters?
>>

> The same as the number of brain cells in your head.
>

>> heh! What a moron. What a failure.
>>

> Speak for yourself. Your results are WRONG:
>

>> d. 2
>> e. 14
>> h. 10
>>

> The correct count of "d" is 3. The correct count of "e" is 15.
> The correct count of "h" is 11.
>
> Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! What a SUPREME FAIL!

You can't code, and you can't count.

original: "this is a string containing all the letters of the English
alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each letter in
the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and tell us.";

sorted by character:

',..:?DEHaaaaaaaaaabbbccccddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeffgggggghhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiijkklllllllllll
mmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooopppqrrrrrrrssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttuuuuvwwwwxyyz

>> Fill in your own blanks, moron.
>>

> Here is my INFALLIBLE code.

uh huh... yesterday's Feeb shitcode was "flawless and infallible" too
(like all the bad code you've posted to cola).

It's moot anyway. You were fired for delivering crap, then lying about it.

You are unemployable as a programmer.

> Note the SUPREME EFFICIENCY
> compared to your bloated and INCORRECT garbage.

It's just an inferior clone of mine. It's less readable and doesn't
achieve what mine did. And it took you untold hours. Give it up.

> russellpower.c
> =====================================
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <string.h>
>
> int main()
> {
>
> char string[] = "This is a string containing all the letters of the English alphabet: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz. How many times is each letter in the string? Don't know, but the program will count them and tell us.";
> int j, counts[27];

There are 26 letters in the alphabet.

> size_t i;
>
> for(j=0; j<=26; j++) {counts[j]=0;}

wtf is all this wastefulness? Declare and initialize:

int counts[27] = {0};

> for(i=0; i<strlen(string); i++) {
> if((string[i] >= 0x61 && string[i] <= 0x7A) || (string[i] >= 0x41 && string[i] <= 0x5A))
> {
> counts[string[i] & 0x1F]++;

Yesterday the 'flawless' shitcode was: counts[string[i] && 0x1F]++;

Why did you change what was 'flawless'... idiot.

> }
> }
> for(j=1; j<=26; j++) {

Starts counting at 1 on a 0-based array of the wrong size?

HOLY MOLY BATMAN! THIS INEFFICIENT IDIOT DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!

> fprintf(stdout, "%c,%d\n", j+0x40, counts[j]);
> }
>
> }

$ tcc -Wall lettercount2.c -o lettercount2.exe
$ lettercount2

A,10
B,3
C,4
D,3
E,15
F,2
G,6
H,11
I,12
J,1
K,2
L,11
M,5
N,13
O,8
P,3
Q,1
R,7
S,10
T,20
U,4
V,1
W,4
X,1
Y,2
Z,1

More invalid results. The counts of D E and H are all 1, and the counts
of the 23 other uppercase letters are all 0.

And where's the descending counts? They're supposed to be right there,
as shown in my op.
> Need them sorted? Just do:
>
> ./russellpower | sort -t "," -k 2 -g -r

T,20
E,15
N,13
I,12
L,11
H,11
S,10
A,10
O,8
R,7
G,6
M,5
W,4
U,4
C,4
P,3
D,3
B,3
Y,2
K,2
F,2
Z,1
X,1
V,1
Q,1
J,1

WTF? I DIDN'T KNOW Z CAME BEFORE J. MY EYES ARE BURNING!

Calling a separate program, and outputting two invalid results in 2
different places? Another Feeb FAIL.

Stay away from C. It's for "REAL MEN".

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Aug 6, 2021, 6:14:34 PM8/6/21
Le 04-08-2021, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> a écrit :

> You don't know what you're doing.

I totally disagree. He knows perfectly well what he's doing: he's
pasting code copied from someone else. Now, if you say he doesn't know
what the code he copied do, I would be able to agree.

Peter Köhlmann

Aug 7, 2021, 4:55:40 PM8/7/21
Am 05.08.21 um 01:13 schrieb F Russell:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2021 12:02:20 -0400, dfs wrote:
>

>> Fail Russell strikes again.
>>

> Nope. My code works flawlessly.

You could not write correct code if it just involves printing "hello world"