Ray Ozzie’s Departure Possibly Related to Decline of PCs and Microsoft’s Inability to Adapt to Mobility

Robin T Cox

Oct 27, 2010, 6:40:25 AM10/27/10
http://techrights.org/2010/10/27/death-of-pc-and-ozzie-quitting/

<quote>
THE news about Ray Ozzie’s departure [1, 2] was not surprising (we predicted
it months ago) but it was massive. He was seen by some people as Steve
Ballmer’s heir, to to speak, his likely successor at Microsoft. Little was
said by Ozzie himself about his departure, but we now have his ‘goodbye
Microsoft’ letter and a ‘doomsday’ memo which IDG says “warns Microsoft of
post-PC days”.

As we showed earlier this month, Microsoft hardly appears in the media
compared to some other companies, mostly ones whose infrastructure is
GNU/Linux based. A decade ago Bill Gates said: “Our most potent Operating
System competitor is Linux and the phenomena around Open Source and free
software.”
</quote>

amicus_curious

Oct 27, 2010, 8:27:43 AM10/27/10

"Robin T Cox" <nom...@nomail.net> wrote in message
> http://techrights.org/2010/10/27/death-of-pc-and-ozzie-quitting/
>
> <quote>... </quote>

Ah, another ray of hope for the "I hope Microsoft just dies!" crowd who just
know that their favorite platform could dominate if only Microsoft would
screw up theirs so that it was even worse than Linux.

Robin T Cox

Oct 27, 2010, 10:33:48 AM10/27/10
amicus_curious wrote:

Rather more than a ray, I think: a Ray. A Ray who knows M$ from the inside
out.