All you political wonks who won't talk about Linux

vallor

Feb 10, 2024, 11:25:40 PMFeb 10
All you political wonks are almost always wrong.

Want to be right for a change? Add an obligatory
Linux paragraph to your posts.

Or don't. After all, who am I to question such
brilliant political discourse?

ObLinux:

man apropos

ObPolitics:

For cola? Maybe Stallman and Wayland bad...
not slobbering over some kind of fscking
Cheeto Benito mobster.

--
-v

DFS

Feb 10, 2024, 11:53:11 PMFeb 10
Bloaty,

Today was National Cream Cheese Brownie Day. Did you have a few?

vallor

Feb 11, 2024, 12:13:02 AMFeb 11
On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:53:11 -0500, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in
<RoYxN.84699$GX69....@fx46.iad>:
I had a Korean burrito made with "Impossible burger" "meat".

Is it your contention that you eat healthier than I do? Because
you don't.

You also forgot about the Linux. (Remember the group? It's
a group about Linux.)

ObLinux:

SC(1) General Commands Manual SC(1)

NAME
sc - spreadsheet calculator

SYNOPSIS
sc [-a] [-c] [-e] [-m] [-n] [-o] [-q] [-r] [-v] [-x]
[-C] [-R] [-P range[/address] | /address] [-W range]
[file...]

DESCRIPTION
The spreadsheet calculator sc is based on rectangular
tables much like a financial spreadsheet.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _
(I once used sc to ask "what if" questions about how many Estes "E"
motors it would take to send 0.5kg from LEO to the Moon.)
--
-v

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 12:20:55 AMFeb 11
vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

>All you political wonks are almost always wrong.

I talk about Linux a lot, and much more in an advocacy sense than you
ever do, but that doesn't mean I'll refrain from off-topic talk.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

%

Feb 11, 2024, 12:36:07 AMFeb 11
it's easier to just click

vallor

Feb 11, 2024, 12:41:58 AMFeb 11
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 00:20:50 -0500, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote in
<38mgsi5nc9uts0v78...@4ax.com>:

> vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:
>
>>All you political wonks are almost always wrong.
>

> I talk about Linux a lot, and much more in an advocacy sense than you
> ever do,

I wouldn't know, I never see your posts except within very
narrow parameters -- and there, I've almost always regretted it.

But paraphrasing Rev. Westley -- we don't have to think alike to
Linux alike.

> but that doesn't mean I'll refrain from off-topic talk.

You snipped the part out of my post where I said if you do,
maybe stick some Linux advocacy in an ObLinux paragraph
in your post.

Or not. Your choice, but think of the Linux famblees.

Consider: Such a paragraph included in these myriad
cross-posted monstrosities would send a message that
here, in cola, the topic is Linux Advocacy -- and that's
what they'll get if they show their face around here
anymore.

This could be the beginning of something big, Joel,
and you could be in on the ground floor.

--
-v

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Feb 11, 2024, 4:37:09 AMFeb 11
Le 11-02-2024, vallor <val...@cultnix.org> a écrit :
> All you political wonks are almost always wrong.

Yes.

> Want to be right for a change? Add an obligatory
> Linux paragraph to your posts.

No.

> Or don't. After all, who am I to question such
> brilliant political discourse?

The purpose is not to question the political crap but to ignore it. If I
see a political message, I skip it. If I have to read it to find the
Linux related paragraph, I won't like it. I prefer having the political
garbage easy to ignore.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2024, 6:24:29 AMFeb 11
% wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
Nah. Either you "j" and "l" to the desired cell, or you lift your mouse hand
(wank hand?), move it to the mouse, move to the desired cell, click, then
move your hand back to the keyboard.

Now you are ready.

--
Try the Moo Shu Pork. It is especially good today.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2024, 6:27:31 AMFeb 11
vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Consider: Such a paragraph included in these myriad
> cross-posted monstrosities would send a message that
> here, in cola, the topic is Linux Advocacy -- and that's
> what they'll get if they show their face around here
> anymore.
>
> This could be the beginning of something big, Joel,
> and you could be in on the ground floor.

Certainly better than to grapple with a Russian firehose of falsehoods
accompanied with the written equivalent of a Gish gallop.

ObLinux:

$ aiksaurus gallop
=== traipse ==================
airing, amble, andante, ankle, barge, bundle, canter, caracole, clop,
constitutional, crawl, creep, dance, dead march, dogtrot, drub, flounce, foot,
footslog, footstep, forced march, fox trot, funeral march, gallop, hike,
hobble, hoof, hop, jaunt, jaywalk, jog, jog on, jog trot, jolt, leg, limp,
lope, lumber, lunge, lurch, march, mince, mush, pace, paddle, parade,
perambulate, plod, prance, promenade, rack, ramble, sashay, saunter, schlep,
scuff, scuffle, scuttle, shamble, sidle, slink, slither, slog, slouch, slow
motion, stagger, stomp, straddle, straggle, stride, stroll, strut, stump,
swagger, toddle, totter, traipse, tramp, trample, tread, troop, trot, trudge,
waddle, walk, wamble, wiggle, wobble

=== hop ======================
ax, bounce, canter, capriole, cavort, gallop, hightail, hop, hotfoot, hurdle,
jete, leap, leapfrog, lope, negotiate, pole vault, pounce, pounce upon,
prance, skip, sprint, start up, steeplechase, step lively, trot, vault

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Feb 11, 2024, 6:27:46 AMFeb 11
Le 11-02-2024, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> a écrit :
> % wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> it's easier to just click
>
> Nah. Either you "j" and "l" to the desired cell, or you lift your mouse hand
> (wank hand?), move it to the mouse, move to the desired cell, click, then
> move your hand back to the keyboard.
>
> Now you are ready.

Easier and faster are not the same.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 7:51:52 AMFeb 11
vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

>I never see your posts except within very
>narrow parameters -- and there, I've almost always regretted it.

Which is exactly why you can shut the fuck up and fuck off, asswipe.

DFS

Feb 11, 2024, 8:10:16 AMFeb 11
On 2/11/2024 12:12 AM, vallor wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2024 23:53:11 -0500, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in
> <RoYxN.84699$GX69....@fx46.iad>:
>
>> On 2/10/2024 11:25 PM, vallor wrote:
>>> All you political wonks are almost always wrong.
>>>
>>> Want to be right for a change? Add an obligatory Linux paragraph to
>>> your posts.
>>>
>>> Or don't. After all, who am I to question such brilliant political
>>> discourse?
>>>
>>> ObLinux:
>>>
>>> man apropos
>>>
>>> ObPolitics:
>>>
>>> For cola? Maybe Stallman and Wayland bad...
>>> not slobbering over some kind of fscking Cheeto Benito mobster.
>>

>> Bloaty,
>>
>> Today was National Cream Cheese Brownie Day. Did you have a few?
>
> I had a Korean burrito made with "Impossible burger" "meat".

From a restaurant?

I eat veggie burgers every couple months (frozen mostly). Not my favorite.

> Is it your contention that you eat healthier than I do? Because
> you don't.

Probably not. What's your height and weight? I'm 6'1" and 215lbs.

> You also forgot about the Linux. (Remember the group? It's
> a group about Linux.)

You're right. Off-topic talk feels like a small violation. But I won't
stop doing it.

> ObLinux:
>
> SC(1) General Commands Manual SC(1)
>
> NAME
> sc - spreadsheet calculator
>
> SYNOPSIS
> sc [-a] [-c] [-e] [-m] [-n] [-o] [-q] [-r] [-v] [-x]
> [-C] [-R] [-P range[/address] | /address] [-W range]
> [file...]
>
> DESCRIPTION
> The spreadsheet calculator sc is based on rectangular
> tables much like a financial spreadsheet.
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> (I once used sc to ask "what if" questions about how many Estes "E"
> motors it would take to send 0.5kg from LEO to the Moon.)

owl (remember him?) was sexually obsessed with sc. It led to his mental
breakdown and incarceration.

DFS

Feb 11, 2024, 8:12:36 AMFeb 11
On 2/11/2024 4:37 AM, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:

> If I
> see a political message, I skip it. If I have to read it to find the
> Linux related paragraph, I won't like it. I prefer having the political
> garbage easy to ignore.

Yes.

%

Feb 11, 2024, 10:05:10 AMFeb 11
Joel wrote:
> vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:
>
>> I never see your posts except within very
>> narrow parameters -- and there, I've almost always regretted it.
>

> Which is exactly why you can shut the fuck up and fuck off, asswipe.

you're such an angry little homo

RonB

Feb 11, 2024, 10:25:41 AMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
> vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Consider: Such a paragraph included in these myriad
>> cross-posted monstrosities would send a message that
>> here, in cola, the topic is Linux Advocacy -- and that's
>> what they'll get if they show their face around here
>> anymore.
>>
>> This could be the beginning of something big, Joel,
>> and you could be in on the ground floor.
>
> Certainly better than to grapple with a Russian firehose of falsehoods
> accompanied with the written equivalent of a Gish gallop.

Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?

I began to think you just put you brain in neutral and swallow whatever
bullshit the MSM feeds you. Facts are definitely NOT your forte. At least
not in the political realm.

> ObLinux:
>
> $ aiksaurus gallop
> === traipse ==================
> airing, amble, andante, ankle, barge, bundle, canter, caracole, clop,
> constitutional, crawl, creep, dance, dead march, dogtrot, drub, flounce, foot,
> footslog, footstep, forced march, fox trot, funeral march, gallop, hike,
> hobble, hoof, hop, jaunt, jaywalk, jog, jog on, jog trot, jolt, leg, limp,
> lope, lumber, lunge, lurch, march, mince, mush, pace, paddle, parade,
> perambulate, plod, prance, promenade, rack, ramble, sashay, saunter, schlep,
> scuff, scuffle, scuttle, shamble, sidle, slink, slither, slog, slouch, slow
> motion, stagger, stomp, straddle, straggle, stride, stroll, strut, stump,
> swagger, toddle, totter, traipse, tramp, trample, tread, troop, trot, trudge,
> waddle, walk, wamble, wiggle, wobble
>
> === hop ======================
> ax, bounce, canter, capriole, cavort, gallop, hightail, hop, hotfoot, hurdle,
> jete, leap, leapfrog, lope, negotiate, pole vault, pounce, pounce upon,
> prance, skip, sprint, start up, steeplechase, step lively, trot, vault

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."

vallor

Feb 11, 2024, 11:43:59 AMFeb 11
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:51:47 -0500, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote in
<amghsitvp5me35p22...@4ax.com>:

> vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:
>
>>I never see your posts except within very narrow parameters -- and
>>there, I've almost always regretted it.
>

> Which is exactly why you can shut the fuck up and fuck off, asswipe.

Between this guy and DFS, cola has the "angsty teenager" market cornered.

My fault for even talking to them.

--
-v

chrisv

Feb 11, 2024, 1:55:29 PMFeb 11
vallor wrote:

>Between this guy and DFS, cola has the "angsty teenager" market cornered.
>
>My fault for even talking to them.

Especially DumFSck. As shitty and worthless a liar as has ever
haunted cola.

--
"I have to wonder why Linux users refuse to pay reasonable amounts for
software they claim is great? Is it a case of being cheap? Broke?

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 2:45:53 PMFeb 11
Do something about it, then, bitch.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 2:46:39 PMFeb 11
vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

>>>I never see your posts except within very narrow parameters -- and
>>>there, I've almost always regretted it.
>>
>> Which is exactly why you can shut the fuck up and fuck off, asswipe.
>
>Between this guy and DFS, cola has the "angsty teenager" market cornered.
>
>My fault for even talking to them.

OK, faggot.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 2:48:04 PMFeb 11
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>"I have to wonder why Linux users refuse to pay reasonable amounts for
>software they claim is great? Is it a case of being cheap? Broke?
>Greedy? All 3? There's no other way to explain it." - some dumb fsck

I've donated to Mint multiple times including since my recent use on
the newer machine, and other FOSS projects.

pothead

Feb 11, 2024, 3:41:31 PMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>>Joel wrote:

>>> Which is exactly why you can shut the fuck up and fuck off, asswipe.
>>>
>>you're such an angry little homo
>

> Do something about it, then, bitch.

So are you a homo?
Asking for a friend.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2024, 3:46:21 PMFeb 11
Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Le 11-02-2024, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> a écrit :
>> % wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> it's easier to just click
>>
>> Nah. Either you "j" and "l" to the desired cell, or you lift your mouse hand
>> (wank hand?), move it to the mouse, move to the desired cell, click, then
>> move your hand back to the keyboard.
>>
>> Now you are ready.
>
> Easier and faster are not the same.

Easier is faster.
Faster is easier.
Once you have learned the easier and faster.

--
You may my glories and my state dispose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 4:18:07 PMFeb 11
pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>So are you a homo?
>Asking for a friend.

I'm bisexual.

pothead

Feb 11, 2024, 4:42:30 PMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
>>So are you a homo?
>>Asking for a friend.
>

> I'm bisexual.

So that means you are half a homo.
Why?
Sounds unstable to my friend.

%

Feb 11, 2024, 4:46:47 PMFeb 11
pothead wrote:
> On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So are you a homo?
>>> Asking for a friend.
>>

>> I'm bisexual.
>>

> So that means you are half a homo.
> Why?
> Sounds unstable to my friend.

i thought only fags said homo

unknown

Feb 11, 2024, 4:49:59 PMFeb 11
In article <uqbf02$14r1t$1...@dont-email.me>,
pot...@snakebite.com says...

> On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
> >
> >>So are you a homo?
> >>Asking for a friend.
> >

> > I'm bisexual.
> >

> So that means you are half a homo.
> Why?
> Sounds unstable to my friend.

Joel sounds a lot like a hershey highway soy boy.
Yuck.

--
Signature provided on request.

%

Feb 11, 2024, 4:52:13 PMFeb 11
he does more than sound like it

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 4:53:07 PMFeb 11
pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>>>So are you a homo?
>>>Asking for a friend.
>>
>> I'm bisexual.
>
>So that means you are half a homo.
>Why?
>Sounds unstable to my friend.

I'm more hetero than homo, but my strongest attraction is to trans
women, as a heterosexual attraction with gay sex features.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 4:55:37 PMFeb 11
unknown <novali...@toss.net> wrote:

>Joel sounds a lot like a hershey highway soy boy.
>Yuck.

Sex is not important to me.

pothead

Feb 11, 2024, 6:31:31 PMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm bisexual.
>>
>>So that means you are half a homo.
>>Why?
>>Sounds unstable to my friend.
>

> I'm more hetero than homo, but my strongest attraction is to trans
> women, as a heterosexual attraction with gay sex features.

There is no such thing as a trans woman.
You are attracted to a man in a dress which makes you a homo.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 6:33:15 PMFeb 11

>>>So that means you are half a homo.
>>>Why?
>>>Sounds unstable to my friend.
>>
>> I'm more hetero than homo, but my strongest attraction is to trans
>> women, as a heterosexual attraction with gay sex features.
>
>There is no such thing as a trans woman.
>You are attracted to a man in a dress which makes you a homo.

OK, TERF.

pothead

Feb 11, 2024, 6:53:54 PMFeb 11
On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm more hetero than homo, but my strongest attraction is to trans
>>> women, as a heterosexual attraction with gay sex features.
>>
>>There is no such thing as a trans woman.
>>You are attracted to a man in a dress which makes you a homo.
>

> OK, TERF.

TERF?
Is that some sort of gender freak code word?
Asking for a friend.

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 6:57:07 PMFeb 11
pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

>>>There is no such thing as a trans woman.
>>>You are attracted to a man in a dress which makes you a homo.
>>
>> OK, TERF.
>
>TERF?
>Is that some sort of gender freak code word?
>Asking for a friend.

Right, it's trans-exclusionary radical feminist. But conservative or
moderate TERFs get called it, too.

Paul Jackson

Feb 11, 2024, 7:21:02 PMFeb 11
On 2/11/2024 3:57 PM, Joel wrote:

>>> OK, TERF.
>>
>> TERF?
>> Is that some sort of gender freak code word?
>> Asking for a friend.
>

> Right, it's trans-exclusionary radical feminist. But conservative or
> moderate TERFs get called it, too.

Why does "pothole"/"Sakran" lie and say he's female? And why does he lie and say
he wasn't posting as "Al Sakran"?

%

Feb 11, 2024, 7:31:23 PMFeb 11
Joel wrote:

>>> OK, TERF.
>>
>> TERF?
>> Is that some sort of gender freak code word?
>> Asking for a friend.
>

> Right, it's trans-exclusionary radical feminist. But conservative or
> moderate TERFs get called it, too.

but you don't care about sex

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 7:36:39 PMFeb 11
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> it's trans-exclusionary radical feminist. But conservative or
>> moderate TERFs get called it, too.
>>
>but you don't care about sex

I care about romance. Sex is just what I would do in its pursuit.

%

Feb 11, 2024, 8:25:21 PMFeb 11
Joel wrote:
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> it's trans-exclusionary radical feminist. But conservative or
>>> moderate TERFs get called it, too.
>>>
>> but you don't care about sex
>

> I care about romance. Sex is just what I would do in its pursuit.

its a shame you snip

chrisv

Feb 11, 2024, 9:22:19 PMFeb 11
Joel wrote:

>>"I have to wonder why Linux users refuse to pay reasonable amounts for
>>software they claim is great? Is it a case of being cheap? Broke?
>>Greedy? All 3? There's no other way to explain it." - some dumb fsck
>
>I've donated to Mint multiple times including since my recent use on
>the newer machine, and other FOSS projects.

Lots of people donate, of course. DumFSck doing what he does best -
being a shitty liar.

--
"Giving it away for free, with the source code, is a schtick. A slimy
schtick at that." - some dumb fsck

Joel

Feb 11, 2024, 9:30:04 PMFeb 11
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>"Giving it away for free, with the source code, is a schtick. A slimy
>schtick at that." - some dumb fsck

You notice how he ran Win10 with Office 2003 on an ancient box
comparable to my old one - talk about "cheap", he trolls a Linux
advocacy group with pro-Win and pro-Office tripe for years, and he
can't even fork out for a new computer until the last second, even as
the current builds of Win10 become grossly overweight for his CPU, and
he neglects to get anything like up-to-date Office.

He's a walking advertisement against commercial software, it's
apparently too costly to stay current on.

rbowman

Feb 12, 2024, 12:40:27 AMFeb 12
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:46:17 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Easier is faster.
> Faster is easier.
> Once you have learned the easier and faster.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

DFS

Feb 12, 2024, 7:30:16 AMFeb 12
On 2/11/2024 9:29 PM, Joel wrote:
> shitv wrote:
>
>> "Giving it away for free, with the source code, is a schtick. A slimy
>> schtick at that." - some dumb fsck
>

> You notice how he ran Win10 with Office 2003 on an ancient box
> comparable to my old one - talk about "cheap", he trolls a Linux
> advocacy group with pro-Win and pro-Office tripe for years, and he
> can't even fork out for a new computer until the last second, even as
> the current builds of Win10 become grossly overweight for his CPU, and
> he neglects to get anything like up-to-date Office.
>
> He's a walking advertisement against commercial software, it's
> apparently too costly to stay current on.

It's easy to babble like that when it's taxpayer money you're spending,
leech.

Utilities, food, insurance and house/auto maintenance takes precedence
over running the latest Windows/Office code that does virtually nothing
more for me.

Win7 and Office 2003 is a great combo that would've take care of me
forever. I did buy Office 2021 because it was cheap but I don't use it.

DFS

Feb 12, 2024, 7:54:54 AMFeb 12
On 2/11/2024 9:22 PM, shitv wrote:
> Joel wrote:
>
>>> "I have to wonder why Linux users refuse to pay reasonable amounts for
>>> software they claim is great? Is it a case of being cheap? Broke?
>>> Greedy? All 3? There's no other way to explain it." - some dumb fsck
>>
>> I've donated to Mint multiple times including since my recent use on
>> the newer machine, and other FOSS projects.
>
> Lots of people donate, of course.

You sure about that?

"Users have downloaded Luna over 2,000,000 times. Around 99.875% of
those users download without paying. Of the tiny 0.125% who do, the most
common payments are the default $10, followed by $1. But again, only a
tiny fraction of one percent of users even decide to pay in the first
place."

Feb 10 2015
http://blog.elementary.io/post/110645528530/payments

And it was worth every $0.00 they paid...

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 12, 2024, 8:10:19 AMFeb 12
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
Haiku very much!

--
You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.

DFS

Feb 12, 2024, 8:15:18 AMFeb 12
On 2/11/2024 9:22 PM, shitv wrote:

> "Giving it away for free, with the source code, is a schtick. A slimy
> schtick at that." - some dumb fsck

I'd like to see the look on your stupid face when the boss calls you
into his office and says "shitv, your time with us has come to an end.
Joe Blow will do your job for free. Security is here to escort you out."

You wouldn't mind, would you, turd?

Governor Swill

Feb 12, 2024, 8:31:21 AMFeb 12
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:57:02 -0500, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>trans-exclusionary radical feminist

<blink>

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Swill
--
"Trump has erased the assumption that credibility is a nice thing to have."
- David Brooks

Not left, not right, https://www.forwardparty.com/

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

RabidPedagog

Feb 12, 2024, 8:55:20 AMFeb 12
On 2024-02-11 10:25 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-11, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>> vallor wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Consider: Such a paragraph included in these myriad
>>> cross-posted monstrosities would send a message that
>>> here, in cola, the topic is Linux Advocacy -- and that's
>>> what they'll get if they show their face around here
>>> anymore.
>>>
>>> This could be the beginning of something big, Joel,
>>> and you could be in on the ground floor.
>>
>> Certainly better than to grapple with a Russian firehose of falsehoods
>> accompanied with the written equivalent of a Gish gallop.
>
> Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
> use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?

I guarantee you that Ahlstrom didn't bother to watch it and merely
relied on accounts from the shills at his "trusted" sources like The
Washington Post and The New York Times. I've looked for errors in what
Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.
He omitted the Holodomor, however it seems that the Russian position is
that the famine was not forced but rather an unfortunate consequence. I
noticed some sort of documentary on it on RT this morning. I'll probably
get around to watching it because I'm starting to feel that there is a
lot more to the story than what our Western sources have provided us.

> I began to think you just put you brain in neutral and swallow whatever
> bullshit the MSM feeds you. Facts are definitely NOT your forte. At least
> not in the political realm.

Talking to Chris Ahlstrom is no different than yelling at the TV while
watching CNN.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RabidPedagog

Feb 12, 2024, 9:10:49 AMFeb 12
On 2024-02-11 3:41 p.m., pothead wrote:
> On 2024-02-11, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:

>>> you're such an angry little homo
>>

>> Do something about it, then, bitch.
>
> So are you a homo?
> Asking for a friend.

Joel makes Dylan Mulvaney seems masculine.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RabidPedagog

Feb 12, 2024, 9:15:35 AMFeb 12
You wouldn't be saying that if you saw a photo of him. Back off or his
120-lb body will come crashing on you when you least expect it.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 9:40:20 AMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
> On 2024-02-11 10:25 a.m., RonB wrote:

>>> Certainly better than to grapple with a Russian firehose of falsehoods
>>> accompanied with the written equivalent of a Gish gallop.
>>
>> Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
>> use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?
>
> I guarantee you that Ahlstrom didn't bother to watch it and merely
> relied on accounts from the shills at his "trusted" sources like The
> Washington Post and The New York Times. I've looked for errors in what
> Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.
> He omitted the Holodomor, however it seems that the Russian position is
> that the famine was not forced but rather an unfortunate consequence. I
> noticed some sort of documentary on it on RT this morning. I'll probably
> get around to watching it because I'm starting to feel that there is a
> lot more to the story than what our Western sources have provided us.

Not being from Russia or Poland, I don't have any first hand experience. But
it looks like Poland and Russia have had a long history of war with one
another. (Still, what the Soviet Union did is not strictly warfare.)

>> I began to think you just put you brain in neutral and swallow whatever
>> bullshit the MSM feeds you. Facts are definitely NOT your forte. At least
>> not in the political realm.
>
> Talking to Chris Ahlstrom is no different than yelling at the TV while
> watching CNN.

That pretty much sums it up. I gave up watching TV a long time ago. Maybe it
would be better for everyone concerned if I put Chris back into my killfile.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."
"It was pride that changed angels into devils..." — St. Augustine

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 9:40:45 AMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
Ugh.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 10:29:34 AMFeb 12
Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>trans-exclusionary radical feminist
>
><blink>
>

>BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

You're some "governor", chump.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 10:36:11 AMFeb 12
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>Joel makes Dylan Mulvaney seems masculine.

My sexuality has no bearing on masculinity, except in phobes' minds,
like your delusional dumb ass.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 10:42:23 AMFeb 12
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>On 2/11/2024 9:29 PM, Joel wrote:
>> chrisv wrote:
>>
>>> "Giving it away for free, with the source code, is a schtick. A slimy
>>> schtick at that." - some dumb fsck
>>
>> You notice how he ran Win10 with Office 2003 on an ancient box
>> comparable to my old one - talk about "cheap", he trolls a Linux
>> advocacy group with pro-Win and pro-Office tripe for years, and he
>> can't even fork out for a new computer until the last second, even as
>> the current builds of Win10 become grossly overweight for his CPU, and
>> he neglects to get anything like up-to-date Office.
>>
>> He's a walking advertisement against commercial software, it's
>> apparently too costly to stay current on.
>
>It's easy to babble like that when it's taxpayer money you're spending,
>leech.

Nice excuse. You're the one who is so against using Linux. I was
happy using it on my old computer, but the COVID payments gave me an
unusual opportunity to build my dream machine with no debt. So I did.
I'm sure you received the payments, too.

>Utilities, food, insurance and house/auto maintenance takes precedence
>over running the latest Windows/Office code that does virtually nothing
>more for me.
>
>Win7 and Office 2003 is a great combo that would've take care of me
>forever. I did buy Office 2021 because it was cheap but I don't use it.

Here is where you really lose me - why are you not using the still
current non-subscription license you paid for, and continuing to use
an ancient version, even as you I think finally did get a new
computer?

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 10:48:11 AMFeb 12
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>You wouldn't be saying that if you saw a photo of him [Joel Crump]. Back off or his
>120-lb body will come crashing on you when you least expect it.

I dare you to prove that true, oh that's right you killfiled me and
still spew that pussy shit, bitch boy. I ain't afraid of you, believe
me, I have more power than you can possibly imagine, white punk.

RabidPedagog

Feb 12, 2024, 12:00:55 PMFeb 12
Well, the Soviet Union did declare war on Poland in 1919 and fought it
until 1921. The objective was to spread the joys of Communism throughout
the European continent but we managed to stop them from infecting
everyone much like we stopped the Muslims from taking Vienna and ruling
Europe.

>>> I began to think you just put you brain in neutral and swallow whatever
>>> bullshit the MSM feeds you. Facts are definitely NOT your forte. At least
>>> not in the political realm.
>>
>> Talking to Chris Ahlstrom is no different than yelling at the TV while
>> watching CNN.
>
> That pretty much sums it up. I gave up watching TV a long time ago. Maybe it
> would be better for everyone concerned if I put Chris back into my killfile.

Already done on my end.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Governor Swill

Feb 12, 2024, 1:44:19 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 10:29:29 -0500, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Governor Swill <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>>trans-exclusionary radical feminist
>>
>><blink>
>>

>>BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
>

>You're some "governor", chump.

Why?

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 1:59:44 PMFeb 12

>>><blink>
>>>

>>>BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>You're some "governor", chump.
>
>Why?

Because you mock people by laughing about the use of TERF. You might
get Ron DeSantis to make you his successor, but that is why his
presidential campaign was DOA. He can't govern outside of FL.

Governor Swill

Feb 12, 2024, 8:10:26 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 13:59:39 -0500, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>You're some "governor", chump.
>>
>>Why?
>

>Because you mock people by laughing about the use of TERF. You might
>get Ron DeSantis to make you his successor, but that is why his
>presidential campaign was DOA. He can't govern outside of FL.

I think it's funny. Get over it.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 8:18:04 PMFeb 12

>>>Why?
>>
>>Because you mock people by laughing about the use of TERF. You might
>>get Ron DeSantis to make you his successor, but that is why his
>>presidential campaign was DOA. He can't govern outside of FL.
>
>I think it's funny. Get over it.

You think it's funny because you are a goofball nerd. Get over
*that*, kiddo.

DFS

Feb 13, 2024, 12:32:11 AMFeb 13
You better believe it, bitch!

DFS

Feb 13, 2024, 12:53:41 AMFeb 13
On 2/11/2024 8:10 AM, DFS wrote:
> On 2/11/2024 12:12 AM, vallor wrote:

>> Is it your contention that you eat healthier than I do?  Because
>> you don't.
>
> Probably not.  What's your height and weight?  I'm 6'1" and 215lbs.

crickets

Looks like that "healthy eating" hasn't paid off. Then you might as
well have 3 churros for breakfast.

Hey paisan, today is National Tortellini Day! Can you polish off 100 of
them?

vallor

Feb 13, 2024, 1:43:24 AMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:53:50 -0500, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in
<AtDyN.322318$PuZ9....@fx11.iad>:

> On 2/11/2024 8:10 AM, DFS wrote:
>> On 2/11/2024 12:12 AM, vallor wrote:
>
>>> Is it your contention that you eat healthier than I do?  Because
>>> you don't.
>>
>> Probably not.  What's your height and weight?  I'm 6'1" and 215lbs.
>

> crickets

That's a pretty hardcore diet, you have me beat.

> Looks like that "healthy eating" hasn't paid off.

No, I'm not going to send you my medical records, stalker.

But I have a question:

Do you have a neck?

ObLinux:

IP(8) Linux IP(8)

NAME
ip - show / manipulate routing, network devices, inter‐
faces and tunnels
[...]
SEE ALSO
ip-address(8), ip-addrlabel(8), ip-ioam(8), ip-l2tp(8),
ip-link(8), ip-maddress(8), ip-monitor(8), ip-mptcp(8),
ip-mroute(8), ip-neighbour(8), ip-netns(8), ip-
ntable(8), ip-route(8), ip-rule(8), ip-tcp_metrics(8),
ip-token(8), ip-tunnel(8), ip-vrf(8), ip-xfrm(8)
IP Command reference ip-cref.ps
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Missing from that list: ip-fou(8).
--
-v

DFS

Feb 13, 2024, 9:01:49 AMFeb 13
On 2/13/2024 1:43 AM, vallor wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:53:50 -0500, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote in
> <AtDyN.322318$PuZ9....@fx11.iad>:

>>> Probably not.  What's your height and weight?  I'm 6'1" and 215lbs.
>>

>> crickets
>
> That's a pretty hardcore diet, you have me beat.

You should try 'em.

>> Looks like that "healthy eating" hasn't paid off.
>
> No, I'm not going to send you my medical records, stalker.

Don't be afraid of reality, Meatloaf.

Are you as wide as you are tall? If so, take solace in Huey Lewis's hit
song: "It's Hip To Be Square!"

Funny you should ask: https://imgur.com/a/govvBfO

> ObLinux:
>
> IP(8) Linux IP(8)
>
> NAME
> ip - show / manipulate routing, network devices, inter‐
> faces and tunnels
> [...]
> SEE ALSO
> ip-address(8), ip-addrlabel(8), ip-ioam(8), ip-l2tp(8),
> ip-link(8), ip-maddress(8), ip-monitor(8), ip-mptcp(8),
> ip-mroute(8), ip-neighbour(8), ip-netns(8), ip-
> ntable(8), ip-route(8), ip-rule(8), ip-tcp_metrics(8),
> ip-token(8), ip-tunnel(8), ip-vrf(8), ip-xfrm(8)
> IP Command reference ip-cref.ps
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>
> Missing from that list: ip-fou(8).

ObLinux:

"The Linux Foundation does not accept panels with only men
participating, in an effort to increase speaker diversity. In addition,
speakers may not all be from the same company. Panel submissions must
include the names of all participants in the initial
submission to be considered. By selecting yes here, I confirm that at
least one of the participants on this proposed panel identifies as
a woman or non-binary."

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/OSFF-NYC-2022-CFP-Form-1.pdf

Does diversity include morbidly obese? Asking for a friend named Bloaty.

-hh

Feb 14, 2024, 5:53:37 PMFeb 14
On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 8:55:20 AM UTC-5, RabidPedagog wrote:
> On 2024-02-11 10:25 a.m., RonB wrote:

> >> Certainly better than to grapple with a Russian firehose of falsehoods
> >> accompanied with the written equivalent of a Gish gallop.
> >
> > Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
> > use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?
>
> I guarantee you that Ahlstrom didn't bother to watch it and merely
> relied on accounts from the shills at his "trusted" sources like The
> Washington Post and The New York Times. I've looked for errors in what
> Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.

Let’s see you provide a written fact-checking report from what you watched.

> He omitted the Holodomor, however it seems that the Russian position is
> that the famine was not forced but rather an unfortunate consequence.

The Holodomor was very much deliberate, as evidenced by how the regions
of greatest shortages was aligned with independence movements. There
is consensus that the cause of the famine was man-made. What been in
dispute is merely if the Holodomor meets the legal definition genocide too.

> I noticed some sort of documentary on it on RT this morning. I'll probably
> get around to watching it because I'm starting to feel that there is a
> lot more to the story than what our Western sources have provided us.

Take notes & post them here. Along with some Linux content too.
For me, I’m looking for suggestions on adding external drives to my
Linux (Synology) NAS.

-hh

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 6:38:06 PMFeb 14
On 2024-02-14 5:53 p.m., -hh wrote:
> On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 8:55:20 AM UTC-5, RabidPedagog wrote:

>>> Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
>>> use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?
>>
>> I guarantee you that Ahlstrom didn't bother to watch it and merely
>> relied on accounts from the shills at his "trusted" sources like The
>> Washington Post and The New York Times. I've looked for errors in what
>> Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.
>
> Let’s see you provide a written fact-checking report from what you watched.

I have no interest in debating reality with you.

>> He omitted the Holodomor, however it seems that the Russian position is
>> that the famine was not forced but rather an unfortunate consequence.
>
> The Holodomor was very much deliberate, as evidenced by how the regions
> of greatest shortages was aligned with independence movements. There
> is consensus that the cause of the famine was man-made. What been in
> dispute is merely if the Holodomor meets the legal definition genocide too.

I mentioned what the Russian position is, I didn't say whether I agreed
with it or not.

>> I noticed some sort of documentary on it on RT this morning. I'll probably
>> get around to watching it because I'm starting to feel that there is a
>> lot more to the story than what our Western sources have provided us.
>
> Take notes & post them here. Along with some Linux content too.
> For me, I’m looking for suggestions on adding external drives to my
> Linux (Synology) NAS.

Exciting stuff, Hugh.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

vallor

Feb 14, 2024, 8:16:44 PMFeb 14
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:38:01 -0500, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote in
<u9czN.324769$Wp_8....@fx17.iad>:
ON TOPIC stuff, Mr. Canadian foreign agent of the Russkis.

--
-v

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 8:19:59 PMFeb 14
Admittedly, I wouldn't fit into the American military. I'm in shape,
muscular and heterosexual. If you're willing to chop your balls off, you
could be a general in the American military, Scott.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

-hh

Feb 14, 2024, 8:44:34 PMFeb 14
Translation: you know you’ll lose. Badly.

> >> The Holodomor was very much deliberate, as evidenced by how the regions
> >> of greatest shortages was aligned with independence movements. There
> >> is consensus that the cause of the famine was man-made. What been in
> >> dispute is merely if the Holodomor meets the legal definition genocide too.
> >
> > I mentioned what the Russian position is, I didn't say whether I agreed
> > with it or not.

Fact check: false! Because you previously said ”I’ve looked for errors in what
Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.”

> >> Take notes & post them here. Along with some Linux content too.
> >> For me, I’m looking for suggestions on adding external drives to my
> >> Linux (Synology) NAS.
> >
> > Exciting stuff, Hugh.
>
> ON TOPIC stuff, Mr. Canadian foreign agent of the Russkis.

Yup, can do that. Been debating which legacy external drive to
repurpose and what disk format to employ. IIRC, I’d tried this a
few years ago on an older Linux NAS and the external kept on
getting corrupted for some reason, so I just bailed on the project.

-hh

rbowman

Feb 14, 2024, 9:20:55 PMFeb 14
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:53:35 -0800 (PST), -hh wrote:

> Take notes & post them here. Along with some Linux content too.
> For me, I’m looking for suggestions on adding external drives to my
> Linux (Synology) NAS.

USB? Plug it in.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 15, 2024, 7:02:13 AMFeb 15
-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 8:55:20 AM UTC-5, RabidPedagog wrote:

>> > Name one Russian falsehood spoken in the Putin interview. Much easier to
>> > use knee-jerk character assassination than to state facts, isn't it?
>>
>> I guarantee you that Ahlstrom didn't bother to watch it and merely
>> relied on accounts from the shills at his "trusted" sources like The
>> Washington Post and The New York Times. I've looked for errors in what
>> Putin said but all of it is verifiable and he's being completely honest.
>
> Let’s see you provide a written fact-checking report from what you watched.

I'll take the word of Masha Gessen, a Russian who writes for the New Yorker,
over Rabid's ravings. She noted that Putin regurgitated his usual litany
of falsehoods.

Also noticed a headline claiming the Putin was surprised to not get many
questions from Tucker during his <laughing> "dialogue".

> Take notes & post them here. Along with some Linux content too.
> For me, I’m looking for suggestions on adding external drives to my
> Linux (Synology) NAS.

Good luck in your search.

--
The surest protection against temptation is cowardice.
-- Mark Twain

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 15, 2024, 7:07:32 AMFeb 15
RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Admittedly, I wouldn't fit into the American military. I'm in shape,
> muscular and heterosexual. If you're willing to chop your balls off, you
> could be a general in the American military, Scott.

What. A. K00k.

I wonder what would happen if this mighty keyboard warrior said that to a
bunch of U.S. Marines.

From Wikipedia:

The United States Department of Defense uses Linux - "the U.S. Army is the
single largest installed base for Red Hat Linux"[32] and the US Navy nuclear
submarine fleet runs on Linux,[33] including their sonar systems.

--
So so is good, very good, very excellent good:
and yet it is not; it is but so so.

RonB

Feb 15, 2024, 7:57:04 AMFeb 15
And these so-called "falsehoods" were... what exactly? Or did she forget to
mention them? I figure it was probably the typical Woke character
assassination — ultra-light on verifiable facts, typical of the MSM
progagandists.

> Also noticed a headline claiming the Putin was surprised to not get many
> questions from Tucker during his <laughing> "dialogue".

I noticed at the end he asked Carlson something like, "Is that all?" "Any
more questions?"

-hh

Feb 15, 2024, 8:35:03 AMFeb 15
On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 7:07:32 AM UTC-5, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
> > Admittedly, I wouldn't fit into the American military. I'm in shape,
> > muscular and heterosexual. If you're willing to chop your balls off, you
> > could be a general in the American military, Scott.
>
> What. A. K00k.
>
> I wonder what would happen if this mighty keyboard warrior said that to
> a bunch of U.S. Marines.

There’s a ton “gym rat” wannabes who can’t even make the grade of
a basic Ruck March…that’s 12 miles in <3 hours with a 35+ lb pack.

What the elite units have learned is that his “bodybuilder” physique are
often the first to wash out .. the lean “Ironman” build is what survives.

Likewise for other military specialties - I once met Carlos Hathcock for a
project and was surprised that he was an even smaller build than mine.

In the meantime, I think the problem I had last time with USB drives attached
to my Linux NAS could have been due to power supply interruptions, so I’m
thinking that this time they should be held up with a UPS that’s also tied into
the NAS such that when there’s a power interruption, the NAS triggers a shutdown.
That way, when the UPS runs dry & the HDDs spin down, they should have been
offline long enough (because NAS turned itself off) to have already been asleep/parked.

-hh

RabidPedagog

Feb 15, 2024, 8:38:56 AMFeb 15
Maybe the took the braver approach and connected a SATA drive to its
connector. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to read how it went.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

-hh

Feb 15, 2024, 8:39:42 AMFeb 15
On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 7:57:04 AM UTC-5, RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-15, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
> > -hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> >> Let’s see you provide a written fact-checking report from what you watched.
> >
> > I'll take the word of Masha Gessen, a Russian who writes for the New Yorker,
> > over Rabid's ravings. She noted that Putin regurgitated his usual litany
> > of falsehoods.
>
> And these so-called "falsehoods" were... what exactly? Or did she forget to
> mention them? I figure it was probably the typical Woke character
> assassination — ultra-light on verifiable facts, typical of the MSM
> progagandists.

Gessen has their one Wiki page … RonB should do some basic research before
knee-jerking to slander a stranger. What a fucking Hypocrite RonB is.

-hh

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 15, 2024, 9:14:00 AMFeb 15
-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 7:57:04 AM UTC-5, RonB wrote:

>> > I'll take the word of Masha Gessen, a Russian who writes for the New Yorker,
>> > over Rabid's ravings. She noted that Putin regurgitated his usual litany
>> > of falsehoods.
>>
>> And these so-called "falsehoods" were... what exactly? Or did she forget to
>> mention them? I figure it was probably the typical Woke character
>> assassination — ultra-light on verifiable facts, typical of the MSM
>> progagandists.
>
> Gessen has their one Wiki page … RonB should do some basic research before
> knee-jerking to slander a stranger.

Oh that page'll reaaallllly get 'em going! :-D

--
Q: Why do firemen wear red suspenders?
A: To conform with departmental regulations concerning uniform dress.

-hh

Feb 15, 2024, 10:14:37 AMFeb 15
On Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 9:14:00 AM UTC-5, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> -hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> >> And these so-called "falsehoods" were... what exactly? Or did she forget to
> >> mention them? I figure it was probably the typical Woke character
> >> assassination — ultra-light on verifiable facts, typical of the MSM
> >> progagandists.
> >
> > Gessen has their one Wiki page … RonB should do some basic research before
> > knee-jerking to slander a stranger.
>
> Oh that page'll reaaallllly get 'em going! :-D

Indeed it will, and their lack of prior comments based on it shows us all
that all of their criticism to date was done without any prior fact-finding.

Merely YA example of how Russian propaganda is so effective on people of tiny brains.

-hh

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 10:42:22 AMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:07:28 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Admittedly, I wouldn't fit into the American military. I'm in shape,
>> muscular and heterosexual. If you're willing to chop your balls off,
>> you could be a general in the American military, Scott.
>
> What. A. K00k.
>
> I wonder what would happen if this mighty keyboard warrior said that to
> a bunch of U.S. Marines.

They might agree. Part of it is due to their traditional recruitment
policies but 75% bail after their first enlistment. They've been trying to
improve the retention rate. The implication is most of the grunts are high
school kids.

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 10:51:28 AMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:02:09 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I'll take the word of Masha Gessen, a Russian who writes for the New
> Yorker,
> over Rabid's ravings. She noted that Putin regurgitated his usual litany
> of falsehoods.

Figures. BTW I think you misgendered them or at least mis-pronouned them
or whatever the fuck.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 15, 2024, 11:15:33 AMFeb 15
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:07:28 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Admittedly, I wouldn't fit into the American military. I'm in shape,
>>> muscular and heterosexual. If you're willing to chop your balls off,
>>> you could be a general in the American military, Scott.
>>
>> What. A. K00k.
>>
>> I wonder what would happen if this mighty keyboard warrior said that to
>> a bunch of U.S. Marines.
>
> They might agree. Part of it is due to their traditional recruitment
> policies but 75% bail after their first enlistment.

We're talking, of course, about those who already made it and would resent the
implication of being sans testes.

> They've been trying to improve the retention rate. The implication is most of
> the grunts are high school kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEgCbC7NsY

"It Makes a Fellow Proud to be a Soldier"

The Army guy on our team got a kick out of it. From Wikipedia:

"Lehrer was drafted into the U.S. Army from 1955 to 1957, working at the
National Security Agency (NSA). Lehrer has stated that he invented the
Jello shot during this time, as a means of circumventing a naval base's ban
on alcoholic beverages. Despite holding a master's degree in an era
when American conscripts often lacked a high school diploma, Lehrer served
as an enlisted soldier, achieving the rank of Specialist Third Class, which
he described as being a "corporal without portfolio". These experiences
became fodder for songs, such as "The Wild West is Where I Want to Be" and
"It Makes a Fellow Proud to Be a Soldier". In 2020 Lehrer publicly
revealed that he had been assigned to the NSA; since the mere fact of the
NSA's existence was classified at the time, Lehrer found himself in the
position of implicitly using nuclear weapons work as a cover story for
something more sensitive."

--
You'll be called to a post requiring ability in handling groups of people.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 15, 2024, 11:19:00 AMFeb 15
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
Yeah, the Wikipedia page is more difficult to read because of it; being a
grammatical kind of guy makes it tough :-(

But they uses the Russian female verb forms I gather.

Heh, there was a guy in our high school who wore a button-up shirt and a tie to
school every day. He ended up working for IBM.

--
Q: How many IBM types does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Fifteen. One to do it, and fourteen to write document number

RabidPedagog

Feb 15, 2024, 1:50:51 PMFeb 15
Back into the bin you go.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Physfitfreak

Feb 15, 2024, 2:43:14 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 7:35 AM, -hh wrote:
> There’s a ton “gym rat” wannabes who can’t even make the grade of
> a basic Ruck March…that’s 12 miles in <3 hours with a 35+ lb pack.

In a way, I used to do something like that once a week for a couple of
years way back in 1980s when I had gained 40 lbs extra weight (lack of
time - intense study and nothing else but eating and sleeping).

I'd walk once around White Rock Lake in Dallas. It was at the least 10
miles considering that the trail had much more meandering to it than the
driveway around it. And with that extra weight, I really felt that in
the last 20 minutes or so. The sight of my car appearing from a distance
around the end of the walk was a sensory pleasure :)

The walking, I did for many years (both alone and with friends), but
about two years of it I was kind of overweight and felt the difference too.

-hh

Feb 15, 2024, 3:01:31 PMFeb 15
Translation: you just shown everyone that you know you’ve lost. Badly.

-hh

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 7:46:16 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:18:55 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Yeah, the Wikipedia page is more difficult to read because of it; being
> a grammatical kind of guy makes it tough :-(

Of all the weird pronouns 'they' is the one I dislike the most. At least
xir and so forth doesn't have an established meaning.

I gathered she is a biological female lesbian married to another female.
I'm sure that goes over big in Russia leading to her animosity. Besides
some of her history sounds like a CIA financed propaganda project.

I take stuff like that with a large grain of salt. After all approximately
one half of the Americans think Biden is a doddering old fool that can't
remember what he had for breakfast. The other half think Trump is a
blowhard rapist.

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 8:13:24 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:15:27 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEgCbC7NsY
>
> "It Makes a Fellow Proud to be a Soldier"

I never could stand him. In the '60s he was sort of an out of touch old
fart. Some more contemporary songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU_ruqnR6Q

'I ain't marching any more'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T9MHFldX1E

'Draft Dodger Rag'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxI94XDdtY

'Fixin-to-Die-Rag'

Unfortunately I missed Woodstock although I lived about 60 miles from the
venue. On the Wednesday before the show I was on a plane heading to the
Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, SC. It sucked massively.

Relf

Feb 16, 2024, 6:06:43 AMFeb 16
rBowman:
> half of the Americans [...] think Trump is a blowhard rapist.

Nothing is more precious to us than our lies.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 8:00:15 AMFeb 16
RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-02-14 8:44 p.m., -hh wrote:
>
>> Translation: you know you’ll lose. Badly.
>
> Back into the bin you go.

Tough guy! :-D

--
Do not sleep in a eucalyptus tree tonight.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 8:07:47 AMFeb 16
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:18:55 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Yeah, the Wikipedia page is more difficult to read because of it; being
>> a grammatical kind of guy makes it tough :-(
>
> Of all the weird pronouns 'they' is the one I dislike the most. At least
> xir and so forth doesn't have an established meaning.
>
> I gathered she is a biological female lesbian married to another female.
> I'm sure that goes over big in Russia leading to her animosity. Besides
> some of her history sounds like a CIA financed propaganda project.

Like the story about Navalny dying in prison?

:-D She got the hell beat of her. And now she's on Russia's "Most Wanted"
list.

> I take stuff like that with a large grain of salt. After all approximately
> one half of the Americans think Biden is a doddering old fool that can't
> remember what he had for breakfast. The other half think Trump is a
> blowhard rapist.

The other half is right. It's also apparent from his "rallies" that
he is sinking rapidly.

As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking, and
his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he didn't stick to
his promise to serve one term.

--
My dear People.
My dear Bagginses and Boffins, and my dear Tooks and Brandybucks,

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 8:17:12 AMFeb 16
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:15:27 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEgCbC7NsY
>>
>> "It Makes a Fellow Proud to be a Soldier"
>
> I never could stand him. In the '60s he was sort of an out of touch old
> fart. Some more contemporary songs:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU_ruqnR6Q
>
> 'I ain't marching any more'

Phil Ochs. Here's his "Love Me I'm a Liberal".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cdqQ2BdgOA

But Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon's is a much more danceable, and slightly
updated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ8ERBr9yKI

Also funny are "Beer Ain't Drinkin'" and "Don Henley Must Die".

> Unfortunately I missed Woodstock although I lived about 60 miles from the
> venue. On the Wednesday before the show I was on a plane heading to the
> Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, SC. It sucked massively.

But you're a better man for it.

--
You will be imprisoned for contributing your time and skill to a bank robbery.

Relf

Feb 16, 2024, 8:26:07 AMFeb 16
Serbs wouldn't bow down to jihadis or girly boys,
so pantyhose wearing generals bombed them to hell & back.

Girly boys love jihadis ( because jihadis torture them to death ).

rbowman

Feb 16, 2024, 1:53:21 PMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 08:07:42 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking,
> and his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he
> didn't stick to his promise to serve one term.

We can agree he always 'misspoke' (lied) but he used to be better at
covering them up. The Democrats' 'It's only a flesh wound' narrative is
collapsing around their ears.

RonB

Feb 16, 2024, 3:03:27 PMFeb 16
On 2024-02-16, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
> rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 11:18:55 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, the Wikipedia page is more difficult to read because of it; being
>>> a grammatical kind of guy makes it tough :-(
>>
>> Of all the weird pronouns 'they' is the one I dislike the most. At least
>> xir and so forth doesn't have an established meaning.
>>
>> I gathered she is a biological female lesbian married to another female.
>> I'm sure that goes over big in Russia leading to her animosity. Besides
>> some of her history sounds like a CIA financed propaganda project.
>
> Like the story about Navalny dying in prison?

People die in prison.

Where are your tears for Gonzalo Lira, an American citizen who was tortured
and died in a Ukrainian prison? Hardly a blip in the MSM.

>:-D She got the hell beat of her. And now she's on Russia's "Most Wanted"
> list.
>
>> I take stuff like that with a large grain of salt. After all approximately
>> one half of the Americans think Biden is a doddering old fool that can't
>> remember what he had for breakfast. The other half think Trump is a
>> blowhard rapist.
>
> The other half is right. It's also apparent from his "rallies" that
> he is sinking rapidly.

I didn't know Biden was having any rallies.

> As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking, and
> his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he didn't stick to
> his promise to serve one term.

Stumble-mumble-bumble Joe.

RonB

Feb 16, 2024, 3:04:49 PMFeb 16
I think Ramaswamy is probably right. They're going to let Biden get the
votes to win the Democrat primary, then move on to someone else at the
convention.

Joel

Feb 16, 2024, 3:36:19 PMFeb 16
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2024-02-16, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>>
>> Navalny dying in prison?
>
>People die in prison.

Uh huh, and Catholicism is descended from Peter, and Biden stole the
election, and what other idiocy do you beLIEve, you fucking dumb old
fart?

>Where are your tears for Gonzalo Lira, an American citizen who was tortured
>and died in a Ukrainian prison? Hardly a blip in the MSM.

Hardly an ounce of *truth* to it I'd wager, is why the "MSM" didn't
blip it, you retarded white piece of shit.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 4:24:14 PMFeb 16
rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

The funny thing is the conventional news concentrates on Biden's gaffes as
somehow special, while ignoring Trump's ravings as "he's just being Trump".

As for the Foxy media...

--
When one burns one's bridges, what a very nice fire it makes.
-- Dylan Thomas

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 4:25:23 PMFeb 16
RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-02-16, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 08:07:42 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>

>>> As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking,
>>> and his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he
>>> didn't stick to his promise to serve one term.
>>
>> We can agree he always 'misspoke' (lied) but he used to be better at
>> covering them up. The Democrats' 'It's only a flesh wound' narrative is
>> collapsing around their ears.
>
> I think Ramaswamy is probably right. They're going to let Biden get the
> votes to win the Democrat primary, then move on to someone else at the
> convention.

That's an interesting idea. Not sure how they could do it without a major
Charlie Foxtrot.

--
Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 16, 2024, 4:32:07 PMFeb 16
RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-02-16, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>> rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Of all the weird pronouns 'they' is the one I dislike the most. At least
>>> xir and so forth doesn't have an established meaning.
>>>
>>> I gathered she is a biological female lesbian married to another female.
>>> I'm sure that goes over big in Russia leading to her animosity. Besides
>>> some of her history sounds like a CIA financed propaganda project.
>>
>> Like the story about Navalny dying in prison?
>
> People die in prison.

And it's quite often due to some kind of deliberate action.

> Where are your tears for Gonzalo Lira, an American citizen who was tortured
> and died in a Ukrainian prison? Hardly a blip in the MSM.

Sounds bad. But whataboutism is not a sound way to evaluate a given
event.

>>:-D She got the hell beat of her. And now she's on Russia's "Most Wanted"
>> list.
>>
>>> I take stuff like that with a large grain of salt. After all approximately
>>> one half of the Americans think Biden is a doddering old fool that can't
>>> remember what he had for breakfast. The other half think Trump is a
>>> blowhard rapist.
>>
>> The other half is right. It's also apparent from his "rallies" that
>> he is sinking rapidly.
>
> I didn't know Biden was having any rallies.

I'm talking about Cheeto's stream-of-unconsciousness entertainment sessions for
people who like that kind of stuff..

>> As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking, and
>> his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he didn't stick to
>> his promise to serve one term.
>
> Stumble-mumble-bumble Joe.

He is apparently pretty sharp in meetings, and quite detail-oriented, if
reports are to be believed..

Still, I always get a kick out his stories about "Corn Pop" :-D

Interestingly, I read an article about how Trump, about ten years ago, was just
as scatterbrained and unintelligible as he is today. Today, he's merely much
darker and vengeful. Again, just some journalist's experience.

--
This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.

RabidPedagog

Feb 16, 2024, 4:35:40 PMFeb 16
There's a certain expression for a professional wrestler whose
interviews were completely incomprehensible. It was coined by the late
Owen Hart and usually applied to blacks: "Great googly-moogly!"

Biden's speeches as "great googly-moogly!"

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

chrisv

Feb 16, 2024, 5:05:40 PMFeb 16
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>As for Biden, he's always had issues with stuttering and misspeaking, and
>his poor gait is a product of spinal arthritis. But too bad he didn't stick to
>his promise to serve one term.

He's obviously senile.

--
"btw, I also recommend Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate." -
some dumb fsck