Feminists trying to frame Linus Torvalds

Slimer

Nov 5, 2015, 9:16:43 AM11/5/15
IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
indication of how credible feminists are.

<http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>

Feminists in tech have been staging attempted “honey traps” to frame
prominent male software developers for sexual assault, according to
explosive claims on the blog of Eric S. Raymond, a pioneer of the open
source movement. In allegations that will rock the world of software
development, prominent targets included Linus Torvalds, creator of the
Linux kernel.

Raymond quoted excerpts from an online chat with a trusted source, who
told him that the Ada Inititiative, a recently-discontinued feminist
advocacy group in tech, was trying to “collect scalps” by concocting
charges of attempted sexual assault against male software developers.

The source told Raymond that the “MO” of the feminists was to “get alone
with the target, and then immediately report attempted sexual assault.”
The source said he had stopped mentoring female developers over fears
that they might fabricate such charges.

In another explosive claim, the source also alleged that Linus Torvalds,
the renowned creator of the Linux kernel, perhaps the most famous
example of open source software, is a top target of the Ada Initiative.
“Linus is never alone at any conference,” claimed the source. “This is
not because he lets fame go to his head and likes having a posse around.
They have made multiple runs at him.”

Raymond, who is a renowned figure in the open source community, strongly
vouched for the trustworthiness of his source, telling readers that he
had been “well-informed and completely trustworthy in the past. He added
that another “regular” on his blog had also been present for the
conversation.

“The short version is: if you are any kind of open-source leader or
senior figure who is male, do not be alone with any female, ever, at a
technical conference,” wrote Raymond on his blog. “Try to avoid even
being alone, ever, because there is a chance that a ‘women in tech’
advocacy group is going to try to collect your scalp.”

Raymond’s blog post, which can be read in full here, goes on to
recommend an attitude of “collective guilt” and “scepticism” towards the
claims of feminists in tech.

‘They have made multiple runs at him.’ Just let the implications of that
sink in for a bit. If my source is to be believed (and I have found him
both well-informed and completely trustworthy in the past) this was not
a series of misunderstandings, it was a deliberately planned and
persistent campaign to frame Linus and feed him to an outrage mob.

Linus hasn’t spoken out about this; I can think of several plausible and
good reasons for that. And the Ada Initiative shut down earlier this
year. Nevertheless, this report is consistent with reports of SJW
dezinformatsiya tactics from elsewhere and I think it would be safest to
assume that they are being replicated by other women-in-tech groups.

(Don’t like that, ladies? Tough. You were just fine with collective
guilt when the shoe was on the other foot. Enjoy your turn!)

I’m going to take my source’s implied advice. And view ‘sexual assault’
claims fitting this MO with extreme skepticism in the future.

If true, these claims will rock the world of software development, not
to mention the wider tech community, which is suffering under the yoke
of diversity campaigners levelling bogus charges of sexism at companies
and individuals and pestering companies to improve their diversity
credentials.

Discontent at the behaviour of feminists in tech has already been
spreading in the open source community thanks to the feminist-led
introduction of controversial codes of conduct for developers on some
open source projects. But these new claims elevate feminists in tech
from the controversial to the potentially criminal.

The claims of Raymond’s source could also provide an explanation for why
so many tech diversity activists, such as the innovation expert Vivek
Wadhwa, and the Puerto Rican software developer Roberto Rosario, have
been mercilessly set upon by tech feminists.

If feminists are trying to frame software developers for sexual assault,
it would be important for them to occupy the chief positions in the
“diversity movement” to ensure the incidents were followed by sufficient
outrage across the movement. Prominent diversity activists who are not
subscribed so such nefarious methods could therefore present a problem.

Despite widespread discussion in the industry of the explosive claims on
Raymond’s blog, and the stature of Raymond within software development,
other tech news outlets – normally champing at the bit to report on
diversity issues – have so far been curiously silent on this story.
Breitbart Tech is, thus far, the exception.

Follow Allum Bokhari @LibertarianBlue on Twitter, and download Milo
Alert! for Android to be kept up to date on his latest articles.

Breitbart Tech is a new vertical from Breitbart News covering tech,
gaming and internet culture. Bookmark breitbart.com/tech and follow
@BreitbartTech on Twitter and Facebook.

--
Slimer

John Gohde

Nov 5, 2015, 9:21:28 AM11/5/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:16:43 AM UTC-5, Slimer wrote:
> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
> much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
> comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
> indication of how credible feminists are.
>
> <http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>
>
> Feminists in tech have been staging attempted "honey traps" to frame
> prominent male software developers for sexual assault, according to
> explosive claims on the blog of Eric S. Raymond, a pioneer of the open
> source movement. In allegations that will rock the world of software
> development, prominent targets included Linus Torvalds, creator of the
> Linux kernel.

Maybe the Amazon Women should simply kill and eat them? Yummy!

Big Fish in a Small Crotch

Nov 5, 2015, 9:34:12 AM11/5/15
On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:16:41 -0500, Slimer wrote:

> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
> much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
> comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
> indication of how credible feminists are.
>
> <http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>

Are they trying to entrap Stallman too?
They must have a real strong stomach for that one.

--
You Ain't The Biggest Fish In The Crotch.

Slimer

Nov 5, 2015, 10:02:43 AM11/5/15
Now a sexual assault case against Stallman would be a lot more
believable. The guy just _looks_ guilty of that sort of thing. I can
imagine him walking around with his pants pulled down asking anything
even remotely female whether they want to donate their hands to the GNob
relief fund.

--
Slimer

Snit

Nov 5, 2015, 12:27:10 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/15, 7:16 AM, in article n1fo81$3d4$1...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
> much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
> comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
> indication of how credible feminists are.
>
> <http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-
> torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>

I would love to see if there is any support for their accusations.

--
* OS X / Linux: What is a file? <http://youtu.be/_dMbXGLW9PI>
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE>

Slimer

Nov 5, 2015, 12:31:02 PM11/5/15
On 2015-11-05 12:26 PM, Snit wrote:
> On 11/5/15, 7:16 AM, in article n1fo81$3d4$1...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:
>
>> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
>> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
>> much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
>> comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
>> indication of how credible feminists are.
>>
>> <http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linus-
>> torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>
>
> I would love to see if there is any support for their accusations.

I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.

Hell, in their view, if a male college student has consensual sex with a
female college student and days later, the female decides that she
wasn't really in the mood, it is rape.

--
Slimer

Snit

Nov 5, 2015, 12:56:54 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/15, 10:31 AM, in article n1g3ke$hs7$4...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2015-11-05 12:26 PM, Snit wrote:
>> On 11/5/15, 7:16 AM, in article n1fo81$3d4$1...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
>> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:
>>
>>> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
>>> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in general
>>> much less women and if any contribute to the work, they do so from the
>>> comfort of their home away from the guy. This should be a strong
>>> indication of how credible feminists are.
>>>
>>> <http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/11/04/feminists-are-trying-to-frame-linu
>>> s-
>>> torvalds-for-sexual-assault-claims-open-source-industry-veteran/>
>>
>> I would love to see if there is any support for their accusations.
>
> I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
> and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
> songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
> don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.

Which feminists? Not sure who you are talking about.

> Hell, in their view, if a male college student has consensual sex with a
> female college student and days later, the female decides that she
> wasn't really in the mood, it is rape.

There are some like that - and I think even laws which say that if a man and
a woman both have a drink or two and then have consensual sex that this
means the man raped the woman. The very law assumes the woman is less
capable than a man... and *some* feminists seem unable to understand why
such laws are absurd.

GreyCloud

Nov 5, 2015, 3:00:33 PM11/5/15
LMFAO!!!
They better like the taste of toe jam too!

--
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old
Indian said, "Only the government would believe that you

GreyCloud

Nov 5, 2015, 3:01:50 PM11/5/15
On 11/05/15 10:56, Snit wrote:
> On 11/5/15, 10:31 AM, in article n1g3ke$hs7$4...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:
>
>> On 2015-11-05 12:26 PM, Snit wrote:

>>> I would love to see if there is any support for their accusations.
>>
>> I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
>> and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
>> songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
>> don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.
>
> Which feminists? Not sure who you are talking about.

Usually, it is the women that are obese and can't get a guy.
So they vent their anger in many different ways.

Snit

Nov 5, 2015, 3:38:34 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/15, 1:01 PM, in article
n5ednU36Gqo2KKbL...@bresnan.com, "GreyCloud" <cum...@mist.com>
wrote:

> On 11/05/15 10:56, Snit wrote:
>> On 11/5/15, 10:31 AM, in article n1g3ke$hs7$4...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
>> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:

>>> I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
>>> and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
>>> songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
>>> don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.
>>
>> Which feminists? Not sure who you are talking about.
>
> Usually, it is the women that are obese and can't get a guy.
> So they vent their anger in many different ways.

Do not get me wrong: I know there are the all-men-are-evil type feminists
and they are insane. But there are also some who want equality for men and
women and just have a focus on women's issues. I have little if any problem
with them.

Steve Carroll

Nov 5, 2015, 3:43:20 PM11/5/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:56:54 AM UTC-7, Snit wrote:
> On 11/5/15, 10:31 AM, in article n1g3ke$hs7$4...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:
>
> > On 2015-11-05 12:26 PM, Snit wrote:

> >> I would love to see if there is any support for their accusations.
> >
> > I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
> > and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
> > songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
> > don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.
>
> Which feminists? Not sure who you are talking about.

Very good, Snit... I've obviously 'taught' you how to behave ;)

> > Hell, in their view, if a male college student has consensual sex with a
> > female college student and days later, the female decides that she
> > wasn't really in the mood, it is rape.
>
> There are some like that - and I think even laws which say that if a man and
> a woman both have a drink or two and then have consensual sex that this
> means the man raped the woman. The very law assumes the woman is less
> capable than a man... and *some* feminists seem unable to understand why
> such laws are absurd.

Unless they're only half there, they generally know they're pulling crap (just like you do when you pull it).

Slimer

Nov 5, 2015, 5:39:58 PM11/5/15
On 2015-11-05 3:01 PM, GreyCloud wrote:
> On 11/05/15 10:56, Snit wrote:
>> On 11/5/15, 10:31 AM, in article n1g3ke$hs7$4...@dont-email.me, "Slimer"
>> <.m@nsn.s> wrote:

>>> I doubt it very strongly. These feminists are desperate for attention
>>> and are even exploiting children no older than 11 into producing rap
>>> songs where they talk about sexual consent. They have no morals and
>>> don't mind accusing innocent people of horrible crimes.
>>
>> Which feminists? Not sure who you are talking about.
>>

> Usually, it is the women that are obese and can't get a guy.
> So they vent their anger in many different ways.

My cousin told me she was a feminist and I replied that she was too
pretty to be one. She agreed.

--
Slimer

RayLopez99

Nov 5, 2015, 10:47:43 PM11/5/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:16:43 PM UTC+8, Slimer wrote:
> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in
> Breitbart Tech is a new vertical from Breitbart News covering tech,
> gaming and internet culture. Bookmark breitbart.com/tech and follow
> @BreitbartTech on Twitter and Facebook.

Interesting story, I once had to do the same thing when I thought a person working for me was trying to claim bogus harassment charges to get workman's comp. I would not be in the same room with her without a witness, until she and I parted ways.

But, another interpretation of this story is that Trovalds is just imagining this stuff, and indeed it's 'gone to his (big) head'.

RL

Snit

Nov 5, 2015, 10:51:47 PM11/5/15
On 11/5/15, 8:47 PM, in article
260ba971-bd6f-41a1...@googlegroups.com, "RayLopez99"
Exactly. We do not know the truth behind it.

Slimer

Nov 6, 2015, 9:10:06 AM11/6/15
I doubt that he's imagining anything. Feminists are some of the most
cowardly, nasty people I have ever seen. They will complain about how
respectful, decent Western men are sexist all the while dressing up with
burqas and niqabs on their heads to show how accepting they are of a
faith which aims to demean them.

--
Slimer

Big Fish in a Small Crotch

Nov 6, 2015, 9:17:27 AM11/6/15
It's pretty much a front for the lesbian movement.
Their goal is to emasculate men. And they are doing a very good job of it.

JEDIDIAH

Nov 6, 2015, 11:00:19 AM11/6/15
On 2015-11-06, RayLopez99 <raylo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 10:16:43 PM UTC+8, Slimer wrote:
>> IMO, this is idiocy. As far as I know, he works alone and does little
>> more than maintain the Linux kernel. He doesn't employ people in

Did you actually read the original screed in question?

There are plenty of opportunities for Linus to be vulnerable.

However, I am not sure how wise it is for anyone to put themselves in
this position as the man's wife is an Olympic class martial artist. She
might not take it well and react in a less than rational fashion.

>> Breitbart Tech is a new vertical from Breitbart News covering tech,
>> gaming and internet culture. Bookmark breitbart.com/tech and follow
>> @BreitbartTech on Twitter and Facebook.
>>

> Interesting story, I once had to do the same thing when I thought a person working for me was trying to claim bogus harassment charges to get workman's comp. I would not be in the same room with her without a witness, until she and I parted ways.
>
> But, another interpretation of this story is that Trovalds is just imagining this stuff, and indeed it's 'gone to his (big) head'.

This is all third hand information. It's hard to know who thinks what.

On the other hand, in this day and age it's not a bad idea to always remain
chaperoned. This is just SOP in some organizations that are sensitive to such
allegations.

When I was back in college, I figured it would just be a matter of time
before we were back to those kinds of standards.

> RL

Slimer

Nov 6, 2015, 11:02:16 AM11/6/15
I constantly have to remind my 13 year-old, impressionable students that
there is no natural law which dictates that they _must_ do what a woman
says and which indicates that a woman is always right. My wife is
absolutely wonderful and smart so obviously, I trust her opinion and
embrace it but most women I meet are ignorant of just about everything
and their opinion is as worthless as their biceps are for lifting heavy
objects. Respecting a woman doesn't mean doing what she says, it means
that you have manners in dealing with her and consider her feelings.
Unfortunately, we've ended up with so many emasculated, effeminate men
that relationships in general are one-sided and women end up being even
more unfaithful than the men they date because, ironically, they are
constantly looking for a guy who will treat them the way men in the 40s,
50s and 60s used to.

--
Slimer

Snit

Nov 6, 2015, 11:33:21 AM11/6/15
On 11/6/15, 8:34 AM, in article slrnn3pi4...@nomad.mishnet,
"JEDIDIAH" <je...@nomad.mishnet> wrote:

>> Interesting story, I once had to do the same thing when I thought a person
>> working for me was trying to claim bogus harassment charges to get workman's
>> comp. I would not be in the same room with her without a witness, until she
>> and I parted ways.
>>
>> But, another interpretation of this story is that Trovalds is just imagining
>> this stuff, and indeed it's 'gone to his (big) head'.
>>
> This is all third hand information. It's hard to know who thinks what.

It is accusations against unknown women for some big plot there is no
evidence for. Might it be true? Perhaps... but no reason to think so.

> On the other hand, in this day and age it's not a bad idea to always remain
> chaperoned. This is just SOP in some organizations that are sensitive to such
> allegations.

I have worked places where there are rules against such things for just this
reason.

> When I was back in college, I figured it would just be a matter of time before
> we were back to those kinds of standards.

DFS

Nov 10, 2015, 9:05:44 AM11/10/15
LOL!