Re: Welcome to freeCodeCamp's curriculum.

Rick Rugby

Jul 17, 2021, 8:34:38 PMJul 17
On 7/17/2021 8:17 PM, Snit wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2021 at 3:37:13 PM MST, "Steve Carroll" wrote
> <scvm2p$sln$3...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>:
>
>> On 2021-07-17, Snit <brock.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> (snip)

>>> Steve Carroll <sciho7$tmg$8...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>:
>>> -----
>>> Quote it or it didn't happen.
>>> -----
>>
>> I did... it's still sitting below.
>
> Your "defense" is you did not understand what you read. OK. Not sure what I
> can do to help you with that, but here, explaining that and the bigger
> context: When you have real world constraints you look at tradeoffs. That does
> not mean the bad parts of the trade off become good.
>
> I get how you humiliated yourself by showing you did not really get concepts
> tied to reloads and absolute / relative links, nor why you might want the page
> address in the link, but please just STOP. I posted all the info you need to
> see where you went wrong:

How the hell do you come to that conclusion snit?
Steve has been wiping the floor with your inexperienced, novice, ass.
You don't know the first thing about web design, program or even
kiddie scripting. In fact you don't even comprehend the basics.
Steve has pointed out your many misinterpretations of the material he
has posted and since he isn't leading you by the nose cookbook style
you are incapable of grasping these simple concepts.

Your only defense is to project your incorrect assumptions, mistakes
and failure to understand simple concepts on to Steve.

You're an idiot snit and unlike you, no, I'm not lashing out and I
don't have any feelings of insecurity. I am simply pointing out your
lies and failure to follow simple instructions, do a little thinking
on your own to fill in the missing pieces and possibly learn something
in the process.

You are either the biggest moron on the planet or you are being
purposely obtuse for the purpose of trolling.
Or maybe a combination of the two.

--
Rick Rugby

Snit

Jul 17, 2021, 9:03:57 PMJul 17
On Jul 17, 2021 at 5:34:34 PM MST, "Rick Rugby" wrote
<scvsur$qfm$1...@dont-email.me>:
Because I understand how tradeoffs exist in the real world. As far as the
links and reloads, I am gonna just copy and paste what I just posted to
Carroll (and fix an error I had in link types 3 and 5... in what I posted to
Carroll I left off the initial "/". Damn. Well, fixed now.

<scvl2e$sln$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
-----
AGAIN: The jump links don't reload, the others do.
<https://wordpress.com/support/menus/>

As shown in the "Table of Contents" section you go "on and on and
on and on" about... the section with "those links" contains:

"Menus in WP Admin"
"Advanced Menu Settings"

Fact: "those links" are not jump links. Only the jump links are
jump links, there's "NOTHING" tricky about this.
-----

First: you keep speaking of "jump links". I assume you are using the term
correctly to mean a link that looks like this "#education". That is one type
of link that does not reload. I am going to break things down into five types
of links for you.

1) Jump Link: "#education"
Reload: no
Take you to another page: no
Take you to another site: no

2) Absolute link with ID:
"https://hildoclump.wordpress.com/hildos-many-issues/#education"
Reload: no (assuming you are on that page!)
Take you to another page: if needed
Take you to another site: if needed

3) Relative link with ID: "/hildos-many-issues/#education"
Reload: no (assuming you are on that page!)
Take you to another page: if needed
Take you to another site: no

You keep saying it is ONLY the jump links (type one) that do not force
reloads, but you have already shown <https://wordpress.com/support/menus/>
where they use Absolute links with an ID and it does not reload (tested on
Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).

Now there are two other types of links which I should add:

4) Malformed Absolute link with ID:
"https://hildoclump.wordpress.com/hildos-many-issues#education"
Reload: yes
Take you to another page: if needed
Take you to another site: if needed

5) Malformed Relative link with ID: "/hildos-many-issues#education"
Reload: yes
Take you to another page: if needed
Take you to another site: no

On my Hildo Clump site I *was* using type 5... a malformed relative link (the
code might have converted it to absolute but as I showed you I did not enter
it that way). You incorrectly thought I had manually entered absolute when I
had entered relative. <https://youtu.be/6M8baHG3vVM>

With this page: <https://wordpress.com/support/menus/> they use type absolute
links with IDs (though in the background they likely only enter relative
links). This is why even without a jump link (just the ID) they do not reload.
As you were shown:

https://youtu.be/bb6qeEhPr7c
https://youtu.be/0Et9BpRxE8k

I have now changed my site from type 5 (malformed relative link with ID) to
type 3 (relative link with ID). And it no longer reloads.

Your nonsense can be tedious, and you have a hard time admitting when you are
wrong, but this is an example where it did end up teaching me something and I
was able to quickly improve my rather silly site. For that I thank you.

Below you go on and on sounding just like a Carroll sock. Regardless, curious
if you understand the above.

> Steve has been wiping the floor with your inexperienced, novice, ass.
> You don't know the first thing about web design, program or even
> kiddie scripting. In fact you don't even comprehend the basics.
> Steve has pointed out your many misinterpretations of the material he
> has posted and since he isn't leading you by the nose cookbook style
> you are incapable of grasping these simple concepts.
>
> Your only defense is to project your incorrect assumptions, mistakes
> and failure to understand simple concepts on to Steve.
>
> You're an idiot snit and unlike you, no, I'm not lashing out and I
> don't have any feelings of insecurity. I am simply pointing out your
> lies and failure to follow simple instructions, do a little thinking
> on your own to fill in the missing pieces and possibly learn something
> in the process.
>
> You are either the biggest moron on the planet or you are being
> purposely obtuse for the purpose of trolling.
> Or maybe a combination of the two.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Steve Carroll

Jul 17, 2021, 11:43:56 PMJul 17

STALKING_TARGET_48

Jul 18, 2021, 1:10:27 AMJul 18
No one here has ever read my program, much less found a bug; still, in
the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "What if this is not my best work?".

You've proven nothing. Show an example of a large business that has
acquired its fortune by not giving a damn about its clients or wares.

--
Puppy Videos
https://search.givewater.com/serp?q=%22functional%20illiterate%20fraud%22

Dustin

Jul 18, 2021, 3:02:27 AMJul 18
F. Russell has yet to show how his moral code does anything above the lowest
common denominator on Linux. This is merely an amusement of F. Russell's.
What I do is certainly more error resistant. Kaspersky was initially coded
and back linked using a bootleg copy of MonoDevelop, in C++.

Wolffan gave back what he gets from F. Russell a bit, big fucking deal.
Why be a blubbering schmuck about it? The only way that I could overlook
NNTP protocol's constant need for fixing because of driver headaches or
badly written standards is if I enjoyed the regular number of pipe dreams
its developers have been pushing since 1997. "Somewhere between 2000 or
2001 I trusted Wolffan - the absolutely angry liar" - F. Russell.

--
I Left My Husband & Daughter At Home And THIS happened!!
https://youtu.be/hYQ4Tg0r0g0

Dustin who does stuff with miceless computers

Jul 18, 2021, 5:11:05 AMJul 18
What did you expect from the lying imbecile? That Wolffan blockhead has
nothing to lose but time. He has nothing else, especially not a job.
Wolffan and the other trolls insist asking for a recommendation for an
RMS-approved application is trolling. Yup. Of course this is what we
have to end. Jerks who obviously have no reason for being here other
than to attack LegionX.

You're like a palm tree in a pineapple patch. We all see you sitting
there and just laugh at you. And you're so ignorant you keep rejecting
it.

-
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about
him. He clearly wants the attention"
Steve Carroll, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

Steve Carrolll - fretwizzer

Jul 18, 2021, 7:19:11 AMJul 18
Golly, what was your first hintadoodle? The ones which claimed it was and
that are clearly using faulty pattern matching to make the judgement, or
was it something else? Please do be definitive. Toasty just has a ton of
completely false allegations and he knows it, so his MO is to repeat his
crap over and over and engage 'posters' (who are either socks or shills)
to 'back' that crap to fluster his audience. Being independent as it is,
bulletin boards will never go away but it'll never be known by the general
public.

That is the problem now and newer students don't care at all; people from
pre-tech generations *should* know better than to fall for the indoctrination
BS.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You!
https://swisscows.com/web?query=%22racist%20swine%22

Rick Rugby

Jul 18, 2021, 8:14:45 AMJul 18
Repeating the same incorrect information multiple times does not in
any way make that information correct nor does it convince whomever
you are trying to convince that you understand this topic.
You clearly do not comprehend the topic so instead of trying to be
right and have the last word in every thread why not study the
material and learn something.

--
Rick Rugby

pothead

Jul 18, 2021, 8:44:16 AMJul 18
My advice is to kill file snit and never reply directly to snit because
you are only encouraging his disease.
Nothing good ever comes from engaging with snit.
Here is what will happen every single time without exception.

"36- George Graves: "Jason. You have started an argument with
the Snit (AKA Michael Glasser), this should not be done. He
will drive you crazy with his twisted logic, his deep-rooted
need to be ALWAYS right at any cost. He will move goalposts,
set up strawmen, and bore you into submission with his endless
pedanticism. The only way to engage him is to hit and run. NEVER
engage him, it's a futile, empty procedure that will only anger
you and feed him. Take my advice and STAY AWAY!" 27 Oct 2004"

This comes from the snitlist link which is in my siggie.
Follow the links to learn about the mentally ill troll who calls
himself snit.

Good luck.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

Dusty Cook

Jul 18, 2021, 8:54:29 AMJul 18
Deplorable Owl must appreciate that anyone can go get Access, right, sicko?
And, of course, anyone can filter his posts, which renders _his_ trolling
impotent, just like Deplorable Owl.
Gremlin Dustin Cook:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=gremlin+dustin+cook>
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=gremlin+dustin+cook>
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gremlin+dustin+cook>

Functionally Illiterate Fraud:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=functionally+illiterate+fraud>
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=functionally+illiterate+fraud>
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=functionally+illiterate+fraud>

Steve Carroll Petruzzellis:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=steve+carroll+petruzzellis>
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=steve+carroll+petruzzellis>
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=steve+carroll+petruzzellis>

Racist Swine:
<https://www.google.com/search?q=racist+swine>
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=racist+swine>
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=racist+swine>
Yup. It seems this is what we have to defeat. Jerks who have no reason for
being here other than to antagonize others.

Are you being transparent on purpose? Only what Deplorable Owl wants matters
to Deplorable Owl. There is nothing you or I can do to change that. It's
a trolling addiction and it is what it is.

--
This broke the Internet!
https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=%22racist%20swine%22

Steve Carroll

Jul 18, 2021, 10:46:57 AMJul 18
He's plainly dishonest, he got called out on it and he's doing the usual
face saving buffoonery learned in Intro to Trolling classes as he strives
to retain what Peeler already has... but it won't work.

Peeler gave back what he gets from chrisv a bit, big f*cking deal. No
need to be a whiny asshole about it?

chrisv gets excited that Peeler is on the other end. Imagine if chrisv
walked up to a chimpanzee and delivered the punch line. It wouldn't be
worth it.

I can not tolerate that. Illiteracy is illiteracy and there are "advocates"
who are OK with it. Too many are even doctors.

Both Peeler and chrisv had their clinkers and their blunders. One presented
it as supernatural and didn't do anything too publicly that could not
be backed with peer reviews. How is a universal consciousness tied to
failed neuron connectivity in any way going to lead to valuable newsgroup
writing?

-
My Snoring Solution!
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20racist%20swine
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=steve%20carroll%20racist%20swine
https://swisscows.com/web?query=steve%20carroll%20%22racist%20swine%22
Dustin Cook the Fraud

Rabid Roach

Jul 18, 2021, 10:59:43 AMJul 18
LOL, looking at your post, it's similar to a priest giving advice on
life to a congregant. First, he gives the advice. Then, he quotes a
passage from the Bible and finally reiterates what's said. We can all
create a sort of Bible for not dealing with Shit based on what people
have said about him.

Peter the Klöwn (3:39): "Converse not with he who was spawned from an
alcoholic fetus for he is no better than dirt of the heated kind."

--
Rabid Roach
John 15:18

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 11:10:05 AMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 5:14:42 AM MST, "Rick Rugby" wrote
<sd15vi$boq$1...@dont-email.me>:

>>> How the hell do you come to that conclusion snit?
>>
>> Because I understand how tradeoffs exist in the real world. As far as the
>> links and reloads, I am gonna just copy and paste what I just posted to
>> Carroll (and fix an error I had in link types 3 and 5... in what I posted to
>> Carroll I left off the initial "/". Damn. Well, fixed now.
>
> Repeating the same incorrect information multiple times does not in
> any way make that information correct nor does it convince whomever
> you are trying to convince that you understand this topic.

I would agree Carroll is wrong to do so.... and it is rather silly for me to
continue to pretend he is responding in good faith. At some level I want to
believe he is... though I find it hard to believe he could be so lost he
thinks:

1) A link like this: "/hildos-many-issues/#education" is an "absolute link" as
he claimed.

2) That somehow a web browser can reload a site from the web even when you do
not see it doing so in the load progress bar, it is not shown in the timeline,
or the computer is not even attached to the web.

Those are the two issues we have been "debating" recently. If anyone can
suggest what I am missing and figure out how he can honestly believe these
things I would love to know -- he clearly is struggling to explain himself and
just keeps repeating.

> You clearly do not comprehend the topic so instead of trying to be
> right and have the last word in every thread why not study the
> material and learn something.

If you think this then by all means back it.

1) Show where "/hildos-many-issues/#education" is considered an "absolute
link"

2) Explain how a web browser reloads a page from the web when you are not even
connected to the 'net. I show the links Carroll says "reload" working fine
even when I am disconnected here: https://youtu.be/nBHrkYsVCvw

If I am missing something I would love to be corrected, but I am fairly
confident I am correct in both areas Carroll and I are disagreeing.

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 11:34:18 AMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 7:59:40 AM MST, "Rabid Roach" wrote
<vlXII.15091$_m.1...@fx05.iad>:
What you cannot do is actually back your attacks using evidence from me.

You and others who troll me tend to run to the same bandwagon fallacy tied to
extreme selection bias and fraud. I tend to prefer logic and evidence.

Rick Rugby

Jul 18, 2021, 11:34:57 AMJul 18
On 7/18/2021 11:10 AM, Snit wrote:

>>> Because I understand how tradeoffs exist in the real world. As far as the
>>> links and reloads, I am gonna just copy and paste what I just posted to
>>> Carroll (and fix an error I had in link types 3 and 5... in what I posted to
>>> Carroll I left off the initial "/". Damn. Well, fixed now.
>>
>> Repeating the same incorrect information multiple times does not in
>> any way make that information correct nor does it convince whomever
>> you are trying to convince that you understand this topic.
>
> I would agree Carroll is wrong to do so....

Stop the projection snit and cut the game playing.
I was referring to you and you, not Steve Carroll and you know that.
Your piss poor reading comprehension coupled with your game playing
fails you once again.

Steve Carroll is correct.
You are incorrect.
Read what Steve wrote, CAREFULLY, this time.
Have your kids explain it to you if you don't see where you are wrong.

This is a perfect example of why people dislike you snit.
You are not only crazy, you are a dishonest troll as well.

I will leave you to your trolling and games because I don't want to
encourage whatever mental issues you are suffering from.
And you ARE suffering from mental issues because it's obvious.

Get help.

--
Rick Rugby

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 11:42:10 AMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 8:34:48 AM MST, "Rick Rugby" wrote
<sd1hmu$19l$1...@dont-email.me>:

> On 7/18/2021 11:10 AM, Snit wrote:

>>> Repeating the same incorrect information multiple times does not in
>>> any way make that information correct nor does it convince whomever
>>> you are trying to convince that you understand this topic.
>>
>> I would agree Carroll is wrong to do so.... and it is rather silly for me to
>> continue to pretend he is responding in good faith. At some level I want to
>> believe he is... though I find it hard to believe he could be so lost he
>> thinks:
>>
>> 1) A link like this: "/hildos-many-issues/#education" is an "absolute link" as
>> he claimed.
>>
>> 2) That somehow a web browser can reload a site from the web even when you do
>> not see it doing so in the load progress bar, it is not shown in the timeline,
>> or the computer is not even attached to the web.
>>
>> Those are the two issues we have been "debating" recently. If anyone can
>> suggest what I am missing and figure out how he can honestly believe these
>> things I would love to know -- he clearly is struggling to explain himself and
>> just keeps repeating.
>>
>>> You clearly do not comprehend the topic so instead of trying to be
>>> right and have the last word in every thread why not study the
>>> material and learn something.
>>
>> If you think this then by all means back it.
>>
>> 1) Show where "/hildos-many-issues/#education" is considered an "absolute
>> link"
>>
>> 2) Explain how a web browser reloads a page from the web when you are not even
>> connected to the 'net. I show the links Carroll says "reload" working fine
>> even when I am disconnected here: https://youtu.be/nBHrkYsVCvw
>>
>> If I am missing something I would love to be corrected, but I am fairly
>> confident I am correct in both areas Carroll and I are disagreeing.

David: I recently privately shared with you the prediction that now that
Carroll has so completely humiliated himself with his attacks and clearly
incorrect technical claims that he would reduce posting and obvious socks,
backing him, would post more.

And here is a fine example of my prediction coming true.

The idea that Carroll is not tied to these socks is very unlikely given how
predictable they are, and how much they are tied to Carroll's "tantrums".

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 11:43:35 AMJul 18
<sd1hmu$19l$1...@dont-email.me>:

> Get help.

I specifically asked you for help. If you think this then by all means back

pothead

Jul 18, 2021, 11:51:42 AMJul 18
That's a good analogy.
Who is Peter the Klöwn ?
I remember a PeterWN or PeterWin who used to post in Linux groups.
Is that who you are referring to?

Rabid Roach

Jul 18, 2021, 12:00:03 PMJul 18
Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.

> I remember a PeterWN or PeterWin who used to post in Linux groups.
> Is that who you are referring to?

I doubt it's the same guy.

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 12:17:11 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 8:59:59 AM MST, "Rabid Roach" wrote
<3eYII.4963$XI4....@fx09.iad>:

>>> LOL, looking at your post, it's similar to a priest giving advice on
>>> life to a congregant. First, he gives the advice. Then, he quotes a
>>> passage from the Bible and finally reiterates what's said. We can all
>>> create a sort of Bible for not dealing with Shit based on what people
>>> have said about him.
>>>
>>> Peter the Klöwn (3:39): "Converse not with he who was spawned from an
>>> alcoholic fetus for he is no better than dirt of the heated kind."
>>
>> That's a good analogy.
>> Who is Peter the Klöwn ?
>
> Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
> grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.

I found it more amusing when he tried to talk tech. :)

pothead

Jul 18, 2021, 2:54:34 PMJul 18
Ok I remember Peter Kohlmann now.

He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.
Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
programmer of some type.

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 2:58:47 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 11:54:31 AM MST, "pothead" wrote
<slrnsf8u77....@localhost.localdomain>:

>>> That's a good analogy.
>>> Who is Peter the Klöwn ?
>>
>> Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
>> grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.
>>
>>> I remember a PeterWN or PeterWin who used to post in Linux groups.
>>> Is that who you are referring to?
>>
>> I doubt it's the same guy.
>
> Ok I remember Peter Kohlmann now.
>
> He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.

Oh, show some of the "best of" examples of him doing so. That would be fun!

> Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
> programmer of some type.

By all means use some of those in your examples.

Assuming you are not just making them up. :)

%

Jul 18, 2021, 3:04:02 PMJul 18
On 2021-07-18 11:58 a.m., Snit wrote:

>>> Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
>>> grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.

>>> I doubt it's the same guy.
>>
>> Ok I remember Peter Kohlmann now.
>>
>> He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.
>
> Oh, show some of the "best of" examples of him doing so. That would be fun!
>
>> Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
>> programmer of some type.
>
> By all means use some of those in your examples.
>
> Assuming you are not just making them up. :)

its just something he saw when he smoked hydroponically grown pot

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 3:56:25 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 12:03:48 PM MST, "%" wrote
<VPOdnb1EdMGG5mn9...@giganews.com>:
Not sure that would be strong enough.

Steve Carroll

Jul 18, 2021, 4:05:20 PMJul 18
On 2021-07-18, pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:

(snip)

>> Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
>> grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.
>>
>>> I remember a PeterWN or PeterWin who used to post in Linux groups.
>>> Is that who you are referring to?
>>
>> I doubt it's the same guy.
>
> Ok I remember Peter Kohlmann now.
>
> He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.
> Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
> programmer of some type.

You'd never see this Monty Python scenario from PK:

Client: I've seen WordPress sites where the most important content
topics are in visible lists, on the right or left of the main section of
a page, I want that.

Snit: Yes, that's called a sidebar, they take up space. You need to
understand that the principles of "practicality and usability" call for
hiding the topic names away from the user's vision. The ultra important
principle of implantation must be considered, as well. This is why you
pay me the big bucks.

Client: But the way you did it the page reloads when you're on that
page. My readers are complaining that the only page on the site with the
most content keeps reloading just to get to the various sections of that
same page. Shouldn't you fix that? Plus, we have a sidebar, all it has
in it is some odd pics. Wouldn't it be better to replace those with
something to do with the content or, at least, put them in there with
the pics?

Snit: Again, you're approaching this from the area of theory, where I
tend to work in the area of practicality and usability. Oh, and
WordPress likely wants more page loads so they can get more ad
impressions. Most importantly, you'll get no actual value from me fixing
this, it's a problem doesn't exist.

Client: But what about my readers, isn't what they want more important
than what wordpress.com wants? Why force them to reload data they
already have? And there is plenty of space in the sidebar, why not use
it?

Snit (after fixing it): OK, it's fixed now.

Client: Wait a minute, what about all you said earlier? If I get no
actual value from a problem that doesn't exist and I toss practicality
and usability over the side in order to do so, why'd you fix it?!

Snit: I never implied, hinted or suggested any of... oh, look at the
squirrel!

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 4:12:23 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 1:05:17 PM MST, "Steve Carroll" wrote
<sd21ht$d47$8...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>:

> On 2021-07-18, pothead <pot...@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
> (snip)
>
>>> Peter Köhlmann. He comes in from time to time to entertain us with his
>>> grumpy, Oscar the Grouch-like behaviour.

>>> I doubt it's the same guy.
>>
>> Ok I remember Peter Kohlmann now.
>>
>> He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.
>> Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
>> programmer of some type.
>
> You'd never see this Monty Python scenario from PK:
>
> Client: I've seen WordPress sites where the most important content
> topics are in visible lists, on the right or left of the main section of
> a page, I want that.
>
> Snit: Yes, that's called a sidebar, they take up space. You need to
> understand that the principles of "practicality and usability" call for
> hiding the topic names away from the user's vision. The ultra important
> principle of implantation must be considered, as well. This is why you
> pay me the big bucks.

Notice you have to make up claims and falsely attribute them to me to try to
push your point.

Meanwhile I made six videos helping you to understand some pretty simple
concepts... still not sure you do:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU_evUKollmjeVN_0nF_u2jRV3S9Nek6l

> Client: But the way you did it the page reloads when you're on that
> page. My readers are complaining that the only page on the site with the
> most content keeps reloading just to get to the various sections of that
> same page. Shouldn't you fix that? Plus, we have a sidebar, all it has
> in it is some odd pics. Wouldn't it be better to replace those with
> something to do with the content or, at least, put them in there with
> the pics?
>
> Snit: Again, you're approaching this from the area of theory, where I
> tend to work in the area of practicality and usability. Oh, and
> WordPress likely wants more page loads so they can get more ad
> impressions. Most importantly, you'll get no actual value from me fixing
> this, it's a problem doesn't exist.
>
> Client: But what about my readers, isn't what they want more important
> than what wordpress.com wants? Why force them to reload data they
> already have? And there is plenty of space in the sidebar, why not use
> it?
>
> Snit (after fixing it): OK, it's fixed now.
>
> Client: Wait a minute, what about all you said earlier? If I get no
> actual value from a problem that doesn't exist and I toss practicality
> and usability over the side in order to do so, why'd you fix it?!
>
> Snit: I never implied, hinted or suggested any of... oh, look at the
> squirrel!

pothead

Jul 18, 2021, 4:14:39 PMJul 18
Absolutely hilarious! And it would be sad if it wasn't true.
No wonder snit couldn't make any money at web design.
A job as a pooper scooper of human waste in San Francisco is far above
snit's capabilities.

I once called that computer shop with a similar name as snit's failed
business and asked them if they were aware of snit and his like named
computer business.

I got an earful.
In fact the person I spoke with talked non stop for about 30 minutes
telling me all about snit and how his shop was making decent money off
clients who initially went to snit and ended up with machines that
worse after snit "fixed" them.
At one point that shop was offering a discount to former snit clients
because the owner felt sorry for these people who got screwed by snit.

It's just another example of snit failing at something.

The stupid fucker can't even manage to drive a car without getting
pulled over by the cops.
Apparently his teens are following in their daddy's footsteps.

The cycle will continue until snit's common law wife kicks his ass to
the curb and breaks the cycle although since the kids are now teens I
suspect it's too late.

Steve Carroll

Jul 18, 2021, 4:24:20 PMJul 18
He's either trolling or insane... I guess it could be both <shrug>.

> No wonder snit couldn't make any money at web design.
> A job as a pooper scooper of human waste in San Francisco is far above
> snit's capabilities.

<https://www.businessinsider.com/san-francisco-poop-patrol-employees-make-184000-a-year-2018-8>

$184k? Do they have members of congress doing it? ;)

> I once called that computer shop with a similar name as snit's failed
> business and asked them if they were aware of snit and his like named
> computer business.
>
> I got an earful.
> In fact the person I spoke with talked non stop for about 30 minutes
> telling me all about snit and how his shop was making decent money off
> clients who initially went to snit and ended up with machines that
> worse after snit "fixed" them.
> At one point that shop was offering a discount to former snit clients
> because the owner felt sorry for these people who got screwed by snit.

Good way to fix the problem.

> It's just another example of snit failing at something.
>
> The stupid fucker can't even manage to drive a car without getting
> pulled over by the cops.
> Apparently his teens are following in their daddy's footsteps.
>
> The cycle will continue until snit's common law wife kicks his ass to
> the curb and breaks the cycle although since the kids are now teens I
> suspect it's too late.

I feel sorriest for them :-(

Steve Carroll

Jul 18, 2021, 4:50:12 PMJul 18
On 2021-07-18, Snit <brock.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

(snip)

>>> He seemed to enjoy making a fool out of snit.
>>> Especially when snit tried to talk tech with Peter who I believe is a
>>> programmer of some type.
>>
>> You'd never see this Monty Python scenario from PK:
>>
>> Client: I've seen WordPress sites where the most important content
>> topics are in visible lists, on the right or left of the main section of
>> a page, I want that.
>>
>> Snit: Yes, that's called a sidebar, they take up space. You need to
>> understand that the principles of "practicality and usability" call for
>> hiding the topic names away from the user's vision. The ultra important
>> principle of implantation must be considered, as well. This is why you
>> pay me the big bucks.
>
> Notice you have to make up claims and falsely attribute them to me to try to
> push your point.

You got me, the part about the "big bucks" is a stretch.

> Meanwhile I made six videos helping you to understand some pretty simple
> concepts... still not sure you do:
>
> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU_evUKollmjeVN_0nF_u2jRV3S9Nek6l

You made six videos to obcure the fact that you wrote all that crap
about me you have... and that you made the comments you did. Here are
some...

You: "A sidebar takes up space."

Me: I should've mentioned the obvious: You *already* have a sidebar,
you're just using in for goofy pics."

You: "The whole site is goofy and sophomoric."

So what was the BS about 'taking up space'? Or the BS about
"practicality and usability"? But there's more about...

"And get no actual value from it... as David told you, there is no noticeable
speed reduction. You are looking for problems where none exist. If speed was a
major concern the bigger place to look would be things like the sizes of the
images, etc.

Oh, and WordPress likely wants more page loads" - Snit

And this...

"You are looking at a hypothetical issue ignoring the actual usability
issues and implantation issues.

This is why you rarely if ever show an actual website or other project
you have completed -- you work in the are of theory, where I tend to
work in the area of practicality and usability. - Snit

*You* made those statements and I don't need videos to 'explain' them.

>> Client: But the way you did it the page reloads when you're on that
>> page. My readers are complaining that the only page on the site with the
>> most content keeps reloading just to get to the various sections of that
>> same page. Shouldn't you fix that? Plus, we have a sidebar, all it has
>> in it is some odd pics. Wouldn't it be better to replace those with
>> something to do with the content or, at least, put them in there with
>> the pics?
>>
>> Snit: Again, you're approaching this from the area of theory, where I
>> tend to work in the area of practicality and usability. Oh, and
>> WordPress likely wants more page loads so they can get more ad
>> impressions. Most importantly, you'll get no actual value from me fixing
>> this, it's a problem doesn't exist.
>>
>> Client: But what about my readers, isn't what they want more important
>> than what wordpress.com wants? Why force them to reload data they
>> already have? And there is plenty of space in the sidebar, why not use
>> it?
>>
>> Snit (after fixing it): OK, it's fixed now.
>>
>> Client: Wait a minute, what about all you said earlier? If I get no
>> actual value from a problem that doesn't exist and I toss practicality
>> and usability over the side in order to do so, why'd you fix it?!
>>
>> Snit: I never implied, hinted or suggested any of... oh, look at the
>> squirrel!

You got me with the part about the squirrel, which is a metaphor, but it
drives home the point. Notably, you didn't address the rest, you can't
because you made those goofy statements. The Client's final question
here tells anyone all they need to know, as the quoted material I just
added above proves.

How do you figure this is a misrepresentation? What, exactly is being
misrepresented? You can't answer that, either, because nothing is.

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 4:54:23 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 1:24:17 PM MST, "Steve Carroll" wrote
<sd22lh$d47$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>:
Nope of your one-sided war... and more evidence of you focusing on my family
and my clients and the like.

Apd disagrees with my noting how often you do this and the obvious reasons why
(your failed marriages and your lack of any real professional life). Oh well.

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 4:56:27 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 1:50:09 PM MST, "Steve Carroll" wrote
<sd2460$7fn$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>:
More of your one-sided war. All to avoid the tech side of what I have been
telling you. You thought links on this page reloaded when they did not:

<https://wordpress.com/support/menus/>

I made this video to help you understand:

<https://youtu.be/bb6qeEhPr7c>

I even tried to give you an "out" and suggested you did not know what page I
was speaking of in the post show. You assured me you did know.

You went on confusing relative and absolute links, and which ones lead to
reloads. I even made a list for you to help you understand.

These do not lead to reloads (if not taking you to another page):

1) Jump Link: "#education"
3) Relative link with ID: "/hildos-many-issues/#education"

These ones do lead to reloads (no slash before the ID):
5) Malformed Relative link with ID: "/hildos-many-issues#education"

I did a lot more to help you catch up:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU_evUKollmjeVN_0nF_u2jRV3S9Nek6l

After you saw the last couple videos there you worked REAL hard to change the
topic. :)

%

Jul 18, 2021, 5:11:00 PMJul 18
On 2021-07-18 12:56 p.m., Snit wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2021 at 12:03:48 PM MST, "%" wrote
> <VPOdnb1EdMGG5mn9...@giganews.com>:
>
>> On 2021-07-18 11:58 a.m., Snit wrote:

>>> Oh, show some of the "best of" examples of him doing so. That would be fun!

>>> By all means use some of those in your examples.
>>>
>>> Assuming you are not just making them up. :)
>>>
>> its just something he saw when he smoked hydroponically grown pot
>
> Not sure that would be strong enough.

well it is

%

Jul 18, 2021, 5:11:37 PMJul 18
look what it did

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 5:42:12 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 2:10:45 PM MST, "%" wrote
<ye2dnTSSGo1BBWn9...@giganews.com>:
Something is!

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 5:42:20 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 2:11:23 PM MST, "%" wrote
<ye2dnTeSGo2cBGn9...@giganews.com>:
Did it?

%

Jul 18, 2021, 6:10:53 PMJul 18
potheads don't need much they have a build up already

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 6:23:26 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 3:10:38 PM MST, "%" wrote
<O7Odnd3ItLZ5O2n9...@giganews.com>:
Especially when they inhale it through old socks.

%

Jul 18, 2021, 6:36:26 PMJul 18
yea ones that are still damp

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 6:37:15 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 3:36:11 PM MST, "%" wrote
<kMednavcm4R_MWn9...@giganews.com>:
And so thin they are transparent.

%

Jul 18, 2021, 9:48:57 PMJul 18
and a big toe whole

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 10:28:27 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 6:48:44 PM MST, "%" wrote
<lOCdndQE8_6fR2n9...@giganews.com>:
A hole in one?

%

Jul 18, 2021, 11:02:12 PMJul 18
and the elastic at the top all stretched out so they don't stay up

Snit

Jul 18, 2021, 11:10:05 PMJul 18
On Jul 18, 2021 at 8:01:58 PM MST, "%" wrote
<2fmdnRpx1aSwdmn9...@giganews.com>:
That's the picture I have.

%

Jul 19, 2021, 12:15:43 AMJul 19
mine is worse so we'll go with yours

Snit

Jul 19, 2021, 12:16:47 AMJul 19
On Jul 18, 2021 at 9:15:29 PM MST, "%" wrote
<Yp-dnYzoje76YWn9...@giganews.com>:
It's technically correct, unlike... some.

%

Jul 19, 2021, 10:22:42 AMJul 19
i don't know anything about technical stuff ,
i'm just in charge of the posting department ,
i have a staff on hand and all i do is say ,
what will be posted , i don't even do the typing

Snit

Jul 19, 2021, 2:27:44 PMJul 19
On Jul 19, 2021 at 7:22:27 AM MST, "%" wrote
<s8udnZVur_I3F2j9...@giganews.com>:
How long is the staff?

%

Jul 22, 2021, 3:48:20 PMJul 22
enough to make music

Snit

Jul 22, 2021, 5:03:19 PMJul 22
On Jul 22, 2021 at 12:47:55 PM MST, "%" wrote
<auadnTRZX4HmVmT9...@giganews.com>:
That could get you into treble.

%

Jul 22, 2021, 5:10:47 PMJul 22
not if i get to the bass of the issue

Snit

Jul 22, 2021, 5:36:18 PMJul 22
On Jul 22, 2021 at 2:10:33 PM MST, "%" wrote
<jLKdndBbhb1SQ2T9...@giganews.com>:
Noteworthy.

%

Jul 22, 2021, 6:20:05 PMJul 22
the beat goes on

Snit

Jul 22, 2021, 6:52:51 PMJul 22
On Jul 22, 2021 at 3:19:51 PM MST, "%" wrote
<I8qdnW_1a7qQcmT9...@giganews.com>:
This is going off the scale.

%

Jul 22, 2021, 7:50:05 PMJul 22
trout don't have scales

Snit

Jul 23, 2021, 1:44:50 AMJul 23
On Jul 22, 2021 at 4:49:51 PM MST, "%" wrote
<cYydnZhLYOG4mWf9...@giganews.com>:
That's why the scales are off.

%

Jul 23, 2021, 9:19:58 AMJul 23
a canadian one dollar coin weighs one gram

Snit

Jul 23, 2021, 2:07:18 PMJul 23
On Jul 23, 2021 at 6:19:43 AM MST, "%" wrote
<Dd-dneueCKJrXGf9...@giganews.com>:
No weigh!