mr. sock

Marek Novotny

May 31, 2017, 9:33:48 PM5/31/17
It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

Scummy

May 31, 2017, 9:45:42 PM5/31/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 20:33:39 -0500, Marek Novotny wrote:

> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

Attacking the messenger noted and filed for future use.
Poor Marek.
How can we help?
If you can't take the heat, and it's obvious that you can't, it's best to
get out of the kitchen.

Scummy

May 31, 2017, 9:48:36 PM5/31/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 20:33:39 -0500, Marek Novotny wrote:

> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

So how's that Macbook you gave to snit doing?
You must be a special kind of retard.

G. Stevens

May 31, 2017, 9:52:34 PM5/31/17
Snit conned Marek. It's hard to believe that Marek Novotny is stupid
enough to fall for the scam snit pulled on him.
On second thought, I take that back. Marek Novotny is just the type of
idiot who falls for scams that normal people find obvious.
His village must be proud of him.

Marek Novotny

May 31, 2017, 10:03:06 PM5/31/17
On 2017-06-01, Marek Novotny <marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:
> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

Oh gosh look who responded and what they talk about. Quite telling.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Snit

May 31, 2017, 10:07:04 PM5/31/17
On 5/31/17, 6:45 PM, in article ognrj0$hcu$2...@dont-email.me, "Scummy"
It is still running great and my wife uses it often... if not daily darn
close. Still VERY thankful to Marek for sending it.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

Snit

May 31, 2017, 10:09:25 PM5/31/17
On 5/31/17, 6:33 PM, in article
coydnfFwUZlu87LE...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

Gee, you figured out he is almost surely someone's sock. Amazing. LOL!

DFS

May 31, 2017, 10:10:41 PM5/31/17
On 5/31/2017 9:33 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups

And how did you do that?

owl

May 31, 2017, 10:23:53 PM5/31/17
xpat will do it, as you know.

Marek Novotny

May 31, 2017, 10:25:16 PM5/31/17
slrn

Snit

May 31, 2017, 10:43:35 PM5/31/17
On 5/31/17, 7:25 PM, in article
m7adndkpTtOb5rLE...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-06-01, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>> On 5/31/2017 9:33 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
>>> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
>>> several groups
>>
>> And how did you do that?
>
> slrn

Someone with a similar name has posted in the past:

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!original/rec.puzzles/urmVh_5GG-s/UJYAN_P1
CdIJ> OR <https://goo.gl/nWqqr0>

------
From: "Septimus G. Stevens, VII"
-----

And other more recent posts from the same person (presumably):

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!activity/rec.puzzles/UJYAN_P1CdIJ>

DFS

May 31, 2017, 11:10:31 PM5/31/17
On 5/31/2017 10:25 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2017-06-01, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>> On 5/31/2017 9:33 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
>>> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
>>> several groups
>>
>> And how did you do that?
>
> slrn

How's the slrn responsiveness when you load 50K messages in a group?

Thunderbird starts to choke on 10K-15K messages in a group (Windows a
bit more than Linux). It becomes slow to sort - especially by subject -
or switch between threaded and non-threaded views.

Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛

May 31, 2017, 11:40:00 PM5/31/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 23:11:57 -0400, LO AND BEHOLD; "DFS
<nos...@dfs.com>" determined that the following was of great importance
and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<FALXA.12764$MI5....@fx41.iad>:
NEWS FLASH: thunderbird is a pile of crap.

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Marek Novotny

May 31, 2017, 11:45:08 PM5/31/17
See for yourself...

I show running 50,000 messages locally, then show 100,000 messages
running on my KVM.

https://youtu.be/uBlFIhyhYaM

DFS

May 31, 2017, 11:52:59 PM5/31/17
I haven't used xpat much. You can specify article numbers?

Marek Novotny

May 31, 2017, 11:57:29 PM5/31/17
If you give me a message-id, regardless if I have historical messages
loaded it will call up that message fairly instantly.

Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛

Jun 1, 2017, 12:13:06 AM6/1/17
On Wed, 31 May 2017 22:57:22 -0500, LO AND BEHOLD; "Marek Novotny
<marek....@marspolar.com>" determined that the following was of
great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<GZCdnfZBwaw_DbLE...@giganews.com>:
that's so surprising. i wonder how they do it?

telnet news.mixmin.net 119
Trying 144.76.182.167...
Connected to news.mixmin.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 news.mixmin.net InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.7.0 (20161130 prerelease) ready (posting ok)
article <GZCdnfZBwaw_DbLE...@giganews.com>
220 0 <GZCdnfZBwaw_DbLE...@giganews.com> article
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: Marek Novotny <marek....@marspolar.com>
Subject: Re: mr. sock
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 22:57:22 -0500

owl

Jun 1, 2017, 12:14:10 AM6/1/17
Yeah, article num range or message-id. Here everything
from earliest article number (2219622) with "from"
header matching *G. Stevens*:

group comp.os.linux.advocacy
211 89543 2219622 2309164 comp.os.linux.advocacy
xpat from 2219622- *G. Stevens*
221 from matches follow (NOV)
2307580 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307587 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307590 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307603 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307614 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307790 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307791 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307793 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307797 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307798 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307800 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307807 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2307906 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2308337 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2308624 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2309082 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2309137 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2309140 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2309141 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
2309146 "G. Stevens" <flopho...@gmail.com>
.
xhdr date 2307580
221 date matches follow (NOV)
2307580 Mon, 22 May 2017 15:58:45 -0400
.
quit
205 .
Connection closed by foreign host.
anon@lowtide:~$

DFS

Jun 1, 2017, 12:48:11 AM6/1/17
On 5/31/2017 11:45 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2017-06-01, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>>> slrn
>>

>> How's the slrn responsiveness when you load 50K messages in a group?
>>
>> Thunderbird starts to choke on 10K-15K messages in a group (Windows a
>> bit more than Linux). It becomes slow to sort - especially by subject -
>> or switch between threaded and non-threaded views.
>
> See for yourself...
>
> I show running 50,000 messages locally, then show 100,000 messages
> running on my KVM.
>
> https://youtu.be/uBlFIhyhYaM

Thanks. Your vids are good, actually.

slrn is zippy, no doubt. The responsiveness with 50K and 100K posts is
impressive. Thunderbird downloads the headers just as fast as slrn, but
after that it's slow. Whereas slrn immediately fills the screen with
data after downloading, Thunderbird waits and waits (probably figuring
out threading). I'm talking a minute or so for just 10K posts.

But I like the point-click GUI of Thunderbird, and on my system it
contains a bunch of idiot-quote lists I keep on you "advocate" morons.
You don't have one - yet :)

Here's how I search 1.35M cola posts for 'Stevens':

* launch my MS Access Usenet app
* choose the Report screen
* click the 'Posts By Name' report
* enter Stevens in a text box
* click Run
* in a few seconds it shows me a list of all 'Stevens', plus their post
count and first/last post dates in the chosen newsgroup

http://imgur.com/a/CZ3yo

Fakey's Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛

Jun 1, 2017, 12:52:06 AM6/1/17
On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 00:48:17 -0400, LO AND BEHOLD; "DFS <nos...@dfs.com>"
determined that the following was of great importance and subsequently
decided to freely share it with us in <ogo63n$t7i$2...@dont-email.me>:
LOL

and i suppose you call that "living"!

Marek Novotny

Jun 1, 2017, 12:55:12 AM6/1/17
On 2017-06-01, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
> On 5/31/2017 11:45 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> How's the slrn responsiveness when you load 50K messages in a group?
>>>
>>> Thunderbird starts to choke on 10K-15K messages in a group (Windows a
>>> bit more than Linux). It becomes slow to sort - especially by subject -
>>> or switch between threaded and non-threaded views.
>>
>> See for yourself...
>>
>> I show running 50,000 messages locally, then show 100,000 messages
>> running on my KVM.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/uBlFIhyhYaM
>
> Thanks. Your vids are good, actually.

Thanks

> slrn is zippy, no doubt. The responsiveness with 50K and 100K posts is
> impressive. Thunderbird downloads the headers just as fast as slrn, but
> after that it's slow. Whereas slrn immediately fills the screen with
> data after downloading, Thunderbird waits and waits (probably figuring
> out threading). I'm talking a minute or so for just 10K posts.

Not a Thunderbird fan at all. Not even for mail. I like mutt and slrn.

> But I like the point-click GUI of Thunderbird, and on my system it
> contains a bunch of idiot-quote lists I keep on you "advocate" morons.
> You don't have one - yet :)

LOL - Give it time...

> Here's how I search 1.35M cola posts for 'Stevens':
>
> * launch my MS Access Usenet app
> * choose the Report screen
> * click the 'Posts By Name' report
> * enter Stevens in a text box
> * click Run
> * in a few seconds it shows me a list of all 'Stevens', plus their post
> count and first/last post dates in the chosen newsgroup
>
> http://imgur.com/a/CZ3yo

As I have always opined, I like what you're doing with the database. I
wish I had time to study a database and perhaps that day will come
sometime, but for now I have other targets I am chasing. But I do find
it *very* interesting. Being able to grab a bunch of data and sort
through it in a meaningful way is a real skill worth having.

William Poaster

Jun 1, 2017, 6:05:05 AM6/1/17
On 1/6/2017 02:33 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marek Novotny posted:

> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

No idea, didn't see it. Must be a sock of troll already in the kf.

--
The troll is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts
and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more:

chrisv

Jun 1, 2017, 8:19:18 AM6/1/17
Marek Novotny wrote:

>It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
>already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
>several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
>of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

It's either flathead, thing, or the colon zealot (aka toilet clog).

--
"I do not nymshift you nasty little..." - nasty little nym-shifter
"Hadron" Quack, lying shamelessly

Silver Slimer

Jun 1, 2017, 9:49:30 AM6/1/17
On 2017-05-31 9:33 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
> already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
> several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
> of them. One wonders where he magically came from....

I have my newsreader set up to filter anything passing through
dizum.com. Does the user in question use that? I haven't seen a single
one of his posts.

--
Silver Slimer
OpenMedia & EFF Member

Death to Islam

Silver Slimer

Jun 1, 2017, 9:50:34 AM6/1/17
Ah, a @gmail.com user. I have all of them except for Taka, RonB and
Steve Carroll binned.

Marek Novotny

Jun 1, 2017, 9:52:54 AM6/1/17
On 2017-06-01, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>>It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
>>already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
>>several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
>>of them. One wonders where he magically came from....
>
> It's either flathead, thing, or the colon zealot (aka toilet clog).

It's just amazing how dumb this idiot is.

William Poaster

Jun 1, 2017, 10:45:05 AM6/1/17
On 1/6/2017 14:52 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marek Novotny posted:

> On 2017-06-01, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>>It is so interesting that G. Stevens popped up here four days ago and
>>>already has opinions about everyone. I checked back 50,000 posts on
>>>several groups and wouldn't you know it, there is no G. Stevens on any
>>>of them. One wonders where he magically came from....
>>
>> It's either flathead, thing, or the colon zealot (aka toilet clog).
>
> It's just amazing how dumb this idiot is.

Nah, not really. He was born like that, & went downhill from there.

Marek Novotny

Jun 1, 2017, 11:00:44 AM6/1/17
On 2017-06-01, William Poaster <w...@dev.null> wrote:
> On 1/6/2017 14:52 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marek Novotny posted:

>>> It's either flathead, thing, or the colon zealot (aka toilet clog).
>>
>> It's just amazing how dumb this idiot is.
>
> Nah, not really. He was born like that, & went downhill from there.

Fell off the stupid tree and hit every single branch on the way down I
guess.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jun 1, 2017, 11:19:54 AM6/1/17
Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
I tried slrn at subscribing to a newsgroup with 50K posts today.
It counted up the headers pretty quickly, but spend a hell of a lot of time
"retrieving additional headers", a number of times. Then it began scoring
them, fairly quickly, killing 195 posts (in a C++ ng!).

I think most of the slowness was due to my NNTP host. Also depends on the
integrity of the route from server to laptop.

The whole time, a rotation dash/slash character indicated progress.

--
Tomorrow, you can be anywhere.

Marek Novotny

Jun 1, 2017, 12:20:20 PM6/1/17
It's very fast for me and even faster if I run it in a data center. I've
done quite large searches, once by accident and I thought oh no, I did
this on a VPS and was very surprised to see it blow past the speed I get
locally with ease. I believe my plan is 120 MBs down or 200Mbs/20mb. Not
sure. But the data centers are all tier one. But I stopped using them
for slrn when I built my own KVM server and just use them for other
purposes.

Snit

Jun 1, 2017, 12:56:05 PM6/1/17
On 6/1/17, 7:40 AM, in article 9kl50e-...@debian.machineone.org,
"William Poaster" <w...@dev.null> wrote:

> On 1/6/2017 14:52 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, Marek Novotny posted:

>>> It's either flathead, thing, or the colon zealot (aka toilet clog).
>>
>> It's just amazing how dumb this idiot is.
>
> Nah, not really. He was born like that, & went downhill from there.

This thread makes it seem likely that it is one of the herd playing victim.
Or one of those who the herd has accepted.

DFS

Jun 3, 2017, 12:28:30 PM6/3/17
SQLite3 is already installed on most Linux distros, so start with it and
python (or bash, which is probably just as easy).

import sqlite3
conn = sqlite3.connect("/m4r3K.sqlite")
db = conn.cursor()
cSQL = " CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS COLAREGS ( "
cSQL += " REGID INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, "
cSQL += " REGNAME TEXT NOT NULL, "
cSQL += " REGDESC TEXT NOT NULL "
cSQL += " );"
db.execute(cSQL)
db.execute("INSERT INTO COLAREGS VALUES (1,'DFS','WinHero');")
db.execute("INSERT INTO COLAREGS VALUES (2,'m4r3K','LinZero');")
db.execute("INSERT INTO COLAREGS VALUES (3,'owl','scZero');")
db.execute("INSERT INTO COLAREGS VALUES (4,'Slimer','LinZero');")
db.execute("INSERT INTO COLAREGS VALUES (5,'Taka','AppleWacky');")
conn.commit()
db.close()
conn.close()
save it as a .py file and run it:
$python filename.py

Now you have a database.

If you run that code twice in succession an error will be thrown. Do
you know or can you guess what the error might be?

> Being able to grab a bunch of data and sort
> through it in a meaningful way is a real skill worth having.

Yes.

SELECT P.UTCDATE, P.MESSAGEID, B.BODY
FROM POST P, POSTER P2, POSTER P2A, POSTBODY B
WHERE P.POSTERID = P2.POSTERID
AND P.REPLY_TO_POSTERID = P2A.POSTERID
AND P.POSTID = B.POSTID
AND P.GROUPID = (SELECT GROUPID FROM NNTP_GROUP WHERE GROUPABBR = 'cola')
AND P2.POSTERNAMEID = (SELECT POSTERNAMEID FROM POSTERNAME WHERE
POSTERNICK = 'm4r3K')
AND P2A.POSTERNAMEID = (SELECT POSTERNAMEID FROM POSTERNAME WHERE
POSTERNICK = 'DFS')
AND (B.BODY LIKE '%loser%' OR B.BODY LIKE '%moron%')
AND B.LINETYPE = 'N'

That's all the times you called me a loser or a moron.

What's cool is I can move ONE letter and get the reverse: all the times
I called you a loser or moron.

heh! It's funny!

Note: mine outnumbers yours 3 to 2 (56 to 36). You need to pick up the
pace :)

Marek Novotny

Jun 3, 2017, 1:02:59 PM6/3/17
I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS. I don't
care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about that
at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking
the integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here
as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is. Sadly, I
think you just want to fight. This is entertainment for you. And in my
opinion that is not a healthy lifestyle. You're as bad as Snit. You're
one in the same. You simply have a different style is all. But you both
need to get a life.

Snit

Jun 3, 2017, 2:05:28 PM6/3/17
On 6/3/17, 10:02 AM, in article
OrGdnc8kO_cgdq_E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

>> That's all the times you called me a loser or a moron.
>>
>> What's cool is I can move ONE letter and get the reverse: all the times
>> I called you a loser or moron.
>>
>> heh! It's funny!
>>
>> Note: mine outnumbers yours 3 to 2 (56 to 36). You need to pick up the
>> pace :)
>
> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
> kept attacking over and over.

You started off civil... and reasonable. But then your ego got hurt. You
have tied your self-worth to desktop Linux and you saw there were things,
even things YOU deemed trivial, which as far as you know desktop Linux
handles poorly.

And this pissed you off. You went on a four month ego-battle bragging about
how you made a VPN script I could not replicate the features of. I did note
ANOTHER way to do much the same, but it had pros and cons (no need to quit
programs but much more resource intensive).

> The ill-will comes from you DFS.

I have not followed that but with you and I it came 100% from you.

> I don't care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about that
> at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking the
> integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here as well
> as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing towards Windows
> and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is. Sadly, I think you just want to
> fight.

Again, cannot say with you and him, but with you and me it was 100% you who
wanted to fight. Even now I would gladly move on without such. But look
below where you are STILL obsessing over your anger with me and my audacity
at merely asking how some things can be done on Linux.

> This is entertainment for you. And in my opinion that is not a healthy
> lifestyle. You're as bad as Snit.

Boom! There it is! Your obsession with me is not over. You cannot let it go.
You just attack and insult. You just proved you are describing yourself with
your need to fight.

> You're one in the same. You simply have a different style is all. But you both
> need to get a life.

See: you cannot just move on... you have to push your battles. You are
projecting your own issues on others.

Chris Ahlstrom

Jun 3, 2017, 2:52:08 PM6/3/17
Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2017-06-03, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>>> On 2017-06-01, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>> <snip>
>
> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.

Yup.

--
Someone is speaking well of you.

DFS

Jun 3, 2017, 4:10:31 PM6/3/17
On 6/3/2017 1:02 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.

I kept attacking Linux-related things over and over, until you called ME
a moron first.

Some of you "advocates" actually think of yourselves as innocent. It's
a joke.

> I don't
> care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about that
> at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking
> the integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here
> as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
> towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.

? If you think fighting over OSes and software is ridiculous you're in
the wrong place.

> Sadly, I think you just want to fight.

No.

> This is entertainment for you.

And education. As I've said many times. As it is for most everyone.

> And in my opinion that is not a healthy lifestyle.

Then you're on your way out:

Reg YTD posts
------------------------- --------
Snit 4584
Marek Novotny 1858
Slimer 1637
Steve Carroll 1551
DFS 1520
owl 1118
Fabian Russell 929
chrisv 734
GreyCloud 673
Peter Kohlmann 620
Sandman 605
Chris Ahlstrom 601
John Gohde 572
RonB 566
Takuya Saitoh 531
Scott Doty 451
Melzzzzz 440
William Poaster 289
Jeff Relf 270
Desk Rabbit 236
-hh 113
------------------------- --------

> You're as bad as Snit. You're
> one in the same. You simply have a different style is all.

Then we're not one and the same.

> But you both need to get a life.

Saint M4r3K gets it wrong again.

$python wordcount.py "Marek Novotny" cola 2017-01-01 2017-06-03
First Post: 2017-01-02
Last Post : 2017-06-03
Post Count: 1858
Word Count: 157657

$python wordcount.py "DFS" cola 2017-01-01 2017-06-03
First Post: 2017-01-02
Last Post : 2017-06-03
Post Count: 1520
Word Count: 127665

You submit significantly more posts AND more words than I do. So where
do you get off drooling that it's I who needs to 'get a life'?

Snit

Jun 3, 2017, 4:25:31 PM6/3/17
On 6/3/17, 1:12 PM, in article ogv4t0$9bt$2...@dont-email.me, "DFS"
<nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

> On 6/3/2017 1:02 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>

>> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
>> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.
>
> I kept attacking Linux-related things over and over, until you called ME
> a moron first.
>
> Some of you "advocates" actually think of yourselves as innocent. It's
> a joke.

I never attacked him at all... I *noted* his ego-battles and how absurd they
were but also spoke highly of his knowledge and generosity in sharing what
he knows and even in sending me a computer. I am STILL very thankful for
that and have noted it multiple times. The system works great and was as he
described. He kept his word on that and was very, very kind.

>> I don't care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about
>> that at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking
>> the integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here as
>> well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing towards
>> Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.
>>
> ? If you think fighting over OSes and software is ridiculous you're in the
> wrong place.

He fights over ego more than he does OSs... and frankly I think both are bad
but his ego battles are worse.

>> Sadly, I think you just want to fight.
>
> No.

He is projecting... he made the same accusation against me.

>> This is entertainment for you.
>
> And education. As I've said many times. As it is for most everyone.

Agreed... entertainment and education. I enjoy the tech side and the
psychology of it.
Of course not... but he is still burning over how I (gasp!) asked how some
tasks could be done on Linux and showed some tasks which even Marek noted
were trivial but for which he could not do well on desktop Linux.

>> But you both need to get a life.
>
> Saint M4r3K gets it wrong again.
>
> $python wordcount.py "Marek Novotny" cola 2017-01-01 2017-06-03
> First Post: 2017-01-02
> Last Post : 2017-06-03
> Post Count: 1858
> Word Count: 157657
>
> $python wordcount.py "DFS" cola 2017-01-01 2017-06-03
> First Post: 2017-01-02
> Last Post : 2017-06-03
> Post Count: 1520
> Word Count: 127665
>
> You submit significantly more posts AND more words than I do. So where
> do you get off drooling that it's I who needs to 'get a life'?

He is just lashing out.

Marek Novotny

Jun 3, 2017, 4:45:59 PM6/3/17
On 2017-06-03, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
> On 6/3/2017 1:02 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>

>> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
>> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.
>
> I kept attacking Linux-related things over and over, until you called ME
> a moron first.
>
> Some of you "advocates" actually think of yourselves as innocent. It's
> a joke.

We're where we should be in Linux groups. You're the troll trying to
justify your actions.

>> I don't
>> care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about that
>> at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking
>> the integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here
>> as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
>> towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.
>
> ? If you think fighting over OSes and software is ridiculous you're in
> the wrong place.

Ah there it is. You're so pathetic and wasted a decade or more of your
life arguing about OS you're all butt-hurt over. :( Get a grip loser.

>> Sadly, I think you just want to fight.
>
> No.

You sure pick a lot of fights for someone who doesn't wish to fight.
Nope. Count all your posts in this group. And then count all my posts in
this group. Forever. Statistics are a bitch eh? BWHAHAHA.

Now, are you counting what I am actually writing or are you counting the
total words in the follow up, retard?

So don't run away like a little dick. Answer my question. How many posts
have you got in here, forever. That shows how much time you've spent in
here vs how much time I've spent in here. Show us the numbers, DooFuS.
You know I pwnd again. So Easy. Don't need a data base to do it either.
Common sense is my ally.

Snit

Jun 3, 2017, 9:08:05 PM6/3/17
On 6/3/17, 1:45 PM, in article
V8CdneJtBLWdva7E...@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek....@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2017-06-03, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>> On 6/3/2017 1:02 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
>>

>>> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
>>> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.
>>
>> I kept attacking Linux-related things over and over, until you called ME
>> a moron first.
>>
>> Some of you "advocates" actually think of yourselves as innocent. It's
>> a joke.
>
> We're where we should be in Linux groups. You're the troll trying to
> justify your actions.

You do not even try to justify your ego-battles... though I will acknowledge
and give you credit for reducing them HEAVILY.

>>> I don't
>>> care that you use a PC or like Windows. I really don't care about that
>>> at all. I only brought up all that malware because you started attacking
>>> the integrity of Linux and posting stupid comments from help forums here
>>> as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
>>> towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.
>>
>> ? If you think fighting over OSes and software is ridiculous you're in
>> the wrong place.
>
> Ah there it is. You're so pathetic and wasted a decade or more of your
> life arguing about OS you're all butt-hurt over. :( Get a grip loser.

You are projecting. Look at your "butt-hurt" nonsense over something as
basic as rotating an image in LO and the competition. You cry and cry and
cry over that. Heck, even having a quick and easy method to get a video of a
spreadsheet changing over time... you whined about that for a long time. And
your whining over PDF annotations, where you made up stories about how
uncommon that is. Just too funny.

>>> Sadly, I think you just want to fight.
>>
>> No.
>
> You sure pick a lot of fights for someone who doesn't wish to fight.

I will grant you pick a lot fewer than you once did... though YOUR comment
in this thread where you spewed insults to get attention was an example of
you seeking to fight just to fight.
Count them "forever"? What? His point went over your head (not that it was
really a great one, but, hey, so be it!)

> Now, are you counting what I am actually writing or are you counting the
> total words in the follow up, retard?

Your using of words mocking the mentally handicapped shows your anger.
Interesting.

> So don't run away like a little dick.

More of your anger showing. Yeah, DFS showed some stats that, frankly, mean
little but you just flipped your lid over it. YOU feel like, in your little
battle, you just lost. Whatever. All of COLA loses when you troll this way.

> Answer my question. How many posts have you got in here, forever. That shows
> how much time you've spent in here vs how much time I've spent in here. Show
> us the numbers, DooFuS. You know I pwnd again. So Easy. Don't need a data base
> to do it either. Common sense is my ally.

And Marek has lost it... just crying and crying and crying that in YEARS of
posts DFS has posted more than he has in a few months. LOL! Utter
desperation on the part of Marek... over a stat that is pretty much of no
value. Marek just knows the stat has been claimed to be "against" him so he
freaked out.

Too funny.

chrisv

Jun 5, 2017, 8:06:59 AM6/5/17
Marek Novotny wrote:

>posting stupid comments from help forums here
>as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
>towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.

This point has been made, in here, countless times. You think a troll
cares?

--
"btw, have you ever witnessed a she-boon in action?" - "DFS"

Snit

Jun 5, 2017, 11:12:51 AM6/5/17
On 6/5/17, 5:06 AM, in article q4iajc5sgi0vjlvib...@4ax.com,
"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> posting stupid comments from help forums here
>> as well as malware. And as I said to you, anyone can do the same thing
>> towards Windows and so I do to show you are ridiculous it is.
>
> This point has been made, in here, countless times. You think a troll
> cares?

Anyone can do that toward Windows... but it is clearly VERY hard to show
videos of desktop Linux doing things the competition cannot do as well. If
it was not hard Marek and Owl and others would be making such videos often.

Lost Carrier

Jun 5, 2017, 9:50:06 PM6/5/17
Insane.
Completely insane.

You need to find a hobby or better yet a job.
What do you do for a living anyway?
Someone posting to cola as much as you do can't possibly be holding down
a formal job.

DFS

Jun 9, 2017, 9:07:57 AM6/9/17
On 6/3/2017 2:43 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>> I actually tried to be civil to you when I first got here but you just
>> kept attacking over and over. The ill-will comes from you DFS.
>
> Yup.

You weenies sure about that?

Yesterday I was minding my own business and got attacked 3x out of the
blue (by m4r3K, Dumbkopf and shitv).

That dumb little backwoods shitass turdv, in particular, always has a
hardon for his Massa.