OT: Beer

rabidPedagog

May 12, 2023, 9:10:10 AM5/12/23
Since it was brought up, I figured I'd ask questions and make
recommendations.

First, I was wondering whether any of you regular drinkers have felt any
kind of physical consequences from drinking mainstream beer. I notice
that in the rare occasion that I do drink alcohol, I will feel nauseous
if I consume something popular from North America like Molson
(Molson-Coors) or Labatt (Anheuser-Busch) whether in minimal or great
quantity. Even smaller, local beers have no such effect. The Polish
beers that I recommend, also don't. Is it perchance the result of
widely-used conservation agents?

As for the recommendations, I recommend Tyskie and to a lesser extent
Zywiec.

--
rabidPedagog
TG: @rabidPedagog

RonB

May 12, 2023, 7:00:32 PM5/12/23
All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink Bud
Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a couple
years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard. The beer industry magazines say
there has never been a shift anything like this in market share in the
history of the beer industry (apparently both Miller Lite and Coors Lite are
each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go broke.

Speaking of woke, Disney shares are down near $90 again. They were up to
nearly $200 a share a few years ago. Go woke, go broke.

And you have the non-woke Mario Brothers movie (from Universal and Nintendo)
at well over $1 billion dollars, now — maybe approaching $1.5 billion before
it's over. Disney's animated studios (and the once super successful Pixar)
can only dream of these kinds of numbers. And they've destroyed the Star
Wars franchise and have about done in the Marvel franchise, as well. Shrewd
moves, Disney. Shrewd moves.

And Fox is now playing second fiddle to MSNBC. Actions have consequences.

--
"Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good."
-- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

-hh

May 12, 2023, 7:28:09 PM5/12/23
On Friday, May 12, 2023 at 7:00:32 PM UTC-4, RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-12, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
> > Since it was brought up, I figured I'd ask questions and make
> > recommendations.
> >
> > First, I was wondering whether any of you regular drinkers have felt any
> > kind of physical consequences from drinking mainstream beer. I notice
> > that in the rare occasion that I do drink alcohol, I will feel nauseous
> > if I consume something popular from North America like Molson
> > (Molson-Coors) or Labatt (Anheuser-Busch) whether in minimal or great
> > quantity. Even smaller, local beers have no such effect. The Polish
> > beers that I recommend, also don't. Is it perchance the result of
> > widely-used conservation agents?
> >
> > As for the recommendations, I recommend Tyskie and to a lesser extent
> > Zywiec.
>
> All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink Bud
> Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a couple
> years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard.

Bud Lite sales might be off, but Anheuser-Busch revenues are up +7% YoY:

< https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/BUD/anheuser-busch/revenue >

Plus their stock is up YoY by +9%.

> The beer industry magazines say
> there has never been a shift anything like this in market share in the
> history of the beer industry (apparently both Miller Lite and Coors Lite are
> each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go broke.

It’s barely been one month. Time will tell.

> Speaking of woke, Disney shares are down near $90 again. They were up to
> nearly $200 a share a few years ago. Go woke, go broke.

Folks are trying to make news of how Disney lost 4M viewers in 1Q23…
..but don’t mention that its from a broadcast contract ending for showing cricket in India.

> And Fox is now playing second fiddle to MSNBC. Actions have consequences.

$787M judgement on Fox .. and counting: there was yet another lawsuit filed against them this week.

-hh

rabidPedagog

May 12, 2023, 7:51:49 PM5/12/23
Even years ago, I was telling my wife that the only personalities I can
watch there are Tucker and Gutfeld. However, without the former, there
is no reason to subscribe for the latter. It's been clear to me for a
while that Hannity has no pair of balls, but his show is boring as Hell
regardless. Every night is exactly the same, with an appearance from the
equally-useless Lindsay Graham. I like Gutfeld because he sounds like
the kind of guy you'd enjoy hanging out and having a beer with. Still, I
only rely on independent news for my information (Le Devoir newspaper in
Montreal, and Rebel News for stories ignored by the other media). I feel
that if it's on TV, it's either a direct lie or one by omission.

As for what Disney has produced, I don't even know. They have a black
mermaid from what I can see, but I didn't even see the original so I
can't say much about the remake. All I know is that I was forced to go
see the Beauty and the Beast remake a few years ago by my wife (she grew
up with the original), and I remember very well how the end's dance
scene made sure to have a white person dancing with a black person. It
was pathetic to watch how hopelessly woke they had become. I can only
imagine who those losers will blame when they're fired for destroying
the company, the same way the people responsible for the Bud Light /
Dylan Mulvaney story seem to be.

--
rabidPedagog
TG: @rabidPedagog

rbowman

May 12, 2023, 9:12:51 PM5/12/23
On Fri, 12 May 2023 22:58:44 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink Bud
> Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a couple
> years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard. The beer industry magazines
> say there has never been a shift anything like this in market share in
> the history of the beer industry (apparently both Miller Lite and Coors
> Lite are each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go broke.

I stopped drinking beer before Bud Light even hit the market. However,
there was this squirrel piss:

https://theanalogage.blogspot.com/2015/04/who-was-man-on-gablingers-can-
or-real.html

Rheingold on tap was one of my favorites but Gablingers's really sucked.

rbowman

May 12, 2023, 9:27:12 PM5/12/23
The Bud Light advertising campaign may be incorporated into business
school curricula as how not to do things.

1. Put someone who is a caricature of a woman on the label. Piss off the
macho crowd. Maybe piss off some women although they are a minority share
in the market.

2. Make remarks about the 'fratty' associations. Piss off the people who
were never closed to a fraternity than watching 'Animal House'.

3. Fire the perpetrator and attempt to walk back the campaign, pissing off
the LGBTQ++ crowd.

One hopes what's-her-face gets a job promoting Girl Scout cookie sales or
something within her ability.

I've only seen brief clips of Mulvaney but they were such an over the top
parody of women I thought it was a joke. AB would have done better to put
Chelsea Manning on the can.

RonB

May 13, 2023, 3:08:35 AM5/13/23
On 2023-05-12, -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
> On Friday, May 12, 2023 at 7:00:32 PM UTC-4, RonB wrote:
>> On 2023-05-12, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>> > Since it was brought up, I figured I'd ask questions and make
>> > recommendations.
>> >
>> > First, I was wondering whether any of you regular drinkers have felt any
>> > kind of physical consequences from drinking mainstream beer. I notice
>> > that in the rare occasion that I do drink alcohol, I will feel nauseous
>> > if I consume something popular from North America like Molson
>> > (Molson-Coors) or Labatt (Anheuser-Busch) whether in minimal or great
>> > quantity. Even smaller, local beers have no such effect. The Polish
>> > beers that I recommend, also don't. Is it perchance the result of
>> > widely-used conservation agents?
>> >
>> > As for the recommendations, I recommend Tyskie and to a lesser extent
>> > Zywiec.
>>
>> All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink Bud
>> Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a couple
>> years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard.
>
> Bud Lite sales might be off, but Anheuser-Busch revenues are up +7% YoY:

Market share is what they're looking for and it's down.

>< https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/BUD/anheuser-busch/revenue >
>
> Plus their stock is up YoY by +9%.

Down 9% since the Mulvaney "promo." Oops.

>> The beer industry magazines say
>> there has never been a shift anything like this in market share in the
>> history of the beer industry (apparently both Miller Lite and Coors Lite are
>> each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go broke.
>
> It’s barely been one month. Time will tell.

Don't get your hopes up.

>> Speaking of woke, Disney shares are down near $90 again. They were up to
>> nearly $200 a share a few years ago. Go woke, go broke.
>
> Folks are trying to make news of how Disney lost 4M viewers in 1Q23…
> ..but don’t mention that its from a broadcast contract ending for showing cricket in India.

Probably comparing their woke animated disasters to Universal's animated
successes.

>> And Fox is now playing second fiddle to MSNBC. Actions have consequences.
>
> $787M judgement on Fox .. and counting: there was yet another lawsuit filed against them this week.

So it was really "good" time to get of their biggest money maker, eh?

RonB

May 13, 2023, 3:27:43 AM5/13/23
Hannity is a neo-CON who's a narcicist — constantly yammering on about
himself. I'm not a fan of Gutfeld. His "jokes" (so-called) are lame. Without
the "jokes" I might be able to watch him. Better than Hannity at least.

I don't subscribe to Fox, I only see some of it on YouTube.

> As for what Disney has produced, I don't even know. They have a black
> mermaid from what I can see, but I didn't even see the original so I
> can't say much about the remake. All I know is that I was forced to go
> see the Beauty and the Beast remake a few years ago by my wife (she grew
> up with the original), and I remember very well how the end's dance
> scene made sure to have a white person dancing with a black person. It
> was pathetic to watch how hopelessly woke they had become. I can only
> imagine who those losers will blame when they're fired for destroying
> the company, the same way the people responsible for the Bud Light /
> Dylan Mulvaney story seem to be.

I'm not worried about black people and white dancing together. What I
despise is the transgender and gender bender horse shit. That said, I
haven't watched any of the "live action" remakes of animated classics. This
is all Disney has now, remakes (always worse than the original), reboots and
sequels. Unfortunately, not only does Disney lack creativity, their remakes
are so concerned with Woke crap that they might as well call it pure
propaganda.

They've taken the Star Wars franchise and totally destroyed it. (It was
destroyed it for me in the third movie when they introduced walking teddy
bears, but it had still been a money maker until Disney got it in their
clutches.) Ditto with Marvel. Not quite as far down the shitter as Star Wars
yet, but it's swirling in the toilet bowel. And they simply are incapable of
learning that people don't pay to see movies when all they offer is woke
propaganda.

And they want teachers to be able to groom kids in Florida.

RonB

May 13, 2023, 3:36:16 AM5/13/23
I never drank beer, but I used to enjoy the ads. I think the first light
beer I heard about was Miller Lite. I remember the Conrad Dobler ads in the
mid 80s, where he a "professional" trouble maker.

-hh

May 13, 2023, 7:13:04 AM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 3:08:35 AM UTC-4, RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-12, -hh wrote:

> >> All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink Bud
> >> Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a couple
> >> years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard.
> >
> > Bud Lite sales might be off, but Anheuser-Busch revenues are up +7% YoY:
> >< https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/BUD/anheuser-busch/revenue >
>
> Market share is what they're looking for and it's down.

Market share can help, but it isn’t the driving metric, because you’re
otherwise at risk of falling into the logical fallacy of: “We lose money
on every sale, but we make it up in volume”.

FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
a lower total sales volume.

> > Plus their stock is up YoY by +9%.
>
> Down 9% since the Mulvaney "promo." Oops.

Yet still up YoY, which was the metric you originally chose.

> >> The beer industry magazines say
> >> there has never been a shift anything like this in market share in the
> >> history of the beer industry (apparently both Miller Lite and Coors Lite are
> >> each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go broke.
> >
> > It’s barely been one month. Time will tell.
>
> Don't get your hopes up.

“Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that
all of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted
in a hill of beans.

> >> Speaking of woke, Disney shares are down near $90 again. They were up to
> >> nearly $200 a share a few years ago. Go woke, go broke.
> >
> > Folks are trying to make news of how Disney lost 4M viewers in 1Q23…
> > ..but don’t mention that its from a broadcast contract ending for showing cricket in India.
>
> Probably comparing their woke animated disasters to Universal's animated
> successes.

Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?

> >> And Fox is now playing second fiddle to MSNBC. Actions have consequences.
> >
> > $787M judgement on Fox .. and counting: there was yet another lawsuit filed
> > against them this week.
>
> So it was really "good" time to get off their biggest money maker, eh?

Might you intended to have said “get rid of”? Because if you’re referring to
Tucker Carlson, Fox knew he was an ongoing liability, so he was disposable
as a convenient fall guy to try to limit their future liability lawsuit losses.

-hh

rabidPedagog

May 13, 2023, 10:01:10 AM5/13/23
What about the crowd of people who think it's strange for ugly men to
think that they're women simply because they woke up one day and said it?

> 2. Make remarks about the 'fratty' associations. Piss off the people who
> were never closed to a fraternity than watching 'Animal House'.

I was never a part of any fraternity, but I don't think that people who
were behave like stereotypes. Anheuser-Busch apparently does.

> 3. Fire the perpetrator and attempt to walk back the campaign, pissing off
> the LGBTQ++ crowd.

I'm sure that homosexuals buy lots of beer and that companies should be
more concerned about sales to them rather than sales to heterosexual men
who feel that consuming a beer during a sporting event is the natural
thing to do.

> One hopes what's-her-face gets a job promoting Girl Scout cookie sales or
> something within her ability.
>
> I've only seen brief clips of Mulvaney but they were such an over the top
> parody of women I thought it was a joke. AB would have done better to put
> Chelsea Manning on the can.

The one of him dancing in the most awkward manner and thinking that he
was somehow sexy merely because he claims to be a woman were
particularly offensive. The only thing creepier, to me, were those
AI-generated hamburger and pizza commercials. Here is the former, keep
little children away from the screen:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJ_kO12f-I&pp=ygUiYWkgZ2VuZXJhdGVkIGhhbWJ1cmdlciBjb21tZXJjaWFsIA%3D%3D>

Nux Vomica

May 13, 2023, 11:01:08 AM5/13/23
On Fri, 12 May 2023 09:10:04 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> First, I was wondering whether any of you regular drinkers have felt any
> kind of physical consequences from drinking mainstream beer.

This is a GNU/Linux group, you insufferable asshole fucktard.

Only Microslop/Apphell/xPhone users drink BEER, usually as
they drool about in their ridiculous universe of make-believe
computation.

GNU/Linux enthusiasts, being highly sophisticated and refined
practitioners, with a sense of taste to match, drink only WINE,
WINE, and WINE.

Remember that before you begin your fucking impulsive and senseless
rants, you pile of vile garbage.

Now go and wonder about your stinkin' asshole.

rabidPedagog

May 13, 2023, 11:19:49 AM5/13/23
As far as professional jokes go, what Gutfeld produces is clearly quite
amateur. But he's authentic, so his comedy translates to some people
like myself.
And I work with one such teacher. Luckily, he has had enough
confrontations with the administration to decide that he wants to leave
this school and teaching altogether by the beginning of the next year.
Good riddance.

rabidPedagog

May 13, 2023, 11:25:39 AM5/13/23
Hi Feeb. It looks like you've found your happy place. Good for you.

rbowman

May 13, 2023, 2:25:18 PM5/13/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 07:34:08 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On 2023-05-13, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 May 2023 22:58:44 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>>
>>> All I have to say is, if I drank beer (never have) I wouldn't drink
>>> Bud Light — the way they're going that may not even be an option in a
>>> couple years. Down 26%, year to year, last I heard. The beer industry
>>> magazines say there has never been a shift anything like this in
>>> market share in the history of the beer industry (apparently both
>>> Miller Lite and Coors Lite are each up in sales by 13%). Go woke, go
>>> broke.
>>
>> I stopped drinking beer before Bud Light even hit the market. However,
>> there was this squirrel piss:
>>
>> https://theanalogage.blogspot.com/2015/04/who-was-man-on-gablingers-
can-
>> or-real.html
>>
>> Rheingold on tap was one of my favorites but Gablingers's really
>> sucked.
>
> I never drank beer, but I used to enjoy the ads. I think the first light
> beer I heard about was Miller Lite. I remember the Conrad Dobler ads in
> the mid 80s, where he a "professional" trouble maker.

Rheingold was a New York beer. I don't know how much distribution it or
its Gablinger brand had outside of the state. It's been an interesting
trajectory. Before, say, the '50s many cities had a brewery. Troy, for
example, had Stantons that closed in 1950. They couldn't compete with
larger regional operations that had expanded like Piels, Utica Club,
Genesee, Schaefer, or Rheingold. It still was regional though. Then the
big fish ate the little fish. Some of the brand names were retained.

It has reached the point where the Pabst Brewing Company doesn't brew a
drop of beer. They are a holding company that contracts out the brewing
even for PBR.

Then came the microbreweries that brought it back to a local level.

The same process applies to almost all US products. If it was cost
effective beer would probably be brewed in China. If somebody invents a
concentrate that didn't require shipping so much water around it probably
would be. Just add 15 ounces of tap water and some carbonation at the
endpoint like CocaCola syrup.

rbowman

May 13, 2023, 2:35:03 PM5/13/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 04:13:01 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
> and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally friends
> with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that all of the
> attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted in a hill of
> beans.

And there is the problem. To the extent that 'Republican', 'right wing'
and 'MAGA' overlap they really need an infusion of honey badger DNA. They
should read 'Rules for Radicals' and apply every last one. 'conservative'
when there isn't shit to conserve doesn't cut it.

Relf

May 13, 2023, 3:11:21 PM5/13/23
Evil Daddy, right wing Republicans, earn the money.

Angelic Mommy, left wing Democrats, spend it.

-hh

May 13, 2023, 3:58:35 PM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 2:35:03 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2023 04:13:01 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:
>
> > “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
> > and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally friends
> > with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that all of the
> > attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted in a hill of
> > beans.
>
> And there is the problem. To the extent that 'Republican', 'right wing'
> and 'MAGA' overlap they really need an infusion of honey badger DNA.

Precisely: despite their loud mouths, they’re a bunch of effeminate snowflakes
who will cry if they chip a nail.

-hh

Joel

May 13, 2023, 4:04:08 PM5/13/23
"Relf" <Use...@Jeff-Relf.Me> wrote:

>Evil Daddy, right wing Republicans, earn the money.
>
>Angelic Mommy, left wing Democrats, spend it.

That's ridiculous, Relf, everyone contributes to economic output and
revenue, even the poor. My issue, ultimately, isn't that we're
somehow overspending, it's that we're not funding the spending. We
should raise taxes, but since that won't happen, Biden does need to
make some kind of deal. Maybe we, on the left, are getting screwed by
it, but enough is enough. I'm blown away by the lackadaisical
attitude about the national debt, and ongoing deficit spending.

--
Joel Crump

-hh

May 13, 2023, 4:07:17 PM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:01:08 AM UTC-4, Nux Vomica wrote:
> …
> Only Microslop/Apphell/xPhone users drink BEER, usually as
> they drool about in their ridiculous universe of make-believe
> computation.

Beer is one of the five beverages which changed the world.

> GNU/Linux enthusiasts, being highly sophisticated and refined
> practitioners, with a sense of taste to match, drink only WINE,
> WINE, and WINE.

Wine is one of the five too, but the said Linux connoisseur’s wine
selections are just Mogen David 20/20, Thunderbird, Boon’s Farm,
Wild Irish Rose, & Night Train Express.

-hh

Joel

May 13, 2023, 4:19:34 PM5/13/23
-hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
>On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 11:01:08?AM UTC-4, Nux Vomica wrote:
>
>> GNU/Linux enthusiasts, being highly sophisticated and refined
>> practitioners, with a sense of taste to match, drink only WINE,
>> WINE, and WINE.
>
>Wine is one of the five too, but the said Linux connoisseur’s wine
>selections are just Mogen David 20/20, Thunderbird, Boon’s Farm,
>Wild Irish Rose, & Night Train Express.

LOL! Judging by Russell, we'd probably think just that. ;)

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

May 13, 2023, 5:03:43 PM5/13/23
RonB wrote:

>All I have to say is,

Hey RonB, did you ever find the post, made within the last ten years,
where I claimed to have you kill-filed?

No such claim from me exists, of course. I've not lied in here,
*ever*, yet suddenly I can't keep track of my lies, huh?

You fucking piece of shit.

--
"I thought chrisv kill filed me long ago. Apparently he can't
keeptract of his lies." - lying piece of shit RonB, baselessly

Nux Vomica

May 13, 2023, 5:18:29 PM5/13/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 13:07:15 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> Beer is one of the five beverages which changed the world.

Yes. It gave the world "beer bellies" and it allowed
Medieval Europeans to exist within their cesspool, shit-filled
urban environments.

Haaaaaaaa, heeeee, har, har, har, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

> Wine is one of the five too, but...

But it is the ONLY one that is associated with divinity
and fertility, as exemplified by the Dionysian rituals
of the ancient Greeks (and the even more ancient
predecessors).

Wine is the elixir of life, whereas beer is the life-support
of pickup-driving peons.

> selections are just Mogen David 20/20, Thunderbird, Boon’s Farm,
> Wild Irish Rose, & Night Train Express.

Carlo Rossi Burgundy/Merlot. Yum, yum, slurp, yum!

Haaaaaaaa, heeeee, har, har, har, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

--
Nux Vomica

Nux knows. You don't.

-hh

May 13, 2023, 6:06:39 PM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 5:18:29 PM UTC-4, Nux Vomica wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2023 13:07:15 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:
> >
> > Beer is one of the five beverages which changed the world.

Editorial correction: six, not five. See ISBN# 978-0802715524

> Yes. It gave the world "beer bellies" and it allowed
> Medieval Europeans to exist within their cesspool, shit-filled
> urban environments.

Not just Europe, and not just beer: water purification is a common
thread of the six that Standage wrote about, and wine & the others
largely served the same purpose.

> > Wine is one of the [six] too, but...
>
> But it is the ONLY one that is associated with divinity
> and fertility, as exemplified by the Dionysian rituals
> of the ancient Greeks (and the even more ancient
> predecessors).

Incorrect, for there’s been many civilizations besides the Greeks,
so it’s not just wine. Plus one can look to many other rituals,
such as the Tea Ceremony in parts of Asia.

> Wine is the elixir of life, whereas beer is the life-support
> of pickup-driving peons.

You’re forgetting that Dionysos (Bacchus), the Greek god of wine-making,
orchards and fruit, vegetation, fertility, festivity & theatre, was also known
as the god of insanity and ritual madness. In modern interpretations,
note too how often Bacchus is portrayed as a roaring drunk.

> > selections are just Mogen David 20/20, Thunderbird, Boon’s Farm,
> > Wild Irish Rose, & Night Train Express.
>
> Carlo Rossi Burgundy/Merlot. Yum, yum, slurp, yum!

Carlo Rossi is Gallo’s “value” wine label, typically selling in gallon jugs.
The good news is that their stuff isn’t particularly good, so by the time
that a customer is nearing the bottom of a jug, they can’t really tell how
much the remaining wine therein has gone bad…

-hh

-hh

May 13, 2023, 6:11:47 PM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 4:19:34 PM UTC-4, Joel wrote:
He didn’t stoop quite that low; went for the Gallo gallon jug
(now labeled as ‘Carlo Rossi’ to sound like it might be Italian),
probably because his mom was like many folks of the 1970s
by storing the wine jug under the steps to the basement: it’s
what he first stole swigs off of.

-hh

Joel

May 13, 2023, 6:24:25 PM5/13/23
-hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
What I just don't understand, about the debate, between beer and wine,
is why we have to judge beer, by the mass produced stuff. Obviously,
Budweiser, et al, are junk, compared to, even, Russell's Gallo wine,
but there are some craft brews, that are just as fabulous as can be.
I'm making a conscious effort, not to drink, currently, but I really
have been blown away, by the quality, of some of the remarkable
potions, that craft breweries have offered.

--
Joel Crump

rbowman

May 13, 2023, 6:33:51 PM5/13/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> He didn’t stoop quite that low; went for the Gallo gallon jug (now
> labeled as ‘Carlo Rossi’ to sound like it might be Italian),
> probably because his mom was like many folks of the 1970s by storing the
> wine jug under the steps to the basement: it’s what he first stole swigs
> off of.

Hey, don't denigrate Gallo Hearty Burgundy in the gallon jug. iirc it was
14.5% alcohol and one of the best pennies per proof gallon buys available.
It was easier to get down than Silver Satin and Wild Irish Rose too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB71ZoyoQEA

Nux Vomica

May 13, 2023, 6:36:18 PM5/13/23
On 13 May 2023 01:12:46 GMT, rbowman wrote:

> Rheingold on tap was one of my favorites

Beer induces piss -- lots of it.

Do you have some sort of fetish for pissing?
Huh? Do you like to piss?

Hey! I asked you a goddamned mutherfucking
question and I expect a goddamned mutherfucking
answer. Fucking uncivil muzhik.

You obviously enjoy immensely having to frequently
piss, and that's why you prefer beer.

What a fucking queer!

Heeeee, haaaa, hee, ha, ha, ha, ha, ho, ho ha!

Nux Vomica

May 13, 2023, 6:48:12 PM5/13/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 15:06:36 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> You’re forgetting that Dionysos (Bacchus), was also known
> as the god of insanity and ritual madness.

Nope. I "forget" nothing.

You are only attempting to cover your lame, unsophisticated
ass.

The Dionysian rituals eventually progressed into the phenomenon
of Greek drama. Hence we see the development of the most exalted
and profound literature that the world has ever known. The outstanding
theater of Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides, are unparalleled unto
this very day.

And it's all thanks to WINE and WINE only.

--
Nux Vomica

Nux knows. You don't.

So don't even try.

Heeeee, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

-hh

May 13, 2023, 8:40:09 PM5/13/23
Oh, I understand the cheap drunk aspect. I was always surprised when
I saw classmates paying for this stuff when there were free Frat parties
every night with unlimited free beer as it’s competition.

In any event, I’m just laughing at Feeb’s feeble attempt to claim that
his choice is a sophisticated, quality product when it’s not even on par
with a carafe of the “cheaper than Coca-Cola” house wine found in any
Parisian brasserie…even the ones which are tourist traps!

-hh

-hh

May 13, 2023, 8:49:29 PM5/13/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 6:24:25 PM UTC-4, Joel wrote:
> -hh wrote:

> >> LOL! Judging by Russell, we'd probably think just that. ;)
> >
> >He didn’t stoop quite that low; went for the Gallo gallon jug
> >(now labeled as ‘Carlo Rossi’ to sound like it might be Italian),
> >probably because his mom was like many folks of the 1970s
> >by storing the wine jug under the steps to the basement: it’s
> >what he first stole swigs off of.
>
> What I just don't understand, about the debate, between beer and
> wine, is why we have to judge beer, by the mass produced stuff.

Simply put, because Feeb tried to play a Linux “L33t” card, but chose poorly.

> Obviously, Budweiser, et al, are junk, compared to, even, Russell's Gallo
> wine, but there are some craft brews, that are just as fabulous as can be.

Even the big boys can make reasonable product - what you’re really
alluding to is that product that’s been “committee’ed” to death can
end up being incredibly bland & boring.

> I'm making a conscious effort, not to drink, currently, but I really
> have been blown away, by the quality, of some of the remarkable
> potions, that craft breweries have offered.

When you choose to take a break, remind me to relay some brands
worth a look. I’ve been surprised by some of the Belgian “Trappist”
beer concoctions - some are more interestingly complex than some
overrated/overpriced bottles of wines I’ve had. A few have become
“go to” gifts to ‘virgin’ beer drinkers, such as Westmalle Dubble. Note
though that that’s not a summer beer: it’s best on a cooler/damp day,
warming up next to a fire with some good creamy Gouda cheese,
because context matters.

-hh

RonB

May 13, 2023, 10:29:26 PM5/13/23
Speaking of losing money on every sale, Budweiser is desperate for sales of
Bud Light that they are (or were) selling it for 41 cents a can at Costco.
(Less than $15 per case of 36.) And they still couldn't sell it. And you've
got to sell a LOT of it, when you're losing money per can, to make a profit.
:)

> FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
> everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
> their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
> a lower total sales volume.

Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.

https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/

>> > Plus their stock is up YoY by +9%.
>>
>> Down 9% since the Mulvaney "promo." Oops.
>
> Yet still up YoY, which was the metric you originally chose.

So which figure really means something in relationship to Budweiser's
asinine Mulvaney promotion?

>> > It’s barely been one month. Time will tell.
>>
>> Don't get your hopes up.
>
> “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
> and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
> friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that
> all of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted
> in a hill of beans.

Hopes that this won't influence other companies not to go Woke and broke.

>> > Folks are trying to make news of how Disney lost 4M viewers in 1Q23…
>> > ..but don’t mention that its from a broadcast contract ending for showing cricket in India.
>>
>> Probably comparing their woke animated disasters to Universal's animated
>> successes.
>
> Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?

>> > $787M judgement on Fox .. and counting: there was yet another lawsuit filed
>> > against them this week.
>>
>> So it was really "good" time to get off their biggest money maker, eh?
>
> Might you intended to have said “get rid of”? Because if you’re referring to
> Tucker Carlson, Fox knew he was an ongoing liability, so he was disposable
> as a convenient fall guy to try to limit their future liability lawsuit losses.

Whatever. Fox owned cable news before they fired Tucker Carlson. They're now
sucking MSNBC's tailpipe.

Go Woke, go broke.

RonB

May 13, 2023, 10:33:23 PM5/13/23
On 2023-05-13, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
The problem is the Republicans have sold out to the same corporations the
Democrats have. So they talk tough about Democrat stupidity on the campaign
trail and then make back room deals with them when they get back in
Washington. The same thing the so-called "moderate" Democrats do. All of
them (with very exceptions) bought and sold.

RonB

May 13, 2023, 10:34:45 PM5/13/23
On 2023-05-13, -hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:
Can't argue with you there. Simpering cowards.

RonB

May 13, 2023, 10:42:46 PM5/13/23
On 2023-05-13, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

> As far as professional jokes go, what Gutfeld produces is clearly quite
> amateur. But he's authentic, so his comedy translates to some people
> like myself.

I'll give you that. Most of his humor is basically, "look at those stupid
people" variety. Good humor, in my opinion, requires that you can also laugh
at yourself.

> And I work with one such teacher. Luckily, he has had enough
> confrontations with the administration to decide that he wants to leave
> this school and teaching altogether by the beginning of the next year.
> Good riddance.

Definitely good riddance. I'm happy to hear that the administration has
confronted him instead of encouraging him (as too many schools do).

RonB

May 13, 2023, 11:06:26 PM5/13/23
I'm old enough to remember when regional or local... was for about
everything. When the Bud Light controversy came up I began looking up some
of the beers that I used to see ads for. Ranier. Lucky Lager. Olympia (I
lived in western Montana so I guess we got a lot of ads for the Pacific
Northwest.) I also remember Hamms, but I guess that was a Midwest beer.

I've kind of lost tract because I haven't watched TV for about twenty years.
Didn't know so many brands had disappeared (or minor sub-brands for someone
else).

Since I live in the Boise area now, I would probably drink Spud Beer, if I
drank beer.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1225331468008200

> Then came the microbreweries that brought it back to a local level.
>
> The same process applies to almost all US products. If it was cost
> effective beer would probably be brewed in China. If somebody invents a
> concentrate that didn't require shipping so much water around it probably
> would be. Just add 15 ounces of tap water and some carbonation at the
> endpoint like CocaCola syrup.

I'm sure you're right. I know when regional companies become too big they
become a target for the big corporations. In Nebraska (in the 80s) there was
a meat packing plant (run by Butch Stanko) that was getting "too big." They
had just acquired the public school contracts, suddenly they had all kinds of
"health violations" when the reputation had been impeccable for years.
(Government misusing code violations at the behest of their donors.)
"Capitalism" at work in the United States. So much for "free enterprise."

rbowman

May 14, 2023, 2:43:03 AM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 02:33:18 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On 2023-05-13, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 May 2023 04:13:01 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:
>>
>>> “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
>>> and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
>>> friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that all
>>> of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted in a
>>> hill of beans.
>>
>> And there is the problem. To the extent that 'Republican', 'right wing'
>> and 'MAGA' overlap they really need an infusion of honey badger DNA.
>> They should read 'Rules for Radicals' and apply every last one.
>> 'conservative'
>> when there isn't shit to conserve doesn't cut it.
>
> The problem is the Republicans have sold out to the same corporations
> the Democrats have. So they talk tough about Democrat stupidity on the
> campaign trail and then make back room deals with them when they get
> back in Washington. The same thing the so-called "moderate" Democrats
> do. All of them (with very exceptions) bought and sold.

Welcome to the Uniparty.

rbowman

May 14, 2023, 2:43:10 AM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 03:04:35 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> I'm old enough to remember when regional or local... was for about
> everything. When the Bud Light controversy came up I began looking up
> some of the beers that I used to see ads for. Ranier. Lucky Lager.
> Olympia (I lived in western Montana so I guess we got a lot of ads for
> the Pacific Northwest.) I also remember Hamms, but I guess that was a
> Midwest beer.

I didn't even know Ranier was gone. Grain Belt was another midwest brand.
I was surprised to see it has survived after many ups and downs.

rbowman

May 14, 2023, 2:45:14 AM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 02:29:22 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Speaking of losing money on every sale, Budweiser is desperate for sales
> of Bud Light that they are (or were) selling it for 41 cents a can at
> Costco. (Less than $15 per case of 36.) And they still couldn't sell it.
> And you've got to sell a LOT of it, when you're losing money per can, to
> make a profit.

Damn! Too bad I don't drink anymore. That's cheaper than a case of
Montster. Per can it might even be cheaper than Kirkland sparkling water.

-hh

May 14, 2023, 6:38:06 AM5/14/23
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 10:29:26 PM UTC-4, RonB wrote:
So what? Is that a nationwide price, or just one isolated store somewhere
who has a supply imbalance they’re trying to clear before the product expires?
I case the same thing with a local bagel shop every month or two.

FYI, this is why i noted it’s only been a month.

> > FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
> > everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
> > their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
> > a lower total sales volume.
>
> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.

An investor doesn’t panic. They look at fundamentals to see if there really is a risk.

> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/
> >>
> >> Down 9% since the Mulvaney "promo." Oops.
> >
> > Yet still up YoY, which was the metric you originally chose.
>
> So which figure really means something in relationship to Budweiser's
> asinine Mulvaney promotion?

No shorter than Quarterly, which won’t be out until July.

> >> Don't get your hopes up.
> >
> > “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
> > and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
> > friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that
> > all of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted
> > in a hill of beans.
>
> Hopes that this won't influence other companies not to go Woke and broke.

Other companies have seen these feigned MAGA outrages before, and
just how ineffective they’ve been. That was the point of my comment.

> >> Probably comparing their woke animated disasters to Universal's animated
> >> successes.
> >
> > Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?

Silence noted.

-hh

RonB

May 14, 2023, 9:13:39 AM5/14/23
One "little ole Costco store," and they've got it on sale for 41 cents a
can. "That's just a normal sale, you know, nothing to see here." And the
videos I saw, the pallets were still full while the Miller and Coors pallets
were nearly empty.

In the one and half months the drop in sales percentage is increasing, not
decreasing.

>> > FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
>> > everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
>> > their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
>> > a lower total sales volume.
>>
>> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
>> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
>> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.
>
> An investor doesn’t panic. They look at fundamentals to see if there really is a risk.

Yeah, right. Investors are known for NEVER overeacting. Bank runs never
happen either.

>> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/

>> > Yet still up YoY, which was the metric you originally chose.
>>
>> So which figure really means something in relationship to Budweiser's
>> asinine Mulvaney promotion?
>
> No shorter than Quarterly, which won’t be out until July.

>> > “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
>> > and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
>> > friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that
>> > all of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted
>> > in a hill of beans.
>>
>> Hopes that this won't influence other companies not to go Woke and broke.
>
> Other companies have seen these feigned MAGA outrages before, and
> just how ineffective they’ve been. That was the point of my comment.

Nothing like this. Budweiser is scrambling, but apparently you can't get a
line of credit from banks these days if you don't toe the Woke ESG line.

>> > Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?
>
> Silence noted.

What does a sports market have to do with animated films? I usually remain
silent when people say stupid things. It's more polite than calling them
batshit crazy.

There is a connection here though. Woke Disney, who owns Woke ESPN is seeing
a decline in their sports media market as well. I guess that's what you get
when being Woke is more important than being smart in business.

RonB

May 14, 2023, 9:14:10 AM5/14/23
We need NO parties. Everyone should run unaffiliated on their own merits.

RonB

May 14, 2023, 9:27:12 AM5/14/23
On 2023-05-14, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
I don't think they're completely gone. I think they're one of Pabst's many
brands now.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 10:39:55 AM5/14/23
On 2023-05-13 5:01 p.m., chrisv wrote:
> RonB wrote:
>
>> All I have to say is,
>
> Hey RonB, did you ever find the post, made within the last ten years,
> where I claimed to have you kill-filed?
>
> No such claim from me exists, of course. I've not lied in here,
> *ever*, yet suddenly I can't keep track of my lies, huh?

ROFL. What about all of the times we quoted you lying? I imagine that
we're supposed to record the Msg-ID of every one of those posts so that
we can eventually provide them to you, have you read the message and
continue to claim that you weren't lying in the post we recorded of you
lying.

Either way, get over it. Everyone here says things that might be
slightly or grossly exaggerated and things that they eventually regret.
You're no better than anyone else and not one person in this newsgroup
sees you as the beacon of either decency or honesty.

--
rabidPedagog
TG: @rabidPedagog
Get behind me, Microsoft, Google, Apple...

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 11:00:03 AM5/14/23
It's amazing how at 41 cents a can, it's still not worth it.

>> FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
>> everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
>> their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
>> a lower total sales volume.
>
> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.
>
> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/

I think that a lot of men are concerned that by consuming Bud Light,
they too will begin to question their gender. After all, we don't know
if Mulvaney consumed his first Bud Light before or after he started
prancing around thinking he's a woman.

>>> Down 9% since the Mulvaney "promo." Oops.
>>
>> Yet still up YoY, which was the metric you originally chose.
>
> So which figure really means something in relationship to Budweiser's
> asinine Mulvaney promotion?

Whichever Hugh Huntzinger can find which shows that associating with a
mentally-ill homo was a great idea. Leftists love their "sources," no
matter how rigged or fraudulent they are.

>>> Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>> “Hopes?” I don’t drink Bud, so I’d not care if it were to go away,
>> and the only family member of the Busch family I was personally
>> friends with died a decade ago. All I’m doing is recognizing that
>> all of the attempts of the MAGA Cancel Culture just hasn’t resulted
>> in a hill of beans.
>
> Hopes that this won't influence other companies not to go Woke and broke.

I hope it inspires powerful, untouchable corporations like Apple, Google
and Microsoft to pledge allegiance to the church of the homo as quickly
as possible. Perhaps then people might actually notice that their choice
of operating system doesn't make them cool; it spies on their private
life just like the competition and often in association with them.

>>> Probably comparing their woke animated disasters to Universal's animated
>>> successes.
>>
>> Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?

>>> So it was really "good" time to get off their biggest money maker, eh?
>>
>> Might you intended to have said “get rid of”? Because if you’re referring to
>> Tucker Carlson, Fox knew he was an ongoing liability, so he was disposable
>> as a convenient fall guy to try to limit their future liability lawsuit losses.
>
> Whatever. Fox owned cable news before they fired Tucker Carlson. They're now
> sucking MSNBC's tailpipe.
>
> Go Woke, go broke.

It's all good: they have Jesse Watters. LOL.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 11:02:02 AM5/14/23
On 2023-05-13 10:40 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-13, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>>
>> As far as professional jokes go, what Gutfeld produces is clearly quite
>> amateur. But he's authentic, so his comedy translates to some people
>> like myself.
>
> I'll give you that. Most of his humor is basically, "look at those stupid
> people" variety. Good humor, in my opinion, requires that you can also laugh
> at yourself.

I get the impression that the lack of variety in his comedy is the
result of leftists giving him tons of material for free.

>> And I work with one such teacher. Luckily, he has had enough
>> confrontations with the administration to decide that he wants to leave
>> this school and teaching altogether by the beginning of the next year.
>> Good riddance.
>
> Definitely good riddance. I'm happy to hear that the administration has
> confronted him instead of encouraging him (as too many schools do).

Except that they didn't fire him, even after the many occasions that
they should have. He just decided to leave.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 11:06:04 AM5/14/23
I agree with that wholeheartedly. A dissolution of all parties would
force people to actually look at what the candidate in their area stands
for, instead of just assuming.

DFS

May 14, 2023, 11:15:10 AM5/14/23
On 5/13/2023 6:48 PM, Larry "Nux Vomica" Pietraskiewicz wrote:

> The outstanding
> theater of Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides, are unparalleled unto
> this very day.

> And it's all thanks to WINE and WINE only.

Wine, Greek theater and GuhNoo crapware: what a sorry-ass combination of
hobbies.

-hh

May 14, 2023, 12:12:29 PM5/14/23
On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 9:13:39 AM UTC-4, RonB wrote:
Still not proof of anything other than one isolated incident.

> In the one and half months the drop in sales percentage is increasing, not
> decreasing.

Sure, and it is still early.

Case in point, here’s a list of companies that MAGA bans have been called on
since 2015…let us know which ones have gone out of business due to this:

Amazon
Nordstrom
Kellogg
Target
Keuri Beyonce
NFL
Wal-Mart
Netflix
Budweiser
Oreos
Pepsi
Gillette
Univision
Macys
CNN
Yeti
HBO
Shopify
Twitter
Google
Facebook
Reddit
Starbucks
Twitch
Spotify
YouTube
Snapchat
TikTok
Pinterest
Instagram
Nike

< https://www.101x.com/blogs/cj-morgan/everything-the-maga-crowd-has-boycotted-over-the-last-four-years/>

> >> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
> >> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
> >> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.
> >
> > An investor doesn’t panic. They look at fundamentals to see if there really is a risk.
>
> Yeah, right. Investors are known for NEVER overeacting. Bank runs never
> happen either.

As the old saying goes, “Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered"

> >> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/

> >> So which figure really means something in relationship to Budweiser's
> >> asinine Mulvaney promotion?
> >
> > No shorter than Quarterly, which won’t be out until July.

> >> Hopes that this won't influence other companies not to go Woke and broke.
> >
> > Other companies have seen these feigned MAGA outrages before, and
> > just how ineffective they’ve been. That was the point of my comment.
>
> Nothing like this. Budweiser is scrambling, but apparently you can't get a
> line of credit from banks these days if you don't toe the Woke ESG line.

Take the above list: have ANY of them been driven out of business by
your petulant MAGA crybaby crowd?

> > Silence noted.
>
> What does a sports market have to do with animated films?

That’s a great question, and since you’re who made that association claim,
please answer it now for us.

> I usually remain silent when people say stupid things. It's more polite
> than calling them batshit crazy.

I’m more than willing to tell you when you say stupid stuff. It’s even
more entertaining when you contradict yourself like you just did above.

> There is a connection here though. Woke Disney, who owns Woke ESPN is seeing
> a decline in their sports media market as well. I guess that's what you get
> when being Woke is more important than being smart in business.

More “guessing” again? Better to do actual Market research before espousing.
Else it’s COLA’s thousands-aire RonB preaching how to be as successful as he’s been. /s

-hh

rbowman

May 14, 2023, 1:15:46 PM5/14/23
I don't think that is feasible. Even at a local level John Smith has an
agenda that some people agree with and volunteer to aid him to get the
word out. Jane Doe has a similar agenda and her supporters realize there
is commonality with Smith's and they can more effectively work together to
support both to represent them.

That's a simplistic description of the genesis of political parties but I
don't see how it can be avoided. They grow, build infrastructure, and Bill
Jones realizes that the Smith party has a ready made support network.

Nux Vomica

May 14, 2023, 3:26:20 PM5/14/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 17:40:07 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> a carafe of the “cheaper than Coca-Cola” house wine found in any
> Parisian brasserie…even the ones which are tourist traps!

Pig swill. Total pig swill.

But it's all just an illusion away. As with premium gasoline,
a lot of vain idiots could not ever bring themselves to even
sample a perceived inferior brand. What deluded fools!

The true cosmopolitan man of letters, however, will settle
for nothing other than home-made wine from his own personal
winery.

I have a superb recipe: the Vomica Thracian blend. It'll
bury all challengers.

I would make this in volume but for one thing: the cost of
the necessary lot of 20-gallon glass jugs.

Most home wine makers use plastic jugs but this practice
is not to be recommended. Ethanol is a relatively potent
solvent (much better than water) and will easily leach out
the plasticizers and other additives in even food-grade
plastic.

Only glass jugs will do and the cost for a big lot of
20-gallon carboys (non Chinese, non Indian) is astronomical.

I need to find out about a shipment of such items and then
hijack the truck.

-hh

May 14, 2023, 4:47:45 PM5/14/23
On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 3:26:20 PM UTC-4, Nux Vomica wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2023 17:40:07 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:
>

> > a carafe of the “cheaper than Coca-Cola” house wine found in any
> > Parisian brasserie…even the ones which are tourist traps!
> >
> Pig swill. Total pig swill.

Even their stuff in cardboard boxes is superior to your Gallo.

> But it's all just an illusion away. As with premium gasoline,
> a lot of vain idiots could not ever bring themselves to even
> sample a perceived inferior brand. What deluded fools!

One only need sample a Gallo jug a few times to conclude that
it’s just overpriced vinegar.

> The true cosmopolitan man of letters, however, will settle
> for nothing other than home-made wine from his own personal
> winery.

Nah, the cosmopolitan man will know when & where to delegate.

> Only glass jugs will do and the cost for a big lot of
> 20-gallon carboys (non Chinese, non Indian) is astronomical.
>
> I need to find out about a shipment of such items and then
> hijack the truck.

Because heaven forbid that … just like Linux .. any money be spent! /s

-hh

Joel

May 14, 2023, 5:23:55 PM5/14/23
-hh <recscub...@huntzinger.com> wrote:

>> What I just don't understand, about the debate, between beer and
>> wine, is why we have to judge beer, by the mass produced stuff.
>
>Simply put, because Feeb tried to play a Linux “L33t” card, but chose poorly.
>
>> Obviously, Budweiser, et al, are junk, compared to, even, Russell's Gallo
>> wine, but there are some craft brews, that are just as fabulous as can be.
>
>Even the big boys can make reasonable product - what you’re really
>alluding to is that product that’s been “committee’ed” to death can
>end up being incredibly bland & boring.

Some of the, smaller, batch brews, by the big companies, are good,
yeah, but I meant the standard fare, it's obviously designed to just
be cheap(er), and easy to find, not to really compete, with the finer
taste of a wine, or higher end liquor.

>> I'm making a conscious effort, not to drink, currently, but I really
>> have been blown away, by the quality, of some of the remarkable
>> potions, that craft breweries have offered.
>
>When you choose to take a break, remind me to relay some brands
>worth a look. I’ve been surprised by some of the Belgian “Trappist”
>beer concoctions - some are more interestingly complex than some
>overrated/overpriced bottles of wines I’ve had. A few have become
>“go to” gifts to ‘virgin’ beer drinkers, such as Westmalle Dubble. Note
>though that that’s not a summer beer: it’s best on a cooler/damp day,
>warming up next to a fire with some good creamy Gouda cheese,
>because context matters.

Interesting.

--
Joel Crump

RonB

May 14, 2023, 6:55:43 PM5/14/23
Problem is it becomes completely partisan. John Smith supports Jane Doe, no
matter what her record shows, or how many kittens she's strangled, because
she has the right label on her lapel.

RonB

May 14, 2023, 7:00:59 PM5/14/23
I don't care if chrisv has me killfiled or not. I know I have him killfiled.
I only see his posts when someone quotes them.

I have no idea what this specific exchange is about.

RonB

May 14, 2023, 7:29:48 PM5/14/23
On 2023-05-14, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
I don't think it's that simple. Corporations often use "mutual agreement" as
a code phrase for "we fired him."

RonB

May 14, 2023, 7:29:55 PM5/14/23
On 2023-05-14, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
I don't think they could have done anything more stupid than what they did
with Mulvaney. The creator of the old Bud Light and Budweiser ads said that
they destroyed in a few seconds what he had built up in over twenty years of
ad campaigns. This is what you get when a Woke corporation from Belgium
tries to sell beer to Americans. They're clueless.

>>> FYI, automakers have also learned to not chase marketshare over
>>> everything else: they’ve learned during CoVid that they can raise
>>> their margins per vehicle and have just as much net revenue at
>>> a lower total sales volume.
>>
>> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
>> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
>> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.
>>
>> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/
>
> I think that a lot of men are concerned that by consuming Bud Light,
> they too will begin to question their gender. After all, we don't know
> if Mulvaney consumed his first Bud Light before or after he started
> prancing around thinking he's a woman.

Lots of parody ads about this on YouTube now.
I think it's already having an effect. ESG scores are one thing. Losing your
customer base is another.

>>> Since when does *any* sports market care about animated films?

>>> Might you intended to have said “get rid of”? Because if you’re referring to
>>> Tucker Carlson, Fox knew he was an ongoing liability, so he was disposable
>>> as a convenient fall guy to try to limit their future liability lawsuit losses.
>>
>> Whatever. Fox owned cable news before they fired Tucker Carlson. They're now
>> sucking MSNBC's tailpipe.
>>
>> Go Woke, go broke.
>
> It's all good: they have Jesse Watters. LOL.

Yep.

rbowman

May 14, 2023, 8:59:22 PM5/14/23
On Sun, 14 May 2023 22:55:38 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Problem is it becomes completely partisan. John Smith supports Jane Doe,
> no matter what her record shows, or how many kittens she's strangled,
> because she has the right label on her lapel.

The Republicans don't seem to have that part down yet. When the Democrats
screw Bernie they do it a little more gracefully.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 10:16:48 PM5/14/23
As usual, he calls everyone a liar but says that he never lies, has
never lied and so on.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 10:20:35 PM5/14/23
Everyone remembers the frog Bud-Wei-Ser ads and the "Wassup!" ones too.
Not one person will ever talk positively of the ads with the fat Jews
Schumer and Rogen though.

>>> Tell me a little about Bud Light's margins because, as their sales are going
>>> down and their prices are also going down. I suppose you would find that to
>>> be a "win-win" situation if you were an investor.
>>>
>>> https://www.westernjournal.com/price-36-pack-bud-light-costco-goes-viral-pretty-much-giving-away-point/
>>
>> I think that a lot of men are concerned that by consuming Bud Light,
>> they too will begin to question their gender. After all, we don't know
>> if Mulvaney consumed his first Bud Light before or after he started
>> prancing around thinking he's a woman.
>
> Lots of parody ads about this on YouTube now.

I'd look at them but I tend to avoid Youtube nowadays.
They _might_ come back, as hh- suggests. I understand that people don't
remember this kind of garbage like I do and will buy whatever's
convenient. However, Gillette, to this day, never gets my money. I will
grab cheap supermarket brand of everything rather than Gillette
anything. Since they wanted so badly to ridicule the idea of being a
man, I simply don't believe they have a right to even a penny of my money.

rabidPedagog

May 14, 2023, 10:21:09 PM5/14/23
If he were fired, he'd already be gone. Instead, he's still around
polluting the school.

vallor

May 15, 2023, 2:04:17 AM5/15/23
On Sat, 13 May 2023 15:01:03 +0000, Nux Vomica wrote:

> On Fri, 12 May 2023 09:10:04 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:
>

>> First, I was wondering whether any of you regular drinkers have felt any
>> kind of physical consequences from drinking mainstream beer.
>>

> This is a GNU/Linux group, you insufferable asshole fucktard.

Woo hoo! Finally, some Linux discussion!

> Only Microslop/Apphell/xPhone users drink BEER, usually as
> they drool about in their ridiculous universe of make-believe
> computation.

This isn't Linux discussion.

> GNU/Linux enthusiasts, being highly sophisticated and refined
> practitioners, with a sense of taste to match, drink only WINE,
> WINE, and WINE.

I use a more sophisticated version of WINE called proton,
which runs Elite Dangerous with great aplomb. Part of Steam Play.

Hell, it's all handled by Steam -- I don't even have WINE installed.

_[/home/vallor]_(vallor@vl)🐧_
$ wine
Command 'wine' not found, but can be installed with:
apt install wine # version 6.0.3~repack-1, or
apt install wine-development # version 6.0+repack-1ubuntu1
Ask your administrator to install one of them.

--
-v

RonB

May 15, 2023, 2:05:36 AM5/15/23
Classic chrisv.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 2:33:43 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
I don't think they will come back. I think they've reached the public's
breaking point — by "they" I mean all the Woke corporations, not just Bud
Light. They've pushed it too hard and people are fed up with it. I think
their fatal mistake was pushing this slimy transgender shit into the schools
(at a younger and younger age) and the mama bears woke up from hibernation.
We're also reaching a point where the standard of living is falling and
people tend to be less tolerant of this kind of bullshit when they're
hurting and it gets harder and harder just to afford food.

And then there's Russia and China. Unless the WEF can force their worldwide
"great reset" worldwide it won't work — and Russia and China (and the
majority of the world's population) are bucking the trend. The U.S. and
Europe are basically unwelcome in Africa or South America. Russia (and
especially China) invest in these continents (for trade) without trying to
force their governments into our version of Woke democracy. And with BRICS
and its investment bank, they now have a choice.

The PetroDollar is all but dead, and there goes the U.S. racket of getting a
cut out of everybody's trade worldwide (like the Mafia protection racket).
Once the dollar is dead, we'll have no way to service our gigantic national
debt. It'll be hell on us in the U.S., but it will be a new Independence Day
for the rest of the world (except for our flunkies in Europe). They're going
to try a new digital currency when the dollar collapses, but for Russia,
China, India and all the other countries who want to join BRICS, it won't be
an issue. They're already started trading in their own currencies.

Sorry for rambling.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 2:36:10 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
You're talking about the teacher/groomer. I was thinking Carlson Tucker at
Fox. That's what I get for scanning the post.

Yeah, that teacher should have been fired, but the school administrators are
probably afraid they would sued or charged for some "hate crime" for trying
to protect the kids.

They should get the parents together and have one sit in EVERY class he
teaches from now on, until he's gone.

-hh

May 15, 2023, 8:02:04 AM5/15/23
On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 10:20:35 PM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
> On 2023-05-14 7:27 p.m., RonB wrote:
> > …
> > I don't think they could have done anything more stupid than what they did
> > with Mulvaney. The creator of the old Bud Light and Budweiser ads said that
> > they destroyed in a few seconds what he had built up in over twenty years of
> > ad campaigns. This is what you get when a Woke corporation from Belgium
> > tries to sell beer to Americans. They're clueless.
>
> Everyone remembers the frog Bud-Wei-Ser ads and the "Wassup!" ones too.

Thought they were pretty dumb at the time, and pretty much still do.

> Not one person will ever talk positively of the ads with the fat Jews
> Schumer and Rogen though.

Don’t even remember either.

> >> I think that a lot of men are concerned that by consuming Bud Light,
> >> they too will begin to question their gender. After all, we don't know
> >> if Mulvaney consumed his first Bud Light before or after he started
> >> prancing around thinking he's a woman.

Because causality? Heaven forbid when RonB realizes that Boy George
was “out” in pop music over 40 years ago…yet he claims that he & his kids
are all okay.

> > Lots of parody ads about this on YouTube now.
>
> I'd look at them but I tend to avoid Youtube nowadays.

It’s all free “mind share” advertising. People will remember
the brand for longer than the controversy.

> >> I hope it inspires powerful, untouchable corporations like Apple, Google
> >> and Microsoft to pledge allegiance to the church of the homo as quickly
> >> as possible. Perhaps then people might actually notice that their choice
> >> of operating system doesn't make them cool; it spies on their private
> >> life just like the competition and often in association with them.

Is that Linux content? Given how “homos” actually bathe regularly, it’s not
all that appealing of an argument attempt… /s

> > I think it's already having an effect. ESG scores are one thing. Losing your
> > customer base is another.
>
> They _might_ come back, as hh- suggests.

It’s merely more noise in the partisan culture war attempts by those who
delights in being deliberately cruel, the odds are that it will be like their
prior “boycott “ screams, where it doesn’t have any meaningful effect on
Enterprise. FYI, similar thing applies with the ESG rants: the investment
professionals have done their analysis and figured out where there’s ESG
fakes (for lack of a better term) vs real..and found that following the intent
results in stronger corporate structure and lower risk on positive returns.
That means that the payoff isn’t “higher returns”, but that the risk is lower
vs peers for the rate of return afforded.

> I understand that people don't remember this kind of garbage like
> I do and will buy whatever's convenient.

Consumers apparently didn’t care when they supported Amazon when
Amazon drove diapers.com out of business with (probably illegal) predatory
pricing…

-hh

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 8:02:53 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 2:04 a.m., vallor wrote:

>> GNU/Linux enthusiasts, being highly sophisticated and refined
>> practitioners, with a sense of taste to match, drink only WINE,
>> WINE, and WINE.
>
> I use a more sophisticated version of WINE called proton,
> which runs Elite Dangerous with great aplomb. Part of Steam Play.
>
> Hell, it's all handled by Steam -- I don't even have WINE installed.
>
> _[/home/vallor]_(vallor@vl)🐧_
> $ wine
> Command 'wine' not found, but can be installed with:
> apt install wine # version 6.0.3~repack-1, or
> apt install wine-development # version 6.0+repack-1ubuntu1
> Ask your administrator to install one of them.

Speaking of, I was wondering how well I would be able to play my
remaining unfinished games in an installation of Fedora. I still have
Guacamelee 2 (will probably work fine), Red Dead Redemption 2 (might
work with some compromises), Immortals Fenyx Rising (truly not sure),
Control (it's on GOG so I don't know how Lutris would handle it), the
remakes of Bioshock 1 and 2 (also on GOG) and a few others. According to
ProtonDB, they're all mostly Gold or better, but I'm wondering if you
have any experience with something other than Elite Dangerous to talk
about your general experience.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 8:09:45 AM5/15/23
They already started trying to push the transsexual garbage in my school
as well. Luckily though, it's only a few individuals and the
establishment itself is not playing along... for now. I'm convinced that
in a few years, I'll be the only person standing in the way of it.

> And then there's Russia and China. Unless the WEF can force their worldwide
> "great reset" worldwide it won't work — and Russia and China (and the
> majority of the world's population) are bucking the trend. The U.S. and
> Europe are basically unwelcome in Africa or South America. Russia (and
> especially China) invest in these continents (for trade) without trying to
> force their governments into our version of Woke democracy. And with BRICS
> and its investment bank, they now have a choice.
>
> The PetroDollar is all but dead, and there goes the U.S. racket of getting a
> cut out of everybody's trade worldwide (like the Mafia protection racket).
> Once the dollar is dead, we'll have no way to service our gigantic national
> debt. It'll be hell on us in the U.S., but it will be a new Independence Day
> for the rest of the world (except for our flunkies in Europe). They're going
> to try a new digital currency when the dollar collapses, but for Russia,
> China, India and all the other countries who want to join BRICS, it won't be
> an issue. They're already started trading in their own currencies.
>
> Sorry for rambling.

I can only imagine how much my quality of life will drop if ever the
American dollar loses its value. However, considering some of the worst
and most destructive policies now originate there, I think it's exactly
the kind of slap in the face the West needs. The moment our civilization
moved away from God and into a philosophy of "I'm my own god," we were
doomed.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 8:10:16 AM5/15/23
They should, but they won't. The parents can't sit in a teacher's class
as far as I know.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 8:16:49 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 8:02 a.m., -hh wrote:
> On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 10:20:35 PM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
>> On 2023-05-14 7:27 p.m., RonB wrote:
>>> …
>>> I don't think they could have done anything more stupid than what they did
>>> with Mulvaney. The creator of the old Bud Light and Budweiser ads said that
>>> they destroyed in a few seconds what he had built up in over twenty years of
>>> ad campaigns. This is what you get when a Woke corporation from Belgium
>>> tries to sell beer to Americans. They're clueless.
>>
>> Everyone remembers the frog Bud-Wei-Ser ads and the "Wassup!" ones too.
>
> Thought they were pretty dumb at the time, and pretty much still do.

They are and they were, but they got the job done: Budweiser sales
increased because the brand was perceived as cool.

>> Not one person will ever talk positively of the ads with the fat Jews
>> Schumer and Rogen though.
>
> Don’t even remember either.

In one, they advocate for equal salaries between the sexes; in the
other, they advocated for homosexual marriage. Neither had anything to
do with beer.

< snip strawmen >

>> They _might_ come back, as hh- suggests.
>
> It’s merely more noise in the partisan culture war attempts by those who
> delights in being deliberately cruel, the odds are that it will be like their
> prior “boycott “ screams, where it doesn’t have any meaningful effect on
> Enterprise. FYI, similar thing applies with the ESG rants: the investment
> professionals have done their analysis and figured out where there’s ESG
> fakes (for lack of a better term) vs real..and found that following the intent
> results in stronger corporate structure and lower risk on positive returns.
> That means that the payoff isn’t “higher returns”, but that the risk is lower
> vs peers for the rate of return afforded.

Like I said, I understand that people aren't as dedicated to boycotts as
I am. Still, those brands will never get any money from me ever again.
That Gillette boycott is still ongoing.

>> I understand that people don't remember this kind of garbage like
>> I do and will buy whatever's convenient.
>
> Consumers apparently didn’t care when they supported Amazon when
> Amazon drove diapers.com out of business with (probably illegal) predatory
> pricing…

Amazon provides a certain convenience that stores can't. Especially now
when your car gets bumped into, scratched or you get to be either
verbally or physically abused by third-party assholes in a store.

-hh

May 15, 2023, 9:14:22 AM5/15/23
On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 8:16:49 AM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
> On 2023-05-15 8:02 a.m., -hh wrote:
> > On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 10:20:35 PM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
> >> …
>
> < snip strawmen >

Merely pointing out that this aspect of “counter culture” has been around
literally for decades, and still hasn’t devastated civilization.

> >> They _might_ come back, as hh- suggests.
> >
> > It’s merely more noise in the partisan culture war attempts by those who
> > delights in being deliberately cruel, the odds are that it will be like their
> > prior “boycott “ screams, where it doesn’t have any meaningful effect on
> > Enterprise. FYI, similar thing applies with the ESG rants: the investment
> > professionals have done their analysis and figured out where there’s ESG
> > fakes (for lack of a better term) vs real..and found that following the intent
> > results in stronger corporate structure and lower risk on positive returns.
> > That means that the payoff isn’t “higher returns”, but that the risk is lower
> > vs peers for the rate of return afforded.
>
> Like I said, I understand that people aren't as dedicated to boycotts as
> I am. Still, those brands will never get any money from me ever again.

That’s your prerogative. My point was that the ranting against ESG being
supposedly horrible doesn’t actually follow the Market reality.

> > Consumers apparently didn’t care when they supported Amazon when
> > Amazon drove diapers.com out of business with (probably illegal) predatory
> > pricing…
>
> Amazon provides a certain convenience that stores can't.

Except for when it doesn’t, right? After Amazon drove diapers.com
out of business, their prices on diapers online shot up because they
effectively had a monopoly.

Within the US, it’s not illlegal to be a monopoly; what’s illegal is to use that
monopoly power to harm the public .. which is precisely what Amazon did.

-hh

RonB

May 15, 2023, 10:49:32 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

> They already started trying to push the transsexual garbage in my school
> as well. Luckily though, it's only a few individuals and the
> establishment itself is not playing along... for now. I'm convinced that
> in a few years, I'll be the only person standing in the way of it.

This is worse than just anything else the Woke have been pushing. It's
diabolical. They're trying to force us to deny reality. This what torturers
do when they want to break the will of their victims. A guy can put on a
dress, mutilate himself and call himself Diane. That's up to him. But when
he demands that I call him a woman, which is bullshit, that's something I
simply won't do. That's an attack on my reason. It's brainwashing. You might
as well get a lobotomy.

> I can only imagine how much my quality of life will drop if ever the
> American dollar loses its value. However, considering some of the worst
> and most destructive policies now originate there, I think it's exactly
> the kind of slap in the face the West needs. The moment our civilization
> moved away from God and into a philosophy of "I'm my own god," we were
> doomed.

Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for the world, except for Europe)
we're due for a chastisement. Russia already went through their chastisement
during the Soviet era, now it's our turn. God will not be mocked.

For me it's not a big deal. I'm old. I worry about my kids and their kids,
though.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 10:51:00 AM5/15/23
That should be changed also. Parents should have the right to know what's
going on in their kids' classrooms.

We solved the issue by home schooling our kids. One of the best decisions we
ever made.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 11:25:12 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 9:14 a.m., -hh wrote:
> On Monday, May 15, 2023 at 8:16:49 AM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
>>
>> < snip strawmen >
>
> Merely pointing out that this aspect of “counter culture” has been around
> literally for decades, and still hasn’t devastated civilization.

That's fine, and I don't believe that conservatives refusing to buy
products from certain companies will end up bankrupting them. However,
many of us merely want them to take a significant hit to remind them
that we don't turn the other cheek for such garbage.

>>> It’s merely more noise in the partisan culture war attempts by those who
>>> delights in being deliberately cruel, the odds are that it will be like their
>>> prior “boycott “ screams, where it doesn’t have any meaningful effect on
>>> Enterprise. FYI, similar thing applies with the ESG rants: the investment
>>> professionals have done their analysis and figured out where there’s ESG
>>> fakes (for lack of a better term) vs real..and found that following the intent
>>> results in stronger corporate structure and lower risk on positive returns.
>>> That means that the payoff isn’t “higher returns”, but that the risk is lower
>>> vs peers for the rate of return afforded.
>>
>> Like I said, I understand that people aren't as dedicated to boycotts as
>> I am. Still, those brands will never get any money from me ever again.
>
> That’s your prerogative. My point was that the ranting against ESG being
> supposedly horrible doesn’t actually follow the Market reality.

I agreed that it would take at least six months for us to have a better
idea of what Budweiser's idiotic decision has done to their bottom line.

>>> Consumers apparently didn’t care when they supported Amazon when
>>> Amazon drove diapers.com out of business with (probably illegal) predatory
>>> pricing…
>>
>> Amazon provides a certain convenience that stores can't.
>
> Except for when it doesn’t, right? After Amazon drove diapers.com
> out of business, their prices on diapers online shot up because they
> effectively had a monopoly.
>
> Within the US, it’s not illlegal to be a monopoly; what’s illegal is to use that
> monopoly power to harm the public .. which is precisely what Amazon did.

I try to avoid using Amazon where there are local stores offering the
product I am looking for. I merely draw the line at going to Walmart.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 11:28:21 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 10:47 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>> They already started trying to push the transsexual garbage in my school
>> as well. Luckily though, it's only a few individuals and the
>> establishment itself is not playing along... for now. I'm convinced that
>> in a few years, I'll be the only person standing in the way of it.
>
> This is worse than just anything else the Woke have been pushing. It's
> diabolical. They're trying to force us to deny reality. This what torturers
> do when they want to break the will of their victims. A guy can put on a
> dress, mutilate himself and call himself Diane. That's up to him. But when
> he demands that I call him a woman, which is bullshit, that's something I
> simply won't do. That's an attack on my reason. It's brainwashing. You might
> as well get a lobotomy.

I know that there will come a time when I will be told that I will have
to refer to a guy who doesn't look anything like a woman as "Sheila" or
whatever. Some teachers resist it by refusing to use his choice of
pronouns, others call the person by their name instead. Me, I will
simply refuse to refer to them. They might get a "you" from me while I'm
pointing at them, that's about it.

>> I can only imagine how much my quality of life will drop if ever the
>> American dollar loses its value. However, considering some of the worst
>> and most destructive policies now originate there, I think it's exactly
>> the kind of slap in the face the West needs. The moment our civilization
>> moved away from God and into a philosophy of "I'm my own god," we were
>> doomed.
>
> Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for the world, except for Europe)
> we're due for a chastisement. Russia already went through their chastisement
> during the Soviet era, now it's our turn. God will not be mocked.
>
> For me it's not a big deal. I'm old. I worry about my kids and their kids,
> though.

Unfortunately, I'm not old _enough_ to be spared this idiocy. I'm still
sixteen years away from my retirement.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 11:33:31 AM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 10:50 a.m., RonB wrote:

>>> They should get the parents together and have one sit in EVERY class he
>>> teaches from now on, until he's gone.
>>
>> They should, but they won't. The parents can't sit in a teacher's class
>> as far as I know.
>
> That should be changed also. Parents should have the right to know what's
> going on in their kids' classrooms.
>
> We solved the issue by home schooling our kids. One of the best decisions we
> ever made.

I hide nothing from the parents. When I put in a grade, I put it online
for them to see and complain about. If they're wondering what the work
was, I include the pages of the workbook in the name of the assignment.
If they have questions, I invite them to send me an e-mail whenever they
wish. My approach to teaching is the same as the developers of free
software: here is what I wrote, feel free to comment. We all get better
with constructive criticism. There are no secrets to anything I do, even
the movies or TV shows I might use have been ripped for their
consultation and reviewing.

I believe in transparency. I believe that's why I've always been drawn
to open-source.

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 1:01:43 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 05:02:02 -0700 (PDT), -hh wrote:

> On Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 10:20:35 PM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
>> On 2023-05-14 7:27 p.m., RonB wrote:
>> > …
>> > I don't think they could have done anything more stupid than what
>> > they did with Mulvaney. The creator of the old Bud Light and
>> > Budweiser ads said that they destroyed in a few seconds what he had
>> > built up in over twenty years of ad campaigns. This is what you get
>> > when a Woke corporation from Belgium tries to sell beer to Americans.
>> > They're clueless.
>>
>> Everyone remembers the frog Bud-Wei-Ser ads and the "Wassup!" ones too.

Like many apps ours can be configured to play .wav files for various
events. One of the QA people use the frog .wav file when he tested the
functionality. That got old fast.

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 1:12:52 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 11:24:20 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> I try to avoid using Amazon where there are local stores offering the
> product I am looking for. I merely draw the line at going to Walmart.

I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. The truth is this is a small
market and many products I'm looking for aren't available. I also have a
severe Kindle addiction. I'm familiar with other ebook sources, Caliber,
and so forth but it's so easy...

I go into Walmart once a year or so. They are my last resort for something
I can't find elsewhere in town. Usually they don't have it either so it's
off to Amazon.

I've had local merchants tell me 'I could order it but you know how to use
the internet.' They've pruned the inventory to what moves in the local
market and realize they can't compete with on-line. The most bizarre case
was a book I was looking for it the local Barnes & Noble brick and mortar.
They could order it and it would be full price. I ordered it online for
10% off, free shipping.

Nux Vomica

May 15, 2023, 4:15:41 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 11:31:03 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> I believe in transparency.

Haaaaa, heeee, har, har, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

You are like a drinking glass. Transparent and totally
empty.

Heeeeee, haaaaa, har, har, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

> I believe that's why I've always been drawn
> to open-source.

Well, how nice [snicker, snicker].

But guess what.

Open-source (FOSS) is _not_ drawn to an asshole like YOU.

So GTFO. Scram. Shoo. Beat it. Vamoose.

You fucking FOSS phony.

We need more militant GNU/Linux advocates on this NG so
that we can really start kicking fucking ass.

And your wimpy ass can be easily kicked by a fucking Girl
Scout.

Haaaaa, heeee, har, har, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

--
Nux Vomica

Nux knows. You don't.

So don't even fucking try.

Nux Vomica

May 15, 2023, 5:45:17 PM5/15/23
On 15 May 2023 17:11:10 GMT, rbowman wrote:

> I also have a severe Kindle addiction.

What a fucking ignoramus asshole!

I can obtain any fucking book published in the last
30 fucking years absolutely free of ... EVERYTHING.

Haaaaa, heeee, ha, ha, ha, har, har, ha, ha, ha!

Make a donation to my cause 'cause you're a fucking
helpless fucking retard.

Amazon asks and you give.

I now ask and you'd better give like the fucking
retard that you are.

Give me.

Give me.

Haaaaa, heeee, ha, ha, ha, har, har, ha, ha, ha!

--
Nux Vomica

He knows. You don't.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 6:35:15 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 1:11 p.m., rbowman wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2023 11:24:20 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:
>
>> I try to avoid using Amazon where there are local stores offering the
>> product I am looking for. I merely draw the line at going to Walmart.
>
> I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. The truth is this is a small
> market and many products I'm looking for aren't available. I also have a
> severe Kindle addiction. I'm familiar with other ebook sources, Caliber,
> and so forth but it's so easy...

The Amazon Kindle devices themselves are fantastic. When I lost my last
one, I bought a Kobo and removed the DRM from my Amazon purchases to put
my books on the new device, but the hardware is just not as good.
Amazon's is more responsive and even their worst offerings have a better
screen. Still, I won't go back; I don't trust Amazon not to censor.

> I go into Walmart once a year or so. They are my last resort for something
> I can't find elsewhere in town. Usually they don't have it either so it's
> off to Amazon.
>
> I've had local merchants tell me 'I could order it but you know how to use
> the internet.' They've pruned the inventory to what moves in the local
> market and realize they can't compete with on-line. The most bizarre case
> was a book I was looking for it the local Barnes & Noble brick and mortar.
> They could order it and it would be full price. I ordered it online for
> 10% off, free shipping.

A lot of the stuff I want to buy is also only available at Amazon. Skin
products, for example, can either be purchased there or I could venture
to the mall not too far from here, get into Sephora and walk amongst
some of the most deranged freaks I've seen, then wait ten minutes in
line even if there is only one person ahead of me, and finally walk back
to my car somewhere in the parking hoping not to get mugged, stabbed or
raped in this heavily-criminal area.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 6:36:36 PM5/15/23
You're an embarrassment to Poles everywhere, Larry.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 7:00:20 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
> On 2023-05-15 10:47 a.m., RonB wrote:
>> On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>>
>>> They already started trying to push the transsexual garbage in my school
>>> as well. Luckily though, it's only a few individuals and the
>>> establishment itself is not playing along... for now. I'm convinced that
>>> in a few years, I'll be the only person standing in the way of it.
>>
>> This is worse than just anything else the Woke have been pushing. It's
>> diabolical. They're trying to force us to deny reality. This what torturers
>> do when they want to break the will of their victims. A guy can put on a
>> dress, mutilate himself and call himself Diane. That's up to him. But when
>> he demands that I call him a woman, which is bullshit, that's something I
>> simply won't do. That's an attack on my reason. It's brainwashing. You might
>> as well get a lobotomy.
>
> I know that there will come a time when I will be told that I will have
> to refer to a guy who doesn't look anything like a woman as "Sheila" or
> whatever. Some teachers resist it by refusing to use his choice of
> pronouns, others call the person by their name instead. Me, I will
> simply refuse to refer to them. They might get a "you" from me while I'm
> pointing at them, that's about it.

I'm glad I'm past working age. I probably wouldn't have a job. The "you"
tactic is probably as good any. For fun you could call him "Mr. Sheila."

>>> I can only imagine how much my quality of life will drop if ever the
>>> American dollar loses its value. However, considering some of the worst
>>> and most destructive policies now originate there, I think it's exactly
>>> the kind of slap in the face the West needs. The moment our civilization
>>> moved away from God and into a philosophy of "I'm my own god," we were
>>> doomed.
>>
>> Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for the world, except for Europe)
>> we're due for a chastisement. Russia already went through their chastisement
>> during the Soviet era, now it's our turn. God will not be mocked.
>>
>> For me it's not a big deal. I'm old. I worry about my kids and their kids,
>> though.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not old _enough_ to be spared this idiocy. I'm still
> sixteen years away from my retirement.

I know, I'm sorry. And Canada seems even further immersed in this Woke,
transgender horseshit than is the United States.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 7:00:52 PM5/15/23
Unfortunately I think you're a rarity in the teaching field. Maybe not.
Maybe it's just the rotten eggs that stink up the place.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 7:08:22 PM5/15/23
I hate the way some corporations hamstring their local stores. When I go to
Office Depot (for one) they almost always tell me, "we can order for it
you." I don't say it, but what I think is... "If I wanted to order it online
I would have already done it." I think some of these corporations purposely
hamstring their brick & mortar stores to "prove" that they are not
sustainable. If not on purpose, that's definitely the way it works out. If
you keep going to a store that never has what you want in stock, you quit
going to that store.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 7:12:52 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
> On 2023-05-15 1:11 p.m., rbowman wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 May 2023 11:24:20 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:
>>
>>> I try to avoid using Amazon where there are local stores offering the
>>> product I am looking for. I merely draw the line at going to Walmart.
>>
>> I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. The truth is this is a small
>> market and many products I'm looking for aren't available. I also have a
>> severe Kindle addiction. I'm familiar with other ebook sources, Caliber,
>> and so forth but it's so easy...
>
> The Amazon Kindle devices themselves are fantastic. When I lost my last
> one, I bought a Kobo and removed the DRM from my Amazon purchases to put
> my books on the new device, but the hardware is just not as good.
> Amazon's is more responsive and even their worst offerings have a better
> screen. Still, I won't go back; I don't trust Amazon not to censor.

Agreed on Kindle vs Kobo build quality. I mostly use a PocketBook now
(because of its features). The screen is good but the build doesn't match
Kindle's. I just put in a good case and it works fine. Battery life is much
better than Kindle, however. (Probably because it shuts off all the way
after so many minutes, instead of staying in sleep mode.)

>> I go into Walmart once a year or so. They are my last resort for something
>> I can't find elsewhere in town. Usually they don't have it either so it's
>> off to Amazon.
>>
>> I've had local merchants tell me 'I could order it but you know how to use
>> the internet.' They've pruned the inventory to what moves in the local
>> market and realize they can't compete with on-line. The most bizarre case
>> was a book I was looking for it the local Barnes & Noble brick and mortar.
>> They could order it and it would be full price. I ordered it online for
>> 10% off, free shipping.
>
> A lot of the stuff I want to buy is also only available at Amazon. Skin
> products, for example, can either be purchased there or I could venture
> to the mall not too far from here, get into Sephora and walk amongst
> some of the most deranged freaks I've seen, then wait ten minutes in
> line even if there is only one person ahead of me, and finally walk back
> to my car somewhere in the parking hoping not to get mugged, stabbed or
> raped in this heavily-criminal area.

RonB

May 15, 2023, 7:18:38 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15, rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:
I found out that Budweiser wasn't even the first to use frogs saying the
beer's name. Ranier did it earlier. But all they did was have pond and the
sound of frogs croaking "Ranier." Not nearly as effective. I can see where
it would be irritating as a sound test... but not irritating as the
"Wassup!" ones. I must have missed that era of advertising, thankfully. (Or
maybe I just put them out of my head.)

The Budweiser lizards were probably more responsible for the success of
those ads then were the frogs.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 7:28:51 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 6:58 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> This is worse than just anything else the Woke have been pushing. It's
>>> diabolical. They're trying to force us to deny reality. This what torturers
>>> do when they want to break the will of their victims. A guy can put on a
>>> dress, mutilate himself and call himself Diane. That's up to him. But when
>>> he demands that I call him a woman, which is bullshit, that's something I
>>> simply won't do. That's an attack on my reason. It's brainwashing. You might
>>> as well get a lobotomy.
>>
>> I know that there will come a time when I will be told that I will have
>> to refer to a guy who doesn't look anything like a woman as "Sheila" or
>> whatever. Some teachers resist it by refusing to use his choice of
>> pronouns, others call the person by their name instead. Me, I will
>> simply refuse to refer to them. They might get a "you" from me while I'm
>> pointing at them, that's about it.
>
> I'm glad I'm past working age. I probably wouldn't have a job. The "you"
> tactic is probably as good any. For fun you could call him "Mr. Sheila."

Such a thing would put me on every newspaper in Canada and have them
treat me like some war criminal since the media depends on the
government to pay the bills. Our government effectively bought the
media, forcing the more enlightened people in the population to spend a
little extra to get news from independent sources.

>>> Unfortunately for us (but fortunately for the world, except for Europe)
>>> we're due for a chastisement. Russia already went through their chastisement
>>> during the Soviet era, now it's our turn. God will not be mocked.
>>>
>>> For me it's not a big deal. I'm old. I worry about my kids and their kids,
>>> though.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I'm not old _enough_ to be spared this idiocy. I'm still
>> sixteen years away from my retirement.
>
> I know, I'm sorry. And Canada seems even further immersed in this Woke,
> transgender horseshit than is the United States.

The whole country is, and Ontario is probably the worst of the lot. I
pray that my wife's job never forces her to move there.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 7:30:52 PM5/15/23
There are _tons_ of Communists in the teaching field, and they seem to
be able to detect that I am not part of their camp. I don't even care
anymore. I don't talk to those losers anyway.

rabidPedagog

May 15, 2023, 7:31:36 PM5/15/23
On 2023-05-15 7:11 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon. The truth is this is a small
>>> market and many products I'm looking for aren't available. I also have a
>>> severe Kindle addiction. I'm familiar with other ebook sources, Caliber,
>>> and so forth but it's so easy...
>>
>> The Amazon Kindle devices themselves are fantastic. When I lost my last
>> one, I bought a Kobo and removed the DRM from my Amazon purchases to put
>> my books on the new device, but the hardware is just not as good.
>> Amazon's is more responsive and even their worst offerings have a better
>> screen. Still, I won't go back; I don't trust Amazon not to censor.
>
> Agreed on Kindle vs Kobo build quality. I mostly use a PocketBook now
> (because of its features). The screen is good but the build doesn't match
> Kindle's. I just put in a good case and it works fine. Battery life is much
> better than Kindle, however. (Probably because it shuts off all the way
> after so many minutes, instead of staying in sleep mode.)

I always pressed power an extra-long time to make sure that the units
shut completely off. I know very well how long batteries are useful for
and how they become paperweight after a certain number of charges, so I
keep them off when I'm not using them. This whole "let's let it sleep"
Apple zealot mentality is incompatible with me

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 10:19:04 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 23:07:12 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> I hate the way some corporations hamstring their local stores. When I go
> to Office Depot (for one) they almost always tell me, "we can order for
> it you." I don't say it, but what I think is... "If I wanted to order it
> online I would have already done it." I think some of these corporations
> purposely hamstring their brick & mortar stores to "prove" that they are
> not sustainable. If not on purpose, that's definitely the way it works
> out. If you keep going to a store that never has what you want in stock,
> you quit going to that store.

Some have integrated the process better than others. Last year I bought a
deck box from Ace. They didn't have it in store, but I ordered it from
their website, and it was delivered to the store. They emailed me when it
arrived a couple of days after the order. There are too many styles and
sizes of deck boxes to stock locally but if it is a seamless process that
works for me.

The opposite was after I bought a Toyota in 2007. The car came without a
radio so I went to the local shop specializing in vehicle sound systems.
The Yaris was a new model at the time and they said they didn't have the
dash kit but could make something fit. I got the Metra part number from
the Yaris forum and gave it to them. They ordered it from a warehouse in
AZ. The shipment came, no kit. They ordered it from Spokane. After a few
more days, no kit.

At that point I said 'Thanks for trying', went home, and ordered the kit,
the harness, and the radio* from Amazon. Two days later the box was on my
porch. Thanks to the forum I had the step by step photo instructions on
how to peel all the plastic off the dash. Installation took about an hour.
Unlike the old days Toyota puts the speakers into every car whether there
is a radio or not.

They're still in business so apparently they don't turn every installation
into a charlie foxtrot.

* in 2007 'radio' was a radio and CD or USB player. In my 2018 it's a
'infotainment center' and I doubt it's even an option.

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 10:38:00 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 22:58:55 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On 2023-05-15, rabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> This is worse than just anything else the Woke have been pushing. It's
>>> diabolical. They're trying to force us to deny reality. This what
>>> torturers do when they want to break the will of their victims. A guy
>>> can put on a dress, mutilate himself and call himself Diane. That's up
>>> to him. But when he demands that I call him a woman, which is
>>> bullshit, that's something I simply won't do. That's an attack on my
>>> reason. It's brainwashing. You might as well get a lobotomy.
>>
>> I know that there will come a time when I will be told that I will have
>> to refer to a guy who doesn't look anything like a woman as "Sheila" or
>> whatever. Some teachers resist it by refusing to use his choice of
>> pronouns, others call the person by their name instead. Me, I will
>> simply refuse to refer to them. They might get a "you" from me while
>> I'm pointing at them, that's about it.
>
> I'm glad I'm past working age. I probably wouldn't have a job. The "you"
> tactic is probably as good any. For fun you could call him "Mr. Sheila."

The only one I had any personal contact with was in the ham club. There
was a guy who was interested in packet radio which was fairly interesting
in the '90s. Since it was before cheap cell phones most of the members
were focused on communicating via the 2m repeater or the traditional HF
crowd and would groan when Bill would go off on packet but I was playing
around with the TAPR interface.

I moved on to other things and stopped making the meetings. A few years
later the club was providing comms for the First Night event and I ran
into a woman I knew. As we talked I asked how Bill was only to find he was
alive, well and Wilma. This was early 2000s, not the current fad, and well
before Bruce Jenner.

I later did go to a meeting and there was Wilma. A burly, not particularly
handsome, middle-aged male nerd had transformed into a burly, not very
fetching, middle-aged female nerd.

It didn't cost me anything to play along with the game. The other members
still groaned when Wilma got the floor because some things never change.
Still, it left me puzzled.

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 10:43:24 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 19:28:43 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> The whole country is, and Ontario is probably the worst of the lot. I
> pray that my wife's job never forces her to move there.

Alberta seems to still be relatively sane, but then if Alberta and Montana
wanted to join forces and wave goodbye to the folks back east I'd be all
for it.

rbowman

May 15, 2023, 11:24:37 PM5/15/23
On Mon, 15 May 2023 18:34:08 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> The Amazon Kindle devices themselves are fantastic. When I lost my last
> one, I bought a Kobo and removed the DRM from my Amazon purchases to put
> my books on the new device, but the hardware is just not as good.
> Amazon's is more responsive and even their worst offerings have a better
> screen. Still, I won't go back; I don't trust Amazon not to censor.

I've got a couple of books they no longer sell but they haven't
disappeared from the devices. iirc there were a couple of problems with
copyright violations where they did claw back the material. I've only read
a few of his essays and not his books but Jim Goad's are still listed.
Some authors have complained about their books being dropped.

> A lot of the stuff I want to buy is also only available at Amazon. Skin
> products, for example, can either be purchased there or I could venture
> to the mall not too far from here, get into Sephora and walk amongst
> some of the most deranged freaks I've seen, then wait ten minutes in
> line even if there is only one person ahead of me, and finally walk back
> to my car somewhere in the parking hoping not to get mugged, stabbed or
> raped in this heavily-criminal area.

The last time I ventured into our mall was when Scheels sporting goods
opened. It's sort of an appendage so I walked through to see what was
left. I liked Sears Craftsmen tool but Sears is long gone so that's not a
draw. Walden Books and B. Dalton were also casualties.

There isn't much danger of getting mugged, stabbed, or raped in the
parking lot though. If apprehensive, you could always stop at Scheels and
armor up.

rabidPedagog

May 16, 2023, 7:52:11 AM5/16/23
Alberta is lost too. The province arrested a pastor simply for feeding
the poor, the same pastor for having an outside sermon, and another
pastor for protesting drag queen story hour. The authoritarian leftists
are pushing their degeneracy on everyone and aren't afraid to use the
police force to do so.

rabidPedagog

May 16, 2023, 7:59:48 AM5/16/23
On 2023-05-15 11:22 p.m., rbowman wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2023 18:34:08 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:
>

>> The Amazon Kindle devices themselves are fantastic. When I lost my last
>> one, I bought a Kobo and removed the DRM from my Amazon purchases to put
>> my books on the new device, but the hardware is just not as good.
>> Amazon's is more responsive and even their worst offerings have a better
>> screen. Still, I won't go back; I don't trust Amazon not to censor.
>
> I've got a couple of books they no longer sell but they haven't
> disappeared from the devices. iirc there were a couple of problems with
> copyright violations where they did claw back the material. I've only read
> a few of his essays and not his books but Jim Goad's are still listed.
> Some authors have complained about their books being dropped.

That's one of the reasons why I try to remove the DRM from any purchase
I make as quickly as possible and re-upload the material onto my device
of choice. They can remove the stuff that's seen as being theirs, but
they can't remove something that the machine believes is entirely mine.

>> A lot of the stuff I want to buy is also only available at Amazon. Skin
>> products, for example, can either be purchased there or I could venture
>> to the mall not too far from here, get into Sephora and walk amongst
>> some of the most deranged freaks I've seen, then wait ten minutes in
>> line even if there is only one person ahead of me, and finally walk back
>> to my car somewhere in the parking hoping not to get mugged, stabbed or
>> raped in this heavily-criminal area.
>
> The last time I ventured into our mall was when Scheels sporting goods
> opened. It's sort of an appendage so I walked through to see what was
> left. I liked Sears Craftsmen tool but Sears is long gone so that's not a
> draw. Walden Books and B. Dalton were also casualties.
>
> There isn't much danger of getting mugged, stabbed, or raped in the
> parking lot though. If apprehensive, you could always stop at Scheels and
> armor up.

Armouring up is becoming a necessity here. Whether people want to admit
it to themselves or not, if your area of town becomes affordable to the
black community, it simultaneously becomes a haven for every sort of
crime imaginable. A good chunk of the properties on my street are
nowhere near their price range, but they have social projects not too
far as well as run-down apartment buildings. The result is that you see
a lot of thugs walking the beautiful, riverside street around here.

I imagine that people I've blocked will chime in and say something along
the lines of "just because they look like thugs doesn't mean they are."
Nevertheless, the place has become a haven for car thefts in the middle
of the night by the same people, they steal your catalytic converter at
the very least and they have break-ins. Just the other day, I was asleep
at 11:30pm or so when my wife heard a doorbell. She didn't answer,
obviously, but a bunch of these primates decided that they'd leave a box
on our porch, hide their faces from our doorbell camera as they rang,
and try to bait us into "picking up the package" so that they could
break in. We didn't take the bait, mostly because my wife is on a
Facebook group for this town where citizens talk about the crimes being
committed.

It's a beautiful place which has unfortunately become a sort of shithole
because everyone thought that it was "racist" to point out that there is
a direct correlation between a person's skin colour and their desire to
break the law.

-hh

May 16, 2023, 8:33:36 AM5/16/23
On Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 7:52:11 AM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:

> Alberta is lost too. The province arrested a pastor simply for feeding
> the poor, the same pastor for having an outside sermon, and another
> pastor for protesting drag queen story hour. The authoritarian leftists
> are pushing their degeneracy on everyone and aren't afraid to use the
> police force to do so.

Leftists? You sure about that? Because the last I checked, Alberta
was the socially most *conservative* Canadian province.

The only record I can find of a pastor arrested for an "outside sermon"
was Arthur Pawlowski, for repeatedly flagrantly violating public health
orders for services *inside* a church (and no masks/etc) in Calgary back
in May 2021, which was during CA's second big CoVid surge. He also
went on to cause mischief for encouraging truckers to continue blocking
the Canada-U.S. border crossing - - TL;DR: he's a MAGA asshat who was
too far right even for Canada's most socially conservative province.

-hh

DFS

May 16, 2023, 9:53:44 AM5/16/23
On 5/15/2023 5:45 PM, Larry "Nux Vomica" Pietraskiewicz wrote:

> I can obtain any fucking book published in the last
> 30 fucking years absolutely free of ... EVERYTHING.

liar

rabidPedagog

May 16, 2023, 10:20:06 AM5/16/23
On 2023-05-16 8:33 a.m., -hh wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 7:52:11 AM UTC-4, rabidPedagog wrote:
>>
>> Alberta is lost too. The province arrested a pastor simply for feeding
>> the poor, the same pastor for having an outside sermon, and another
>> pastor for protesting drag queen story hour. The authoritarian leftists
>> are pushing their degeneracy on everyone and aren't afraid to use the
>> police force to do so.
>
> Leftists? You sure about that? Because the last I checked, Alberta
> was the socially most *conservative* Canadian province.

They're conservative in name only, just like the ones in the United
Kingdom and the federal party. If ever you have the chance to watch a
debate between all of the official federal parties here in Canada
(except the People's Party because they were considered racist without
evidence), you'll know that they all believe the exact same thing.

> The only record I can find of a pastor arrested for an "outside sermon"
> was Arthur Pawlowski, for repeatedly flagrantly violating public health
> orders for services *inside* a church (and no masks/etc) in Calgary back
> in May 2021, which was during CA's second big CoVid surge. He also
> went on to cause mischief for encouraging truckers to continue blocking
> the Canada-U.S. border crossing - - TL;DR: he's a MAGA asshat who was
> too far right even for Canada's most socially conservative province.

Look up Derek Reimer, since you obviously know a lot more about this
than everyone else here.

rbowman

May 16, 2023, 12:01:17 PM5/16/23
On Tue, 16 May 2023 07:59:43 -0400, rabidPedagog wrote:

> Armouring up is becoming a necessity here. Whether people want to admit
> it to themselves or not, if your area of town becomes affordable to the
> black community, it simultaneously becomes a haven for every sort of
> crime imaginable.

Blacks comprise 0.56% of the population in this state so there isn't a
black community. The largest non-white group is the Native Americans at
6.2%. Sadly, they are mostly a danger to themselves. It's been dramatized
in TV shows like Longmire and Yellowstone. Jurisdictions on reservations
are chaotic so crimes, particularly against women, get swept under the
rug.

It is loading more messages.