Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

OT: While supplies last, Black Friday deals

266 views
Skip to first unread message

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 7:04:29 PM11/24/23
to
<https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>

- Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
- FastestVPN Pro: Lifetime subscription for 15 devices for $39.99
- Amaryllo Cloud Storage (100GB): Lifetime subscription for $29.99

Enjoy.

--
RabidPedagog
TG: @RabidPedagog
Just say no to Linux

Joel

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 7:23:34 PM11/24/23
to
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

><https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>
>- Windows 11 Pro for $22.97


I've offered a retail license to the first person who asks. The kind,
unlike Bleeping Computer, that you can indeed transfer to different
hardware, or move to a VM.

--
Joel W. Crump

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 8:36:45 PM11/24/23
to
I bought Office there for around $40. It's tied to my Microsoft account
and I am free to install the suite on whichever computer is my main
machine at any given time. As for the Windows license, I doubt very
strongly that you wouldn't be able to transfer it to a new machine once
you've retired the machine which originally used it.

--
RabidPedagog
TG: @RabidPedagog
Only you can prevent Linux installs

Joel

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 8:52:34 PM11/24/23
to
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> <https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>>>
>>> - Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
>>
>> I've offered a retail license to the first person who asks. The kind,
>> unlike Bleeping Computer, that you can indeed transfer to different
>> hardware, or move to a VM.
>
>I bought Office there for around $40. It's tied to my Microsoft account
>and I am free to install the suite on whichever computer is my main
>machine at any given time. As for the Windows license, I doubt very
>strongly that you wouldn't be able to transfer it to a new machine once
>you've retired the machine which originally used it.


You actually have a point about the MS account, mine is actually tied
to mine, but I can remove it from the account when I give away the
key, truly re-using it with a new user.

--
Joel W. Crump

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 9:24:31 PM11/24/23
to
I don't think you can remove the Office license from the account, but
the Windows license itself should not be an issue. The only licenses
that are tied to hardware are the ones provided by the manufacturer of
the machine itself. Any purchase of a retail Microsoft operating system,
whether from Microsoft directly, Staples or some online retailer, is
yours and can be attached to a single machine of your choosing at a time.

Joel

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 10:06:10 PM11/24/23
to
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>>>> <https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>>>>>
>>>>> - Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
>>>>
>>>> I've offered a retail license to the first person who asks. The kind,
>>>> unlike Bleeping Computer, that you can indeed transfer to different
>>>> hardware, or move to a VM.
>>>
>>> I bought Office there for around $40. It's tied to my Microsoft account
>>> and I am free to install the suite on whichever computer is my main
>>> machine at any given time. As for the Windows license, I doubt very
>>> strongly that you wouldn't be able to transfer it to a new machine once
>>> you've retired the machine which originally used it.
>>
>> You actually have a point about the MS account, mine is actually tied
>> to mine, but I can remove it from the account when I give away the
>> key, truly re-using it with a new user.
>
>I don't think you can remove the Office license from the account, but
>the Windows license itself should not be an issue.


I definitely never had Office.


> The only licenses
>that are tied to hardware are the ones provided by the manufacturer of
>the machine itself.


The stickers with product keys on OEM devices used to be transferable
(without product support), but I suppose a digital license in firmware
really is just embedded literally in the one device.


> Any purchase of a retail Microsoft operating system,
>whether from Microsoft directly, Staples or some online retailer, is
>yours and can be attached to a single machine of your choosing at a time.


If the license were really where their monitoring, of your use of
their brilliant OS, ended, I'd be more impressed, frankly, for me it
was never an issue, I had nothing to hide, was even willing to stop
pirating music from Usenet binaries, something they clearly wouldn't
ask everyone to do, people talk about using torrents under Win11. But
Linux is just an OS, not a manufactured environment.

--
Joel W. Crump

DFS

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 10:54:59 PM11/24/23
to
I'll take the Win11 license if it's still available.

Send details to dfs_...@outlook.com

Thanks!



Joel

unread,
Nov 24, 2023, 11:43:41 PM11/24/23
to
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>> I've offered a retail license to the first person who asks. The kind,
>> unlike Bleeping Computer, that you can indeed transfer to different
>> hardware, or move to a VM.
>
>I'll take the Win11 license if it's still available.
>
>Send details to dfs_...@outlook.com
>
>Thanks!


It's all taken care of in the email, sent from joe...@hotmail.com.

--
Joel W. Crump

Relf

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 1:55:19 AM11/25/23
to
Usenet gains 220 TeraBytes each Day.

NewsDemon.COM/usenet-newsgroup-feed-size

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 8:55:07 AM11/25/23
to
On 2023-11-24 10:06 p.m., Joel wrote:
> RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>>>>>> <https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
>>>>>
>>>>> I've offered a retail license to the first person who asks. The kind,
>>>>> unlike Bleeping Computer, that you can indeed transfer to different
>>>>> hardware, or move to a VM.
>>>>
>>>> I bought Office there for around $40. It's tied to my Microsoft account
>>>> and I am free to install the suite on whichever computer is my main
>>>> machine at any given time. As for the Windows license, I doubt very
>>>> strongly that you wouldn't be able to transfer it to a new machine once
>>>> you've retired the machine which originally used it.
>>>
>>> You actually have a point about the MS account, mine is actually tied
>>> to mine, but I can remove it from the account when I give away the
>>> key, truly re-using it with a new user.
>>
>> I don't think you can remove the Office license from the account, but
>> the Windows license itself should not be an issue.
>
>
> I definitely never had Office.

Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
doing so the way that LibreOffice does.

>> The only licenses
>> that are tied to hardware are the ones provided by the manufacturer of
>> the machine itself.
>
> The stickers with product keys on OEM devices used to be transferable
> (without product support), but I suppose a digital license in firmware
> really is just embedded literally in the one device.

I don't believe the OEM keys were ever transferable. They were keys
which came at a lower cost and there would be no reason for Microsoft to
allow people to re-use them. If a license is meant to cost $150 or so
and the manufacturer got it for $50, why would the end-user have the
right to treat it like a key worth three times that amount. I would love
for you to prove this.

>> Any purchase of a retail Microsoft operating system,
>> whether from Microsoft directly, Staples or some online retailer, is
>> yours and can be attached to a single machine of your choosing at a time.
>
> If the license were really where their monitoring, of your use of
> their brilliant OS, ended, I'd be more impressed, frankly, for me it
> was never an issue, I had nothing to hide, was even willing to stop
> pirating music from Usenet binaries, something they clearly wouldn't
> ask everyone to do, people talk about using torrents under Win11. But
> Linux is just an OS, not a manufactured environment.

Much like you, music used to be the biggest part of what was on my
storage device at any given time. However, Apple Music has rendered it
pure idiocy to even own music anymore. You can add whatever song or
album you want at any time for a low monthly fee, and in exchange you
get sound which is superior to what you would have extracted from a CD.
Whether you use the compressed version or the lossless version of the
music, they both sound better than an MP3 or a FLAC because the codec
Apple provides for lossy music is superior to every other one and their
lossless music is not 16-bit 44KHz but 24-bit 192KHz. I will gladly pay
the equivalent of a single album's price for that.

Joel

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 12:24:00 PM11/25/23
to
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>> I definitely never had Office.
>
>Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
>essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
>fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
>doing so the way that LibreOffice does.


I've used OO/LO for 20 years, they've been superb. I had used Office
2000 and earlier, that was a family copy, but once the 500 MHz became
just my computer, I didn't stay with Office.


>>> The only licenses
>>> that are tied to hardware are the ones provided by the manufacturer of
>>> the machine itself.
>>
>> The stickers with product keys on OEM devices used to be transferable
>> (without product support), but I suppose a digital license in firmware
>> really is just embedded literally in the one device.
>
>I don't believe the OEM keys were ever transferable. They were keys
>which came at a lower cost and there would be no reason for Microsoft to
>allow people to re-use them. If a license is meant to cost $150 or so
>and the manufacturer got it for $50, why would the end-user have the
>right to treat it like a key worth three times that amount. I would love
>for you to prove this.


Well, it really was an individual product key, but as I said once you
transfer an OEM license, it's without product support the same way a
System Builder license for a self-assembled machine would be, neither
Microsoft nor any OEM has any obligation to you, beyond updates. The
retail key I gave DFS, though, includes M$ product support, not that
it's worth anything whatsoever to any of us, but it's just part of how
it really is a free and clear key, since I removed my machine from my
Microsoft account and the Store. The key is brand new, again, valid
for Win10 or 11 Pro, bare metal or VM, Intel/AMD or ARM.


>Much like you, music used to be the biggest part of what was on my
>storage device at any given time. However, Apple Music has rendered it
>pure idiocy to even own music anymore. You can add whatever song or
>album you want at any time for a low monthly fee, and in exchange you
>get sound which is superior to what you would have extracted from a CD.
>Whether you use the compressed version or the lossless version of the
>music, they both sound better than an MP3 or a FLAC because the codec
>Apple provides for lossy music is superior to every other one and their
>lossless music is not 16-bit 44KHz but 24-bit 192KHz. I will gladly pay
>the equivalent of a single album's price for that.


It's interesting, but I'm really not going to subscribe to anything
from Apple, I have SiriusXM streaming radio which I adore, and I can
buy new MP3s from Amazon, since I don't add more pirated material to
my collection anymore.

--
Joel W. Crump

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 7:33:17 PM11/25/23
to
On 2023-11-25 12:23 p.m., Joel wrote:
> RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>>> I definitely never had Office.
>>
>> Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
>> essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
>> fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
>> doing so the way that LibreOffice does.
>
>
> I've used OO/LO for 20 years, they've been superb. I had used Office
> 2000 and earlier, that was a family copy, but once the 500 MHz became
> just my computer, I didn't stay with Office.

I can't imagine you needing any kind of complex features so I can see
why OO/LO did the job.

>>>> The only licenses
>>>> that are tied to hardware are the ones provided by the manufacturer of
>>>> the machine itself.
>>>
>>> The stickers with product keys on OEM devices used to be transferable
>>> (without product support), but I suppose a digital license in firmware
>>> really is just embedded literally in the one device.
>>
>> I don't believe the OEM keys were ever transferable. They were keys
>> which came at a lower cost and there would be no reason for Microsoft to
>> allow people to re-use them. If a license is meant to cost $150 or so
>> and the manufacturer got it for $50, why would the end-user have the
>> right to treat it like a key worth three times that amount. I would love
>> for you to prove this.
>
>
> Well, it really was an individual product key, but as I said once you
> transfer an OEM license, it's without product support the same way a
> System Builder license for a self-assembled machine would be, neither
> Microsoft nor any OEM has any obligation to you, beyond updates. The
> retail key I gave DFS, though, includes M$ product support, not that
> it's worth anything whatsoever to any of us, but it's just part of how
> it really is a free and clear key, since I removed my machine from my
> Microsoft account and the Store. The key is brand new, again, valid
> for Win10 or 11 Pro, bare metal or VM, Intel/AMD or ARM.

That was mighty generous of you to give him a product key.

>> Much like you, music used to be the biggest part of what was on my
>> storage device at any given time. However, Apple Music has rendered it
>> pure idiocy to even own music anymore. You can add whatever song or
>> album you want at any time for a low monthly fee, and in exchange you
>> get sound which is superior to what you would have extracted from a CD.
>> Whether you use the compressed version or the lossless version of the
>> music, they both sound better than an MP3 or a FLAC because the codec
>> Apple provides for lossy music is superior to every other one and their
>> lossless music is not 16-bit 44KHz but 24-bit 192KHz. I will gladly pay
>> the equivalent of a single album's price for that.
>
> It's interesting, but I'm really not going to subscribe to anything
> from Apple, I have SiriusXM streaming radio which I adore, and I can
> buy new MP3s from Amazon, since I don't add more pirated material to
> my collection anymore.

I don't believe in having pirated material.

--
RabidPedagog
TG: @RabidPedagog
Winners don't run Linux

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 7:51:05 PM11/25/23
to
On 11/24/2023 7:36 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:
> As for the Windows license, I doubt very strongly that you wouldn't be
> able to transfer it to a new machine once you've retired the machine
> which originally used it.


I think I have done that many times, but I took the HD to the new ones.

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 7:55:07 PM11/25/23
to
On 11/25/2023 7:54 AM, RabidPedagog wrote:
> Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
> essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
> fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
> doing so the way that LibreOffice does.


Then LibreOffice can save his life.

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 8:38:16 PM11/25/23
to
I imagine that you have to re-activate the license at the very least,
but it is usually not the most complicated process to do so.

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 8:47:31 PM11/25/23
to
No, LibreOffice will do a shit job of correcting his offensive grammar
and we won't know whether he was committed and then killed himself, or
whether he simply committed suicide.

DFS

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 9:34:18 PM11/25/23
to
Thanks again Joel. That's very kind of you.

I see it's a Win10 Pro key. I don't want to go thru the install/upgrade
hassle, so I'll probably just buy the $23 Win11 Pro key directly from
bleeping computer.

If you're OK with it, I'll install the Win10 Pro on a computer I'm
giving to a young Vietnamese girl (daughter of a hard-working man that
works in my deceased father's office complex). I want to get her
started with good software. She's 15, so she's already too old for
Linux (it's recommended for ages 3 to 13).

If you don't agree with my plan, I'll delete the email you sent and will
never use the license.

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 10:14:11 PM11/25/23
to
I use a Windows 10 Pro key to install Windows 11 Pro. They're entirely
the same.

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 25, 2023, 10:36:39 PM11/25/23
to
But being pissed off is a state of mind closer to normal health than the
calm that precedes suicide. The more he gets pissed off by the software,
the better his chances to live gets.

They say, the reason most suicides are committed right after
anti-depressants are prescribed, is that it gives them peace of mind
about the plan to kill themselves. So you don't want Joel to use a nice
MS Office software to write his last note. You want to give him
LibreOffice run on a Linux machine :)

If Cobain's pen hadn't worked right, he may have gotten pissed enough to
get up and stagger out to the house to fetch a good one, by the time of
which, breathing the fresh air would put perhaps some sanity into him.

Do you know who Craig Venter is? In Vietnam he wanted to kill himself by
swimming as far away from the beach as he still had energy in him left,
so he'd drown even if he'd change his mind at the last moment. But he
lived. 15 minutes into swimming he saw sharks around him, and with great
hurry and speed he swam the hell back to the beach :)

You want to give Joel something to pump _adrenaline_ into his blood
stream, not something that gives him peace of mind.




Stéphane CARPENTIER

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 4:12:49 AM11/26/23
to
Le 26-11-2023, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> a écrit :
> She's 15, so she's already too old for Linux (it's recommended for
> ages 3 to 13).

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:27:50 AM11/26/23
to
On 2023-11-25 10:36 p.m., Physfitfreak wrote:
> On 11/25/2023 7:47 PM, RabidPedagog wrote:
>> On 2023-11-25 7:55 p.m., Physfitfreak wrote:
>>> On 11/25/2023 7:54 AM, RabidPedagog wrote:
>>>> Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to
>>>> write essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It
>>>> will do a fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and
>>>> won't lock up doing so the way that LibreOffice does.
>>>
>>>
>>> Then LibreOffice can save his life.
>>
>> No, LibreOffice will do a shit job of correcting his offensive grammar
>> and we won't know whether he was committed and then killed himself, or
>> whether he simply committed suicide.
>>
>
>
> But being pissed off is a state of mind closer to normal health than the
> calm that precedes suicide. The more he gets pissed off by the software,
> the better his chances to live gets.
>
> They say, the reason most suicides are committed right after
> anti-depressants are prescribed, is that it gives them peace of mind
> about the plan to kill themselves. So you don't want Joel to use a nice
> MS Office software to write his last note. You want to give him
> LibreOffice run on a Linux machine :)

The problem is that he'll hate the software so much that he will go on a
rampage and kill others. We don't want innocent heterosexuals to die,
only flaming homosexual Joel.

> If Cobain's pen hadn't worked right, he may have gotten pissed enough to
> get up and stagger out to the house to fetch a good one, by the time of
> which, breathing the fresh air would put perhaps some sanity into him.

I am convinced Cobain killed himself because he realized that he was
stuck with Courtney Love and that he would never get to experience the
minty freshness of "girl cock."

> Do you know who Craig Venter is? In Vietnam he wanted to kill himself by
> swimming as far away from the beach as he still had energy in him left,
> so he'd drown even if he'd change his mind at the last moment. But he
> lived. 15 minutes into swimming he saw sharks around him, and with great
> hurry and speed he swam the hell back to the beach :)
>
> You want to give Joel something to pump _adrenaline_ into his blood
> stream, not something that gives him peace of mind.

Calligra within Arch Linux?

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:30:40 AM11/26/23
to
On 2023-11-26 12:58 a.m., Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2023 at 7:04:18 PM EST, "RabidPedagog" <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>> <https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>>
>> - Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
>> - FastestVPN Pro: Lifetime subscription for 15 devices for $39.99
>> - Amaryllo Cloud Storage (100GB): Lifetime subscription for $29.99
>>
>> Enjoy.
>
> I bought the Windows 11 Pro key for 22.97. Installed VMware Fusion Player
> 13.5 (free with registration). Installed Win 11 Pro ARM version in VMWare.
> Activated fine. Running on my MacBook Pro 16" (M2 Pro 12 CPU version) with
> 32GB RAM (12GB and 4 CPUs allocated to Windows).
>
> Bleeping Computer is for real. Windows is worth about $25 to me these days.

I'm glad that it worked out for you.

--
RabidPedagog
TG: @RabidPedagog
3 out of 4 Communists agree: using Linux is preferable to being murdered

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 8:10:00 AM11/26/23
to
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>I see it's a Win10 Pro key. I don't want to go thru the install/upgrade
>hassle, so I'll probably just buy the $23 Win11 Pro key directly from
>bleeping computer.
>
>If you're OK with it, I'll install the Win10 Pro on a computer I'm
>giving to a young Vietnamese girl (daughter of a hard-working man that
>works in my deceased father's office complex). I want to get her
>started with good software. She's 15, so she's already too old for
>Linux (it's recommended for ages 3 to 13).
>
>If you don't agree with my plan, I'll delete the email you sent and will
>never use the license.


Just use the key to install 11, it will work. There is no difference,
to install 11, any copy to this date can get a free upgrade, and this
key has already been upgraded by me. When I reinstalled 11 22H2
clean, I put in the key, which should have overridden the digital
license (though they were the same license, but I just like to do
that).

--
Joel W. Crump

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 1:32:45 PM11/26/23
to
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>I see it's a Win10 Pro key. I don't want to go thru the install/upgrade
>hassle, so I'll probably just buy the $23 Win11 Pro key directly from
>bleeping computer.
>
>If you're OK with it, I'll install the Win10 Pro on a computer I'm
>giving to a young Vietnamese girl (daughter of a hard-working man that
>works in my deceased father's office complex). I want to get her
>started with good software. She's 15, so she's already too old for
>Linux (it's recommended for ages 3 to 13).
>
>If you don't agree with my plan, I'll delete the email you sent and will
>never use the license.


It's OK to use it for that purpose, BTW, I just meant in my previous
reply that you can use it for 11 Pro, but if you have a use for Win10
for someone, that's fine.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 1:41:11 PM11/26/23
to
guess what , i just tossed my google out ,
i got rid of it completely because ,
i'm going to use you in its place now

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 1:49:55 PM11/26/23
to
Physfitfreak <Physfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You want to give Joel something to pump _adrenaline_ into his blood
>stream, not something that gives him peace of mind.


My drug of choice is amphetamine drinks, although I use several
substances.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 1:53:22 PM11/26/23
to
your drug of choice is usenet

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 1:59:53 PM11/26/23
to
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>>> I definitely never had Office.
>>>
>>> Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
>>> essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
>>> fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
>>> doing so the way that LibreOffice does.
>>
>> I've used OO/LO for 20 years, they've been superb. I had used Office
>> 2000 and earlier, that was a family copy, but once the 500 MHz became
>> just my computer, I didn't stay with Office.
>
>I can't imagine you needing any kind of complex features so I can see
>why OO/LO did the job.


Does *anyone* need those features? That's the thing I always didn't
understand, it's true I've never been a heavy user of this kind of
software, but I'm not asking for bells and whistles, I can do the work
for myself.


>> The
>> retail key I gave DFS, though, includes M$ product support, not that
>> it's worth anything whatsoever to any of us, but it's just part of how
>> it really is a free and clear key, since I removed my machine from my
>> Microsoft account and the Store. The key is brand new, again, valid
>> for Win10 or 11 Pro, bare metal or VM, Intel/AMD or ARM.
>
>That was mighty generous of you to give him a product key.


The retail value of it was something I could never get back, WinPro
keys are sold on the black Internet market for next to nothing, but I
really had no use for it, I'm firmly with Linux for life, as far as I
know today (there could be some advancement that takes us beyond
conventional OSes, I guess).


>>> Much like you, music used to be the biggest part of what was on my
>>> storage device at any given time. However, Apple Music has rendered it
>>> pure idiocy to even own music anymore. You can add whatever song or
>>> album you want at any time for a low monthly fee, and in exchange you
>>> get sound which is superior to what you would have extracted from a CD.
>>> Whether you use the compressed version or the lossless version of the
>>> music, they both sound better than an MP3 or a FLAC because the codec
>>> Apple provides for lossy music is superior to every other one and their
>>> lossless music is not 16-bit 44KHz but 24-bit 192KHz. I will gladly pay
>>> the equivalent of a single album's price for that.
>>
>> It's interesting, but I'm really not going to subscribe to anything
>> from Apple, I have SiriusXM streaming radio which I adore, and I can
>> buy new MP3s from Amazon, since I don't add more pirated material to
>> my collection anymore.
>
>I don't believe in having pirated material.


After the Win11 upgrade in 2021, I downloaded a FLAC album from Usenet
binaries, and File Explorer did something to let me know it saw what I
was doing, I didn't delete that album, but I uninstalled NZBGet, and
have only paid for new downloads since.

--
Joel W. Crump

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 2:28:48 PM11/26/23
to
I still enjoy being here, but Twitter is more where the action is.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 2:32:36 PM11/26/23
to
it's for kids and boner hunters

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 2:35:49 PM11/26/23
to
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> your drug of choice is usenet
>>
>> I still enjoy being here, but Twitter is more where the action is.
>>
>it's for kids and boner hunters


My boner has been hunted there, a good bit, but my beautiful GF is all
I want.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 2:47:14 PM11/26/23
to
whatever , i'm not interested in yours i have my own

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 5:52:22 PM11/26/23
to
I don't know whether amphetamine induces adrenaline. I have only used it
once in my life. Casually telling my (also student) coworker in a store
I worked part-time to help with bills, early in 1980s, that I had a ton
to study for exams and only one weekend to prepare for them; he turned
to me and smiled and produced something from his pocket. I didn't see
anything in his hands, but when I got closer, there were two tiniest
tiny little yellow colored capsules in his palm. He said take them and
you'll manage.

After speaking about them some more, I agreed to try one of them. Paid
him I think $5 for it.

Next weekend a few hours into studying and becoming more and more aware
that I absolutely didn't have enough time to prepare myself for the two
exams on Monday, my mind went back to that tiny capsule I had. Went and
fetched it and swallowed it with hot tea on top. And waited worried and
in despair, confident that I would blow both exams.

Very soon, the unbelievable mental energy level began to pour in :) I
had not even finished the first chapter till then, but that chapter, and
the following chapters began one by one coming and getting finished and
understood and newer ones coming in. I looked up and it was already
Sunday morning, then I began with the other subject, from the first
chapter, and read and understood them one by one in great ease and
speed. I looked up, and it was Monday morning! I took a nice shower and
drove to school, and in no time took both exams successfully and drove
back home like King. I looked up, and it was Monday evening. Then, for
the lack of anything else to do, I took up my Spanish learning book
which I had never gone beyond the first chapter, and began reading and
learning it chapter by chapter until I realized I have read all 20
chapters! I looked up and it was noontime Tuesday. I went to take a rest
on the sofa at last to think of all this for a moment. Then almost
suddenly after, I woke up and looked up and saw it was morning of an
unknown day. I called the number that gave temperature, date, and time
in Dallas in those years, and found out it was Friday morning!

I tried to figure out what had happened. I remembered the two exams but
could not remember one bit from the material I had learned for them! I
also went over the Spanish teaching book and saw all the chapters only
vaguely sounded familiar, but nothing beyond that. I had forgotten
everything that I had learned.

So that was it. My first and last time. All done by that tiny yellow
capsule, about 2 millimeters long.


Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 5:59:17 PM11/26/23
to
Physfitfreak <Physfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>So that was it. My first and last time. All done by that tiny yellow
>capsule, about 2 millimeters long.


My bet is that it was well-made crystal meth, you got spun.
Interesting that you had it in those days.

--
Joel W. Crump

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 6:08:12 PM11/26/23
to
He told me it was pure amphetamine. He was a law student (in SMU, not my
university, UTD) and disclosed to me that he used them for many of his
exams :)

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 6:22:36 PM11/26/23
to
The duration tells me it was meth, that was what I hated about
snorting meth, the high itself went away long before the inability to
sleep/eat.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 6:47:06 PM11/26/23
to
it was ephedrine , meth has been around for years ,
it was for reviving heart patients ,
instead of using adrenaline

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 6:48:58 PM11/26/23
to
what's this snorting bullshit ,
you mean you never put it in a fit and whacked it

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:04:20 PM11/26/23
to
Can you describe the difference between a molecule of ephedrine and
methamphetamine? Do you know why "propadope" made from P-2-P is
almost inferior to crank, I mean hell these days you have commercial
ephedrine stuff flooding the market, not even truly crank but halfway
decent crystal at a competitive price (purists will dispute me calling
it crystal, but the halfway decent means that it's a cheap imitation,
basically).

Try to talk to me about meth, kiddo.

--
Joel W. Crump

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:07:35 PM11/26/23
to
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> hated about
>> snorting meth, the high itself went away long before the inability to
>> sleep/eat.
>>
>what's this snorting bullshit ,
>you mean you never put it in a fit and whacked it


Normal people drink, or at least otherwise swallow, it.

--
Joel W. Crump

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:31:22 PM11/26/23
to
i don't know if i'll talk directly to you about it ,
but i will talk about anything i please and ,
yes i can describe the difference between a molecule of ephedrine and
methamphetamine

%

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:34:35 PM11/26/23
to
that's not what i asked you doctor evasion ,
i asked you if you ever took a drug ,
in the way it was meant to be taken and ,
obviously you haven't so you have no idea ,
what the drug is really like

Joel

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 7:41:20 PM11/26/23
to
I have taken meth orally and nasally. But, Red Bull is what meth is
supposed to feel like. It's against nature to use it in pure form,
although orally is OK.

--
Joel W. Crump

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 8:07:26 PM11/26/23
to
On 2023-11-26 9:14 a.m., Tyrone wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2023 at 7:30:30 AM EST, "RabidPedagog" <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-11-26 12:58 a.m., Tyrone wrote:
>>> On Nov 24, 2023 at 7:04:18 PM EST, "RabidPedagog" <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>>>
>>>> <https://deals.bleepingcomputer.com/>
>>>>
>>>> - Windows 11 Pro for $22.97
>>>> - FastestVPN Pro: Lifetime subscription for 15 devices for $39.99
>>>> - Amaryllo Cloud Storage (100GB): Lifetime subscription for $29.99
>>>>
>>>> Enjoy.
>>>
>>> I bought the Windows 11 Pro key for 22.97. Installed VMware Fusion Player
>>> 13.5 (free with registration). Installed Win 11 Pro ARM version in VMWare.
>>> Activated fine. Running on my MacBook Pro 16" (M2 Pro 12 CPU version) with
>>> 32GB RAM (12GB and 4 CPUs allocated to Windows).
>>>
>>> Bleeping Computer is for real. Windows is worth about $25 to me these days.
>>
>> I'm glad that it worked out for you.
>
> Thanks for the heads up on the deal. An actual useful post in this horrible
> cesspool. :-)

Agreed. You'd be angry too if you were forced to use Linux on that sweet
M2 Pro of yours. Luckily, you're running a quality system.

RabidPedagog

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 8:18:30 PM11/26/23
to
On 2023-11-26 1:59 p.m., Joel wrote:
> RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>
>>>>> I definitely never had Office.
>>>>
>>>> Do yourself a favour and get Office 2019, at the very least, to write
>>>> essays about "girl cock" and your eventual suicide note. It will do a
>>>> fantastic job of correcting your horrible grammar, and won't lock up
>>>> doing so the way that LibreOffice does.
>>>
>>> I've used OO/LO for 20 years, they've been superb. I had used Office
>>> 2000 and earlier, that was a family copy, but once the 500 MHz became
>>> just my computer, I didn't stay with Office.
>>
>> I can't imagine you needing any kind of complex features so I can see
>> why OO/LO did the job.
>
>
> Does *anyone* need those features?

Yes, DFS. He's made that abundantly clear.

> That's the thing I always didn't
> understand, it's true I've never been a heavy user of this kind of
> software, but I'm not asking for bells and whistles, I can do the work
> for myself.

What work is that, again?

>>> The
>>> retail key I gave DFS, though, includes M$ product support, not that
>>> it's worth anything whatsoever to any of us, but it's just part of how
>>> it really is a free and clear key, since I removed my machine from my
>>> Microsoft account and the Store. The key is brand new, again, valid
>>> for Win10 or 11 Pro, bare metal or VM, Intel/AMD or ARM.
>>
>> That was mighty generous of you to give him a product key.
>
> The retail value of it was something I could never get back, WinPro
> keys are sold on the black Internet market for next to nothing, but I
> really had no use for it, I'm firmly with Linux for life, as far as I
> know today (there could be some advancement that takes us beyond
> conventional OSes, I guess).

I look forward to reading about how your choice of Linux distribution
crashed on you and lost all of your data because you did something
unfathomable like change your desktop wallpaper.

>>>> Much like you, music used to be the biggest part of what was on my
>>>> storage device at any given time. However, Apple Music has rendered it
>>>> pure idiocy to even own music anymore. You can add whatever song or
>>>> album you want at any time for a low monthly fee, and in exchange you
>>>> get sound which is superior to what you would have extracted from a CD.
>>>> Whether you use the compressed version or the lossless version of the
>>>> music, they both sound better than an MP3 or a FLAC because the codec
>>>> Apple provides for lossy music is superior to every other one and their
>>>> lossless music is not 16-bit 44KHz but 24-bit 192KHz. I will gladly pay
>>>> the equivalent of a single album's price for that.
>>>
>>> It's interesting, but I'm really not going to subscribe to anything
>>> from Apple, I have SiriusXM streaming radio which I adore, and I can
>>> buy new MP3s from Amazon, since I don't add more pirated material to
>>> my collection anymore.
>>
>> I don't believe in having pirated material.
>
> After the Win11 upgrade in 2021, I downloaded a FLAC album from Usenet
> binaries, and File Explorer did something to let me know it saw what I
> was doing, I didn't delete that album, but I uninstalled NZBGet, and
> have only paid for new downloads since.

How the heck is that considering good grammar?

Physfitfreak

unread,
Nov 26, 2023, 8:26:42 PM11/26/23