Who Needs Stinkin' SSDs?

Lester Thorpe

Sep 30, 2022, 1:31:42 PM9/30/22
Who the fuck would need an SSD? Only a fucking idiot, that's who.

I use "rust" and I LIKE it.

But if need FAST I can, on a superior GNU/Linux system, just set
up a tmpfs in memory:

mount -t tmpfs -o size=? tmpfs /mount/point

This will create a file system in RAM that I can use as desired.

For example, if I want to compile the great LibreOffice (and who
wouldn't?) then I just create a tmpfs of 8 gigs and do:

emerge libreoffice

The whole enchilada builds in memory with tremendous speed.

Conclusion:

Don't fall for that marketing hype or that jabber from pseudo-experts.

Just use "rust" and GNU/Linux and beat the pants off all comers.

Marco Moock

Sep 30, 2022, 2:33:45 PM9/30/22
Am 30.09.2022 um 17:31:38 Uhr schrieb Lester Thorpe:

> Who the fuck would need an SSD? Only a fucking idiot, that's who.

I had one, but I sold it. In desktop computers, I prefer drives which
create a loud noise when they are being accessed.

Alvin P. Picker

Sep 30, 2022, 4:06:38 PM9/30/22
On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 20:33:42 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:

> I prefer drives which
> create a loud noise when they are being accessed.

That's why you should always use Microcrap Winblows
(but you probably already do).

Nothing thrashes a hard drive like Microcrap. NOTHING.
At my stupid work machine, for example, I can hear that
thrashing from 20 feet away.

With GNU/Linux, however, even though my machines
are not contained in any kind of box or housing,
I NEVER hear any thrashing whatsoever.

This is yet another prime example of GNU/Linux
superiority.

Moreover, the ext* file system NEVER needs to be
"de-fragmented" whereas the Microcrap file garbage
has built-in, scheduled defragmentation (via Tasks).

Holy fucking moley! What kind of dim-wit would abuse
his system with Microcrap Winblows?

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Lester Thorpe

Lester has spoken.
Disagree? You'll be chokin'.

Marco Moock

Oct 1, 2022, 1:22:44 AM10/1/22
Am 30.09.2022 um 20:06:34 Uhr schrieb Alvin P. Picker:

> On Fri, 30 Sep 2022 20:33:42 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:
>

> > I prefer drives which
> > create a loud noise when they are being accessed.
> >

> That's why you should always use Microcrap Winblows
> (but you probably already do).

No, I completely got rid of Windows in 2017.

> Moreover, the ext* file system NEVER needs to be
> "de-fragmented" whereas the Microcrap file garbage
> has built-in, scheduled defragmentation (via Tasks).

ext4 can also be fragmented, but it happens not that often.

Alvin P. Picker

Oct 1, 2022, 8:58:11 AM10/1/22
On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:22:40 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:

> No, I completely got rid of Windows in 2017.

2017????

What the fuck took you so long?

Most *intelligent* people recognized Microcrap Winblows
as a stinking pile of technically puerile shit right from
the very beginning.

They may have put up with it for a while until they
became aware of GNU/Linux. From that point onward
there could be no turning back.

Marco Moock

Oct 1, 2022, 9:19:38 AM10/1/22
Am 01.10.2022 um 12:58:07 Uhr schrieb Alvin P. Picker:

> 2017????
>
> What the fuck took you so long?

I started in the end of 2015 (I was 14 then) with my Laptop and my
desktop still used vista. In 2017 I knew enough about my distribution so
I could do all my tasks with Linux and finally switched the last
computer running Windows to GNU/Linux.

> They may have put up with it for a while until they
> became aware of GNU/Linux. From that point onward
> there could be no turning back.

For me there is no turning back, especially to Windows 10 or even
Windows 11. Debian is much better.

DFS

Oct 1, 2022, 1:49:38 PM10/1/22
On 10/1/2022 8:58 AM, Nose Picker Piet <larry....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:22:40 +0200, Marco Moock wrote:
>

>> No, I completely got rid of Windows in 2017.
>>

> 2017????
>
> What the fuck took you so long?

huh?

Apr 2020: "I have SIX machines, bozo… with only two polluted with that
garbage Microshit Winblows." - Feeb, lucky to have a Windows job

> Most *intelligent* people recognized Microcrap Winblows
> as a stinking pile of technically puerile shit right from
> the very beginning.

It makes Linux look like bumbling crap.

Windows Tools (1st pic)
and
Performance Monitoring (2nd pic)

https://imgur.com/a/leDbgPE

After seeing that, you almost feel bad for the sub-talented dregs of Linux.

> They may have put up with it for a while until they
> became aware of GNU/Linux. From that point onward
> there could be no turning back.

User share says otherwise.

Alvin P. Picker

Oct 1, 2022, 3:30:16 PM10/1/22
On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:49:35 -0400, DFS wrote:

>> They may have put up with it for a while until they
>> became aware of GNU/Linux. From that point onward
>> there could be no turning back.
>
> User share says otherwise.

Den Mother Donald DuFuS Supremus, in his eternal idiocy,
completely overlooked the qualifier which was the term
"intelligent."

The majority of Microcrap/Apphole users are NOT intelligent.

Den Mother Donald DuFuS Supremus had better learn to read
and analyze, but for him, the task would be impossible.

He has already gotten so far in life without having developed
such basic skills that we can only diagnose him as a RETARD.

I certainly would have thrown his retarded ass out of the college
courses that I taught.

Retard, retard, go away. Don't come back another day.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Alvin P. Picker

Don't dare dicker
With the Alvin P Picker
'Cause he'll put you down quicker
Than a fat city slicker
Or a faggot boot licker
With a jail house sticker

DFS

Oct 2, 2022, 9:31:53 AM10/2/22
On 10/1/2022 3:30 PM, Nose Picker Piet wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 13:49:35 -0400, DFS wrote:
>

>>> They may have put up with it for a while until they became aware
>>> of GNU/Linux. From that point onward there could be no turning
>>> back.
>>
>> User share says otherwise.
>>

> Den Mother Donald DuFuS Supremus, in his eternal idiocy, completely
> overlooked the qualifier which was the term "intelligent."

> The majority of Microcrap/Apphole users are NOT intelligent.

Nor are the majority of GuhNoo/Linux victims.

Many of you have convinced yourselves you're *incredibly intelligent*
because you memorize a few cli commands and use an rxvt terminal and
think you're engaging in "the essence of computing".

> the college courses that I taught.

Linux For Everyday Assholes
Modern Linux for Modern Assholes
Advanced Linux For Advanced Assholes