bible(1)

vallor

Feb 11, 2024, 11:34:51 PMFeb 11
I still use the old bible(1) program to search for phrases I remember (but
can't remember chapter and verse).

There's also fortune(1), whose data files include reference to
the package for bible(1).

(knghtbrd)
%
> >I don't really regard bible-kjv-text as a technical document,
> > but... :)

> It's a manual -- for living.

But it hasn't been updated in a long time, many would say that it's
sadly out of date, and the upstream maintainer doesn't respond to his
email. :-)
-- Branden Robinson, Oliver Elphick, and Chris Waters in a
message to debian-policy
%

$ bible
bible: Debian/BRS Release 4.36
Hit '?' for help.

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
bible(KJV) [Gen1:1]> ?
bible: Debian/BRS Release 4.36

-Bible verse specifications:
Verses may be specified using various standard abbreviations and
notations, including both single verses and verse ranges.
E.g. Jn3:16, jn3:16,17 ps1:1-6
Partial specs are interpreted in the context of the previous verse.
E.g. "Rev3:20" followed by "15" prints Rev3:15.
-Concordance (word search) commands:
??word Find all verses containing "word".
Creates a "ref list" for subsequent use.
?list List the references in ref list. (abbrev ?l)
?view View text of verses in ref list. (abbrev ?v)
?and word Combine ref list w/MATCHING refs for "word". (abbrev ?
a)
?or word Combine ref list w/ALL refs for "word". (abbrev ?o)
?in <verse range> Limit ref list to range of verses.
?in all Reset ref list limit.
To get a list of refs, each containing multiple words, start with:
??word for the first word, followed by
?and word for each following word.The order of the words doesn't
matter.
-A few miscellaneous program control commands.
?, ?h, ?help -- Prints this help text.
<, > -- Change direction through text.
?w file -- Begin writing (appending) output to
"file".
?w -- Stop writing output to a file.
?f -- Toggles output formatting modes.
q, ?bye, ?exit, ?quit, ?q -- End this program.
Note that a blank line will advance one verse in current direction.
bible(KJV) [Gen1:1]>

--
-v

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 11, 2024, 11:48:39 PMFeb 11
Here is a good resource, with useful good cross-referencing:

<https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/>

vallor

Feb 12, 2024, 7:49:35 AMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 04:48:35 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence D'Oliveiro
<l...@nz.invalid> wrote in <uqc7v2$1c4vk$1...@dont-email.me>:

> Here is a good resource, with useful good cross-referencing:
>
> <https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/>

That's handy. :)

--
-v

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 7:56:41 AMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
> Here is a good resource, with useful good cross-referencing:
>
><https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/>

And here's the drivel from the "skeptics."

In the beginning was the Word. (v.1)

This verse doesn't come right out and say who "the word" is, but all
Christians believe it's referring to Jesus. They disagree about what it's
saying about Jesus, however. Is Jesus God? The Son of God? A godlike man?
Or what?

For example, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus was God. But
how could Jesus be with God in the beginning as this verse says, if, as
the Watchtower teaches, Jesus was created by God? And how could Jesus be
"a god" and yet be with God during the creation, if God was speaking
truthfully in Dt 32:39 when he said, "there are no gods with me"?

Is Jesus God?

Who created heaven and earth?

What is Jesus H. Christ's real name?

Not all Christian denominations believe "The Word" refers to Christ,
some are silly enough to think it refers to the Bible.

If you really want to know what Christians teach, check out a Catholic
catechism and read its teaching on the Mystery of the Trinity. It's dogmatic
teaching for Catholics — what heretics and the misguided teach on the
subject is immaterial to me. The Bible wasn't written by heretics (though it
has been mistranslated by them).

God is One in Three Persons. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. All three Persons
are fully God. Christ is the Son of God, who became God Incarnate (in the
flesh), fully Man and fully God. The human mind can not fully comprehend the
Mysteries, but if you believe in God you accept them by faith and humble
yourself. If you're not a Christian, why do you care?

As for the Jehovah's Witnesses and their writing in the Watchtower...
they're seriously confused. (Maybe this is an anti-Jehovah Witness website,
they seem to fixate on what Jehovah's Witnesses teach.)

Responding to the last three questions...

Jesus is fully God and fully Man. "I am who am." (The Mysteries of
the Incarnation and the Trinity.)

God (in Three Persons) created the heavens and the earth. "Let us make man in
Our Own Image." (plural)

The name of Jesus is... Jesus ("Jehovah is salvation"). His title is Christ,
from the Greek "Christos" (equivalent of Messiah, i.e., the Anointed).

For more information read St. Thomas Aquinas. For bite-sized explanations of
the Trinity and Jesus Christ, these links may help...

https://www.catholic.com/encyclopedia/trinity

https://www.catholic.com/encyclopedia/jesus-christ

Or you can stick with the "Skeptic's Bible" and remain ignorant of what
Christianity teaches. Your choice. The "skeptics" who wrote the comments in
the "Skeptic's Bible" seem to be more interested in displaying their own
ignorance then anything else. (Maybe it's their way of humbling themselves?)

Even if you're not really interested in Christianity you should at least
know what Christians teach before attempting to lecture to them on their
religion.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."

vallor

Feb 12, 2024, 9:48:02 AMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:56:37 -0000 (UTC), RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com>
wrote in <uqd4i5$1gg2s$1...@dont-email.me>:

> On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>> Here is a good resource, with useful good cross-referencing:
>>
>><https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/>
>
> And here's the drivel from the "skeptics."
>
> In the beginning was the Word. (v.1)
>
> This verse doesn't come right out and say who "the word" is, but all
> Christians believe it's referring to Jesus. They disagree about what
> it's saying about Jesus, however. Is Jesus God? The Son of God? A
> godlike man?
> Or what?
>
> For example, Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe that Jesus was God.
> But how could Jesus be with God in the beginning as this verse says,
> if, as the Watchtower teaches, Jesus was created by God? And how
> could Jesus be "a god" and yet be with God during the creation, if
> God was speaking truthfully in Dt 32:39 when he said, "there are no
> gods with me"?
>
> Is Jesus God?
>
> Who created heaven and earth?
>
> What is Jesus H. Christ's real name?
>
> Not all Christian denominations believe "The Word" refers to Christ,
> some are silly enough to think it refers to the Bible.

The word is "Logos", and associating it with God
was first recorded by Heraclitus, c. 500BCE. While
there is controversy, it's generally-accepted to refer to
"the Divine Order".

The fourth Gospel tries to make it about Jesus.

But to whom is the Lord's Prayer addressed?

And to what god was the altar on Mars Hill when Paul
gave his address there?

The only reason people give the fourth Gospel any
credence is that it is their own scripture...with a full
army of Christian apologeticists to (try to) back
it up.

But this doesn't have anything to do with the bible(1)
program:

bible(KJV) [Ac17:26]> ??mars
Searching for 'mars'... [1 ref]
bible(KJV) [Ac17:26]> ?view
Viewing References [1]:
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I
perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
bible(KJV) [Ac17:22]>
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this
inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him
declare I unto you.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Paul was a bit cheeky, don't you think?

--
-v

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 10:46:14 AMFeb 12
vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

>I still use the old bible(1) program to search for phrases I remember (but
>can't remember chapter and verse).

It's incredible how people cling to the Bible as if I'm just an
aberration, and Jesus didn't literally state unequivocally that Yahweh
gives me his "seal of approval". Dumb white monkey-ass retards.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

%

Feb 12, 2024, 11:56:31 AMFeb 12
all these %'s were not made by the real %

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 4:09:54 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:56:37 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> If you really want to know what Christians teach, check out a Catholic
> catechism and read its teaching on the Mystery of the Trinity.

... except some “Christians” don’t consider the Catholics as “Christians”.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 4:11:34 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:56:17 -0700, % wrote:

> all these %'s were not made by the real %

Every believer says their sky fairy is the only true sky fairy, all the
other sky fairies are false.

They can’t all be right on the first point, they can all be right on the
second.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 4:23:38 PMFeb 12
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
Ron is showing his gross ignorance of Christianity by defaulting to
Catholicism, an abomination before God. Roman Catholicism at its
extreme claims unique divine authority alongside the Orthodox, when in
reality they are a crying shame for the Lord, in many respects, not to
discount their charitable works, not to say that individual believers
and clergy are bad people, but the hierarchy of the RCC is morally
bankrupt, and cannot take a position within genuine Christendom. I
have no problem with the individual Catholic believer or priest/nun,
they are generally Christians to me, but I violently oppose the Papacy
and hierarchy.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 5:12:16 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:23:32 -0500, Joel wrote:

> Ron is showing his gross ignorance of Christianity by defaulting to
> Catholicism, an abomination before God.

Which of the three-gods-who-are-supposed-to-be-one-god, though?

None of Christian doctrine makes sense. That’s why they call it a
“Mystery”. Because “Mystery” is secret code for “keep asking awkward
questions, and you will end up burnt at the stake”.

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 5:23:47 PMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
True. And your point?

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 5:31:23 PMFeb 12
Luckily, you have me, the Son of Man, with complete theological
knowledge. So, I will begin by answering your question about the
Trinity, it's simply a matter of a soul having more than one spirit,
which is normal for a person as well as God.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 12, 2024, 5:33:00 PMFeb 12
RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 12:56:37 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>>
>>> If you really want to know what Christians teach, check out a Catholic
>>> catechism and read its teaching on the Mystery of the Trinity.
>>
>> ... except some “Christians” don’t consider the Catholics as “Christians”.
>
> True. And your point?

What is the "official" Christianity? :-D

Yeah, that's snark, snowflake.

--
Avoid gunfire in the bathroom tonight.

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 5:34:04 PMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:23:32 -0500, Joel wrote:
>
>> Ron is showing his gross ignorance of Christianity by defaulting to
>> Catholicism, an abomination before God.
>
> Which of the three-gods-who-are-supposed-to-be-one-god, though?

Not three gods, One God in Three Persons. You don't want to understand it or
accept it, that's your choice. But Catholics (and most Christians) aren't
confused on this subject.

> None of Christian doctrine makes sense. That’s why they call it a
> “Mystery”. Because “Mystery” is secret code for “keep asking awkward
> questions, and you will end up burnt at the stake”.

All of them. Read St. Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica, he'll explain it to
you.

No. A Mystery in the Catholic Church is admitting that men's minds can't
completely understand the infinite mind of God. Again, read St. Thomas
Aquinas, your off-the-cuff assertions aren't impressing me. I know what I
believe and I am certain — it's called "certitude." You might want to look
that up as well.

Again, accept Christianity or don't. If you're not a Christian why are you
obsessed with Christianity? Kind of like Windows lovers who come to this
newsgroup to whine about Linux. That's their problem not mine. Your hangup
on Christianity is your problem, not mine.

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 5:41:34 PMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 09:56:17 -0700, % wrote:
>
>> all these %'s were not made by the real %
>
> Every believer says their sky fairy is the only true sky fairy, all the
> other sky fairies are false.

Did your "sky faeries" die for our sins? Did they rise from the dead? Did
they bring the dead back to life? Did they heal the sick? Did they found a
Church built on the Rock of St. Peter? Did they impact the whole world?

When you can answer "yes" to any of these questions, get back to me.

> They can’t all be right on the first point, they can all be right on the
> second.

I don't believe in your sky fairies so I'll have to take your word for
whatever it is you're trying to say. Which "brand" of sky fairies do you
(personally) believe in? "Enquring minds" really don't want to know.

RabidPedagog

Feb 12, 2024, 5:51:52 PMFeb 12
It is definitely a combination of Roman paganism and Christianity, but
it is Christianity nonetheless. However, I'm of the opinion that the
right form of Christianity is to sit down, read the Holy Bible for
yourself and learn to interpret its message correctly.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 5:56:50 PMFeb 12
Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:

>What is the "official" Christianity? :-D

There are churches that would qualify for it (more than one type). But
for the right-wingers to discern that, is basically impossible. They
block out my existence as an aberration, they ignore that God does say
I speak for him. It's right there in Jesus' words in the NT. They
pretend that going with conservative socio-religious views is affirmed
by the history of Judeo-Christian religions, and maybe they have a
point, except that homophobia has been an issue in many societies at
innumerable times, and it was inevitable that religion would be
infected with it, despite God and Jesus being gay lovers, essentially.

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 6:05:08 PMFeb 12
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>read the Holy Bible for
>yourself and learn to interpret its message correctly.

You apparently thought that meant to believe that same-sex attractions
are bad, and I know the words are in the Bible in a couple of places,
but it's BS, and you're afraid to even talk to me, when you should, if
you actually believed the Bible, give me authority.

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 6:56:51 PMFeb 12
On 2024-02-12, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
> RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> ... except some “Christians” don’t consider the Catholics as “Christians”.
>>
>> True. And your point?
>
> What is the "official" Christianity? :-D

Catholicism.

> Yeah, that's snark, snowflake.

Nope. It was a simple question, with a simple answer. Reach again for the
snark, this attempt wasn't too impressive.

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 7:00:41 PMFeb 12
Protestants tried that, that's why there are an untold number of Protestant
sects. Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as He taught. Not
a church where out their own interpretations of the Bible. Truth is not
subjective, it's objective. Catholics wrote the New Testament. They should
be the ones to interpret it. Christ founded one Church, not many.

%

Feb 12, 2024, 7:19:37 PMFeb 12
Joel wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>
>> What is the "official" Christianity? :-D
>

> There are churches that would qualify for it (more than one type). But
> for the right-wingers to discern that, is basically impossible. They
> block out my existence as an aberration, they ignore that God does say
> I speak for him. It's right there in Jesus' words in the NT. They
> pretend that going with conservative socio-religious views is affirmed
> by the history of Judeo-Christian religions, and maybe they have a
> point, except that homophobia has been an issue in many societies at
> innumerable times, and it was inevitable that religion would be
> infected with it, despite God and Jesus being gay lovers, essentially.

but you don't care about sex

RonB

Feb 12, 2024, 7:31:43 PMFeb 12
On 2024-02-13, RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2024-02-12, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> ... except some “Christians” don’t consider the Catholics as “Christians”.
>>
>> It is definitely a combination of Roman paganism and Christianity, but
>> it is Christianity nonetheless. However, I'm of the opinion that the
>> right form of Christianity is to sit down, read the Holy Bible for
>> yourself and learn to interpret its message correctly.
>
> Protestants tried that, that's why there are an untold number of Protestant
> sects. Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as He taught. Not
> a church where out their own interpretations of the Bible. Truth is not
> subjective, it's objective. Catholics wrote the New Testament. They should
> be the ones to interpret it. Christ founded one Church, not many.

From the Preface of the 1582 Rheims New Testament...

They [the Scriptures] were then in Libraries, Monasteries, Colleges,
Churches, in Bishops, Priests, and some other devout principal Laymen's
houses and hands: who used them with fear and reverence, and specially
such parts as pertained to good life and manners, not meddling, but in
pulpit and schools (and that moderately too) with the hard and high
mysteries and places of greater difficulty. The poor plowman, could then
in laboring the ground, sing the hymns and psalms either in known or
unknown languages, as they heard them in the holy Church, though they
could neither read nor know the sense, meaning, and mysteries of the
same. Such holy persons of both sexes, to whom St. Jerome in diverse
Epistles to them, commendeth the reading and meditation of holy
Scriptures, were diligent to search all the godly histories and imitable
examples of chastity, humility, obedience, clemency, poverty, penance,
renouncing the world. They noted specially the places that did breed the
hatred of sin, fear of God's judgment, delight in spiritual cogitations:
they referred themselves in all hard places, to the judgment of the
ancient Fathers and their masters in religion, never presuming to
contend, control, teach or talk of their own sense and fantasy, in deep
questions of divinity. Then the Virgins, did meditate upon the places and
examples of chastity, modesty and demureness: the married,, on conjugal
faith and continency: the parents, how to bring up their children in
faith and fear of God: the Prince, how to rule: the subject, how to obey:
the Priest, how to teach: the people, how to learn.

Then the scholar taught not his master, the sheep controlled not the
Pastor, the young student set not the Doctor to school, nor reproved
their fathers of error and ignorance. Or if any were in those better days
(as in all times of heresy such must needs be) that had itching ears,
tinkling tongues and wits, curious and contentious disputers, hearers,
and talkers rather than doers of God's word: such the Fathers did ever
sharply reprehend, counting them unworthy and unprofitable readers of the
holy Scriptures. St. Jerome in his Epistle to Paulinus, after declaration
that no handicraft is so base, nor liberal science so easy, that can be
had without a master (which St. Augustine also affirmeth, De utilitate
cred. cap. 7.) nor that men presume in any occupation to teach that they
never learned, Only (saith he) the art of Scripture is that which every
man chalengeth: this the chatting old wise, this the doting old man, this
the brabling sophister, thus on every hand, men presume to teach
before they learn it. Again, Some with poise of lofty words devise of
scripture matters among women: othersome (fee upon it) learn of women,
what to teach men, and lest that be not enough, by facility of tongue, or
rather audacity, teach that to others, which they understand never a whit
themselves, to say nothing of such as be of my faculty: who stepping from
secular learning to holy scriptures, and able to tickle the ears of the
multitude with a smooth tale, think all they speak, to be the Law of God.
This he wrote then, when this malady of arrogancy and presumption in
divine matters, was nothing so outrageous as now it is.

G.K. Chesterton wrote that their were strange creatures in the Apocalypse,
but none so strange as its interpreters. (not verbatim)

Joel

Feb 12, 2024, 8:17:08 PMFeb 12
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> block out my existence as an aberration, they ignore that God does say
>> I speak for him. It's right there in Jesus' words in the NT. They
>> pretend that going with conservative socio-religious views is affirmed
>> by the history of Judeo-Christian religions, and maybe they have a
>> point, except that homophobia has been an issue in many societies at
>> innumerable times, and it was inevitable that religion would be
>> infected with it, despite God and Jesus being gay lovers, essentially.
>>
>but you don't care about sex

You are reading something other than that into what I say, apparently.

rbowman

Feb 12, 2024, 8:27:56 PMFeb 12
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:36:50 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 22:41:30 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Did your "sky faeries" die for our sins?

The immortal ones do that all the time.

> Did they rise from the dead?

<https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/first.html>

In those days, I think anybody who was immobile for long enough was
considered “dead”.

> Did they bring the dead back to life?

Only if your illiterate, credulous tribespeople can be taken as experts on
who is dead and who isn’t.

> Did they heal the sick?

Apparently any old person could do that, back in the day
<https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/acts/28.html#8>

Nowadays we have people called “health professionals” who can do that
reliably, every time, rather than having to wait for a “miracle”.

> Did they found a Church built on the Rock of St. Peter?

Who or what was this “rock of St Peter”? And where is it?

> Did they impact the whole world?

Other things have impacted more of the world than any one religion.

>> They can’t all be right on the first point, they can all be right on
>> the second.
>
> I don't believe in your sky fairies so I'll have to take your word for
> whatever it is you're trying to say.

That the odds are against your particular brand of sky fairy being the
true one. Particularly given the contradictions in your attempt at a
supporting doctrine.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:38:24 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 17:51:48 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:

> However, I'm of the opinion that the right form of Christianity is to
> sit down, read the Holy Bible for yourself and learn to interpret its
> message correctly.

Which writings do you include in this “bible”, though? Remember, it was a
Catholic convention that decided which ones should be included and which
ones left out. Do you go back and revisit their decisions? And what
language do you use?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:40:03 PMFeb 12
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:00:37 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as
> He taught.

Solomon was greater than Jesus
<https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/greatest.html>.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:40:59 PMFeb 12
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:31:39 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> From the Preface of the 1582 Rheims New Testament...
>
> [anonymous, uncredited and unfounded assertions]

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:42:22 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 17:31:18 -0500, Joel wrote:

> Luckily, you have me, the Son of Man, with complete theological
> knowledge. So, I will begin by answering your question about the
> Trinity, it's simply a matter of a soul having more than one spirit,
> which is normal for a person as well as God.

So do the three godpersons share a soul?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 12, 2024, 8:43:09 PMFeb 12
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 23:56:46 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On 2024-02-12, Chris Ahlstrom <OFee...@teleworm.us> wrote:
>
>> What is the "official" Christianity? :-D
>
> Catholicism.

Having a religious group decide that their own version is true and others
are false ... is exactly the sort of circular reasoning I was talking
about.

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 1:37:25 AMFeb 13
I wasn't born Christian and was originally baptized into a Protestant
domination. I attended a Protestant Bible College. I studied my way into
Catholicism.

Of course the Catholic Church decided what was canon. It was THEIR New
Testament, they wrote it.

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 1:38:34 AMFeb 13
On 2024-02-13, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
Or so some skeptic idiot claims. Or did one of your sky fairies tell you so?

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 1:40:16 AMFeb 13
On 2024-02-13, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
Not anonymous. Written by the translators. Their names are known. So much
for your "logic." You should learn to be skeptical of the gullible
"skeptics."

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 1:55:08 AMFeb 13
Jesus the Son, fully Man and fully God, has a human soul. God as the Trinity
simply IS ("I am who am"). Read St. Thomas Aquinas if you really want the
question answered. It involves the Mystery of the Incarnation.

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 2:12:28 AMFeb 13
Whatever. Whom do you imagine is capable of judging the divinely instituted
Church? You? There are truths and there are lies. Christ is truth and He
passed His authority down through his apostles (bishops). Satan is a liar,
"the father of lies," and he is also the father of confusion, destruction
and chaos — and part of his confusion and chaos is heresy and schism. This
is why you have hundreds (if not thousands) of competing sects, some
claiming to be Christian, others (like Islam) claiming to be something else.

It was by observing the division in the churches that brought me to Catholic
Church. In other words the use of logic. If I believed in Christ as God
(which I did) and if Christ prayed that His Church be one (which he did),
then I merely needed to find the Church He founded (which I did).

You either accept the Church's teaching authority or don't, that is your
choice. I can't choose for you.

So why do you reject the authority of the Catholic Church? And why do you
think you know more about Christianity than those whose chain of authority
goes back to Christ Himself?

The Jews in Christ's time were amazed at Christ because He taught "as one
having authority." The Catholic Church shares that distinction.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 13, 2024, 2:13:06 AMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 06:37:21 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Of course the Catholic Church decided what was canon. It was THEIR New
> Testament, they wrote it.

So much for being “the word of god”, then.

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 2:15:36 AMFeb 13
On 2024-02-13, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
Writings inspired by God. Only the Church had the authority (passed down
through Jesus and His apostles) to decided which were which.

Or do you imagine you have the authority to do so?

RabidPedagog

Feb 13, 2024, 7:47:25 AMFeb 13
On 2024-02-12 7:00 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-12, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> ... except some “Christians” don’t consider the Catholics as “Christians”.
>>
>> It is definitely a combination of Roman paganism and Christianity, but
>> it is Christianity nonetheless. However, I'm of the opinion that the
>> right form of Christianity is to sit down, read the Holy Bible for
>> yourself and learn to interpret its message correctly.
>
> Protestants tried that, that's why there are an untold number of Protestant
> sects. Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as He taught. Not
> a church where out their own interpretations of the Bible. Truth is not
> subjective, it's objective. Catholics wrote the New Testament. They should
> be the ones to interpret it. Christ founded one Church, not many.

I can't say for sure that Catholics wrote the New Testament though it is
pretty clear that it has been the most powerful denomination of
Christianity for quite a long time. Having been raised in it, I can't
say that there is anything wrong with it either except for the belief
that the Pope and the Vatican are somehow infallible. Still, you know
the religion much better than I do so if you see it as official, that's
good with me.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 9:05:45 AMFeb 13
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:

>> Luckily, you have me, the Son of Man, with complete theological
>> knowledge. So, I will begin by answering your question about the
>> Trinity, it's simply a matter of a soul having more than one spirit,
>> which is normal for a person as well as God.
>
>So do the three godpersons share a soul?

Not only them, but myself and all my past lives.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 9:06:14 AMFeb 13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2024-02-13, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 17:31:18 -0500, Joel wrote:
>>
>>> Luckily, you have me, the Son of Man, with complete theological
>>> knowledge. So, I will begin by answering your question about the
>>> Trinity, it's simply a matter of a soul having more than one spirit,
>>> which is normal for a person as well as God.
>>
>> So do the three godpersons share a soul?
>
>Jesus the Son, fully Man and fully God, has a human soul. God as the Trinity
>simply IS ("I am who am"). Read St. Thomas Aquinas if you really want the
>question answered. It involves the Mystery of the Incarnation.

Listen to RonB instead of me if you're a fucking moron.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 9:07:12 AMFeb 13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:

>accept Christianity or don't. If you're not a Christian why are you
>obsessed with Christianity? Kind of like Windows lovers who come to this
>newsgroup to whine about Linux. That's their problem not mine. Your hangup
>on Christianity is your problem, not mine.

What a Catholic, cracker-ass retard.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 9:09:21 AMFeb 13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2024-02-13, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:

>>> Catholicism.
>>
>> Having a religious group decide that their own version is true and others
>> are false ... is exactly the sort of circular reasoning I was talking
>> about.
>
>Whatever. Whom do you imagine is capable of judging the divinely instituted
>Church? You?

<snip retarded bullshit>

Listen to RonB if you're a fucking moron.

DFS

Feb 13, 2024, 9:11:44 AMFeb 13
On 2/13/2024 9:05 AM, Joel wrote:

> all my past lives.

Tell us about each of your past lives.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 9:11:57 AMFeb 13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:

>there are an untold number of Protestant
>sects. Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as He taught. Not
>a church where out their own interpretations of the Bible. Truth is not
>subjective, it's objective. Catholics wrote the New Testament. They should
>be the ones to interpret it. Christ founded one Church, not many.

God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.

%

Feb 13, 2024, 10:19:23 AMFeb 13
Joel wrote:
> RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> there are an untold number of Protestant
>> sects. Christ founded a Church that taught with authority as He taught. Not
>> a church where out their own interpretations of the Bible. Truth is not
>> subjective, it's objective. Catholics wrote the New Testament. They should
>> be the ones to interpret it. Christ founded one Church, not many.
>

> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.

listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
wearing a dress

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 10:35:05 AMFeb 13
And yet I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
works.

%

Feb 13, 2024, 10:45:32 AMFeb 13
Joel wrote:
> % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> Joel wrote:

>>> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
>>> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.
>>>
>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>> wearing a dress
>

> And yet I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
> works.

there's nothing funny about your mental illness

DFS

Feb 13, 2024, 10:49:23 AMFeb 13
On 2/13/2024 10:35 AM, Joel wrote:
> % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> Joel wrote:

>>> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
>>> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.
>>>
>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>> wearing a dress
>

> And yet I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
> works.

power?

Do you really believe the nutty things you say?

%

Feb 13, 2024, 11:11:02 AMFeb 13
but i am everything you hate

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 11:22:16 AMFeb 13
% <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:

>>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>>> wearing a dress
>>
>> And yet I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
>> works.
>>
>there's nothing funny about your mental illness

I'm not mentally ill.

RabidPedagog

Feb 13, 2024, 11:31:57 AMFeb 13
That all have the same commonality: he was a bottom.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 11:32:33 AMFeb 13
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>> I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
>> works.
>
>power?
>
>Do you really believe the nutty things you say?

When DJT hosted "Saturday Night Live" in 2004, when his own TV show
was big, I was watching it live with my old friend, and he remarked
that he thought Donald had a small penis, and my initial reaction,
having no real idea of Trump as a competitor to me, was to think that
was obnoxious of him to say, but another part of my mind remembered
how Trump had been divorced, and I pointed that out, and DJT
interrupted his monologue to acknowledge that it was true that he has
a small penis - which he would contradict in a Republican primary
debate that was televised in 2016..

Crump and Trump. Who's the real Jesus, Hitler or a bisexual wigger?
It's a hilarious thing, really. People are so easily persuaded to
reject me, and embrace this charlatan of a billionaire. But God is in
charge, not any of us.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 11:36:12 AMFeb 13
RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:
>On 2024-02-13 9:11 a.m., DFS wrote:
>> On 2/13/2024 9:05 AM, Joel wrote:
>>
>>> all my past lives.
>>
>> Tell us about each of your past lives.
>
>That all have the same commonality: he was a bottom.

I'm "verse" (versatile), I can fuck a biomale ass, or take a cock in
my own.

%

Feb 13, 2024, 11:59:54 AMFeb 13
Joel wrote:

>>> And yet I'm the one with the power, and not you. Funny how that
>>> works.
>>>
>> there's nothing funny about your mental illness
>

> I'm not mentally ill.

you'd be the last to know, koOky

%

Feb 13, 2024, 12:01:59 PMFeb 13
Joel wrote:
> Crump and Trump. Who's the real Jesus, Hitler or a bisexual wigger?
> It's a hilarious thing, really.

https://postimg.cc/PpM0x89M

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 12:02:25 PMFeb 13
% <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:

>>> there's nothing funny about your mental illness
>>
>> I'm not mentally ill.
>>
>you'd be the last to know, koOky

I say weird things but they are true things. I am the Son of Man. I'm
an unusual character, so you see some unusual things said by me.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 12:13:52 PMFeb 13
You can make all the nonsensical images you want, it's not going to
change the reality of who I am. You're just clinging to pranks from a
past time, much like you cling to Usenet at the expense of broadening
your horizons online. You're decaying.

RonB

Feb 13, 2024, 12:15:34 PMFeb 13
I don't take Joel seriously. He's a gnat.

%

Feb 13, 2024, 12:18:09 PMFeb 13
RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-13, % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> Joel wrote:

>>> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
>>> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.
>>>

>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>> wearing a dress
>
> I don't take Joel seriously. He's a gnat.

yepper

RabidPedagog

Feb 13, 2024, 12:23:43 PMFeb 13
On 2024-02-13 12:15 p.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-13, % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> Joel wrote:

>>> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
>>> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.
>>>

>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>> wearing a dress
>
> I don't take Joel seriously. He's a gnat.

Joel is basically Snit on Xanax.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 12:25:56 PMFeb 13
RonB <ronb02...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2024-02-13, % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> Joel wrote:

>>> God is *disgusted* with Catholicism, don't be fooled. RonB is a dumb
>>> cracker imbecile. Listen to him if you're a fucking moron.
>>>
>> listen to joel if you like to be ass banged by a guy
>> wearing a dress
>
>I don't take Joel seriously. He's a gnat.

The irony of you saying that is unbelievable. *You* are the "gnat",
Catholic-centric zerohedge.com-referencing white old fart. You're a
joke, I'm the Son of fucking Man. I am going to be exalted. You will
remember me and wish you'd listened to me, before long.

Joel

Feb 13, 2024, 12:26:38 PMFeb 13
You're an amoeba.

%

Feb 13, 2024, 12:29:55 PMFeb 13
Joel wrote:
> % <pre...@yahoo.net> wrote:
>> RonB wrote:

>>> I don't take Joel seriously. He's a gnat.
>>>
>> yepper
>

> You're an amoeba.

IKYABWAI

%

Feb 13, 2024, 12:39:52 PMFeb 13
you're fake me the biggest porker on usenet

%

Feb 13, 2024, 1:19:45 PMFeb 13

rbowman

Feb 13, 2024, 1:41:52 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:47:20 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:

> I can't say for sure that Catholics wrote the New Testament though it is
> pretty clear that it has been the most powerful denomination of
> Christianity for quite a long time.

The current canon was established around 380, by which time the Roman
empire had recognized Christianity as a valid religion. (323 iirc). So
arguably the Roman Catholics determined the canon. Peter is accepted as
the first Bishop of Rome though.

That was after a couple of hundred years of infighting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcion_of_Sinope

Personally I think Marcion was on to something.

The Protestants took another whack. Luther's first edition left out
Timothy (that epistle of straw) since it mentioned faith without works
wasn't enough, going against 'sola fide'. Some books got moved to
'Apocrypha' in part because Maccabees II mentioned prayers for the dead
which was also against Luther's theories.

RabidPedagog

Feb 13, 2024, 2:21:26 PMFeb 13
On 2024-02-13 1:41 p.m., rbowman wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:47:20 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:
>
>> I can't say for sure that Catholics wrote the New Testament though it is
>> pretty clear that it has been the most powerful denomination of
>> Christianity for quite a long time.
>
> The current canon was established around 380, by which time the Roman
> empire had recognized Christianity as a valid religion. (323 iirc).

Didn't it happen right after the Battle of Milvian Bridge? As the story
goes, Constantine had a dream in which he was told that if he painted a
version of the cross onto the shields of his soldiers, they would win
the battle. Soon thereafter, Christianity was accepted. Of course, I am
sure that there are political and social reasons why they had no choice
but to accept Christianity, such as the fact that none of their scare
tactics had stopped people from adopting the religion.

> So
> arguably the Roman Catholics determined the canon. Peter is accepted as
> the first Bishop of Rome though.
>
> That was after a couple of hundred years of infighting.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcion_of_Sinope
>
> Personally I think Marcion was on to something.
>
> The Protestants took another whack. Luther's first edition left out
> Timothy (that epistle of straw) since it mentioned faith without works
> wasn't enough, going against 'sola fide'. Some books got moved to
> 'Apocrypha' in part because Maccabees II mentioned prayers for the dead
> which was also against Luther's theories.

What I know of Christianity, either way, is based on Catholicism. I
can't help but be attached to it as a result. I am looking forward to
talking about it to my son though. I never thought I'd look forward to
something as much as talking about Jesus to my son.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

rbowman

Feb 13, 2024, 5:44:27 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:21:17 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:

> Didn't it happen right after the Battle of Milvian Bridge? As the story
> goes, Constantine had a dream in which he was told that if he painted a
> version of the cross onto the shields of his soldiers, they would win
> the battle. Soon thereafter, Christianity was accepted. Of course, I am
> sure that there are political and social reasons why they had no choice
> but to accept Christianity, such as the fact that none of their scare
> tactics had stopped people from adopting the religion.

Constantine's mother, Helena, was a Christian and was canonized. That may
have had more to do with his conversion than the In Hoc Signo Vinces
legend. He legalized the religion and called up the first Nicene Council.

It's always a woman :) Æthelberht married a little French hottie who
probably kept her legs crossed until he converted and voila, the first
Christian British king.

Despite Paul's carping about women Christians have always known the path
to success. Mithraism was very popular but it was a boy's club. The
Christians got the upper hand and suppressed it.

I wonder how history would have played out if Julian (the Apostate) hadn't
decided to take on the Persians and get himself killed.?

RabidPedagog

Feb 13, 2024, 5:55:52 PMFeb 13
If he had gone ahead and pretty much reduced Christianity to
insignificance? I don't know, but I get the impression that doing so
would have been disastrous whether it be through a military disaster or
a social one.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

rbowman

Feb 13, 2024, 11:48:20 PMFeb 13
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:55:47 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:

> If he had gone ahead and pretty much reduced Christianity to
> insignificance? I don't know, but I get the impression that doing so
> would have been disastrous whether it be through a military disaster or
> a social one.

Gibbon pointed to Christianity as a major factor in the decline of the
Roman Empire but his reasons were weak. Some of them are like the Hindu
arguments against Buddhism -- all the bright young men are going into
monasteries instead of fulfilling their duties as warriors and
administrators.

Julian was too late. Christianity had spread to the powerful instead of
being confined to the underclass.

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 8:26:26 AMFeb 14
I guess I'm glad I didn't go through with the essay I wanted to write
for my Roman History class all those years ago. I suggested that
Christianity weakened Rome and the teaching assistants laughed and said
that if I could prove it, all the better. I suppose that Gibbon who is
probably a lot more researched than I am already attempted it and failed
miserably.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

rbowman

Feb 14, 2024, 11:01:14 AMFeb 14
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 08:26:21 -0500, RabidPedagog wrote:

> I guess I'm glad I didn't go through with the essay I wanted to write
> for my Roman History class all those years ago. I suggested that
> Christianity weakened Rome and the teaching assistants laughed and said
> that if I could prove it, all the better. I suppose that Gibbon who is
> probably a lot more researched than I am already attempted it and failed
> miserably.

Time and place. He was a creature of the Enlightenment where the project
was to destroy all those old superstitions and create a new, rational
world.

<sarcasm>That has worked out really well.</sarcasm>

RonB

Feb 14, 2024, 11:11:27 AMFeb 14
Problem with a lot of historians is that they intentionally or
unintentionally skew history to match their bias.

DFS

Feb 14, 2024, 12:14:29 PMFeb 14
On 2/14/2024 11:11 AM, RonB wrote:

> Problem with a lot of historians is that they intentionally or
> unintentionally skew history to match their bias.

Same with cola Linux idiots who claim the 2020 voting machines were
"rigged".

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 12:41:20 PMFeb 14
On 2024-02-14 11:11 a.m., RonB wrote:
> On 2024-02-14, RabidPedagog <ra...@pedag.og> wrote:

>>> Gibbon pointed to Christianity as a major factor in the decline of the
>>> Roman Empire but his reasons were weak. Some of them are like the Hindu
>>> arguments against Buddhism -- all the bright young men are going into
>>> monasteries instead of fulfilling their duties as warriors and
>>> administrators.
>>>

>>> Julian was too late. Christianity had spread to the powerful instead of
>>> being confined to the underclass.
>>
>> I guess I'm glad I didn't go through with the essay I wanted to write
>> for my Roman History class all those years ago. I suggested that
>> Christianity weakened Rome and the teaching assistants laughed and said
>> that if I could prove it, all the better. I suppose that Gibbon who is
>> probably a lot more researched than I am already attempted it and failed
>> miserably.
>
> Problem with a lot of historians is that they intentionally or
> unintentionally skew history to match their bias.

That's quite possible. However, to me, the impact seemed obvious. Romans
grew up knowing that they would eventually be required to join the
military and their culture required them to honour their ancestors and
prove themselves in battle. That's quite a bit different from avoiding
military service altogether in favour of constant leisure, honouring
some bearded guy who is against violence and proving your worth through
prayer and good deeds. I'm not sure if good deeds were required of
Christians at the time though.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 12:53:58 PMFeb 14
Well, I am a "COLA idiot" who will proudly state that there is
absolutely no way the 2020 voting machines were not rigged, especially
when we know of Dominion's many vulnerabilities
(https://www.cisa.gov/news-events/ics-advisories/icsa-22-154-01). We are
supposed to believe the government simply telling us that they weren't
exploited when it's clear that there was a ton of Chinese exploitation
of these systems during the election.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RonB

Feb 14, 2024, 1:01:23 PMFeb 14
Well, since Christians were often martyred in the Roman Empire for refusing
to honor Roman gods, I'm pretty sure they weren't all that soft and squishy.

The Roman Empire (it had been a Republic) became decadent and rotted out
from the core — kind of like the United States is doing now.

DFS

Feb 14, 2024, 1:07:54 PMFeb 14
Could you send this, plus all your supporting "evidence", directly to
Dominion? Make sure to include your name and address and phone number.
Maybe you can get cola idiot RonG to co-sign it.

They're probably too busy counting the defamation money they won from
Fox for stating the same idiocy you and RonB posted, but Dominion might
need some of your money for employee bonuses.

Note: as a nobody on a backwater newsgroup, you're virtually immune from
being held responsible for such irresponsible defamatory claims, but if
you try hard you might get a cease-and-desist letter from Dominion.
Would that make you proud?

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 1:38:54 PMFeb 14
Much like the Romans, Americans will soon spend their days having orgies
before being slaughtered by the barbarians they're already busy letting
in. I wonder how long before the American military announces that
illegal aliens will automatically get citizenship in exchange for
military service... or have they already done that?

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 1:42:01 PMFeb 14
Oh, look at that, a problem ceased to exist the moment it helped
Democrats get into office:
<https://www.courthousenews.com/details-of-voting-equipment-breach-emerge-in-dominion-security-trial/>

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

DFS

Feb 14, 2024, 2:07:35 PMFeb 14
Voting machines have been used for decades, and everyone rightly
questions their integrity.

But why in 2020 were there charges of rigged machines that changed
enough votes to alter the election outcome? ONE reason only: scumbag
Donald J Trump, and his starstruck, gullible followers.

It amazes me anyone believes anything that pos says.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 14, 2024, 2:08:01 PMFeb 14
RabidPedagog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
Talk about yer basic broken chain-of-custody! From that article:

The copying of confidential election data from an elections office in rural
Coffee County was purportedly arranged by a group of individuals who are
now indicted alongside Trump on election interference charges. The
indictment accuses them of paying SullivanStrickler, an Atlanta tech
company to access the machines the day after the Jan. 6, 2021 riot at the
U.S. capitol.

--
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.

RabidPedagog

Feb 14, 2024, 2:14:43 PMFeb 14
NEWS FLASH: all politicians are hypocrites and simultaneously scumbags.
I'll remind you that only _one_ policitian, a Republican, voted against
lockdowns.

--
RabidPedagog
Catholic paleoconservative

RonB

Feb 14, 2024, 4:01:19 PMFeb 14
I think there was some program to fast track legal immigrants into
citizenship if they joined the military. I doubt there is any law that
allows illegal aliens to do so. Although Biden and his "Justice" Department
don't seem to have any trouble bypassing the laws. And the Federal courts
often back their play.

The law really doesn't mean anything to these people. We're now a "rules
based" country. We make up the "rules" as we go and ignore even those when
they become inconvenient. (Mostly for foreign consumption only.) More and
more the other countries are ignoring our "rules," which were all based
around the PetroDollar being "king." The "king" is dying.

-hh

Feb 14, 2024, 4:12:34 PMFeb 14
On Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 2:13:06 AM UTC-5, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 06:37:21 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>
> > Of course the Catholic Church decided what was canon. It was THEIR New
> > Testament, they wrote it.
>
> So much for being “the word of god”, then.

Particularly since they deleted the Gospel of St Thomas entirely...(!)

The Bible is the product of 2000 years of human editorial interventions.

-hh

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 8:03:59 PMFeb 15
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:15:32 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Only the Church had the authority (passed down
> through Jesus and His apostles) to decided which were which.

And who gave this “Church” of yours the authority?

Only documents produced by the “Church” itself.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 8:05:02 PMFeb 15
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:12:23 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Whom do you imagine is capable of judging the divinely
> instituted Church?

But it is only this “Church” itself that says it is “divinely instituted”.
Other religions disagree, based on arguments that have just as much worth
(or lack of it) as yours.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Feb 15, 2024, 8:05:51 PMFeb 15
On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 06:55:04 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> Jesus the Son, fully Man and fully God, has a human soul.

But don’t you lose that when you die?

So if he still has it, that means he never died.

Joel

Feb 15, 2024, 8:46:23 PMFeb 15
RonB is a fucking imbecile when it comes to anything theological. I'm
literally the second coming and pro-Linux but he killfiles me, because
I'm not some right-wing retard like him. It's so ironic.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.

Joel

Feb 15, 2024, 8:46:58 PMFeb 15
Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
Catholicism is an abomination.

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 8:59:14 PMFeb 15
You've got to admit the Joseph Smith using magical spectacle he dug up in
the back yard to read a document nobody else ever saw is pushing the
envelope. Then there is L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesamutti_Sutta

Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing,
nor upon tradition,
nor upon rumor,
nor upon what is in a scripture,
nor upon surmise,
nor upon an axiom,
nor upon specious reasoning,
nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over,
nor upon another's seeming ability,
nor upon the consideration, The monk is our teacher

Kalamas, when you yourselves know: "These things are good; these things
are not blamable; these things are praised by the wise; undertaken and
observed, these things lead to benefit and happiness," enter on and abide
in them.'

That's the Reader's Digest condensed version. Like many of the sutras
designed for oral transmission the full version is quite repetitious.

%

Feb 15, 2024, 9:23:39 PMFeb 15
Joel wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@nz.invalid> wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:15:32 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>>
>>> Only the Church had the authority (passed down
>>> through Jesus and His apostles) to decided which were which.
>>
>> And who gave this “Church” of yours the authority?
>>
>> Only documents produced by the “Church” itself.
>

> RonB is a fucking imbecile when it comes to anything theological. I'm
> literally the second coming and pro-Linux but he killfiles me, because
> I'm not some right-wing retard like him. It's so ironic.

i bet lots of people have you killfiled

%

Feb 15, 2024, 9:24:10 PMFeb 15
what does it say

Joel

Feb 15, 2024, 9:43:02 PMFeb 15
% <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> RonB is a fucking imbecile when it comes to anything theological. I'm
>> literally the second coming and pro-Linux but he killfiles me, because
>> I'm not some right-wing retard like him. It's so ironic.
>>
>i bet lots of people have you killfiled

And?

DFS

Feb 15, 2024, 9:49:26 PMFeb 15
On 2/15/2024 8:46 PM, Joel wrote:

> I'm literally the second coming

That's 'cause you're young. At my age the second coming is at least a
day after the first.

Joel

Feb 15, 2024, 9:56:13 PMFeb 15
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>> I'm literally the second coming
>
>That's 'cause you're young. At my age the second coming is at least a
>day after the first.

LOL, yeah, I'm about to be 47. But I have successfully jerked off
despite using DXM, twice recently. I had done that once as a young
guy, but my body now is more adapted to the substance. I can even
redose it without it being shitty. It's pretty bangin' to be me at
this point in my life.

%

Feb 15, 2024, 10:06:45 PMFeb 15
Joel wrote:
> % <purse...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> RonB is a fucking imbecile when it comes to anything theological. I'm
>>> literally the second coming and pro-Linux but he killfiles me, because
>>> I'm not some right-wing retard like him. It's so ironic.
>>>
>> i bet lots of people have you killfiled
>

> And?

and what , don't you wonder why

%

Feb 15, 2024, 10:07:25 PMFeb 15
Joel wrote:
> DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'm literally the second coming
>>
>> That's 'cause you're young. At my age the second coming is at least a
>> day after the first.
>

> LOL, yeah, I'm about to be 47. But I have successfully jerked off
> despite using DXM, twice recently. I had done that once as a young
> guy, but my body now is more adapted to the substance. I can even
> redose it without it being shitty. It's pretty bangin' to be me at
> this point in my life.

i have 4 different ages for you , and

rbowman

Feb 15, 2024, 11:06:27 PMFeb 15
On Thu, 15 Feb 2024 19:23:55 -0700, % wrote:

> what does it say

Google broken?

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an03/an03.065.soma.html

If you search you might see either sutra or sutta. The former is Sanskrit
and the latter is Pali. Mahayana uses sutra so you will see 'Diamond
Sutra'. The Pali canon is associated with Theravada which is sort of old
school, fundamentalist Buddhism.
It is loading more messages.