[News] Microsoft Accused of "Briberies", by Sony

Roy Schestowitz

Jul 4, 2007, 8:36:41 AM7/4/07
Sony: Microsoft "bribing" publishers for exclusive content

,----[ Quote ]
| "We don't buy exclusivity. We don't fund development. We don't, for lack
| of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform. We
| earn it." OUCH. And here we were thinking this was a business, Jack;
| silly old us.
`----

http://www.gamersquad.com/category/PlayStation-3/Sony-Microsoft-bribing-publishers-for-exclusive-content/

Microsoft is "bribing" in the same way in order to gain support for OOXML,
particular legislation, patent FUD, HD-DVD, etc.

"Bribery" (in this particular sense) has never been a bad word at Microsoft.
It's just a business strategy.

Recent:

,----[ Lessig said... ]

`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003800.shtml#003800

,----[ Quinn said... ]
| Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
| the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
| or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
| is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
| Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|
| Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
| playbook and words, in my opinion.
`----

Politicians in Microsoft's Pocket

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing on the theme of which politicians are receiving money from
| who. Here is a list of candidates who took money from MSFT.
`----

http://www.fonz.net/blog/archives/2007/06/04/politicians-in-microsofts-pocket/

Tom Shelton

Jul 4, 2007, 3:49:42 PM7/4/07
On Jul 4, 6:36 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@schestowitz.com> wrote:
> Sony: Microsoft "bribing" publishers for exclusive content
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "We don't buy exclusivity. We don't fund development. We don't, for lack
> | of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform. We
> | earn it." OUCH. And here we were thinking this was a business, Jack;
> | silly old us.
> `----
>
> http://www.gamersquad.com/category/PlayStation-3/Sony-Microsoft-bribi...

And Sony is going to sell your user data:

http://thebrowser.blogs.fortune.com/2007/07/03/sony-playstation-to-sell-user-data-to-advertisers/

--
Tom Shelton

jim

Jul 4, 2007, 4:10:26 PM7/4/07

"Tom Shelton" <tom_s...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Wow... The lunacy that develops when market share drops is simply
astounding.

Instead of feeding the golden goose better feed and cleaner water and
letting it roam freely to increase its health, they pluck its feathers to
sell for pillow stuffing.

jim