Dr. Roy Schestowitz Swats A Snit Horse Fly.

Son Of Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 2:04:44 PM8/13/11

The snit circus is in full operation over on
www.techrights.org.Ever since horse fly snit appeared on
the TechBytes webcast he has been whining and
complaining about minor semantic disagreements between
himself and Dr. Schestowitz. So far Dr. Schestowitz has
answered every single one of snit's questions including
but not limited to RMS and his views on consensual sex.
Snit however won't accept a straight answer but instead
goes off on tangents trying to confuse the topic and
cloud the waters. Roy otoh is able to remain focused and
gives direct, concise answers despite snit's idiocy.
There must be a screw loose or maybe too tight in snit's
brain. He really should change his name to nit because
that's what he is. Keep up the good postings Roy and
don't lose your patience with this loser snit.

Hadron

Aug 13, 2011, 2:24:36 PM8/13/11

lol

whoops! Another fine piece of "advocacy".....

--
Emacs outshines all other editing software in approximately the same way
that the noonday sun does the stars. It is not just bigger and brighter;

Son Of Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 2:34:38 PM8/13/11
In article <vrbovt6...@news.eternal-september.org>,
hadro...@gmail.com says...

> Son Of Snit <flocks...@umail.org> writes:
>
> > The snit circus is in full operation over on
> > www.techrights.org.Ever since horse fly snit appeared on
> > the TechBytes webcast he has been whining and
> > complaining about minor semantic disagreements between
> > himself and Dr. Schestowitz. So far Dr. Schestowitz has
> > answered every single one of snit's questions including
> > but not limited to RMS and his views on consensual sex.
> > Snit however won't accept a straight answer but instead
> > goes off on tangents trying to confuse the topic and
> > cloud the waters. Roy otoh is able to remain focused and
> > gives direct, concise answers despite snit's idiocy.
> > There must be a screw loose or maybe too tight in snit's
> > brain. He really should change his name to nit because
> > that's what he is. Keep up the good postings Roy and
> > don't lose your patience with this loser snit.

> lol
>
> whoops! Another fine piece of "advocacy".....

Gravity has been open sourced under the BSD license.
Next time check your facts before making a fool of
yourself. Better yet, remain silent. It's just better
that way for you, quirky.

Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 3:03:50 PM8/13/11
Hadron stated in post vrbovt6...@news.eternal-september.org on 8/13/11
11:24 AM:

> Son Of Snit <flocks...@umail.org> writes:
>
>> The snit circus is in full operation over on
>> www.techrights.org.Ever since horse fly snit appeared on
>> the TechBytes webcast he has been whining and
>> complaining about minor semantic disagreements between
>> himself and Dr. Schestowitz. So far Dr. Schestowitz has
>> answered every single one of snit's questions including
>> but not limited to RMS and his views on consensual sex.
>> Snit however won't accept a straight answer but instead
>> goes off on tangents trying to confuse the topic and
>> cloud the waters. Roy otoh is able to remain focused and
>> gives direct, concise answers despite snit's idiocy.
>> There must be a screw loose or maybe too tight in snit's
>> brain. He really should change his name to nit because
>> that's what he is. Keep up the good postings Roy and
>> don't lose your patience with this loser snit.

> lol
>
> whoops! Another fine piece of "advocacy".....

Roy repeatedly runs. Which amuses me.

I look forward to being on the radio show again...

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 3:51:02 PM8/13/11
In article <CA6C18A6.A2201%
use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
use...@gallopinginsanity.com says...

I wouldn't count on that happening.
I think Dr. Schestowitz has had his fill of your bile.
Just like the rest of us have.

schestowitz I see the COLA trolls has awoken in
#techrights Aug 12 19:58
schestowitz *troll Aug 12 19:58
MinceR
http://geekandpoke.typepad.com/geekandpoke/2009/09/t
he-enlightened-and-the-apple-fan-boy.html Aug 12 19:58
TechrightsSocial Title: Geek And Poke: The Enlightened
And The Apple Fan Boy .::. Size~: 43.4 KB Aug 12 19:58
MinceR schestowitz: the crApple fanboy one? Aug 12
19:58
schestowitz MinceR: God, it's funny! Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz MinceR: worse Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz He collaborates with the Windows trolls
there Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz Very shameless behaviour Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz And the libellous trolls Aug 12 19:59
MinceR unsurprising Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59
MinceR crApple and m$ are allies Aug 12 19:59
MinceR crApple fanboys secretly love m$ Aug 12 19:59
MinceR m$ fanboys secretly love crApple Aug 12 20:00
schestowitz And after the show he kept harassing me Aug
12 20:00
schestowitz Though I ignored him Aug 12 20:00

Clog_-_wog (®)

Aug 13, 2011, 4:03:51 PM8/13/11
"Son Of Snit" <flocks...@umail.org> schreef in bericht

> In article <vrbovt6...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> hadro...@gmail.com says...
>>
>> Son Of Snit <flocks...@umail.org> writes:
>>
>> > The snit circus is in full operation over on
>> > www.techrights.org.Ever since horse fly snit appeared on
>> > the TechBytes webcast he has been whining and
>> > complaining about minor semantic disagreements between
>> > himself and Dr. Schestowitz. So far Dr. Schestowitz has
>> > answered every single one of snit's questions including
>> > but not limited to RMS and his views on consensual sex.
>> > Snit however won't accept a straight answer but instead
>> > goes off on tangents trying to confuse the topic and
>> > cloud the waters. Roy otoh is able to remain focused and
>> > gives direct, concise answers despite snit's idiocy.
>> > There must be a screw loose or maybe too tight in snit's
>> > brain. He really should change his name to nit because
>> > that's what he is. Keep up the good postings Roy and
>> > don't lose your patience with this loser snit.

>> lol
>>
>> whoops! Another fine piece of "advocacy".....
>
> Gravity has been open sourced under the BSD license.

Huh!

> Next time check your facts before making a fool of
> yourself. Better yet, remain silent. It's just better
> that way for you, quirky.

MicroPlanet Gravity is a full featured *Windows* Usenet online/offline
Usenet news client with an extensive feature list including Rules, Scoring,
and Filters.
Publisher : MicroPlanet
License model : *Freeware*
Language : en
Release date : 9/15/10
File size : 17.93 Kb
Not a bad choice b.t.w.

Clog_-_wog (®)

Aug 13, 2011, 4:14:38 PM8/13/11
"Snit" <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> schreef in bericht
Dream on Snit, Goobler has gone probably spanked by his master Roy for
letting you on the show, just try to make an appointment with Roy! lol !
Roy can't stand *any* criticism, don't you know this by now? Just ask Jack
Schofield.

Since Roy was reprimanded by Jack Schofield, his site is littered with rants
against one of the best British technology journalists ever.
[q]
"It looks like Jack Schofield (aka "Microsoft Jack")...
"M icrosoft Jack (Jack Schofield [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ])"
"Microsoft's booster Jack Schofield"
"Microsoft's UK booster Jack Schofield"
[q/]
a.s.o.
http://techrights.org/index.php?s=Jack+Schofield

Hadron

Aug 13, 2011, 4:38:29 PM8/13/11

Is Schofield aware that Schestowitz is libelling him?

Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 4:39:59 PM8/13/11
Clog_-_wog (®) stated in post j26lvj$qda$1...@speranza.aioe.org on 8/13/11
1:14 PM:

Well, I have him from his IRC channel saying he would welcome it.

We shall see...

> Since Roy was reprimanded by Jack Schofield, his site is littered with rants
> against one of the best British technology journalists ever.
> [q]
> "It looks like Jack Schofield (aka "Microsoft Jack")...
> "M icrosoft Jack (Jack Schofield [ 1, 2, 3, 4 ])"
> "Microsoft's booster Jack Schofield"
> "Microsoft's UK booster Jack Schofield"
> [q/]
> a.s.o.
> http://techrights.org/index.php?s=Jack+Schofield

Oh, Roy will bad-mouth me after the show. After the first one he called me
a liar:
Roy:
-----
On the show he also said that he had tried KDE. Later it
turned out that he lied because he said he had only judged
it based on videos and/or screenshots.
-----

So I listened to the show and picked out the parts where he and I talked
about KDE (with timecodes for anyone who wants to check):

Snit: 8:47
-----
I don't use KDE that much...
-----

Roy: 9:42
-----
Have you had a chance to use KDE3 before?
-----
Snit: 9:43
-----
I have - I mean I have mostly used Gnome - but I have used
KDE.
-----
Roy: 9:47
-----
What did you find very confusing about it?
-----
Snit: 9:52
-----
Well, in the past I've had screenshots and even some videos
online - I don't know if you've seen some of those...
-----

So Roy got confused and thought the videos and screenshots I referenced were
ones I found - not ones I made to support a point. He also was thinking in
terms of KDE3, which I have used more than KDE4, and then spoke of this
"lie" about KDE4 which I have used less than KDE3.

We all make mistakes - but he then called me a liar over his own
misunderstanding... and has run away every time I have asked him about this.
He will *never* admit to his error in COLA, even though that is where he
made his error. He knows the herd would not like it if he were honest.

And, yes, I plan on asking him about this on the show. Nothing hidden...
but if he is going to call me a liar in public, there is no reason for me to
not ask him about his accusation and show him where his claims are faulty.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Clog_-_wog (®)

Aug 13, 2011, 4:54:04 PM8/13/11
"Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> schreef in bericht

No, he's one of the best British technology journalists ever, I bet he's got
better things to do than follow a madman-stalker-spammer's fabricated
"opinions"!
b.t.w.
Might Linux loons realize that their rants go into thin air?
I bet that big companies like Apple and Microsoft even Google, have never
heard of "COLA", the loons or their bosses Homer and Schestowitz.

Son Of Snit

Aug 13, 2011, 9:35:49 PM8/13/11
In article <CA6C2F2F.A2220%
use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
use...@gallopinginsanity.com says...

> Clog_-_wog (®) stated in post j26lvj$qda$1...@speranza.aioe.org on 8/13/11
> 1:14 PM:
> > Dream on Snit, Goobler has gone probably spanked by
his master Roy for
> > letting you on the show, just try to make an appointment with Roy! lol !
> > Roy can't stand *any* criticism, don't you know this by now? Just ask Jack
> > Schofield.
>
> Well, I have him from his IRC channel saying he would welcome it.

That's not what Dr. Schestowitz says.
This is what Dr. Schestowitz says about you->

Clogwog

Aug 14, 2011, 6:06:26 AM8/14/11

> In article <CA6C2F2F.A2220%
> use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
> use...@gallopinginsanity.com says...
>>
>> Clog_-_wog (ᅵ) stated in post j26lvj$qda$1...@speranza.aioe.org on 8/13/11

>> 1:14 PM:
>> > Dream on Snit, Goobler has gone probably spanked by
> his master Roy for
>> > letting you on the show, just try to make an appointment with Roy! lol
>> > !
>> > Roy can't stand *any* criticism, don't you know this by now? Just ask
>> > Jack
>> > Schofield.
>>
>> Well, I have him from his IRC channel saying he would welcome it.
>
> That's not what Dr. Schestowitz says.
> This is what Dr. Schestowitz says about you->
>
> "schestowitz And the libellous trolls Aug 12 19:59
> MinceR unsurprising Aug 12 19:59
>
> schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
> Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59"

Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his master Roy for
letting you on the show!
Where is "Goblin" anyway?, silenced perhaps?

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 14, 2011, 8:03:54 AM8/14/11
Son Of Snit wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> schestowitz And after the show he kept harassing me Aug

So does Flounder.

--
"Remember, Information is not knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom;
Wisdom is not truth; Truth is not beauty; Beauty is not love;

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 14, 2011, 8:05:38 AM8/14/11
Clogwog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>> schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
>> Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59"
>
> Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his master Roy for
> letting you on the show!
> Where is "Goblin" anyway?, silenced perhaps?

I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D

--
A journalist, thrilled over his dinner, asked the chef for the recipe.
Retorted the chef, "Sorry, we have the same policy as you journalists, we

animal

Aug 14, 2011, 8:48:49 AM8/14/11

"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote in message

> Clogwog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>>> schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
>>> Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59"
>>
>> Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his master Roy
>> for
>> letting you on the show!
>> Where is "Goblin" anyway?, silenced perhaps?
>
> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D

SLURP. SLURP.

animal

Aug 14, 2011, 8:48:50 AM8/14/11

> Son Of Snit wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> schestowitz And after the show he kept harassing me Aug
>
> So does Flounder.

SLURP. SLURP.

Hadron

Aug 14, 2011, 8:53:07 AM8/14/11
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> writes:

> Clogwog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>>> schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
>>> Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59"
>>
>> Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his master Roy for
>> letting you on the show!
>> Where is "Goblin" anyway?, silenced perhaps?
>
> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D

Still sucking up and humiliating yourself I see Creepy! LOL! What a
weenie!

William Poaster

Aug 14, 2011, 10:53:36 AM8/14/11
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:05:38 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Clogwog wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>>> schestowitz I don't want him on another episode, it's
>>> Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59"
>>
>> Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his master Roy for
>> letting you on the show!
>> Where is "Goblin" anyway?, silenced perhaps?
>
> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D

LOL!

High Plains Thumper

Aug 14, 2011, 11:12:21 AM8/14/11
William Poaster wrote:
> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> Well, I suspected this, Goobler was probably spanked by his
>>> master Roy for letting you on the show! Where is "Goblin"
>>> anyway?, silenced perhaps?
>>
>> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D
>
> LOL!

+2

--
HPT

Goblin

Aug 14, 2011, 8:17:37 PM8/14/11

@ All.

Sorry folks, very much alive and unspanked...by Roy or anyone else.

As for Snit appearing on another episode...he is and will be. Snit
asked if he could come on, I agreed, so did Roy. Its on the logs. Are
the questions on who comes on the show really need for a protracted
conversation in COLA?

Must be.

--
Openbytes the Linux/FOSS Blogazine! - http://www.openbytes.tk
"Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui."

BytesMedia: www.bytesmedia.co.uk

Email: bytes...@googlemail.com

Skype: tim.openbytes
Twitter: twitter.com/_goblin
Identi.ca: identi.ca/openbytes

Son Of Snit

Aug 14, 2011, 8:22:23 PM8/14/11
In article <CAZ1q.16082$bt.1...@newsfe03.ams2>,
bytes...@googlemail.com says...

> On 14/08/11 15:53, William Poaster wrote:

> >> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D
> >
> > LOL!
>
> @ All.
>
> Sorry folks, very much alive and unspanked...by Roy or anyone else.
>
> As for Snit appearing on another episode...he is and will be. Snit
> asked if he could come on, I agreed, so did Roy. Its
> on the logs.

Maybe you should check your own logs

[...]

Snit

Aug 14, 2011, 8:26:02 PM8/14/11
Goblin stated in post CAZ1q.16082$bt.1...@newsfe03.ams2 on 8/14/11 5:17 PM:

> On 14/08/11 15:53, William Poaster wrote:

>>> I'll bet Roy had him killed. Oooo oooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :-D
>>
>> LOL!
>
> @ All.
>
> Sorry folks, very much alive and unspanked...by Roy or anyone else.
>
> As for Snit appearing on another episode...he is and will be. Snit
> asked if he could come on, I agreed, so did Roy. Its on the logs. Are
> the questions on who comes on the show really need for a protracted
> conversation in COLA?
>
> Must be.

For the record: even though Roy and I have had some heated debates, and even
some name calling and other "low quality" posts have been exchanged between
us, I respect that fact that he is willing to have me on the show and be
there with me. I look forward to it...

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 14, 2011, 8:29:11 PM8/14/11
On 15/08/11 01:22, Son Of Snit wrote:
> I wouldn't count on that happening.
> I think Dr. Schestowitz has had his fill of your bile.
> Just like the rest of us have.

Really? My bile? I'll bring that up next show. I thought this was about
Snit coming on?

Who knows whats going through your mind, but I distinctly remember
before I disapeared off on other business myself Roy and Michael all had
a conversation in IRC whereby we all agreed to do another show meetup in
September. I believe Snit had commitments in August (if memory serves)...

Tell me Mr "new handle" is this what is considered a discussion point in
COLA now? Now maybe, there has been something happened after that date,
but last time we all spoke together we were all in agreement for
September....

Sorry for having a life outside computing which has taken me away for a
week...

I hope this response fulfills your need for pointless threads.

Snit

Aug 14, 2011, 8:37:56 PM8/14/11
Goblin stated in post sLZ1q.150206$29.8...@newsfe08.ams2 on 8/14/11 5:29
PM:

> On 15/08/11 01:22, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> I wouldn't count on that happening.
>> I think Dr. Schestowitz has had his fill of your bile.
>> Just like the rest of us have.
>
> Really? My bile? I'll bring that up next show. I thought this was about
> Snit coming on?
>
> Who knows whats going through your mind, but I distinctly remember
> before I disapeared off on other business myself Roy and Michael all had
> a conversation in IRC whereby we all agreed to do another show meetup in
> September. I believe Snit had commitments in August (if memory serves)...

Yes... classes starting this week and next.

> Tell me Mr "new handle" is this what is considered a discussion point in
> COLA now? Now maybe, there has been something happened after that date,
> but last time we all spoke together we were all in agreement for
> September....
>
> Sorry for having a life outside computing which has taken me away for a
> week...
>
> I hope this response fulfills your need for pointless threads.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 14, 2011, 9:47:22 PM8/14/11
In article <sLZ1q.150206$29.8...@newsfe08.ams2>,
bytes...@googlemail.com says...

> On 15/08/11 01:22, Son Of Snit wrote:
> > I wouldn't count on that happening.
> > I think Dr. Schestowitz has had his fill of your bile.
> > Just like the rest of us have.
>
> Really? My bile? I'll bring that up next show. I thought this was about
> Snit coming on?

Not your bile, Snit's bile.
That was from my original message

> Who knows whats going through your mind, but I distinctly remember
> before I disapeared off on other business myself Roy and Michael all had
> a conversation in IRC whereby we all agreed to do another show meetup in
> September. I believe Snit had commitments in August (if memory serves)...
>
> Tell me Mr "new handle" is this what is considered a discussion point in
> COLA now? Now maybe, there has been something happened after that date,
> but last time we all spoke together we were all in agreement for
> September....
>
> Sorry for having a life outside computing which has taken me away for a
> week...
>
> I hope this response fulfills your need for pointless threads.

You're a complete idiot because I agree with Dr. Roy
Schestowitz and you and circus-de-holay Snit keep
ignoring what he said in irc.

Roy specifically stated that he does not want snit on
the show again.
How much clearer does it have to be?

Here is the original message, with the bile comment
referring to snit.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/ms
g/8dbe07b0a38d646c?hl=en

And here is Dr. Roy Schestowitz saying he does not want
snit on the show again and blaming you for inviting him.

schestowitz Very shameless behaviour Aug 12
19:59
schestowitz And the libellous trolls Aug 12
19:59
MinceR unsurprising Aug 12 19:59
schestowitz I don't want him on another episode,
it's
Tim who invited him on Aug 12 19:59

I think you may be an even bigger troll than snit is.
You certainly are a bigger idiot.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 5:16:28 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 02:47, Son Of Snit wrote:
> You're a complete idiot because I agree with Dr. Roy
> Schestowitz and you and circus-de-holay Snit keep
> ignoring what he said in irc.

Im not ignoring anything. I merely pointed out that before I left for 6
days, Snit had asked to come on and Roy and I agreed. Its in the logs.
Whatever has happened in my absence is anyones guess, but Roy and me
both agreed at the time.

You are the idiot for firstly a cheap new handle which is obviously a
COLA poster who wants to hide their identity (probably because they have
claimed to have killfiled snit and dont want to respond until their real
handle) secondly an idiot for not being aware of the original
conversations between myself and Roy...

But thirdly (and probably most importantly) the idiot for carrying on
this silly discussion....Is this what you come to COLA for?

Oh dear.

> I think you may be an even bigger troll than snit is.
> You certainly are a bigger idiot.

lol...Wheres your advocacy? Get a life. Would you like to go on the
show with Roy instead of me next episode and show me how its done.

Lol. How about it Mr "Adovacay" you take my place...with your unique
skills....

My god, If Im the idiot what on earth does that make you.

Sadly, with this type of "advocacy" this now seems the death throes of COLA.

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 6:10:11 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 15/08/11 02:47, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> You're a complete idiot because I agree with Dr. Roy
>> Schestowitz and you and circus-de-holay Snit keep
>> ignoring what he said in irc.
>
> Im not ignoring anything. I merely pointed out that before I left for 6 days,
> Snit had asked to come on and Roy and I agreed. Its in the logs. Whatever has
> happened in my absence is anyones guess, but Roy and me both agreed at the time.
>
> You are the idiot for firstly a cheap new handle which is obviously a COLA
> poster who wants to hide their identity (probably because they have claimed to
> have killfiled snit and dont want to respond until their real handle) secondly
> an idiot for not being aware of the original conversations between myself and
> Roy...
>
> But thirdly (and probably most importantly) the idiot for carrying on this silly
> discussion....Is this what you come to COLA for?
>
> Oh dear.
>
>> I think you may be an even bigger troll than snit is.
>> You certainly are a bigger idiot.
>
> lol...Wheres your advocacy? Get a life. Would you like to go on the show with
> Roy instead of me next episode and show me how its done.
>
> Lol. How about it Mr "Adovacay" you take my place...with your unique skills....
>
> My god, If Im the idiot what on earth does that make you.
>
> Sadly, with this type of "advocacy" this now seems the death throes of COLA.

It's been like this for years.

Even you must realise that.

It's why many of us are here : to slap down lunatic "advocates" - not to
diss or ruin Linux.

The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point : I
rpedicted it, was correct once more and now the usual suspects are
either out and out lying about it not existing or denying they ever
claimed Android would be impenetratable.

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 15, 2011, 6:19:49 AM8/15/11

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 15, 2011, 6:23:14 AM8/15/11

____/ Goblin on Monday 15 Aug 2011 10:16 : \____

> On 15/08/11 02:47, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> You're a complete idiot because I agree with Dr. Roy
>> Schestowitz and you and circus-de-holay Snit keep
>> ignoring what he said in irc.
>

> Im not ignoring anything. I merely pointed out that before I left for 6
> days, Snit had asked to come on and Roy and I agreed. Its in the logs.
> Whatever has happened in my absence is anyones guess, but Roy and me
> both agreed at the time.
>
> You are the idiot for firstly a cheap new handle which is obviously a
> COLA poster who wants to hide their identity (probably because they have
> claimed to have killfiled snit and dont want to respond until their real
> handle) secondly an idiot for not being aware of the original
> conversations between myself and Roy...
>
> But thirdly (and probably most importantly) the idiot for carrying on
> this silly discussion....Is this what you come to COLA for?
>
> Oh dear.
>
>> I think you may be an even bigger troll than snit is.
>> You certainly are a bigger idiot.
>
> lol...Wheres your advocacy? Get a life. Would you like to go on the
> show with Roy instead of me next episode and show me how its done.
>
> Lol. How about it Mr "Adovacay" you take my place...with your unique
> skills....
>
> My god, If Im the idiot what on earth does that make you.
>
> Sadly, with this type of "advocacy" this now seems the death throes of COLA.

I think you uncharacterise who advocates in COLA actually are. Some provocative new
nyms are trying to cause a rift by pretending to be advocates. This has been done
for ages.

It is more or less clear, based on history, who is an advocates. The advocates --
myself included -- criticise Linux a lot, where it's deserved. It is not
an echo chamber. Some trolls' plea for 'balance' is a plea to allow trolling
and utter lie. It's like the "tolerance" argument some people invoke to cause
self-censorship.

- --
~~ Best of wishes

http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux administration | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Contact Internet phone (SIP): sches...@ekiga.net (24/7)

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 15, 2011, 6:25:19 AM8/15/11

TomB

Aug 15, 2011, 6:22:43 AM8/15/11
On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:

8<

> The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point : I
> rpedicted it, was correct once more and now the usual suspects are
> either out and out lying about it not existing or denying they ever
> claimed Android would be impenetratable.

Show me one COLA posting where /anyone/ claims that there's no malware
on Android or that Android would be 'impenetrable'.

--
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 6:54:24 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 11:10, Hadron wrote:
> It's been like this for years.
>
> Even you must realise that.

Maybe my largest post ever....

Without excusing the behaviour of those who seek to disrupt, I find
myself saying you make a valid point.

There are of course quite a few people who post here who I hold in high
regard, for fear of starting a thread of silliness by those disgruntled
by not being named, I won't name them at all.

I am not liked, I am not agreed with, but the one thing I do have is the
evidence of my Linux/FOSS advocacy over the years. Nobody can call me
shill for anything.

What disappoints me is that a potential good source of valid discussion
is ruined by those who seek to merely argue non-linux related points and
dwell on incidents that occurred years ago. Thats not Linux.advocacy
thats more irrelevant.bickering.

I still do read COLA (due to the posters who actually do advocate/post
outside of COLA) and I may comment, but what Ive found is COLA is a
complete distraction from the point and its very easy to be caught up in
the infantile world of name calling and petty squabbles.

That being said, COLA is not a meeting place for anything really
related to true advocacy. 2 Weeks on G+ has shown that even on Googles
offering, Ive entered into relevant, topical (and more importantly)
polite conversations actually related to Linux and free software. The
same goes for Diaspora.

As much as I would like to say its the fault of the Microsoft Advocates,
its not. Its on both sides. COLA seems to exist because the two
parties actually like fighting between themselves.

Of course theres obvious tactics on both sides but some of which Ive
observed are the following:

1. Linux advocate claims to killfile, new handle appears in order to
engage said person, Linux advocate is now able to comment on "killfiled"
person because they can now "see" the conversation.

2. Microsoft advocate repeats a distorted claim ad infinitum.

3. Microsoft advocate claims to have used Linux/FOSS and Failed.

4. Linux advocate claims to used Windows and failed.

5. Both groups bring up incidents which occurred years ago, repeat,
rinse, post.

These are the rules that the group seems to use as a whole and I think
everyone is guilty, all the while precious little advocacy goes on.

I would love to see what would happen if all Microsoft Advocacy and
anti-linux/foss sentiment left the NG for a few weeks. I would guess
the NG would die. It thrives on conflict - which is a point Ive made
before. If the flame war didn't exist what would COLA say? Its
certainly not a good source of up to date Linux/FOSS news because there
are plenty of sites for that. Its certainly not a place for civilized
conversation in the main and to its shame G+ even manages that.

My praise of COLA is now limited to the few genuine, honest and
intelligent people who post their Linux advocacy here. As for the rest,
well I'd guess when COLA goes they will merely disappear...they've made
no mark at all outside of this NG.

I would guess this post would attract a few "new handles" to make
comment. Especially from those who claim to have killfiled me but as
Ive said before, I don't follow the herd, I have my own opinions and to
hell with everyone, if they agree fine, if they don't no problem at all.
I am not a member of a club and I don't blindly follow people because
they happen to use the same software as me. Thats just childish,
infantile and certainly not advocacy of any kind.

> The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point

Does it matter? Why does anyone get hung up on this? Android is damn
popular and rightfully so. No matter how secure it is, people can
always be tricked into installing code which is malicious...the cause?
Average user apathy to dangers and ignorance.

If people are to attack Android security issues then thats probably an
argument to get rid of Windows since its seen its fair share.

And no matter who is "right", its shouting in the wind. The mainstream
user just does not care. The mainstream user (and the user whose
purchase decides the future of any product) have no interest in the
issues we discuss, they just want a product and at the moment that is
overwhelmingly Android. Try talking about the "evils" of proprietary to
an average user.....they are uninterested. Try warning the average user
about security issues.....they don't care until it effects them directly.

Now to paste in a quote from my co-host Roy (in this thread):

> I think you uncharacterise who advocates in COLA actually are. Some provocative new
> nyms are trying to cause a rift by pretending to be advocates. This has been done
> for ages.
>
> It is more or less clear, based on history, who is an advocates. The advocates --
> myself included -- criticise Linux a lot, where it's deserved. It is not
> an echo chamber. Some trolls' plea for 'balance' is a plea to allow trolling
> and utter lie. It's like the "tolerance" argument some people invoke to cause
> self-censorship.

And as I say, Ive seen more linux/FOSS advocacy on G+ and Diaspora in 2
weeks then Ive seen in COLA over the last year. To me an advocate is
not a COLA poster who has bickered for years, advocacy is about getting
out there and actually introducing people to Linux/FOSS, not bickering
in the world of Usenet with its limited audience of people who already
know about Linux/FOSS. Advocacy is about writing, introducing, praising
decent software. Advocacy is not merely spending all your time engaging
those Microsoft Advocates in name calling or bringing up incidents which
few people remember and even less know about from years ago.

As I said before, this doesn't apply to everyone, but unfortunately the
overwhelming majority are merely here for the fighting.

Anyway, I expect this reply is off-topic for COLA and everyone wants to
get back to name calling so I will end it there. I would like to say we
could debate this in future TB eps, unfortunately for the majority of
listeners I don't think they'd even have an interest in COLA and
therefore it would be a waste of time.

William Poaster

Aug 15, 2011, 7:48:07 AM8/15/11

Don't hold your breath. That trolling Hadron f#ckwit rarely backs any of
his "claims" up.

--
Surely you are not comparing the
non-existent Linux (at that time)

Peter Köhlmann

Aug 15, 2011, 8:21:46 AM8/15/11
William Poaster wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:22:43 +0200, TomB wrote:
>
>> On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>>
>> 8<
>>
>>> The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point : I
>>> rpedicted it, was correct once more and now the usual suspects are
>>> either out and out lying about it not existing or denying they ever
>>> claimed Android would be impenetratable.
>>
>> Show me one COLA posting where /anyone/ claims that there's no malware
>> on Android or that Android would be 'impenetrable'.
>
> Don't hold your breath. That trolling Hadron f#ckwit rarely backs any of
> his "claims" up.

And if he does, the link he provides usually doesn't say what he is claiming
it does

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 8:45:20 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 11:19, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> You've missed all the aggravation Michael has given me and also given other
> people in the IRC channels. It was not even argumentative, it was
> more akin to trolling at times, even when he knew I was busy
> doing something else (like handling downtime or SSL certificates).

Thats fair enough, but at the time, Michael asked to come on, I said yes
and so did you. The "invite" was not from me but as a result of a
request by Michael which we both agreed on.

I was not privy to anything after that.

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 8:46:54 AM8/15/11
In article <Nt52q.190856$Zn.6...@newsfe30.ams2>,
bytes...@googlemail.com says...

> On 15/08/11 02:47, Son Of Snit wrote:
> > You're a complete idiot because I agree with Dr. Roy
> > Schestowitz and you and circus-de-holay Snit keep
> > ignoring what he said in irc.
>

> Im not ignoring anything. I merely pointed out that before I left for 6
> days, Snit had asked to come on and Roy and I agreed. Its in the logs.
> Whatever has happened in my absence is anyones guess, but Roy and me
> both agreed at the time.

Well he doesn't agree now and he's right.
You are wrong to even deal with a troll like that.

> You are the idiot for firstly a cheap new handle which
is obviously a
> COLA poster who wants to hide their identity (probably because they have
> claimed to have killfiled snit and dont want to respond until their real
> handle) secondly an idiot for not being aware of the original
> conversations between myself and Roy...

And what's your identity "Tim Goblin" ?
At least Dr. Roy Schestowwitz has the courage to put his
real name behind what he says.

> But thirdly (and probably most importantly) the idiot for carrying on
> this silly discussion....Is this what you come to COLA for?

That Snit is a troll?
That's not a silly discussion, it's a fact.
Something you don't seem to have too many of "Goblin".

> Oh dear.
Are you female?
You write like you are.

> lol...Wheres your advocacy? Get a life. Would you
like to go on the
> show with Roy instead of me next episode and show me how its done.

I don't advocate anything, I merely point out when
idiots like you make a major error by allowing a
prolific troll like snit to pollute what is otherwise a
legitimate cause.

> Lol. How about it Mr "Adovacay" you take my place...with your unique
> skills....

You make all the errors and now it's about me.
How typical.

Go ahead move the snit circus to another medium.
It will destroy the credibility of you and Dr.
Schestowitz show and all the work he has put into it and
his websites building up Linux. Many people know and
follow Roy. Who even knows who you are "Goblin"? You
don't even use your own name. Probably because you are
weak in your convictions.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:03:43 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post BV62q.12199$262....@newsfe10.ams2 on 8/15/11 3:54 AM:

> On 15/08/11 11:10, Hadron wrote:
>> It's been like this for years.
>>
>> Even you must realise that.
>
> Maybe my largest post ever....
>
> Without excusing the behaviour of those who seek to disrupt, I find
> myself saying you make a valid point.
>
> There are of course quite a few people who post here who I hold in high
> regard, for fear of starting a thread of silliness by those disgruntled
> by not being named, I won't name them at all.
>
> I am not liked, I am not agreed with, but the one thing I do have is the
> evidence of my Linux/FOSS advocacy over the years. Nobody can call me
> shill for anything.

Well, perhaps not honestly. I am called a Windows shill and a Mac shill and
many other things... but not honestly. I am sure you can and will be called
those things as well if you keep posting here.

> What disappoints me is that a potential good source of valid discussion
> is ruined by those who seek to merely argue non-linux related points and
> dwell on incidents that occurred years ago. Thats not Linux.advocacy
> thats more irrelevant.bickering.
>
> I still do read COLA (due to the posters who actually do advocate/post
> outside of COLA) and I may comment, but what Ive found is COLA is a
> complete distraction from the point and its very easy to be caught up in
> the infantile world of name calling and petty squabbles.

You are a quality poster - someone who is knowledgeable and honest. So is
An Old Friend. He has completely left... and you are largely out.

This, I think, is the goal of many in COLA - they do not want honest and
knowledgeable posters here. The more honest you are, the more they attack.
I do not blame such folks for leaving... and clearly I am one of the ones
most under attack, but I stay because the psychology of it intrigues me.

> That being said, COLA is not a meeting place for anything really
> related to true advocacy. 2 Weeks on G+ has shown that even on Googles
> offering, Ive entered into relevant, topical (and more importantly)
> polite conversations actually related to Linux and free software. The
> same goes for Diaspora.

I have not tried Diaspora. Perhaps I shall.

One strength - and weakness - of the G+ conversations is you have better
control of who is a part of the conversation. This means that you tend not
to have folks just there to disrupt, but you also might lose out on some
contrary views.

> As much as I would like to say its the fault of the Microsoft Advocates,
> its not. Its on both sides. COLA seems to exist because the two
> parties actually like fighting between themselves.
>
> Of course theres obvious tactics on both sides but some of which Ive
> observed are the following:
>
> 1. Linux advocate claims to killfile, new handle appears in order to
> engage said person, Linux advocate is now able to comment on "killfiled"
> person because they can now "see" the conversation.
>
> 2. Microsoft advocate repeats a distorted claim ad infinitum.
>
> 3. Microsoft advocate claims to have used Linux/FOSS and Failed.
>
> 4. Linux advocate claims to used Windows and failed.
>
> 5. Both groups bring up incidents which occurred years ago, repeat,
> rinse, post.
>
> These are the rules that the group seems to use as a whole and I think
> everyone is guilty, all the while precious little advocacy goes on.

I see this as well... though the "advocates" not only KF those who post
clearly silly claims but those who post claims not in support of the status
quo of Linux (or, in my case, desktop Linux).

> I would love to see what would happen if all Microsoft Advocacy and
> anti-linux/foss sentiment left the NG for a few weeks. I would guess
> the NG would die. It thrives on conflict - which is a point Ive made
> before. If the flame war didn't exist what would COLA say? Its
> certainly not a good source of up to date Linux/FOSS news because there
> are plenty of sites for that. Its certainly not a place for civilized
> conversation in the main and to its shame G+ even manages that.

I would love to see folks on both sides work to make honest points they can
support... and, when they make mistakes, to be willing to admit to them.
And when they do not know something, admit to that as well. Eliminate name
calling and insults - though if someone is doing something wrong and you can
back it then, given the environment, it does sometimes make sense to call it
out.

> My praise of COLA is now limited to the few genuine, honest and
> intelligent people who post their Linux advocacy here. As for the rest,
> well I'd guess when COLA goes they will merely disappear...they've made
> no mark at all outside of this NG.
>
> I would guess this post would attract a few "new handles" to make
> comment. Especially from those who claim to have killfiled me but as
> Ive said before, I don't follow the herd, I have my own opinions and to
> hell with everyone, if they agree fine, if they don't no problem at all.

You referenced the herd. While it clearly is a big part of COLA, those who
are members of the herd (or cowed by it) will claim you have posted a
horrible lie or insult or whatever. Never mind that nobody really doubts
that the "advocates" often act as a herd, accepting each others insults and
accusations without question (etc.).

> I am not a member of a club and I don't blindly follow people because
> they happen to use the same software as me. Thats just childish,
> infantile and certainly not advocacy of any kind.

And will lead to many in COLA not liking you. I also post to CSMS where
there are what I sometimes call "coalitions"... but the level of group-think
there is not as extreme as it is in COLA. It really is amazing. Mac users
are often accused of being cult-ish, but I have never seen anything as
extreme as what I see with the Linux "advocates" in COLA. To be clear, it
is cult-ish in many ways but, I do not think, a real "cult".

>> The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point
>
> Does it matter? Why does anyone get hung up on this? Android is damn
> popular and rightfully so. No matter how secure it is, people can
> always be tricked into installing code which is malicious...the cause?
> Average user apathy to dangers and ignorance.
>
> If people are to attack Android security issues then thats probably an
> argument to get rid of Windows since its seen its fair share.
>
> And no matter who is "right", its shouting in the wind. The mainstream
> user just does not care. The mainstream user (and the user whose
> purchase decides the future of any product) have no interest in the
> issues we discuss, they just want a product and at the moment that is
> overwhelmingly Android. Try talking about the "evils" of proprietary to
> an average user.....they are uninterested. Try warning the average user
> about security issues.....they don't care until it effects them directly.

I speak of the malware on Android *not* to say Android is a bad platform.
It is not and I have made it very clear that I think it is great there is
another popular and, from what I know of it, largely well made platform for
mobile devices. This means Apple (with iOS) has real competition and that
is a *good* thing for everyone. I do not think Android has - yet - really
hurt Apple; their sales keep shooting up each quarter.

I do note, however, that many in COLA blame MS for all malware on Windows...
yet then excuse Linux / Android for the malware on that platform. Both
platforms have malware - and, really, those are the only two OSs where
malware is a significant concern.

> Now to paste in a quote from my co-host Roy (in this thread):
>
>> I think you uncharacterise who advocates in COLA actually are. Some
>> provocative new nyms are trying to cause a rift by pretending to be
>> advocates. This has been done for ages.
>>
>> It is more or less clear, based on history, who is an advocates. The
>> advocates -- myself included -- criticise Linux a lot, where it's deserved.
>> It is not an echo chamber. Some trolls' plea for 'balance' is a plea to allow
>> trolling and utter lie. It's like the "tolerance" argument some people invoke
>> to cause self-censorship.
>
> And as I say, Ive seen more linux/FOSS advocacy on G+ and Diaspora in 2
> weeks then Ive seen in COLA over the last year. To me an advocate is
> not a COLA poster who has bickered for years, advocacy is about getting
> out there and actually introducing people to Linux/FOSS, not bickering
> in the world of Usenet with its limited audience of people who already
> know about Linux/FOSS.

Based on that definition I am likely more of a Linux advocate than most of
the "advocates". And, frankly, I think that is the case.

> Advocacy is about writing, introducing, praising decent software. Advocacy is
> not merely spending all your time engaging those Microsoft Advocates in name
> calling or bringing up incidents which few people remember and even less know
> about from years ago.

I agree - but I would also include honestly looking at the weaknesses of
your platform and discussing ways around those weaknesses and ways in which
those weaknesses can be overcome as a form of advocacy. When I introduce
desktop Linux to people I sometimes do so without comment (such as in
schools where, from the perspective of students, it is just there)... but I
never try to oversell it. Same thing when I move people to other OSs. They
each have their pros and cons.

> As I said before, this doesn't apply to everyone, but unfortunately the
> overwhelming majority are merely here for the fighting.

I certainly get caught up in the fighting... but would prefer a higher level
of discourse. I wish that those who spew insults and accusations would stop
- but barring that, would at least show any sign of believing the claims
they spew. The reality is there is no reason to think they do believe the
claims they make... they make accusations and insults to purposely kill
conversation and put people on the defensive.

> Anyway, I expect this reply is off-topic for COLA and everyone wants to
> get back to name calling so I will end it there. I would like to say we
> could debate this in future TB eps, unfortunately for the majority of
> listeners I don't think they'd even have an interest in COLA and
> therefore it would be a waste of time.

I do not plan on speaking much about COLA, but I do plan on asking Roy about
some of his views and his public accusation of dishonesty toward me (the
accusation was based on my last appearance). But mostly I just enjoyed
being on the show and got to understand Roy's views better - and, hopefully,
he got to understand mine better, too. And, I hope, it was enlightening and
thought provoking for the listeners: if the show is not interesting to
people then there is no reason for the show. :)

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:08:32 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 13:46, Son Of Snit wrote:
> Well he doesn't agree now and he's right.
> You are wrong to even deal with a troll like that.

Thanks for highlighting how we should do things. I personally like to
allow people freedom of speech with the ability for others to make their
own minds up about. I see petty squables about non Linux/FOSS subjects
which have been festering for years as being pretty irrelevant.

Arguably by having people on, we are able to better hear their views.
There is no place for personal disagreements in Linux advocacy in my
view just peoples opinions on the subjects at hand, if you disagree with
them fine and thats the benefit of having a verbal discussion. The only
"rule" would be politeness and no vulgarity. Both which I think anyone
who listened originally would agree Micheal respected on the show,
regardless of whats thought of him or his views.

> And what's your identity "Tim Goblin" ?
> At least Dr. Roy Schestowwitz has the courage to put his
> real name behind what he says.

Well, I have three years of work on Openbytes and one handle. I could
tell you my name was Tim Smith, how would we know if thats right. I
have an online ID. I have a point of contact and a source of work, if I
say or do anything I can be held to account...I'm present on Diaspora,
G+, IRC, Twitter, Identi.ca. I am held responsible for my words. You,
Mr "new handle" are not and Ive no doubt that you are an alleged Linux
user from COLA merely using a nym. I don't do that.

> That Snit is a troll?
> That's not a silly discussion, it's a fact.
> Something you don't seem to have too many of "Goblin".

Let me repeat and remind you. Whatever Snit is or isn't this is
Linux.advocacy not petty.bickering. Since when does that have anything
to do with Linux/FOSS advocacy? Ive three years of it and many people
Ive introduced to Linux and free software. Thats advocacy. Not
fighting with someone you think a troll in a NG which is read by a
limited audience by people who have already their own views on what Snit
is or isnt.

> Are you female?
> You write like you are.

Last time I checked, no. But in order to humor your lack of anything
constructive in Linux advocacy, I'll answer.

> I don't advocate anything, I merely point out when
> idiots like you make a major error by allowing a
> prolific troll like snit to pollute what is otherwise a
> legitimate cause.

And it seems, that even if that were true, you are the only one banging
on about it. Michaels interview was a while ago, its done. And tell
me, outside of COLA for the average TB listener, what harm did Michaels
appearance actually do? Maybe you could tell us.

> You make all the errors and now it's about me.
> How typical.

Well its me who has his work linked on Groklaw, Tuxmachines, FSFdaily
and Lloydslaw (amongst many other. Its you with a "new" nym on COLA
with nothing else to show. I wonder who really is making the errors
here? Ive also got a years worth of work in an audiocast. Since this
newsgroup is Linux.advocacy, I think the pertinent question here is,
wheres yours?

> Who even knows who you are "Goblin"? You
> don't even use your own name. Probably because you are
> weak in your convictions.

And so this "cause" you speak of, you know want to damage yourself. I
am weak in my convictions about inferior Microsoft products? I am weak
in my convictions about Linux? I'm weak in my convictions when Ive
deployed Linux to 50+ people and documented that on the TB show?

Good god, get yourself an argument or better yet actually advocate
Linux/FOSS instead of this silliness.

And to end, who am I? Nobody. I don't advocate Linux as some part of a
popularity contest, whats wrong with you? I advocate Linux/FOSS because
its better software. Only a child would think this some sort of
popularity game.

As I say, my name may be wrong, but my web presence is set in stone and
I am responsible for my words.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:12:55 AM8/15/11
Roy Schestowitz stated in post 2833814.o...@schestowitz.com on 8/15/11
3:23 AM:

>> lol...Wheres your advocacy? Get a life. Would you like to go on the
>> show with Roy instead of me next episode and show me how its done.
>>
>> Lol. How about it Mr "Adovacay" you take my place...with your unique
>> skills....
>>
>> My god, If Im the idiot what on earth does that make you.
>>
>> Sadly, with this type of "advocacy" this now seems the death throes of COLA.
>
> I think you uncharacterise who advocates in COLA actually are. Some
> provocative new
> nyms are trying to cause a rift by pretending to be advocates. This has been
> done
> for ages.
>
> It is more or less clear, based on history, who is an advocates. The advocates
> --
> myself included -- criticise Linux a lot, where it's deserved. It is not
> an echo chamber. Some trolls' plea for 'balance' is a plea to allow trolling
> and utter lie. It's like the "tolerance" argument some people invoke to cause
> self-censorship.

There may be some disagreement, but there is also massive agreement and
irrational loathing of anyone who questions the status quo of (at least)
desktop Linux. For example, one myth of the COLA "advocates" is that the
low uptake of desktop Linux is exclusively (or very nearly so) based on
external factors - it is the fault of MS and the OEMs and the developers
and... well, anything but inherent weaknesses in the desktop Linux
ecosystem.

I do not accept this and have been speaking for years about some of the
weaknesses that *need* to be addressed in order for desktop Linux to gain
any significant ground. I have talked mostly of UI issues, for that is what
I know (I do not, for example, speak much of back-end protocols nor APIs).
And I have offered solutions for how things can improve and predictions that
these things will happen. I have quoted Shuttleworth and other influential
people in the OSS world showing how they largely agree, and you, Roy (and
others), have posted evidence that much of what I have predicted is
happening. You did this recently with your discussion of the greater
cooperation between the KDE and Gnome teams.

Reasonable responses to my comments would include agreement, questions,
disagreement (with reasons and support, hopefully), etc.: but instead we see
HPT and Peter K. accusing me of forging videos and images which support my
claims (though neither of them ever show evidence of this), RonB making
absurd claims about me being "anti-choice", Peter K. making up stories about
my family, you accusing me of knowing KDE only based on screenshots and
videos, Chris A. claiming I think all software is useless unless it is like
Mac or Windows software, etc. Just utter BS insults and accusations
designed to distract from the topic of Linux... and to put me on the
defensive. The "advocates" shun honest discussion of Linux, at least when
it is not in praise of the status quo. And it is a shame.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:13:45 AM8/15/11
TomB stated in post 201108151...@usenet.drumscum.be on 8/15/11 3:22
AM:

What I have been showing is how Windows or MS is blamed where there is
malware on that platform but Android and Linux are excused when there is
malware there.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:22:21 AM8/15/11

I think you are flogging a dead horse. This is about Conflict,
Oppression & Libelous Attacks - That sadly to me is what I see COLA
standing for and with the exception of a minority of posters I hold
dear, the advocacy now seems out the window (no pun intended).

Its why these new nyms appear by COLA posters who don't want to display
their traditional handles. Of course it should be added that the
Microsoft Advocates are at it as well and its all part of the eccosystem
which keeps the wibbly wobbly world of COLA alive. The group thrives on it.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:24:17 AM8/15/11
Roy Schestowitz stated in post 4428781.F...@schestowitz.com on 8/15/11
3:19 AM:

> ____/ Goblin on Monday 15 Aug 2011 01:29 : \____
>
>> On 15/08/11 01:22, Son Of Snit wrote:
>>> I wouldn't count on that happening.
>>> I think Dr. Schestowitz has had his fill of your bile.
>>> Just like the rest of us have.
>>
>> Really? My bile? I'll bring that up next show. I thought this was about
>> Snit coming on?
>>
>> Who knows whats going through your mind, but I distinctly remember
>> before I disapeared off on other business myself Roy and Michael all had
>> a conversation in IRC whereby we all agreed to do another show meetup in
>> September. I believe Snit had commitments in August (if memory serves)...
>>
>> Tell me Mr "new handle" is this what is considered a discussion point in
>> COLA now? Now maybe, there has been something happened after that date,
>> but last time we all spoke together we were all in agreement for
>> September....
>>
>> Sorry for having a life outside computing which has taken me away for a
>> week...
>
> You've missed all the aggravation Michael has given me and also given other
> people in the IRC channels. It was not even argumentative, it was
> more akin to trolling at times, even when he knew I was busy
> doing something else (like handling downtime or SSL certificates).

If you find it aggravating, as you claim, to be asked to actually support
your public accusations then I suggest you stop making public accusations
you cannot support. Or at least admit to your error. To be clear, you
said, after my appearance on your show:

Roy: in COLA
-----
On the show he also said that he had tried KDE. Later it
turned out that he lied because he said he had only judged
it based on videos and/or screenshots.
-----

So I listened to the show to see where you got this idea. I noted every
time I commented on KDE. Here are my quotes (with your comments for context
where needed) and even the time codes so you and others can verify:

Snit: 8:47
-----
I don't use KDE that much...
-----

Roy: 9:42
-----
Have you had a chance to use KDE3 before?
-----
Snit: 9:43
-----
I have - I mean I have mostly used Gnome - but I have used
KDE.
-----
Roy: 9:47
-----
What did you find very confusing about it?
-----
Snit: 9:52
-----
Well, in the past I've had screenshots and even some videos
online - I don't know if you've seen some of those...
-----

I *made* the media to support my views... I did not base my views on the
media. Your accusation is simply wrong.

When faced with this you try to change the topic to anything else - you will
not admit you made an error to publicly accuse me of lying based on your own
misunderstanding.

And my noting this, you say, is a form of me giving you "aggravation".
Sorry - I have no sympathy for you... if you do not want to be called on
your false accusations then please do not make them. And if you do make an
accusation you honestly believe is true, when it is shown to be false (as in
this case) please do the right thing and acknowledge you were wrong.

And please note I am very open and honest: I could have withheld this
evidence of your error and just sprung it on you during the next show - but
I do not think that is right.

>> I hope this response fulfills your need for pointless threads.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:23:35 AM8/15/11
In article <mT82q.16096$bt....@newsfe03.ams2>,
bytes...@googlemail.com says...

> And it seems, that even if that were true, you are the
> only one banging
> on about it. Michaels interview was a while ago, its
> done. And tell
> me, outside of COLA for the average TB listener, what
> harm did Michaels
> appearance actually do? Maybe you could tell us.

How soon you forget the dicing and slicing you got in
cola after his appearance. We Linux users drilled you a
new one, kill filed you and so forth, so no "Tim" I am
not the only person here who thinks snit is a troll and
that you are lowering your standards by encouraging him.
You really like to make things up out of thin air don't
you? I'm putting you into the bozo bin now because you
are a time wasting babbling idiot. Maybe that's why you
and snit get on so well because he seems to have the
same compulsiveness you do.

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:25:15 AM8/15/11
In article <CA6E6967.A244A%
use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
use...@gallopinginsanity.com says...

Give it a rest snit because Goblin seems to be the only
one buying your bullshit. Your transparency is obvious.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:33:14 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post mT82q.16096$bt....@newsfe03.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:08 AM:

> On 15/08/11 13:46, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> Well he doesn't agree now and he's right.
>> You are wrong to even deal with a troll like that.
>
> Thanks for highlighting how we should do things. I personally like to
> allow people freedom of speech with the ability for others to make their
> own minds up about. I see petty squables about non Linux/FOSS subjects
> which have been festering for years as being pretty irrelevant.

People tie their accusations to the discussions on Linux... such as when HPT
and Peter absurdly accuse me of forging screenshots and videos. To the
credit of TomB, he did recently stand up against that and note that while he
does not always agree with what I am showing in my videos he does not share
their accusations.

> Arguably by having people on, we are able to better hear their views.
> There is no place for personal disagreements in Linux advocacy in my
> view just peoples opinions on the subjects at hand, if you disagree with
> them fine and thats the benefit of having a verbal discussion. The only
> "rule" would be politeness and no vulgarity. Both which I think anyone
> who listened originally would agree Micheal respected on the show,
> regardless of whats thought of him or his views.

As did Roy... though I think he lost a bit of that politeness in his public
comments about me after the show.

>> And what's your identity "Tim Goblin" ?
>> At least Dr. Roy Schestowwitz has the courage to put his
>> real name behind what he says.
>
> Well, I have three years of work on Openbytes and one handle. I could
> tell you my name was Tim Smith, how would we know if thats right. I
> have an online ID. I have a point of contact and a source of work, if I
> say or do anything I can be held to account...I'm present on Diaspora,
> G+, IRC, Twitter, Identi.ca. I am held responsible for my words. You,
> Mr "new handle" are not and Ive no doubt that you are an alleged Linux
> user from COLA merely using a nym. I don't do that.

And there is no reason for you to give your real name. I did not give mine
though it was tracked down... and I have been attacked outside of COLA (and
CSMA) based on people knowing.

>> That Snit is a troll?
>> That's not a silly discussion, it's a fact.
>> Something you don't seem to have too many of "Goblin".
>
> Let me repeat and remind you. Whatever Snit is or isn't this is
> Linux.advocacy not petty.bickering. Since when does that have anything
> to do with Linux/FOSS advocacy? Ive three years of it and many people
> Ive introduced to Linux and free software. Thats advocacy. Not
> fighting with someone you think a troll in a NG which is read by a
> limited audience by people who have already their own views on what Snit
> is or isnt.

Fair enough. And the name calling of "so and so is a troll" is absurd -
esp. without a single word about my views.

My suggestions is if people think I am a troll then to show where my claims
are wrong. Do not make up stories about my family or my views... but
actually show where I am wrong or biased.

But that is not done. Instead I am accused of forging evidence (I never do
that), called anti-choice (of which I am not), etc. Honest disagreement is
fine... but that is rarely seen in COLA.

>> Are you female?
>> You write like you are.
>
> Last time I checked, no. But in order to humor your lack of anything
> constructive in Linux advocacy, I'll answer.
>
>> I don't advocate anything, I merely point out when
>> idiots like you make a major error by allowing a
>> prolific troll like snit to pollute what is otherwise a
>> legitimate cause.
>
> And it seems, that even if that were true, you are the only one banging
> on about it. Michaels interview was a while ago, its done. And tell
> me, outside of COLA for the average TB listener, what harm did Michaels
> appearance actually do? Maybe you could tell us.

I might have encouraged some people to think. How horrible! :)

>> You make all the errors and now it's about me.
>> How typical.
>
> Well its me who has his work linked on Groklaw, Tuxmachines, FSFdaily
> and Lloydslaw (amongst many other. Its you with a "new" nym on COLA
> with nothing else to show. I wonder who really is making the errors
> here? Ive also got a years worth of work in an audiocast. Since this
> newsgroup is Linux.advocacy, I think the pertinent question here is,
> wheres yours?
>
>> Who even knows who you are "Goblin"? You
>> don't even use your own name. Probably because you are
>> weak in your convictions.
>
> And so this "cause" you speak of, you know want to damage yourself. I
> am weak in my convictions about inferior Microsoft products? I am weak
> in my convictions about Linux? I'm weak in my convictions when Ive
> deployed Linux to 50+ people and documented that on the TB show?

Hmmm, I have not kept track of the number of people I have introduced Linux
to... but given how I have installed it in public school labs I know I have
introduced it to far more than 50 people. As far as people using it at
home, however, I would say 50 would be high... I might have half or a third
of that. And, I admit, most go back to Windows (or move to OS X). I do
have a few folks I introduced Linux to who are, as far as I know, still
using it.

> Good god, get yourself an argument or better yet actually advocate
> Linux/FOSS instead of this silliness.
>
> And to end, who am I? Nobody. I don't advocate Linux as some part of a
> popularity contest, whats wrong with you? I advocate Linux/FOSS because
> its better software. Only a child would think this some sort of
> popularity game.
>
> As I say, my name may be wrong, but my web presence is set in stone and
> I am responsible for my words.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:35:49 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post k492q.90284$m22....@newsfe05.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:22 AM:

I do realize my pleas for a more reasoned discourse will almost surely fall
on deaf ears... but there are times people do seem to take note. For
example, TomB recently stood against the "advocates" and noted their claims
of my forging media has no basis he knows of. I commend him for it.

But, yes, I would love to see the insults and accusations fade as real
discussion increased.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:38:00 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post Bx82q.150222$29.7...@newsfe08.ams2 on 8/15/11 5:45
AM:

> On 15/08/11 11:19, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> You've missed all the aggravation Michael has given me and also given other
>> people in the IRC channels. It was not even argumentative, it was
>> more akin to trolling at times, even when he knew I was busy
>> doing something else (like handling downtime or SSL certificates).
>
> Thats fair enough, but at the time, Michael asked to come on, I said yes
> and so did you. The "invite" was not from me but as a result of a
> request by Michael which we both agreed on.
>
> I was not privy to anything after that.

The "aggravation" Roy refers to, I believe, is my noting his public
accusations against me and my noting how the evidence shows his claims to be
wrong. I merely asked that he acknowledge his error in the same forum where
he made his public accusation.

I detailed the claim and the proof of its error elsewhere in the thread.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:38:23 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 14:23, Son Of Snit wrote:
> How soon you forget the dicing and slicing you got in
> cola after his appearance. We Linux users drilled you a
> new one, kill filed you and so forth, so no "Tim" I am
> not the only person here who thinks snit is a troll and
> that you are lowering your standards by encouraging him.

I seem to recall it was about 3 people. Yes I did think the decision to
have him on would be unpopular. But like I say I encourage free speech
and don't shy away from decisions which don't fit with the masses.

You Linux users? So you are speaking for a few people? Great, I'm sure
many stand behind the words of a new nym.

I am not encouraging anything, I am allowing everyone to enjoy a
fundamental human right, free speech. You can't list any "harm" that the
interview did because there was none. As far as a non-cola listener was
concerned it was just another guest. A guest who agreed on some points
disagreed on others. Big deal.

> I'm putting you into the bozo bin now because you
> are a time wasting babbling idiot.

Of course you are, you have no argument and are showing yourself up.

You are also highlighting how Linux.advocacy is perverted by some who
see it as either a popularity contest or just an excuse to bicker.

Come back when you, like me actually advocate Linux and free software.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:40:18 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 14:25, Son Of Snit wrote:
> Give it a rest snit because Goblin seems to be the only
> one buying your bullshit. Your transparency is obvious.

Im not buying anything, including your rubbish. What I am saying is
that I don't follow the herd and have my own decisions. I am saying
that bickering has nothing to do with the important matter at hand,
showing people the benefits of Linux and free software is whats important.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:45:50 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post lj92q.164948$Dk2....@newsfe04.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:38
AM:

> On 15/08/11 14:23, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> How soon you forget the dicing and slicing you got in
>> cola after his appearance. We Linux users drilled you a
>> new one, kill filed you and so forth, so no "Tim" I am
>> not the only person here who thinks snit is a troll and
>> that you are lowering your standards by encouraging him.
>
> I seem to recall it was about 3 people. Yes I did think the decision to
> have him on would be unpopular. But like I say I encourage free speech
> and don't shy away from decisions which don't fit with the masses.
>
> You Linux users? So you are speaking for a few people? Great, I'm sure
> many stand behind the words of a new nym.
>
> I am not encouraging anything, I am allowing everyone to enjoy a
> fundamental human right, free speech. You can't list any "harm" that the
> interview did because there was none. As far as a non-cola listener was
> concerned it was just another guest. A guest who agreed on some points
> disagreed on others. Big deal.

To be fair: free speech does not dictate that you give me a voice on your
show. While I disagree strongly with some of what Roy says and does, I have
been very open in my respect for the two of you letting me be on the show.

In the end, I think the conversation I had - and the one I hope to have soon
- will lead to listeners thinking... even if they do not agree with me.

>> I'm putting you into the bozo bin now because you
>> are a time wasting babbling idiot.
>
> Of course you are, you have no argument and are showing yourself up.
>
> You are also highlighting how Linux.advocacy is perverted by some who
> see it as either a popularity contest or just an excuse to bicker.
>
> Come back when you, like me actually advocate Linux and free software.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:47:05 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post 6l92q.164949$Dk2.1...@newsfe04.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:40
AM:

> On 15/08/11 14:25, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> Give it a rest snit because Goblin seems to be the only
>> one buying your bullshit. Your transparency is obvious.
>
> Im not buying anything, including your rubbish. What I am saying is
> that I don't follow the herd and have my own decisions. I am saying
> that bickering has nothing to do with the important matter at hand,
> showing people the benefits of Linux and free software is whats important.

I would also include talking about ways to make it better and increase those
benefits... either through work arounds for the weaknesses or in how to help
it grow past them.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 9:51:56 AM8/15/11
In article <CA6E6F48.A245A%
use...@gallopinginsanity.com>,
use...@gallopinginsanity.com says...

You two should get a room because it's getting past the
petting point. It's interesting observing both of you
trying to out troll the other. I think you are both
attention seeking trolls and have somehow managed to
find some form of weird platform with which to express
your need for attention.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:54:04 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 14:45, Snit wrote:
> To be fair: free speech does not dictate that you give me a voice on your
> show.

You see for me it does. If I have control of a platform which affords
people the chance of putting out their opinions out publically, then I
consider it my responsibility to allow free speech on that platform, it
would be unfair and rather dishonest to only have people who fit a
strict criteria come on the show....that to me would be censorship and
something I stand strongly against.

I wonder if "Son of Snit" or anyone he implies he speaks for, would like
to come on the show and actually challenge me directly about those
views. The offer is open, anytime.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:55:59 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 14:51, Son Of Snit wrote:
> You two should get a room because it's getting past the
> petting point. It's interesting observing both of you
> trying to out troll the other.

How? Ive not said I agree with either. I am merely pointing out that
the silly route you are taking has no Linux Advocacy about it. Its
playground antics.

As I say, when you, like me actually advocate Linux and free software,
come back and have a debate. At present all I see is childish attempts
at insults because you don't like the fact I wont play your games.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 9:59:59 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 14:55, Goblin wrote:
> On 15/08/11 14:51, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> You two should get a room because it's getting past the
>> petting point. It's interesting observing both of you
>> trying to out troll the other.
>
> How? Ive not said I agree with either. I am merely pointing out that the
> silly route you are taking has no Linux Advocacy about it. Its
> playground antics.
>
> As I say, when you, like me actually advocate Linux and free software,
> come back and have a debate. At present all I see is childish attempts
> at insults because you don't like the fact I wont play your games.

Just to add though and since you imply to speak for many "Son of
Snit"...I'll bring up your opinion of me a troll on the TB show, lets
see what Dr Schestowitz thinks, we'll have a debate.
Maybe "son of snit" you would tell me which handle you really are? It
would be nice to reference it better to Roy when we discuss it.

I think the truth is, you call me a troll because Ive merely highlighted
your silliness.. Its much easier for you to back away with a "troll" remark.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:01:35 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post 8y92q.1464$xD5...@newsfe17.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:54 AM:

> On 15/08/11 14:45, Snit wrote:
>> To be fair: free speech does not dictate that you give me a voice on your
>> show.
>
> You see for me it does. If I have control of a platform which affords
> people the chance of putting out their opinions out publically, then I
> consider it my responsibility to allow free speech on that platform, it
> would be unfair and rather dishonest to only have people who fit a
> strict criteria come on the show....that to me would be censorship and
> something I stand strongly against.

I can respect that - though I still do not think you have an obligation to
give a voice to anyone who wants to be on your show. If, for example, I had
just screamed obscenities the whole show I would not have expected you to
air it nor to ever allow me on again (at least not without me acknowledging
the error in my ways and agreeing not to act that way again).

> I wonder if "Son of Snit" or anyone he implies he speaks for, would like
> to come on the show and actually challenge me directly about those
> views. The offer is open, anytime.

Excellent. And it would make, I think, for an interesting show.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:02:59 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post AD92q.118351$Ll1.1...@newsfe24.ams2 on 8/15/11 6:59
AM:

> On 15/08/11 14:55, Goblin wrote:
>> On 15/08/11 14:51, Son Of Snit wrote:
>>> You two should get a room because it's getting past the
>>> petting point. It's interesting observing both of you
>>> trying to out troll the other.
>>
>> How? Ive not said I agree with either. I am merely pointing out that the
>> silly route you are taking has no Linux Advocacy about it. Its
>> playground antics.
>>
>> As I say, when you, like me actually advocate Linux and free software,
>> come back and have a debate. At present all I see is childish attempts
>> at insults because you don't like the fact I wont play your games.
>>

> Just to add though and since you imply to speak for many "Son of
> Snit"...I'll bring up your opinion of me a troll on the TB show, lets
> see what Dr Schestowitz thinks, we'll have a debate.
> Maybe "son of snit" you would tell me which handle you really are? It
> would be nice to reference it better to Roy when we discuss it.
>
> I think the truth is, you call me a troll because Ive merely highlighted
> your silliness.. Its much easier for you to back away with a "troll" remark.

Welcome to COLA... where you are called a troll for pointing out your
disagreement with someone else (or, as you say, the "silliness" of their
comments).

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:10:22 AM8/15/11

This is where I think its claimed we are getting married.....

So Michael, are you happy for me to choose the ring?

;)

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 10:14:36 AM8/15/11
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> You've missed all the aggravation Michael has given me and also given other
> people in the IRC channels. It was not even argumentative, it was
> more akin to trolling at times, even when he knew I was busy
> doing something else (like handling downtime or SSL certificates).

No it wasn't. It was asking you for facts and figures to back up your
lies and outrageous claims you spamming idiot. You dont like facts for
some reason Roy. Why is that?

No wonder you were ripped a new one by Jack Schofield who pretty much
rubbished your claims in public and you ran off crying to hide your head
in the sand.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:14:42 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post jN92q.191187$Zn.1...@newsfe30.ams2 on 8/15/11 7:10
AM:

>>> I think the truth is, you call me a troll because Ive merely highlighted
>>> your silliness.. Its much easier for you to back away with a "troll" remark.
>>
>> Welcome to COLA... where you are called a troll for pointing out your
>> disagreement with someone else (or, as you say, the "silliness" of their
>> comments).
>>

> This is where I think its claimed we are getting married.....
>
> So Michael, are you happy for me to choose the ring?
>
> ;)

Sure... but you have to wear the dress. :)

--
🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:18:46 AM8/15/11

And again I say, what does this have to do with advocacy of any kind?
Its up to people who witnessed the proceedings to make their own mind
up, however I seem to recall that allegedly I had been shot down by
another on IRC when the truth was we had never even had a
debate....funny that allegation went quiet.

Who cares? Views, opinions, everyone has one. What does the views of
one have to do with advocacy of anything? and how does it change the
views of another on a particular software choice?

Last time I checked no single one person was a guiding light of
everything tech related.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:19:43 AM8/15/11

dropping h

Aug 15, 2011, 10:29:00 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in

> On 15/08/11 15:14, Snit wrote:
>> Sure... but you have to wear the dress. :)
>>

> Deal.
>
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d60NmOaDUoI/TDpAs5o-1cI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/WsZZX7FW2
> GE/s1600/442082348_53f800110a.jpg

That looks just like the fucking idiot Roy Schestowitz.

http://techrights.org/about-the-editors/

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:32:22 AM8/15/11

Firstly Roy is not an idiot. Secondly that picture is of Arnold Rimmer
from the comedy sci-fi show Red Dwarf.

dropping h

Aug 15, 2011, 10:36:45 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in news:X5a2q.9525$Jr3.3272
@newsfe09.ams2:

> On 15/08/11 15:29, dropping h wrote:
>> Goblin<bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in

>>> Deal.
>>>
>>> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d60NmOaDUoI/TDpAs5o-
1cI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/WsZZX7FW2
>>> GE/s1600/442082348_53f800110a.jpg
>>
>> That looks just like the fucking idiot Roy Schestowitz.
>>
>> http://techrights.org/about-the-editors/
>>

> Firstly Roy is not an idiot. Secondly that picture is of Arnold Rimmer
> from the comedy sci-fi show Red Dwarf.

First I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is Roy Schestowitz is
an idiot. So are you for that matter but that's a discussion for another
week.
Secondly whomever is in that picture is dressing up just like Roy
Schestowitz. Or is Roy Schestowitz dressing up like whomever is in that
picture. It doesn't matter because they both look like fools.

See the resemblence?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d60NmOaDUoI/TDpAs5o-1cI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/WsZZX7FW2
GE/s1600/442082348_53f800110a.jpg

http://techrights.org/about-the-editors/

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:37:43 AM8/15/11
Hadron stated in post oiippya...@news.eternal-september.org on 8/15/11
7:14 AM:

Bottom line: Roy made some false accusations against me. I asked him to
back his claims - and not only did he fail, I was able to show strong
evidence to show where he got his mistaken claim from

Roy claims it is an "aggravation" for him to have his claims called out like
this. I have no sympathy.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:39:19 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post aV92q.191191$Zn.9...@newsfe30.ams2 on 8/15/11 7:18
AM:

> On 15/08/11 15:14, Hadron wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz<newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>>

>>> You've missed all the aggravation Michael has given me and also given other
>>> people in the IRC channels. It was not even argumentative, it was
>>> more akin to trolling at times, even when he knew I was busy
>>> doing something else (like handling downtime or SSL certificates).
>>>

>> No it wasn't. It was asking you for facts and figures to back up your
>> lies and outrageous claims you spamming idiot. You dont like facts for
>> some reason Roy. Why is that?
>>
>> No wonder you were ripped a new one by Jack Schofield who pretty much
>> rubbished your claims in public and you ran off crying to hide your head
>> in the sand.
>>

> And again I say, what does this have to do with advocacy of any kind?
> Its up to people who witnessed the proceedings to make their own mind
> up, however I seem to recall that allegedly I had been shot down by
> another on IRC when the truth was we had never even had a
> debate....funny that allegation went quiet.
>
> Who cares? Views, opinions, everyone has one. What does the views of
> one have to do with advocacy of anything? and how does it change the
> views of another on a particular software choice?
>
> Last time I checked no single one person was a guiding light of
> everything tech related.

In this case it is not merely people having different views. It is not like
Roy and I are disagreeing about how people use KDE or something... in this
case Roy made a public accusation against me which is clearly false - and
when I asked him about it he added to his insults and accusations.

I think it is fair to respond to Roy's poor behavior and note it as such.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 10:39:49 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post 3W92q.191192$Zn.1...@newsfe30.ams2 on 8/15/11 7:19
AM:

> On 15/08/11 15:14, Snit wrote:

>> Goblin stated in post jN92q.191187$Zn.1...@newsfe30.ams2 on 8/15/11 7:10
>> AM:

>>> This is where I think its claimed we are getting married.....
>>>
>>> So Michael, are you happy for me to choose the ring?
>>>
>>> ;)
>>
>> Sure... but you have to wear the dress. :)
>>

> Deal.
>
> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d60NmOaDUoI/TDpAs5o-1cI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/WsZZX7FW2GE/s160
> 0/442082348_53f800110a.jpg

The penguin is the perfect touch. Deal!

--
🙈🙉🙊

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 10:41:28 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 15/08/11 15:29, dropping h wrote:
>> Goblin<bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in

>>> Deal.
>>>
>>> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d60NmOaDUoI/TDpAs5o-1cI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/WsZZX7FW2
>>> GE/s1600/442082348_53f800110a.jpg
>>
>> That looks just like the fucking idiot Roy Schestowitz.
>>
>> http://techrights.org/about-the-editors/
>>

> Firstly Roy is not an idiot. Secondly that picture is of Arnold Rimmer from the
> comedy sci-fi show Red Dwarf.

Roy is an idiot. And here's why

1) He claims Apple is imploding
2) He claims Skype became worse after the MS aquisition
3) He claims MS were responsible for the Spanair deaths
4) He is a liar : see above
5) He is a spammer : he posts links to his own sites as cross references
6) He contributes next to nothing himself to the GPL.

Why do you think no one in the real industry takes him seriously?

In fact the opposite : he is a laughing stock.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:42:08 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 15:36, dropping h wrote:
> First I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is Roy Schestowitz is
> an idiot. So are you for that matter but that's a discussion for another
> week.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as am I and I gave it. Like
I said before, others can decide themselves.

And if i'm an idiot what does that make you? The mind boggles.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 10:46:59 AM8/15/11

So everyone you disagree with is an idiot? Well... I'd suggest bar
three Microsoft Advocates there is a whole planet of idiots walking
about as I have seen very few people agree with you.

I'm going to tackle those points with Roy on the next show because you
have dishonestly represented and distorted his actual views. I will let
him clarify just to shut you up.

I would ask though, if Roy was indeed the laughing stock, why would you
need to tell us? We would already be aware. I wonder why the Linux
Format magazine (off the shelf mag) gave him a two page colour interview
and a photo on the front cover? Linux Format is read by many and is a
popular publication.....very strange that. Maybe they are idiots too
since Im sure they wouldn't have had Roy in their magazine if they
agreed with you.

dropping h

Aug 15, 2011, 10:54:19 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> wrote in news:4fa2q.176228$fQ4.7487
@newsfe16.ams2:

> On 15/08/11 15:36, dropping h wrote:
>> First I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is Roy Schestowitz
is
>> an idiot. So are you for that matter but that's a discussion for
another
>> week.
>
> You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as am I and I gave it.
Like
> I said before, others can decide themselves.

Nobody decides for themeselves in an advocacy group.
They follow the herd and that goes for both sides.

> And if i'm an idiot what does that make you? The mind boggles.

At the moment it makes me an even bigger idiot than you are for replying
to a troll like you Goblin. I leave you and snit to your love nest and
dress fitting appointments. You both have rather effeminate speaking
voices anyway so I suspect this might be some sort of a twisted fantasy
for both of you. Metro perhaps? I'll get off your cloud now.

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 10:56:30 AM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 15/08/11 15:36, dropping h wrote:
>> First I'm entitled to my opinion and that opinion is Roy Schestowitz is
>> an idiot. So are you for that matter but that's a discussion for another
>> week.
>
> You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as am I and I gave it. Like I said
> before, others can decide themselves.
>
> And if i'm an idiot what does that make you? The mind boggles.

Well, the fact he recognises the uber-obvious fact that Roy Schestowitz
is an idiot and that you don't recognise thise says a lot about how
people shoudl judge you and your opinions.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 11:07:10 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 15:54, dropping h wrote:
> At the moment it makes me an even bigger idiot than you are for replying
> to a troll like you Goblin. I leave you and snit to your love nest and
> dress fitting appointments. You both have rather effeminate speaking
> voices anyway so I suspect this might be some sort of a twisted fantasy
> for both of you. Metro perhaps? I'll get off your cloud now.

lol. Bye then. Another weak argument, but I suppose I should be
flattered...yet another new nym to claim the troll angle because they
have no argument, but you also must have listened to the show!
Excellent. Chalk up another one.

Just lets get this straight though, after links to my work from
Distrowatch, Tuxmachines and Fsfdaily (to name a few) and you with your
new nym...I'm the troll? Yep, of course.

New nym time for you I think.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 11:10:28 AM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 15:56, Hadron wrote:
> Well, the fact he recognises the uber-obvious fact that Roy Schestowitz
> is an idiot and that you don't recognise thise says a lot about how
> people shoudl judge you and your opinions.

Hey, opinion is different. I can agree with Roy or I can disagree.
Whatever you think of Roys opinions, he is not an "idiot".

You do know that someone who doesn't agree with you is not an idiot
don't you? Or did you grow up with parents that told you that you were
always right..... "Don't listen to the bullies son, they are just jealous"

Are we now seeing evidence of a deep routed psychological issue here
Hadron or are you merely just being intentionally obnox?

Either way, who cares?

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 11:31:17 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post yCa2q.176229$fQ4.1...@newsfe16.ams2 on 8/15/11 8:07
AM:

> On 15/08/11 15:54, dropping h wrote:
>> At the moment it makes me an even bigger idiot than you are for replying
>> to a troll like you Goblin. I leave you and snit to your love nest and
>> dress fitting appointments. You both have rather effeminate speaking
>> voices anyway so I suspect this might be some sort of a twisted fantasy
>> for both of you. Metro perhaps? I'll get off your cloud now.
>
> lol. Bye then. Another weak argument, but I suppose I should be
> flattered...yet another new nym to claim the troll angle because they
> have no argument, but you also must have listened to the show!
> Excellent. Chalk up another one.
>
> Just lets get this straight though, after links to my work from
> Distrowatch, Tuxmachines and Fsfdaily (to name a few) and you with your
> new nym...I'm the troll? Yep, of course.
>
> New nym time for you I think.

I pity the woman with my rather deep and nasally voice.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 11:32:47 AM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post FFa2q.191201$Zn.1...@newsfe30.ams2 on 8/15/11 8:10
AM:

> On 15/08/11 15:56, Hadron wrote:
>> Well, the fact he recognises the uber-obvious fact that Roy Schestowitz
>> is an idiot and that you don't recognise thise says a lot about how
>> people shoudl judge you and your opinions.
>
> Hey, opinion is different. I can agree with Roy or I can disagree.
> Whatever you think of Roys opinions, he is not an "idiot".

He does make rather grand proclamations and then squirms when asked about
them. I suspect this is what Hadron is in reference to more than any claim
of Roy having, for example, a low IQ.

Still, just name calling and saying Roy is an "idiot" does not offer any
real benefit.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 11:33:19 AM8/15/11
In article <7r1uwma...@news.eternal-september.org>,
hadro...@gmail.com says...

Goblin acts very much like a clergy person. His
brainwash their flock. I wonder if he is a priest,
reverend or connected to a church or theology in some
way.
Roy Schestowitz is a smart person but his views are
clouded by extreme zealotry and he ends up missing the
entire picture because he focuses on some narrow minded
view. One can be book smart and still be an idiot in the
University of life. I don't think Roy falls into that
class of distinction though because he does use points
and evidence to back up his claims. An idiot will not
behave that way. See Goblin for details on idiotic
behavior.

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 11:52:22 AM8/15/11

No. He is not smart. He is the type that learns by rote fashion and
passes exams and challenges through perseverance and attrition. No smart
guy makes the silly claims he makes and expects to be believed.

No "smart guy" makes claims like the one he did about MS being
responsible for the Spanair deaths.

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 11:55:13 AM8/15/11
In article <1ybovq8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
hadro...@gmail.com says...

Where did he blame Microsoft for the Spanair incident?
I haven't seen anything like that. Also assuming it
wasn't a human error interacting with the software and
if it indeed was Windows software itself responsible for
the incident then wouldn't Microsoft indeed be
responsible to some degree?

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 12:01:11 PM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 16:33, Son Of Snit wrote:
> Goblin acts very much like a clergy person. His
> brainwash their flock.

Complete rubbish and lies. I actually stated I go the other way
celebrating freedom of speech and not shying away from others who may
have different opinions/views....Ironically thats how you got into this
by disagreeing with my decision to have Snit on the show.

> Roy Schestowitz is a smart person but his views are
> clouded by extreme zealotry

Thats your opinion of his views. Other people may vary. I don't agree
with everything he says but I wouldn't describe anything as "extreme
zealotry" - that statement is extreme in nature by itself.

> See Goblin for details on idiotic
> behavior.

Completely agree. Ive showcased yours perfectly.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 12:04:10 PM8/15/11

Oh yes he is...oh no he isn't

Around and around.

Hadron, you've said your piece, so have I. As I say others can draw
their own conclusions. And as I mentioned before, a trait of
COLA....post, rinse, repeat. Nothing you say will change peoples
opinions that they already have (whatever they are) and since you are
talking here to people who I suspect made their own minds up a long time
ago, I'd suggest you are flogging a dead horse.

> No "smart guy" makes claims like the one he did about MS being
>> responsible for the Spanair deaths.

And no "smart guy" misrepresents peoples opinions. Lets see what Roy
says on the next TB ep...then you can make comments about his opinions.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 12:06:57 PM8/15/11

Are you two people? Because before you said:

> Roy Schestowitz is a smart person but his views are
> clouded by extreme zealotry and he ends up missing the

> entire picture because he focuses on some narrow minded
> view.

So if your original post was correct then what Hadron claimed could
entirely be correct. Again, another example of COLA, you are both as
bad as each other.

Heres an outragous view...why not wait until he says exactly what he
thinks...then you can engage in your childish games all you want, at
least you will be doing it on the basis of his real opinion not that
which you think it is.

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 12:16:52 PM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 15/08/11 16:55, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> In article<1ybovq8...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> hadro...@gmail.com says...
>>
>> Where did he blame Microsoft for the Spanair incident?
>> I haven't seen anything like that. Also assuming it
>> wasn't a human error interacting with the software and
>> if it indeed was Windows software itself responsible for
>> the incident then wouldn't Microsoft indeed be
>> responsible to some degree?
>
> Are you two people? Because before you said:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz is a smart person but his views are
>> clouded by extreme zealotry and he ends up missing the
>> entire picture because he focuses on some narrow minded
>> view.
>
> So if your original post was correct then what Hadron claimed could entirely be
> correct. Again, another example of COLA, you are both as bad as each
> other.

Incorrect and a lie. I am consistent. I am not making such claims. Roy
made the claims. Not me.

> Heres an outragous view...why not wait until he says exactly what he
> thinks...then you can engage in your childish games all you want, at least you
> will be doing it on the basis of his real opinion not that which you think it
> is.

What games?

Did you read Schofield asking Roy for proof? Did you read him stating
just what he thought of lightweight troublemakers and liars like Roy?

--
Emacs outshines all other editing software in approximately the same way
that the noonday sun does the stars. It is not just bigger and brighter;
it simply makes everything else vanish - Neal Stephenson

Hadron

Aug 15, 2011, 12:19:28 PM8/15/11
Goblin <bytes...@googlemail.com> writes:

> On 15/08/11 16:33, Son Of Snit wrote:
>> Goblin acts very much like a clergy person. His
>> brainwash their flock.
>
> Complete rubbish and lies. I actually stated I go the other way celebrating
> freedom of speech and not shying away from others who may have different
> opinions/views....Ironically thats how you got into this by disagreeing with my
> decision to have Snit on the show.
>
>> Roy Schestowitz is a smart person but his views are
>> clouded by extreme zealotry
>
> Thats your opinion of his views. Other people may vary. I don't agree with
> everything he says but I wouldn't describe anything as "extreme zealotry" - that
> statement is extreme in nature by itself.

So you dont agree that stating that Skype is worse since MS took over is
over zealous? You dont think claims that Apple is losing the war is over
zealous? You dont think his claims that MS were responsible for the
Spanair deaths as over zealous? You dont think his claims that skype
didnt work but ALL the open source ones did just fine was a tad over
zealous? You dont think him removing the word "Android" and replacing
it with "Linux" is a usage report was over zealous?

Either he's paying you or you're a complete and utter idiot.

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 12:41:21 PM8/15/11
In article <wyy5yu7...@news.eternal-september.org>,
hadro...@gmail.com says...

I doubt Dr. Schestowitz would pay Goblin to shill him
up. I think you are spot on about Goblin being an utter
idiot though. What a pompous ass he is. I notice he
vehemently objected to being associated with the clergy.
I think he protests too much. Time to do a little
Internet sleuthing for public information. That class I
took in Internet Forensics over the spring break will
come in useful. I don't really care but it would be
interesting to see if he is indeed a Vicar of sorts.

I only see his sewage in follow up messages.
By replying you are only assisting in him spamming his
various web sites in his replies. it's best not to
encourage idiots like goblin.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 1:33:20 PM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 17:19, Hadron wrote:
> So you dont agree that stating that Skype is worse since MS took over is
> over zealous?
no, but i disagree, with him. I personally have found the service the
same. And yes, I still use it.

> You dont think his claims that MS were responsible for the
> Spanair deaths as over zealous?

I'll tell you when Ive asked him on the show directly. You will also
hear my views there too.

> You dont think him removing the word "Android" and replacing
> it with "Linux" is a usage report was over zealous?

No I don't and since its clear what he meant I think its a little tongue
in check dig at Microsoft Advocates like yourself predictably rise to.

> Either he's paying you or you're a complete and utter idiot.

Says Hadron who I repeatedly show up. Wheres your links from
established respectable tech news outlets? lol.

No Roy doesn't pay me. Having said that though if he did it wouldn't
have to be much. Highlighting your shortcomings is very easy work.

What credibility do you have to show for yourself Hadron to back up your
claims against me? Nothing.

But as I said before. Who cares? You are a little obnox voice in a NG
with a limited audience. Whatever views and professionalism you may
claim to have are limited to your posts here. People have read them and
made their mind up already. I certainly did a long time ago.
Professional pain in the backside yes. But for you to comment on the
idiocy of anyone (and I include Microsoft Advocates in that) is utterly
ridiculous.

Around and around Hadron goes.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 1:34:54 PM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 17:41, Son Of Snit wrote:
> I notice he
> vehemently objected to being associated with the clergy.
Really? I thought I just denied it.

Good effort though Son of Snit.

> I only see his sewage in follow up messages.

Yep, you claim to killfile because you can't argue. That excuse is weak
and more transparent than one of Ballmers shirts.

Nym shift time for you I think.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 1:38:45 PM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post CLc2q.145128$Sr.5...@newsfe12.ams2 on 8/15/11 10:33
AM:

> On 15/08/11 17:19, Hadron wrote:
>> So you dont agree that stating that Skype is worse since MS took over is
>> over zealous?
>
> no, but i disagree, with him. I personally have found the service the
> same. And yes, I still use it.

And, unless it has changed recently, so does he. I assume that is still
what is used for the shows? If not, does he expect me to use other software
- I will if needed.

>> You dont think his claims that MS were responsible for the
>> Spanair deaths as over zealous?
>
> I'll tell you when Ive asked him on the show directly. You will also
> hear my views there too.

I look forward to that as well.

🙈🙉🙊

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 1:53:28 PM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 18:38, Snit wrote:
> And, unless it has changed recently, so does he. I assume that is still
> what is used for the shows? If not, does he expect me to use other software
> - I will if needed.

Yes it is still used. And we will use whatever service the guest at the
time prefers.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 2:06:43 PM8/15/11
Goblin stated in post v2d2q.164954$Dk2....@newsfe04.ams2 on 8/15/11 10:53
AM:

> On 15/08/11 18:38, Snit wrote:
>> And, unless it has changed recently, so does he. I assume that is still
>> what is used for the shows? If not, does he expect me to use other software
>> - I will if needed.
>
> Yes it is still used. And we will use whatever service the guest at the
> time prefers.

I suspect Roy would not be open to using iChat. :)

Skype is fine.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 15, 2011, 4:45:21 PM8/15/11
TomB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Hadron:
>
>> The problems with Android malware is a typical case in point : I
>> rpedicted it, was correct once more and now the usual suspects are
>> either out and out lying about it not existing or denying they ever
>> claimed Android would be impenetratable.
>
> Show me one COLA posting where /anyone/ claims that there's no malware
> on Android or that Android would be 'impenetrable'.

"Hadron" is a troll. "Hadron" is an idiot.

--
You know your apartment is small...
when you can't know its position and velocity at the same time.

TomB

Aug 15, 2011, 5:44:49 PM8/15/11
On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Goblin:

8<

> What disappoints me is that a potential good source of valid
> discussion is ruined by those who seek to merely argue non-linux
> related points and dwell on incidents that occurred years ago.
> Thats not Linux.advocacy thats more irrelevant.bickering.

But what is the source of this irrelevant.bickering? It's the trolls,
constantly spewing lies and FUD. And I'm sorry to break the news to
you, but - regardless of your personal experiences with the man - Snit
is one of them.

--
Any of you fucking pigs move and I'll execute every motherfucking
last one of you.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 5:56:58 PM8/15/11
On 15/08/11 22:44, TomB wrote:
> But what is the source of this irrelevant.bickering? It's the trolls,
> constantly spewing lies and FUD. And I'm sorry to break the news to
> you, but - regardless of your personal experiences with the man - Snit
> is one of them.

I think its on both sides, a quick browse of the NG and watching the new
nyms on both sides of the fence shows that the bickering is enjoyed by many.

You gave your opinion on Snit, thats fine. I'm sure you will agree that
mine or yours personal views on an individual have nothing to do with
Linux advocacy and whomever you or I get on with or don't does not
affect or views on whats important here, our tech decisions.

This is why I think the thing is so silly. Despite what I think of an
individual my views on software choices remain the same, I refuse to
follow anyones opinion but my own and whilst my views are unpopular with
some, they are my own, unswayed by the popular view.

I make no statement just to "fit in" "go with the flow" or to please
anyone. I think thats far more honest than if I were to dislike someone
or hold a view merely because it makes me accepted by a group of people.

Ive watched here how people have stated how great software freedom is,
privacy and ownership are great, Ive watched how people should not be
pressured or oppressed by any viewpoint, yet when I exercise that very
freedom to make decisions on my own, I see the silliness which we have
seen by others.

I say again, regardless of any views I have on any individual it has no
effect on my tech opinions. I just refuse to follow the herd and refuse
to say things in order to keep any group of people happy. If people
don't like that fine. Ive no problem.

Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 6:03:34 PM8/15/11
TomB stated in post 201108152...@usenet.drumscum.be on 8/15/11 2:44
PM:

> On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Goblin:
>
> 8<
>
>> What disappoints me is that a potential good source of valid
>> discussion is ruined by those who seek to merely argue non-linux
>> related points and dwell on incidents that occurred years ago.
>> Thats not Linux.advocacy thats more irrelevant.bickering.
>
> But what is the source of this irrelevant.bickering? It's the trolls,
> constantly spewing lies and FUD. And I'm sorry to break the news to
> you, but - regardless of your personal experiences with the man - Snit
> is one of them.

By all means, do try to quote one of these "lies" I tell. I mean, really,
TomB, you know you cannot... so why make such claims?

--
🙈🙉🙊

Son Of Snit

Aug 15, 2011, 7:28:41 PM8/15/11
In article <201108152...@usenet.drumscum.be>,
tommy.b...@gmail.com says...

> On 2011-08-15, the following emerged from the brain of Goblin:
>
> 8<
>
> > What disappoints me is that a potential good source of valid
> > discussion is ruined by those who seek to merely argue non-linux
> > related points and dwell on incidents that occurred years ago.
> > Thats not Linux.advocacy thats more irrelevant.bickering.
>
> But what is the source of this irrelevant.bickering? It's the trolls,
> constantly spewing lies and FUD. And I'm sorry to break the news to
> you, but - regardless of your personal experiences with the man - Snit
> is one of them.

Snit is a troll and so is Goblin.
Both feed on attention and deserve each other.
If you got the two of them in the same room at the same
time, there wouldn't be enough oxygen left for a
cockroach to breath.

Snit could argue for weeks as to why traffic signals
have red, yellow and green colored lights instead of
blue orange and purple.

Goblin is taking a divide and conquer approach where he
befriends a known troll, snit, under the guise of
allowing the other side to debate. Don't be fooled.
While they may agree on certain issues, Goblin's
allegiance is to shill open source and tow the the line.
Unlike snit, Goblin takes a very non committal approach
on many topics, most topics in fact, but tosses a bone
in once in a while where he will disagree with the Linux
line, like Skype for example, to make it look authentic.
He's a real slippery candidate for the Linux
priesthood.
Snit just likes to argue. He's one of those people you
meet every now and again who start just about every
reply with something like "well not really, there are
differences etc". Nothing is ever closed out with people
like snit. Like I said, traffic signals. Think traffic
signals.

Goblin

Aug 15, 2011, 7:39:10 PM8/15/11
On 16/08/11 00:28, Son Of Snit wrote:
> Goblin is taking a divide and conquer approach where he
> befriends a known troll, snit, under the guise of
> allowing the other side to debate. Don't be fooled.
> While they may agree on certain issues, Goblin's
> allegiance is to shill open source and tow the the line.

Classic. So I side with a troll (an Apple one according to some) yet
shill open source do I? How does that work? Divide an conquer? Last
time I checked Snit wasn't too popular with many people here, nor was my
decision to have him on the show...

> Goblin takes a very non committal approach
> on many topics, most topics in fact, but tosses a bone
> in once in a while where he will disagree with the Linux
> line, like Skype for example, to make it look authentic.
> He's a real slippery candidate for the Linux
> priesthood.

Lol... Maybe this is why nobody answers your previous posts Son of
Snit...as well as showing yourself up, your claims against me make no
sense at all...

How is using Skype disagreeing with a Linux line? Please enlighten us.
Skype is a product, a service, infact its packaged with many distros
too. Maybe your distorted view of reality should be taken to them too?

I take a non-commital approach because I'd rather share a diverse
selection of views and let people make their own minds up on the balance
of informed choice. Just what topics are non-comital though? Let me
know, I'll happily tell you my opinions and clarify.

Linux priesthood? What are you on about? Are you in control of your
faculties here. So according to you I'm...

A slippery candidate for the Linux priesthood who divides and conquers
by giving my views on a person who is alleged to be an Apple shill (and
at the same time shilling open source)and I disagree with the Linux line
by being honest enough to say I use Skype and think it a good service.

If you only answer one question, please tell me how using skype
disagrees with anything..... of course that question can also be asked
of any distro that packages it too.

Son of Snit, is this a cry for help? What on earth is wrong with you?

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2011, 5:37:25 AM8/20/11

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 20, 2011, 5:43:18 AM8/20/11