Request: Post the Size of Your Kernel Image

Nux Vomica

Nov 27, 2023, 4:55:51 PM11/27/23
Hi, hi, hi.

I have a request for all of the GNU/Linux aficionados
out there.

Post the size of your kernel image, which should be
located in the /boot directory but it may be elsewhere
depending upon your particular distro.

Why?

Because I want to fucking compare my highly customized
and hence highly efficient kernel to what the bastard
distros are offering.

(Yes. Every distro, except for Gentoo and LFS, is a
bastardization of GNU/Linux.)

My kernel is thus:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3087584 Nov 11 07:03 vmlinuz-661

How about that! A compressed kernel image that can do
everything that any workstation user could ever want is
only 3 megabytes!

C'mon! Let's see some fucking posts.

Otherwise, you'll see my fist in your goddamned face.

Nux Vomica

He knows.

You don't.

Joel