Effective February 22, 2024, Google Groups will no longer support new Usenet content. Posting and subscribing will be disallowed, and new content from Usenet peers will not appear. Viewing and searching of historical data will still be supported as it is done today.

Request: Post the Size of Your Kernel Image

Nux Vomica

Nov 27, 2023, 4:55:51 PM11/27/23
Hi, hi, hi.

I have a request for all of the GNU/Linux aficionados
out there.

Post the size of your kernel image, which should be
located in the /boot directory but it may be elsewhere
depending upon your particular distro.

Why?

Because I want to fucking compare my highly customized
and hence highly efficient kernel to what the bastard
distros are offering.

(Yes. Every distro, except for Gentoo and LFS, is a
bastardization of GNU/Linux.)

My kernel is thus:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3087584 Nov 11 07:03 vmlinuz-661

How about that! A compressed kernel image that can do
everything that any workstation user could ever want is
only 3 megabytes!

C'mon! Let's see some fucking posts.

Otherwise, you'll see my fist in your goddamned face.

Nux Vomica

He knows.

You don't.

Joel