Linus Torvalds comments

GreyCloud

Feb 10, 2012, 5:19:54 PM2/10/12
July, 2009

"I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also
not shutting other
people and companies out.

There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one major
reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I don’t want
to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and hatred.”

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 10, 2012, 5:30:54 PM2/10/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
Except, of course, that there is a wide, very wide, range of people in
the Free software community. The outliers get most of the attention.

The trolls here are not representative of the vast majority of users of
Microsoft software, either. They make a lot of noise.

However, even decades ago there was a lot of resentment for
Microsoft, and some of it they brought on by bad behavior.

--
I doubt Jedi. I doubt it a lot. I can point to you making all sorts of
outrageously ignorant claims however. About Linux, about Windows about

GreyCloud

Feb 10, 2012, 5:39:12 PM2/10/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> July, 2009
>>
>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>> and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also
>> not shutting other
>> people and companies out.
>>
>> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one major
>> reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I don’t want
>> to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and hatred.â€
>
> Except, of course, that there is a wide, very wide, range of people in
> the Free software community. The outliers get most of the attention.
>
> The trolls here are not representative of the vast majority of users of
> Microsoft software, either. They make a lot of noise.
>
> However, even decades ago there was a lot of resentment for
> Microsoft, and some of it they brought on by bad behavior.

I believe we are all in agreement to some degree on this.
Since I use a few proprietary operating systems, my favorite if the old
VMS. But, HP is trying hard to marginalize it and just reaping the
profits from the government sector contracts until those dry up. Then
it is game over for VMS. HP doesn't see the trend yet toward more and
more powerful mobile devices that technology is going to bring about.
What was considered the realm of the mainframe is almost now in the
mobile devices. I do believe that Mark Kent was on the money on that one.

What happened to him anyway?

Homer

Feb 10, 2012, 7:04:55 PM2/10/12
Gangster apologist GreyCloud whined:

> July, 2009
>
> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open
> development, and that very much involves not just making the source
> open, but also not shutting other people and companies out.
>
> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one
> major reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I
> don’t want to be associated with the people for whom it’s about
> exclusion and hatred.”

[quote]
Apparently, that melodramatic proclaimer of outrageously twisted
opinion, Linus Torvalds, thinks anyone who criticises Microsoft for
their unethical (and even criminal) behaviour, is suffering some kind of
"disease" (although he fails to specify). I, however, will specify the
disease that fuels Torvalds' hatred of Microsoft critics ... it's called
"pragmatism".

Having just read yet another article concerning Microsoft's unethical
behaviour, I think I may have the perfect response to Torvalds' rather
blinkered diatribe:

Microsoft's chief Washington lobbyist has been convening regular
meetings attended by the company's outside consultants that have become
known by some beltway insiders as "screw Google" meetings, DailyFinance
has learned.

The meetings are part of an ongoing campaign by Microsoft (MSFT),
other Google (GOOG) opponents, and hired third parties to discredit the
Web search leader, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the
matter.

"Microsoft is at the center of a group of companies who see Google
as a threat to them in some combination of business and policy," said a
source familiar with the matter, who requested anonymity to avoid
retribution. "The effort is designed make Google look like the big
high-tech bad guy here."

So it seems Microsoft is waging a "hate" campaign against Google.

In light of this latest reminder of where the real source of all this
"hatred" lies, here's my response to Linus "disease" Torvalds:

I may make jokes about Google at times, but at the same time, I think
that Microsoft's hatred of Google is a disease. I believe in a Free
Market, and that very much involves not just keeping the market
balanced, but also not shutting other people and companies out with
monopolies.

There are ‘extremists’ in the proprietary software world, and that’s one
major reason why I don’t use Microsoft's software any more. I don’t want
to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and
hatred.

Yes, "exclusion and hatred" sums up Microsoft perfectly.

Thanks Linus.
[/quote]

http://slated.org/torvalds_hatred_of_microsoft_critics_is_a_disease

Common decency is not a "disease". The only "disease" here is the sort
of "pragmatism" that causes people to defend gangsters against perfectly
justified criticism.

--
K. | "You see? You cannot kill me. There is no flesh
http://slated.org | and blood within this cloak to kill. There is

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 10, 2012, 7:30:44 PM2/10/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
> I do believe that Mark Kent was on the money on that one.
>
> What happened to him anyway?

Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.

--
Choosing not to have a mortgage is a lot less worrysome? Is this guy
fucking insane? Where does he propose people live? Crashing out on

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 10, 2012, 7:33:06 PM2/10/12
Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
I think Linus was trying to appear more "reasonable" than he feels.

Maybe the old Mindcraft results stung him a bit.

Geez, who'd have thought the trolls thought 7 was honest, giving
that I am completely honest in what I say?

--
Liarnut? You ARE joking? 7 posts more truths than Liarnut.
-- "Hadron", http://www.myunitsconverter.com/thread/844632/COLA%20Stats%20%20Saturday%20the%202nd%20of%20February%20%202008.

Foster

Feb 10, 2012, 7:34:47 PM2/10/12
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:30:44 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>> I do believe that Mark Kent was on the money on that one.
>>
>> What happened to him anyway?
>
> Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.
^^^^^
Looks like loser Chris Ahlstrom is even starting to use the same
lingo as the freaky .UK crowd!

What a tool!

FWIW Mark Kent is an idiot.

He was laughed out of this group after blathering on and on how
there is no such thing as intellectual property only to have it
discovered that the company he works for boasts intellectual
property as a competitive advantage over their competitors.

And you know this full well Chris Ahlstrom so stop playing ignorant.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 10, 2012, 7:37:35 PM2/10/12
Homer wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
I think Linus was trying to appear more "reasonable" than he feels.

Maybe the old Mindcraft results stung him a bit.

Geez, who'd have thought the trolls thought 7 was more honest, giving
that I am completely honest in what I say?

For good reason is 7 acclaimed as COLA President! :-D

Foster

Feb 10, 2012, 7:36:46 PM2/10/12
I think you're an idiot for once again trying to explain away a
rational, not zealot like, rabid, cultist attitude towards Linux vs
Microsoft.

Why do you feel the need to attempt to twist what is a very basic
statement?

Oh yea, you have to play to the herd!

Foster

Feb 10, 2012, 7:39:40 PM2/10/12
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:37:35 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Homer w> For good reason is 7 acclaimed as COLA President! :-D

Yea, you morons needed to find someone more intelligent than the
rest of you.

DFS

Feb 10, 2012, 8:15:53 PM2/10/12
On 2/10/2012 7:37 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Geez, who'd have thought the trolls thought 7 was more honest, giving
> that I am completely honest in what I say?

Is that right, Pinocchio?

* "Microsoft killed the Citrix client for Linux"

* "the only products that are making headway against Microsoft these
days are *free* products based on open-source."

* "Office Depot put all its Windows Vista computers on clearance"

* "'chuck it out there and see'" is exactly Microsoft's business model."

* "I forgot I posted my 'personal info' to Usenet long before DFS did"

* "If it weren't for vendors clambering all over Windows systems keeping
them protected and keeping them going, they wouldn't last a month"

* "Windows isn't ready for the desktop (Jun 2011)"

* "Linux is only marginally more problematic than Windows"

* "Blender seems to be the best way ever to make videos"

* "DFS claimed Windows enabled the Internet"

* "MS got Peter Quinn of Massachusetts fired"

* "DFS is dishonest"

* "Microsoft's repeat customers buy laptops because their 2-year old
systems are infected by malware."

* "Bill Gates promised 'A computer in every home, all running Microsoft
Windows.'"

* "DFS presented 2 calendar year tax forms as if they were for one
fiscal year"

* "OpenOffice tops 20% market share"

* "I never lie in my posts"

* "I am completely honest in what I say"

Those last 2 are classics!

> For good reason is 7 acclaimed as COLA President! :-D

ah yes... behold some of his "presidential" mumblings:

* "Microsoft products can only access 3Gb of RAM while Linux has no RAM
limits"

* "Linux is expanding at the rate of 1 million+ desktops per week"

* "Linux sells 14 million+ embedded gadgets PER DAY."

* "90% of all products sold with an OS contains Linux." (Jan 2012)

* "97% of all consumer electronics gadgets carry Linux." (Feb 2012)

* "Microsoft is a family run business" (Feb 2012)

* "Microsoft paid $8 billion for a company worth $70 million"

* "Software from the United States is 2nd rate"

* "IBM doesn't use Windows"

* "Windows usage falls to 20%"

* "Ubuntu is expecting 200 million users"

* "Linux is on one-third of all PCs sold"

* "I used to spend 7000 to 9000 pounds a year on Microsoft software"

* "I was European Inventor Of The Year 1995"

* "Latest estimate is 500 million infected Windows computers (May 2011)"

* "Linux fixes all its serious vulnerabilities in roughly 24 hours"

* "Micoshaft has illegally twisted suppliers in Taiwan
to restrict choice of OS preload."

* "The EU accepted bribes and collusion with micoshaftees
to keep Linux from EU and its people"

* "OpenOffice is a derivative of LibreOffice"

* "Microsoft plans to snoop on your voip calls"

* "1/10th of all the Client Desktop Market is now owned by Android - Jun
2011"

* "Linux and open source is the preferred method of software development
for all major new projects." Jul 2011

GreyCloud

Feb 10, 2012, 8:53:37 PM2/10/12
So that is how the herd ostricizes their own.

GreyCloud

Feb 10, 2012, 8:54:55 PM2/10/12
Homer wrote:
> Gangster apologist GreyCloud whined:
>> July, 2009
>>
>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open
>> development, and that very much involves not just making the source
>> open, but also not shutting other people and companies out.
>>
>> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one
>> major reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I
>> don’t want to be associated with the people for whom it’s about
>> exclusion and hatred.â€
>
> There are ‘extremists’ in the proprietary software world, and that’s one
> major reason why I don’t use Microsoft's software any more. I don’t want
> to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and
> hatred.
>
> Yes, "exclusion and hatred" sums up Microsoft perfectly.
>
> Thanks Linus.
> [/quote]
>
> http://slated.org/torvalds_hatred_of_microsoft_critics_is_a_disease
>
> Common decency is not a "disease". The only "disease" here is the sort
> of "pragmatism" that causes people to defend gangsters against perfectly
> justified criticism.

Your hatred for all oses not linux shows up like a stomped on thumb.
Hence, according to Linus, you are diseased.

Gregory Shearman

Feb 10, 2012, 11:54:32 PM2/10/12
On 2012-02-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>> I do believe that Mark Kent was on the money on that one.
>>
>> What happened to him anyway?
>
> Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.

I always think of Superman when I see his name. I wonder if it is a
secret identity.

--
Regards,
Gregory.

RonB

Feb 11, 2012, 1:02:58 AM2/11/12
On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:37:35 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> I think Linus was trying to appear more "reasonable" than he feels.

But really it doesn't matter as we are not iCultists or WinTrolls who have
to "toe the line" whenever some corporate CEO jerks our string. Personally
I don't care why Linus said what he said -- he was wrong.

--
RonB
Registered Linux User #498581

DFS

Feb 11, 2012, 1:17:27 AM2/11/12
On 2/10/2012 7:04 PM, Homer wrote:

> http://slated.org/torvalds_hatred_of_microsoft_critics_is_a_disease
>
> Common decency is not a "disease". The only "disease" here is the sort
> of "pragmatism" that causes people to defend gangsters against perfectly
> justified criticism.

If you had any sort of consistency you would tell Torvalds to "burn in
Hell".

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2012, 7:05:09 AM2/11/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Foster wrote:

>>> Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.
>> ^^^^^
>> Looks like loser Chris Ahlstrom is even starting to use the same
>> lingo as the freaky .UK crowd!

Heh, well I likes to watch me footie on the telly, laddy.

Now be a bright yob 'n' piss off! :-D

>> What a tool!
>>
>> FWIW Mark Kent is an idiot.
>>
>> He was laughed out of this group after blathering on and on how
>> there is no such thing as intellectual property only to have it
>> discovered that the company he works for boasts intellectual
>> property as a competitive advantage over their competitors.
>>
>> And you know this full well Chris Ahlstrom so stop playing ignorant.

Aw shaddap, ya stupid troll.

> So that is how the herd ostricizes their own.

Why do you believe Flounder? Far more likely is the noise and insults
from your asshat new-found buddies drove him off.

--
Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people
want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2012, 7:11:14 AM2/11/12
Gregory Shearman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2012-02-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> I do believe that Mark Kent was on the money on that one.
>>>
>>> What happened to him anyway?
>>
>> Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.
>
> I always think of Superman when I see his name. I wonder if it is a
> secret identity.

I always thought of cigarettes when I saw his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7V86gxdI-4

King size or 100's!

http://www.braytonlaw.com/news/verdicts/2000traverso.htm

Jury Awards $1,048,100.00 in Kent Micronite Asbestos Cigarette Filter
Case

http://www.nutsie.com/song/Kent%20cigarettes%20(To%20A%20Smoker%20It%27s%20A%20Kent)/82270&album_id=1107543

Ah, the "Good" old days. To a smoker, it's a Kent!

Sorry Homer, if I awoke any cravings....

--
And a note to Chris Ahlstrom (aka - Linonut). Fuck off you unpatriotic
asshole. I gave up nearly 6 years of my life serving this great

Homer

Feb 11, 2012, 7:37:38 AM2/11/12
Verily I say unto thee that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

[snip cigs]

> Sorry Homer, if I awoke any cravings....

No sweat, I switched to E-cigs months ago.

Hmm, I wonder if they run Linux? :)

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 9:15:43 AM2/11/12
That's correct.

They try to re-write history and when they get caught doing that,
they play ignorant. I don't believe they are playing though.

And notice Ahlstrom doesn't demand proof because he knows it's true
and it will just lead to a long thread, seeding google of course,
with all the asinine statements Mark Kent has made over the years.

Mark Kent turned out to be one of the biggest hypocrites to come
down the pike since Shitzferwitz.

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 9:16:23 AM2/11/12
WRT [Homer] both his brain and his lungs are diseased.

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 12:40:40 PM2/11/12
Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 12:41:22 PM2/11/12
I thought it may have been Peter calling him an idiot in many posts
before Mark left.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2012, 1:12:21 PM2/11/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>
>> Why do you believe Flounder? Far more likely is the noise and insults
>> from your asshat new-found buddies drove him off.
>
> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?

Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.

--
I’m thinking of hitting the OEMs harder than in the past with
anti-Linux [...] They should do a delicate dance.

Snit

Feb 11, 2012, 2:15:09 PM2/11/12
RonB stated in post jh50ai$ak0$1...@dont-email.me on 2/10/12 11:02 PM:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:37:35 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> I think Linus was trying to appear more "reasonable" than he feels.
>
> But really it doesn't matter as we are not iCultists or WinTrolls who have
> to "toe the line" whenever some corporate CEO jerks our string. Personally
> I don't care why Linus said what he said -- he was wrong.

Can you point to when you think Stallman was wrong.... how about his
comments about sex and children? I say he was wrong and repulsive. You?
Can you think of any time he was wrong?

Now from the other angle: you imply people who use Mac and Windows products
cannot find fault with those companies (or maybe the CEOs). Can you find
*any* example of this. Any. From COLA or elsewhere?

I bet not. You flat out made it up... and you do so to please your herd.
In the very post where you try to make yourself seem less tied to a cult,
you prove you are.

And you do it over and over and over. You cannot help yourself - it is a
part of your mindset. You are tied to your herd in a way you cannot even
pretend to not be.

As for me: not the case at all with Apple or with Jobs. I have not liked
any Apple mouse since the intro of the first iMac, I think the full screen
implementation making secondary screens useless is absurd, I think Jobs was
arrogant and greatly flawed as a person, I think the placement of ports on
iMacs is an example of looks overriding functionality, etc. You cannot
accept this, though, because your mindset is that people must be as cult-ish
as you and your herd are. It is just unimaginable that people should have
free thought and think for themselves without sucking up to some herd as you
do.

--
🙈🙉🙊

JEDIDIAH

Feb 11, 2012, 3:47:48 PM2/11/12
On 2012-02-10, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
> July, 2009
>
> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,

I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
it's former self.

Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
Linus on this subject.

--
These Mac Fanboys want vi imposed on everyone. |||
/ | \

ahls...@xzoozy11.com

Feb 11, 2012, 4:03:57 PM2/11/12
So this Linus is a god to you? You do know that the cocksucker puts on
his pants one leg at a time like you do, right? There is no need to
worship someone that puts his or her pants on one leg at a time like you
do.

RonB

Feb 11, 2012, 4:44:18 PM2/11/12
They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 4:48:25 PM2/11/12
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:44:18 +0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> They've lost and they're bitter.

Lost what?

Linux still sits at about 1 percent of the desktop market after 20
years of being free.

You can barely find a preloaded PC with Linux on it.

Windows 8 is already causing a big stir. People are interested in
it.
Linux?

Who cares?

Even if Android is Linux, and that's a debate for another day, most
people don't know that nor do they care.

So exactly how is Linux winning?

> Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.

You already do it.
It's called COLA and it's in no shape, form or fashion a Linux
advocacy group.
It's a Microsoft / Apple hate group.

And you wRongB are the worst offender.
You losers have ruined your own group.
Congratulations!
It takes a special kind of idiot to shoot himself in the foot.

Snit

Feb 11, 2012, 4:53:25 PM2/11/12
RonB stated in post jh6nfi$bgb$1...@dont-email.me on 2/11/12 2:44 PM:

> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:47:48 -0600, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> On 2012-02-10, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>>> July, 2009
>>>
>>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>>
>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>> it's former self.
>>
>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>> Linus on this subject.
>
> They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.

But you spew your anti-Linux BS in COLA! You do *exactly* what you claim
you would not do. Exactly.

--
🙈🙉🙊

DFS

Feb 11, 2012, 5:00:08 PM2/11/12
Smackdown!

Why do we have to explain cola to them?

ahls...@xzoozy11.com

Feb 11, 2012, 5:00:15 PM2/11/12
On 2/11/2012 4:44 PM, RonB wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:47:48 -0600, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> On 2012-02-10, GreyCloud<mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>>> July, 2009
>>>
>>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>>
>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>> it's former self.
>>
>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>> Linus on this subject.
>
> They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.

LOL! You ask that ass-wipe 7 what it was doing for many years before it
stopped bombing Windows NG(s) as it took a beating about its Linux
bullcrap.

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 5:05:40 PM2/11/12
Maybe you'd better talk to Linus on this point.
After all, it was his quote, not mine.
Just pointing out where the real hypocrisy is.

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 5:07:25 PM2/11/12
RonB wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 14:47:48 -0600, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> On 2012-02-10, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>>> July, 2009
>>>
>>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>> it's former self.
>>
>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>> Linus on this subject.
>
> They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.

Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
operating system, much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
Hypocrisy anyone?

DFS

Feb 11, 2012, 5:08:07 PM2/11/12
Has RonB ever said anything less-than-flattering about Linux, or
less-than-insulting about MS or Windows?

I don't think so.

Snit

Feb 11, 2012, 5:29:43 PM2/11/12
DFS stated in post jh6osl$ept$9...@dont-email.me on 2/11/12 3:08 PM:
Not that I can recall - though he does attack those of us who like and
appreciate Linux. All the time.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2012, 6:46:13 PM2/11/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
> operating system, ...

We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.

> much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
> Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
> Hypocrisy anyone?

Linus never said anything about dunning assholes.

--
Gortard, in an amazingly stupid fuck up even for him, also claimed
(because he worked as a beancounter in a shop) that the data from data

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 11, 2012, 6:47:08 PM2/11/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

Grey, you're full of sheeeeeeit.

--
>> Fundamentally, as used by the Linux community, Freedom means ...
>
> Ironically, this would also better serve consumers.

Yet is proven not to : diluted market, reduced income, fly by night
products and/or companies, dead projects, reinvention of wheels, etc etc
etc. Can you imagine if the all the skilled resources spread over 500
distros were to actually work together? As it is, all most do is cherry
pick other peoples hard work, change it for some petty reason and then
leave that branch to gather cobwebs as their interested wains. The
result is a confused market place and disgruntled customers.
-- "Hadron" <g12ha7-...@news.eternal-september.org>

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 6:47:50 PM2/11/12
On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:46:13 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>> operating system, ...
>
> We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.

I don't see you attacking 7 or Rex Ballard.
They don't get more raving than those two.

Oh, I forgot, they are herd members and you will never attack a
fellow herd member no matter how much he lies.

Big Steel

Feb 11, 2012, 7:01:44 PM2/11/12
On 2/11/2012 6:47 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>>> it's former self.
>>>
>>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>>> Linus on this subject.
>>>
>> Maybe you'd better talk to Linus on this point.
>> After all, it was his quote, not mine.
>> Just pointing out where the real hypocrisy is.
>
> Grey, you're full of sheeeeeeit.

And you are not girly-man?

William Poaster

Feb 11, 2012, 7:09:19 PM2/11/12
Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 18:12, wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> Why do you believe Flounder? Far more likely is the noise and insults
>>> from your asshat new-found buddies drove him off.
>>
>> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
>> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?
>
> Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.

+1

--
Old age and guile will always beat youth & stupidity.

Most people are sheep.
Microsoft is very effective
at fleecing the flockers.

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 7:12:57 PM2/11/12
On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:09:19 +0000, William Poaster wrote:

> Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 18:12, wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
>>> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?
>>
>> Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.
>
> +1

The empty suit has spoken......
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Amazing how they just can't stop talking about flatfish.

William Poaster

Feb 11, 2012, 7:17:54 PM2/11/12
Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 23:46, wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>> operating system, ...
>
> We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.

That's raving *trolling* assholes, surely? And if GreyClod can't tell
the difference...

>> much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
>> Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
>> Hypocrisy anyone?
>
> Linus never said anything about dunning assholes.

--
Klingon Prime Directive: Shoot it!

Big Steel

Feb 11, 2012, 7:24:57 PM2/11/12
On 2/11/2012 7:09 PM, William Poaster wrote:
> Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 18:12, wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
>>> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?
>>
>> Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.
>
> +1

LOL! He is too ridiculous.

Big Steel

Feb 11, 2012, 7:26:30 PM2/11/12
On 2/11/2012 7:17 PM, William Poaster wrote:
> Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 23:46, wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>>> operating system, ...
>>
>> We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.
>
> That's raving *trolling* assholes, surely? And if GreyClod can't tell
> the difference...
>
>>> much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
>>> Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
>>> Hypocrisy anyone?
>>
>> Linus never said anything about dunning assholes.

He's just running around on the Ass-Kiss-Express.

Torre Starnes

Feb 11, 2012, 7:30:57 PM2/11/12
Yep..

So now William Poaster and his fantastic filters are blocking the
entire earthink ISP/Domain along with 40tude news reader.

It's hysterical.

Is this moron for real?

I can change the headers easily.....In fact, look at the next
response to this message.....

40tude now...what will be next?

Look in 2 minutes to see.....

Tori Starnes

Feb 11, 2012, 7:33:48 PM2/11/12
Hi Willy!!!!

How do you like my Thunderbird header?

Would u like to see slrn?
How about knode?
Agent?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

You are a fool William Poaster!

Foster

Feb 11, 2012, 7:34:34 PM2/11/12
So much for Willy Poaster's fantastic filters!!

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Big Steel

Feb 11, 2012, 7:39:48 PM2/11/12
I have heard of people doing that to mess with people like
Kiss-em-Butt-Plus-One-Willy. :)

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 9:14:09 PM2/11/12
William Poaster wrote:
> Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 18:12, wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
>>> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?
>> Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.
>
> +1

Still got that bridge for sale, Willie?

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 9:16:46 PM2/11/12
Yet the advocates here hate M$.
I wonder which mental disease Linus had in mind?

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 9:18:23 PM2/11/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>> operating system, ...
>
> We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.

I know that you aren't attacking me, but a few are.
Just because of my own personal choice. Which really is no business of
theirs.

>> much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
>> Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
>> Hypocrisy anyone?
>
> Linus never said anything about dunning assholes.

I wonder how he handled them in his forum?

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 9:20:13 PM2/11/12
William Poaster wrote:
> Here is a facsimile from Chris Ahlstrom who, on 11/2/2012 23:46, wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>>> operating system, ...
>> We're not attacking such people. We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.
>
> That's raving *trolling* assholes, surely? And if GreyClod can't tell
> the difference...

See? Another gutless turd that will never reply.
Maybe the disease that Linus was talking about was syphillus?
It attacks the brain, much like what you've posted.

>>> much as Linus points out. Remember Linus created
>>> Linux. Yet he thinks this kind of thinking is a disease.
>>> Hypocrisy anyone?
>> Linus never said anything about dunning assholes.

Yet here we have it folks... Willie Butt Crust.

GreyCloud

Feb 11, 2012, 9:21:06 PM2/11/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>>> it's former self.
>>>
>>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>>> Linus on this subject.
>>>
>> Maybe you'd better talk to Linus on this point.
>> After all, it was his quote, not mine.
>> Just pointing out where the real hypocrisy is.
>
> Grey, you're full of sheeeeeeit.

Guffaw!!! Not likely. Didn't you read Linus quote?
It *IS* called hypocrisy.

Snit

Feb 12, 2012, 12:26:07 AM2/12/12
GreyCloud stated in post fJOdnT2b0aSWBajS...@bresnan.com on
2/10/12 3:19 PM:

> July, 2009
>
> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
> and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also
> not shutting other
> people and companies out.
>
> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one major
> reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I don’t want
> to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and hatred.”

Linus Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth and Jim Zemlin all seem to be very
respectable people. In COLA, though, the herd would consider them trolls.
Heck, when I echo or quote their ideas, as you just did, I am called names
and told I am against the OSS movement.

The herd is insane.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Snit

Feb 12, 2012, 12:28:02 AM2/12/12
GreyCloud stated in post fJOdnT2b0aSWBajS...@bresnan.com on
2/10/12 3:19 PM:

> July, 2009
>
> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
> and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also
> not shutting other
> people and companies out.
>
> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one major
> reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I don’t want
> to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and hatred.”

Careful: I quoted Stallman and TomB got so bent out of shape he tried to
get me banned from my Usenet provider.

--
🙈🙉🙊

Gregory Shearman

Feb 12, 2012, 12:46:00 AM2/12/12
On 2012-02-11, Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@xzoozy.com> wrote:
>>> Dunno. He seemed a decent bloke in general.
>>
>> I always think of Superman when I see his name. I wonder if it is a
>> secret identity.
>
> I always thought of cigarettes when I saw his name.

[...]
> Ah, the "Good" old days. To a smoker, it's a Kent!

Ugghh.... Horrible bloody things... I nearly spewed when I tried a Kent.

I used to smoke about 16 years ago. Camel no filter... and White Ox
dark tobacco.

> Sorry Homer, if I awoke any cravings....

Poor bastard! I still crave them after sixteen years of abstinence.

--
Regards,
Gregory.

GreyCloud

Feb 12, 2012, 1:17:37 AM2/12/12
Snit wrote:
> GreyCloud stated in post fJOdnT2b0aSWBajS...@bresnan.com on
> 2/10/12 3:19 PM:
>
>> July, 2009
>>
>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>> and that very much involves not just making the source open, but also
>> not shutting other
>> people and companies out.
>>
>> There are ‘extremists’ in the free software world, but that’s one major
>> reason why I don’t call what I do ‘free software’ any more. I don’t want
>> to be associated with the people for whom it’s about exclusion and hatred.â€
>
> Linus Torvalds, Mark Shuttleworth and Jim Zemlin all seem to be very
> respectable people. In COLA, though, the herd would consider them trolls.
> Heck, when I echo or quote their ideas, as you just did, I am called names
> and told I am against the OSS movement.
>
> The herd is insane.

Most seem to be. What is that distant rumbling sound?

Is that a herd of gnus?

A Sinister Midget

Feb 12, 2012, 9:59:59 AM2/12/12
On 2012-02-12, Gregory Shearman <ZekeG...@netscape.net> claimed:
My cravings went away after about a year. It's been nearly 13 (I quit a
few months after my son was born) and I haven't been even close to
wanting one for at least 12 of those.

I also made a deliberate effort not to become an anti-smoking fascist.
So people can smoke around me and it's not a problem. Except on my
eyes when spaces are small and smoke isn't. That part was always a
problem anyway.

--
Illiterate?... Write for free help.
Acer Aspire One, Lubuntu 11.10

Gregory Shearman

Feb 12, 2012, 6:22:16 PM2/12/12
On 2012-02-12, A Sinister Midget <fardb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My cravings went away after about a year. It's been nearly 13 (I quit a
> few months after my son was born) and I haven't been even close to
> wanting one for at least 12 of those.

You're lucky. I don't think I'll ever get over it. Still craving it
after 16 years. I smoked for nearly 25 years.

> I also made a deliberate effort not to become an anti-smoking fascist.
> So people can smoke around me and it's not a problem. Except on my
> eyes when spaces are small and smoke isn't. That part was always a
> problem anyway.

I don't let people smoke in my house or in my car, but I don't mind them
smoking anywhere else. Trouble is, I find myself breathing it in and
enjoying it...

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 12, 2012, 6:44:40 PM2/12/12
Gregory Shearman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
So do I, when it gets smoggy enough in this ol' town to remind me of
L.A. -- where they don't trust any air they can't see.

--
I call someone a liar when they are obviously telling lies. Not
unless.

chrisv

Feb 13, 2012, 8:51:07 AM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> the piece of shit calling itself "GreyCloud" wrote:
>>
>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>> operating system, ...

Sheesh. What a bald-faced *liar*.

>We're not attacking such people.

Obviously.

>We're attacking raving assholes, Grey.

Like "Grey".

chrisv

Feb 13, 2012, 8:52:13 AM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you'd better talk to Linus on this point.
>> After all, it was his quote, not mine.
>> Just pointing out where the real hypocrisy is.
>
>Grey, you're full of sheeeeeeit.

He's a bald-faced liar, *again* using *lies* to attack the advocates,
while playing pat-a-cake with vile trolls.

chrisv

Feb 13, 2012, 9:01:12 AM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I think Linus was trying to appear more "reasonable" than he feels.

Plus, he doesn't want Sweaty showing-up on his doorstep with a
baseball bat.

chrisv

Feb 13, 2012, 9:03:31 AM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote:
>>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> Why do you believe Flounder? Far more likely is the noise and insults
>>> from your asshat new-found buddies drove him off.

He doesn't. They all know that they are liars. It can't be missed.
But they support each other anyway.

>> Last I looked it was Peter calling him idiot most of the time.
>> Wonder what put a wild hare up his arse?
>
>Well, Flounder *is* an idiot.

I wonder what turned "GreyCloud" into shit?

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 1:01:14 PM2/13/12
Nothing. Becoming honest proves your bias and shows you what a liar you
are. Your sphicnter got tight and your own crap finally flooded your
vision that shows everything as brown.

--
What's the definition of a will? (It's a dead giveaway).

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 1:01:36 PM2/13/12
You mean chair.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 1:02:04 PM2/13/12
Guffaw!!! You mean like Chrisv, the documented liar.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 1:02:41 PM2/13/12
Come out and play, bitch.
You'll lie till your tongue turns black.

Foster

Feb 13, 2012, 1:12:43 PM2/13/12
When it comes to the herd, you are either 100 percent with them or
you are the enemy.

If you *do* have the nerve to bring up a Linux problem, you must
follow the script in the Linux "Advocates" Play Book.

It goes something like this:

Linux is a great operating system that I have been using for many
years.
However, one thing bothers me and that is the lack of a good
language learning program like Rosetta Stone.

Did I mention that Linux is a great operating system?

I think this is really a missed opportunity for some commercial
company to fill a gap in Linux applications.

Did I mention that Linux is a great operating system?

etc..................

You need to walk on eggshells or the herd will turn on you like a
cornered rat.
That's one reason why I call these so called COLA Linux "advocates"
vermin.

JEDIDIAH

Feb 13, 2012, 1:44:52 PM2/13/12
On 2012-02-11, ahls...@xzoozy11.com <ahls...@xzoozy11.com> wrote:
> On 2/11/2012 3:47 PM, JEDIDIAH wrote:
>> On 2012-02-10, GreyCloud<mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>>> July, 2009
>>>
>>> "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same time, I
>>> think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe in open development,
>>
>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>> it's former self.
>>
>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>> Linus on this subject.
>>

> So this Linus is a god to you?

Stop projecting.

--
"Microsoft looks at new ideas, they don't evaluate whether
the idea will move the industry forward, they ask, |||

-- Bill Gates

JEDIDIAH

Feb 13, 2012, 1:46:05 PM2/13/12
On 2012-02-11, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
> On 2/11/2012 4:48 PM, Foster wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:44:18 +0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:
>>

>>> They've lost and they're bitter.
>>
>> Lost what?
>>
>> Linux still sits at about 1 percent of the desktop market after 20
>> years of being free.
>>
>> You can barely find a preloaded PC with Linux on it.
>>
>> Windows 8 is already causing a big stir. People are interested in
>> it.
>> Linux?
>>
>> Who cares?
>>
>> Even if Android is Linux, and that's a debate for another day, most
>> people don't know that nor do they care.
>>
>> So exactly how is Linux winning?
>>
>>> Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
>>> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.
>>
>> You already do it.
>> It's called COLA and it's in no shape, form or fashion a Linux
>> advocacy group.
>> It's a Microsoft / Apple hate group.
>>
>> And you wRongB are the worst offender.
>> You losers have ruined your own group.
>> Congratulations!
>> It takes a special kind of idiot to shoot himself in the foot.
>

> Smackdown!

Yet you losers are here engaging in activities that by your
own admission are if anything along the lines of pulling the
wings off of flies or torturing the neighbor's dog.

It's not the Linux users here that have the mental problem.

JEDIDIAH

Feb 13, 2012, 1:47:25 PM2/13/12
On 2012-02-11, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
> RonB wrote:

>>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>>> it's former self.
>>>
>>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>>> Linus on this subject.
>>
>> They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
>> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.
>>

> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another

You are trying to conflate yourself with someone reasonable.

That simply is not the case and we're not gullible enough to believe it.

[deletia]

You act like a jackass and then are surprised when you are treated as such.

chrisv

Feb 13, 2012, 2:30:42 PM2/13/12
JEDIDIAH wrote:

> troll wrote:
>>
>> Smackdown!

In the bizarro world of a troll, a bunch of transparent idiocy and
lies constitute a "smackdown".

> Yet you losers are here engaging in activities that by your
>own admission are if anything along the lines of pulling the
>wings off of flies or torturing the neighbor's dog.

Well, the trolls are simply lying. They know that
Android is kicking ass, and they kow that it matters not if Joe
SixPack knows the technical details - it's still a win for Linux and a
loss for the M$/Apple Duopoly.

> It's not the Linux users here that have the mental problem.

You can say that again...

--
"(Android) is not a win for Linux." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron
Quark

DFS

Feb 13, 2012, 2:42:23 PM2/13/12
On 2/13/2012 2:30 PM, chrisv wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> troll wrote:
>>>
>>> Smackdown!
>
> In the bizarro world of a troll, a bunch of transparent idiocy and
> lies constitute a "smackdown".
>
>> Yet you losers are here engaging in activities that by your
>> own admission are if anything along the lines of pulling the
>> wings off of flies or torturing the neighbor's dog.
>
> Well, the trolls are simply lying. They know that
> Android is kicking ass, and they kow that it matters not if Joe
> SixPack knows the technical details - it's still a win for Linux and a
> loss for the M$/Apple Duopoly.

It might be a "win for Linux" if they prominently advertised and
featured the word Linux everytime Android was mentioned, and if anybody
was actually buying an Android tablet because it has a modified Linux
kernel.

But they don't, and they aren't.

DFS

Feb 13, 2012, 2:43:02 PM2/13/12
On 2/13/2012 1:46 PM, JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-02-11, DFS<nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>> Smackdown!
>
> Yet you losers are here engaging in activities that by your
> own admission are if anything along the lines of pulling the
> wings off of flies or torturing the neighbor's dog.

cola Linux "advocates": flies and dogs. I would never insult dogs like
that, but the fly analogy is appropriate: OSS/GPL contaminates
everything it touches.

> It's not the Linux users here that have the mental problem.

uh huh... 7 and Homer and chrisv and Rex Ballard don't have mental
problems..

Not only do you cola "advocates" suffer from mental disorders, you also
have the integrity problem, the dishonesty problem, the hypocrisy
problem, the anger problem, and the money problem...

That's a lot of problems.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 4:03:17 PM2/13/12
Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.

> That's one reason why I call these so called COLA Linux "advocates"
> vermin.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 4:04:25 PM2/13/12
JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-02-11, ahls...@xzoozy11.com <ahls...@xzoozy11.com> wrote:

>>> I think the Lemmings here take it more seriously than most of us do
>>> at this point. Microsoft has gone from being the monster that was going
>>> to take over the world, to being toothless dragon that's a shadow of
>>> it's former self.
>>>
>>> Most of the pathalogical hate at this point seems to be coming from
>>> the Lemmings and Fanboys who fail to grasp the irony of trying to invoke
>>> Linus on this subject.
>>>
>> So this Linus is a god to you?
>
> Stop projecting.

Well, isn't he? After all, didn't Linus create Linux?
Or do you troll from some other obscure reason?

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 4:04:51 PM2/13/12
Linus would disagree with you.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 4:05:20 PM2/13/12
chrisv wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>
>> troll wrote:
>>> Smackdown!
>
> In the bizarro world of a troll, a bunch of transparent idiocy and
> lies constitute a "smackdown".
>
>> Yet you losers are here engaging in activities that by your
>> own admission are if anything along the lines of pulling the
>> wings off of flies or torturing the neighbor's dog.
>
> Well, the trolls are simply lying. They know that
> Android is kicking ass, and they kow that it matters not if Joe
> SixPack knows the technical details - it's still a win for Linux and a
> loss for the M$/Apple Duopoly.
>
>> It's not the Linux users here that have the mental problem.
>
> You can say that again...

Yep, you sure do have a mental problem.

Does your boss know you are wasting company time?

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 4:08:24 PM2/13/12
JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-02-11, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>> RonB wrote:

>>> They've lost and they're bitter. Can you imagine Linux advocates spewing
>>> on and on in a Windows' newsgroup? Wouldn't happen, we have lives.
>>>
>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>
> You are trying to conflate yourself with someone reasonable.

Reasonable? When the herd screws one of its own?

Uh-huh.

> That simply is not the case and we're not gullible enough to believe it.

Well then you should buy Willies bridge that he is trying to resell then.

> [deletia]

[dementia]

> You act like a jackass and then are surprised when you are treated as such.

Such as yourself. Nothing like mass hypocrisy here, eh?

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 13, 2012, 4:53:13 PM2/13/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Foster wrote:
>

> Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
> saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.

Yeah, by nasty trolls.

>> That's one reason why I call these so called COLA Linux "advocates"
>> vermin.

Bullshit. Flounder calls them that because he is a mentally-ill
sociopath.

Here's another sociopathic wackjob, with an almost unparallelled record
of posting sheer garbage:

--
Ahsltrom, Ahlstrom, Ahlstrom : you do NOTHING BUT show off about your in
depth knowledge (which you dont have): You CONSTANTLY strut around

Foster

Feb 13, 2012, 5:09:40 PM2/13/12
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:53:13 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Foster wrote:
>>

>> Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
>> saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
>> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.
>
> Yeah, by nasty trolls.

Lying again Chris Ahlstrom.
Mark Kent turned out to be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
"There is no such thing as intellectual property" he said.
Meanwhile the company where he is a director of technology promotes
their use of intellectual property as being a competitive advantage.

The others I dunno, they just sort of left.
Probably because they discovered Windows 7.

You are such a piece of crap Chris Ahlstrom.

>>> That's one reason why I call these so called COLA Linux "advocates"
>>> vermin.
>
> Bullshit. Flounder calls them that because he is a mentally-ill
> sociopath.

Stop replying 3rd party you chicken shit.

I call them how I see them and you guys when cornered act just like
rats.
See how you treated Greycloud and others who decided to go against
the herd.

Nobody sane believes a word of what you write Chris Ahlstrom.
You are like a frightened deer in the headlights.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 5:27:05 PM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Foster wrote:
>>

>> Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
>> saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
>> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.
>
> Yeah, by nasty trolls.

Yeup. Like Chrisv, Peter, etc.
I remember quite well the attacks.

JEDIDIAH

Feb 13, 2012, 5:16:57 PM2/13/12
On 2012-02-13, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> Then why are you attacking people that may have a preference for another
>>
>> You are trying to conflate yourself with someone reasonable.
>>

> Reasonable? When the herd screws one of its own?

It's just hilarious that you don't notice the obvious paradox there.

[deletia]

DFS

Feb 13, 2012, 5:36:21 PM2/13/12
On 2/13/2012 5:09 PM, Foster wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:53:13 -0500, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Foster wrote:
>>>

>>> Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
>>> saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
>>> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.
>>
>> Yeah, by nasty trolls.
>
> Lying again Chris Ahlstrom.
> Mark Kent turned out to be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
> "There is no such thing as intellectual property" he said.
> Meanwhile the company where he is a director of technology promotes
> their use of intellectual property as being a competitive advantage.
>
> The others I dunno, they just sort of left.
> Probably because they discovered Windows 7.
>
> You are such a piece of crap Chris Ahlstrom.

The rest left because advocating Linux is a sad, lonely job. Look at
the raw material you have to work with.

>> Bullshit. Flounder calls them that because he is a mentally-ill
>> sociopath.
>
> Stop replying 3rd party you chicken shit.

He has a special keystroke combo in slrn where he can peek at your
original, then go back and answer it 3rd party and pretend he didn't
read yours.

That's our Creepy.

> I call them how I see them and you guys when cornered act just like
> rats.
> See how you treated Greycloud and others who decided to go against
> the herd.
>

> Nobody sane believes a word of what you write Chris Ahlstrom.
> You are like a frightened deer in the headlights.

Wonder how he pissed his pants when the FBI contacted him? Would've
been priceless to see his lips start trembling, calling up his wife and
asking her to bring him fresh undies at the local FBI office.

ha!

Foster

Feb 13, 2012, 5:46:31 PM2/13/12
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:36:21 -0500, DFS wrote:

> On 2/13/2012 5:09 PM, Foster wrote:

>>> Yeah, by nasty trolls.
>>
>> Lying again Chris Ahlstrom.
>> Mark Kent turned out to be the ultimate in hypocrisy.
>> "There is no such thing as intellectual property" he said.
>> Meanwhile the company where he is a director of technology promotes
>> their use of intellectual property as being a competitive advantage.
>>
>> The others I dunno, they just sort of left.
>> Probably because they discovered Windows 7.
>>
>> You are such a piece of crap Chris Ahlstrom.
>
> The rest left because advocating Linux is a sad, lonely job. Look at
> the raw material you have to work with.

Yea.
Linux.

Linux has been free for 20 years and still the usage hovers around 1
percent of the desktop.

Android while doing well is a Swiss Cheese operating system with new
exploits every day.

Then of course there is the Linux community, aka "the unwashed
masses".
Who in their right mind wants to be associated with that band of
losers?

>>> Bullshit. Flounder calls them that because he is a mentally-ill
>>> sociopath.
>>
>> Stop replying 3rd party you chicken shit.
>
> He has a special keystroke combo in slrn where he can peek at your
> original, then go back and answer it 3rd party and pretend he didn't
> read yours.
>
> That's our Creepy.

Yep.
He's too chicken and spineless to come out and debate so he hides
and peaks out from under [Homer]'s kilt once in a while to say his
piece.

What a tool !

>> I call them how I see them and you guys when cornered act just like
>> rats.
>> See how you treated Greycloud and others who decided to go against
>> the herd.
>>

>> Nobody sane believes a word of what you write Chris Ahlstrom.
>> You are like a frightened deer in the headlights.
>
> Wonder how he pissed his pants when the FBI contacted him? Would've
> been priceless to see his lips start trembling, calling up his wife and
> asking her to bring him fresh undies at the local FBI office.
>
> ha!

The FBI contacted Chris Ahlstrom?
I didn't know that.
What for?

William Poaster

Feb 13, 2012, 6:56:58 PM2/13/12
Smackdown! ;-)

--
Floppy not responding. Press any key to format HARD DRIVE instead

Most people are sheep.
Microsoft is very effective
at fleecing the flockers.

Chris Ahlstrom

Feb 13, 2012, 8:30:40 PM2/13/12
GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> Foster wrote:
>>>

>>> Ain't that the truth. Some of the cola regulars from the past finally
>>> saw the real hypocrisy and just left. Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
>>> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.
>>
>> Yeah, by nasty trolls.
>
> Yeup. Like Chrisv, Peter, etc.
> I remember quite well the attacks.

I don't recall chrisv or Peter ever teeing of on Richardson or Ghost, or
even Kent. T.Max? Well, he was a bit over-argumentative, so I wouldn't
be surprised. But, to him, I owe the phrase "monopoly crapware".

--
We've done some good work, but all of these products become obsolete so
fast... It will be some finite number of years, and I don't know the number

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 11:49:58 PM2/13/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> GreyCloud wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> Yeah, by nasty trolls.
>> Yeup. Like Chrisv, Peter, etc.
>> I remember quite well the attacks.
>
> I don't recall chrisv or Peter ever teeing of on Richardson or Ghost, or
> even Kent. T.Max? Well, he was a bit over-argumentative, so I wouldn't
> be surprised. But, to him, I owe the phrase "monopoly crapware".

I remember peter teeing off of kent. Don't know why Richardson left,
but then he started to tee off of me and then left. Ghost??? I wasn't
around when he left. TMax... Culley drove him off. Of course that is
when TMax started calling Terry stupid. Oh well, that's the way the
cookies crumble.

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 11:50:45 PM2/13/12
<***SPANK***> <***SPANK***> <***SPANK***>

Smack UP!

GreyCloud

Feb 13, 2012, 11:52:08 PM2/13/12
JEDIDIAH wrote:
> On 2012-02-13, GreyCloud <mi...@cumulus.com> wrote:
>> JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> You are trying to conflate yourself with someone reasonable.
>>>
>> Reasonable? When the herd screws one of its own?
>
> It's just hilarious that you don't notice the obvious paradox there.
>
> [deletia]

As usual... you continue to pick and choose.

The obvious paradox tho?? You weren't here when the herd turned on
TMax. Don't you remember Kent getting ripped into by the herd?
Yep. They eat their own.

Foster

Feb 14, 2012, 8:33:52 AM2/14/12
All it takes is for one herd member to admit the bull shit that
passes for Linux advcoacy and the place turns into a war zone.

You and philo, amongst others in the past, proved that quite nicely.

chrisv

Feb 14, 2012, 8:55:29 AM2/14/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> some piece of shit calling itself "GreyCloud" wrote:
>>
>> Foster wrote:
>>
>> Ain't that the truth.

No, it's not the truth, asshole.

I can say that without even reading it, because I can see that it was
written by the pathological liar "Flatfish".

>> Some of the cola regulars from the past finally saw the real
>> hypocrisy and just left.

You are a bald-faced liar, "GreyCloud". You don't know why they left.
It sure wasn't because of what you claim, you lying POS.

>> Like where is Richardson, Ghost,
>> Devlin, Kent, etc? They left because they slipped up and got attacked.
>
>Yeah, by nasty trolls.

Exactly.

>Bullshit. Flounder calls them that because he is a mentally-ill
>sociopath.

"GreyCloud" likes and supports him, though.

chrisv

Feb 14, 2012, 9:05:00 AM2/14/12
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> some piece of shit calling itself "GreyCloud" wrote:
>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>>> Yeah, by nasty trolls.
>>
>> Yeup. Like Chrisv, Peter, etc. I remember quite well the attacks.

Prove it, "GreyCloud", you lying piece of shit.

>I don't recall chrisv or Peter ever teeing of on Richardson or Ghost, or
>even Kent.

Because it never happened.

And, no, demonstrating that "they argued" would not validate the
filthy liar "GreyCloud's" claim. This is USENET, after all.

The piece of shit that calls itself "GreyCloud" is proving itself to
be as filthy a liar as any Linux-hater in here!

That's why the POS gets-along so well with the likes of "Flatfish" and
"Snit".

Big Steel

Feb 14, 2012, 9:08:21 AM2/14/12
On 2/14/2012 8:55 AM, chrisv wrote:

<snipped>

It's just another meltdown for the clown. Is this clown for real?

Big Steel

Feb 14, 2012, 9:09:28 AM2/14/12
On 2/14/2012 9:05 AM, chrisv wrote:

<snipped>

Someone lock him up because he is a deranged little man.

Lloyd

Feb 14, 2012, 9:33:59 AM2/14/12
In article <jupkj79qu0tfjf8do...@4ax.com>,
GreyCloud doesn't need to prove anything about you. You prove it
yourself in nearly every post you make.

Cursing and name calling are your forte`, with no actual content
otherwise.

Oh yeah and your usual BS with starting new threads that are nothing but
copy-paste of old posts with new names and then swearing you didn't read
the post copied.

quite childish.

chrisv

Feb 14, 2012, 9:45:08 AM2/14/12
Lloyd wrote:

>GreyCloud doesn't need to prove anything about you.

He can't prove any of his filthy lies about me, actually.

>You prove it yourself in nearly every post you make.

What I prove in nearly every post I make is that I treat respectable
with respect, and I treat shit like shit. I despise liars like you
and "GreyCloud".

I respected all the mentioned advocates, some of them very much, and
would never have treated them badly. Although Kent could be an idiot
and pissed me off once or twice.

>Cursing and name calling are your forte`, with no actual content
>otherwise.

"No actual contect otherwise", huh? Yet another lie from you.

Are you capable of posting without lying, "Lloyd".

Quite childish.

*plonk* 2 days.

Lloyd

Feb 14, 2012, 9:48:43 AM2/14/12
In article <lhskj7502tocqj8qb...@4ax.com>,
Plonk my ass! You'll read every post I bother to do.
It is loading more messages.