Microsoft Munchkins Go Insane

Roy Schestowitz

Aug 17, 2010, 3:11:05 PM8/17/10

Big Steel Shoe Kicker

Aug 17, 2010, 3:21:35 PM8/17/10

LOL! It's a cameo appearance from the Posting Madd Bomber Roy
Schestowitz. I knew this clown couldn't stay gone for long. He must have
just been released from jail. He misses his lapdogs, mainly 'Sugar
Britches" Chris Ahsltrom, and he needs his hand licked.

LOL! LOL! LOL! This NG is a mess! :)

Hadron

Aug 17, 2010, 3:25:25 PM8/17/10
Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft Munchkins would lose interest.
> Instead they decided to trash COLA with endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could
> possibly out some of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer at Manchester). Last month
> I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should I resume at
> this pace?

Thank God you're back. Liarsuck has been out of sorts without you to suck
up to.

Since you left there have been some newer posts from the Ubuntu group
for example - probably because your spam didn't scare them away.

Your tainted news and lopsided and biased "reporting" has not been
missed by many. So don't bother.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Big Steel Shoe Kicker

Aug 17, 2010, 3:40:36 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 3:26 PM, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:11:05 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft Munchkins would lose interest.
>> Instead they decided to trash COLA with endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could
>> possibly out some of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
>> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer at Manchester). Last month
>> I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should I resume at this pace?
>
> Why don't you try getting a job?

LOL, like he was going to influence anything. He's not the only COLA
lunatic here seeking attention, and Roy is really unimportant. Didn't I
kind of mention that he was going to show? He really has a big head and
thinks he is some kind of a gift to a NG. Little does he know that he is
viewed as a plague by most of his own people.

They need to go on the attack and take him out the revolution they keep
whining about! :)

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 17, 2010, 3:45:32 PM8/17/10
Roy Schestowitz posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA with
> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly out some
> of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer
> at Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading once in a
> couple of days. Should I resume at this pace?

It's your choice, not ours. I would personally prefer to see much fewer
articles with content that might promote an actual conversation.
(which, of course, the Three Stooges and their little lap dog will try to
derail).

But whatever. Anything positive is better than the current
trollapalooza.

--
IOT trap -- core dumped

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hadron

Aug 17, 2010, 3:53:41 PM8/17/10
Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_g...@hooya.com> writes:

> 34 minutes for Liarmutt to appear barking and sucking up to his master
> Roy.
>
> What took you so long Liarmutt?
>
> Were you out for a walk with your new master 7.

*chuckle*

He was trying to cosy up to Koehlmann for a while there describing Peter
as a world class C programmer .. but I think even Peter was nauseated
and slapped Liarmutt's probing muzzle away.

Hadron

Aug 17, 2010, 3:58:37 PM8/17/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
>> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA with
>> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly out some
>> of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
>> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer
>> at Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading once in a
>> couple of days. Should I resume at this pace?
>
> It's your choice, not ours. I would personally prefer to see much fewer
> articles with content that might promote an actual conversation.

Well, few if any of Roy's promote conversation (other than your shilling
suck up responses like "Nice post Roy") so you won't be
disappointed. Whoops! I don't think you meant to say that ....

> (which, of course, the Three Stooges and their little lap dog will try to
> derail).

Oh look! Liarmutt has taken to using his nickname against others hoping
to bury history again! Sweet!

> But whatever. Anything positive is better than the current
> trollapalooza.

And yet it was you changing subject lines and sucking up to 7 and
chrisv. Strange eh? You are far and away the biggest troll in this NG.

Homer

Aug 17, 2010, 4:16:21 PM8/17/10

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA
> with endless personal attacks

They attacked you most, because you were the most prolific poster.

Now they attack Linønut most, because he's now the most prolific poster.

This pattern of attack is called astroturfing, and the way to counteract
it is by reporting the attackers for Usenet AUP/TOS violations, assuming
their providers honour such things. If not, then the only alternative is
to drown out their astroturfing with even more prolific posting of Linux
advocacy, which is precisely why we need you in COLA, and why the shills
hate you so much.

> and Internet abuse that could possibly out some of them in jail.

Astroturfing is illegal in both the EU and the US:

http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-astroturfing-flogging-and-29-other-dodgy-sales-practices-now-illegal/
http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_center/2009/july/july14b_09.html

> Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should
> I resume at this pace?

No, you should resume at full throttle.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
21:15:56 up 12 days, 22:25, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 17, 2010, 4:58:30 PM8/17/10
Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
>> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA
>> with endless personal attacks
>
> They attacked you most, because you were the most prolific poster.
>

> Now they attack Linųnut most, because he's now the most prolific poster.

You remembered the slash! "Hadron" keeps spelling it as "Liar" :-D

> This pattern of attack is called astroturfing, and the way to counteract
> it is by reporting the attackers for Usenet AUP/TOS violations, assuming
> their providers honour such things. If not, then the only alternative is
> to drown out their astroturfing with even more prolific posting of Linux
> advocacy, which is precisely why we need you in COLA, and why the shills
> hate you so much.
>
>> and Internet abuse that could possibly out some of them in jail.
>
> Astroturfing is illegal in both the EU and the US:
>
> http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-astroturfing-flogging-and-29-other-dodgy-sales-practices-now-illegal/
> http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_center/2009/july/july14b_09.html
>
>> Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should
>> I resume at this pace?
>
> No, you should resume at full throttle.

Why should Roy bear the burden?

--
If it were thought that anything I wrote was influenced by Robert Frost,
I would take that particular work of mine, shred it, and flush it down

Big Steel Shoe Kicker

Aug 17, 2010, 5:50:10 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 3:49 PM, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:45:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
> <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>
> 34 minutes for Liarmutt to appear barking and sucking up to his master
> Roy.
>
> What took you so long Liarmutt?
>
> Were you out for a walk with your new master 7.

<VBG>! His new master 7? I missed all of this. :) However, 'Sugar
Britches' Chris Ahlstrom can handle two masters - one in the front and
back. Both 7 and Roy Schestowitz are insane freaky deakies.

Big Steel Shoe Kicker

Aug 17, 2010, 5:56:29 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 4:16 PM, Homer wrote:
>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
>> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA
>> with endless personal attacks
>
> They attacked you most, because you were the most prolific poster.
>
> Now they attack Linønut most, because he's now the most prolific poster.
>
> This pattern of attack is called astroturfing, and the way to counteract
> it is by reporting the attackers for Usenet AUP/TOS violations, assuming
> their providers honour such things. If not, then the only alternative is
> to drown out their astroturfing with even more prolific posting of Linux
> advocacy, which is precisely why we need you in COLA, and why the shills
> hate you so much.
>
>> and Internet abuse that could possibly out some of them in jail.
>
> Astroturfing is illegal in both the EU and the US:
>
> http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-astroturfing-flogging-and-29-other-dodgy-sales-practices-now-illegal/
> http://www.oag.state.ny.us/media_center/2009/july/july14b_09.html
>
>> Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should
>> I resume at this pace?
>
> No, you should resume at full throttle.

Someone get him! Homer the clown should be strangled telling the Posting
Madd Bomber Roy Schestowitz to resume the bombing.

Big Steel Shoe Kicker

Aug 17, 2010, 6:04:23 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 4:58 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Why should Roy bear the burden?

Tell old Pharaoh let the people goooooooooooooo.

7

Aug 17, 2010, 6:57:25 PM8/17/10
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> Munchkins would lose interest.

So much of Linux just works its hard to get debate going.

> Instead they decided to trash COLA with
> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly out some
> of them in jail.

Any material that originated in EU would lead to prosecution.
Its the material authorized by big corporations in USA
(and I'm thinking of micosahft munchkins and appil fan maids)
that are the problem. The laws in asstroturfing
and trolling are very retarded.

> Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer at
> Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of
> days. Should I resume at this pace?

Pacing yourself with a couple a day will keep the debate going.
Swamping in big bursts kills debate as threads get shuffled about.
Its not like a doofi spew burst that can be ignored with simple
kill file. You want to get discussion going by pacing the information.

Hadron

Aug 17, 2010, 7:03:33 PM8/17/10
7 <website_...@www.enemygadgets.com> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
>> Munchkins would lose interest.
>
> So much of Linux just works its hard to get debate going.
>
>> Instead they decided to trash COLA with
>> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly out some
>> of them in jail.
>
> Any material that originated in EU would lead to prosecution.
> Its the material authorized by big corporations in USA
> (and I'm thinking of micosahft munchkins and appil fan maids)
> that are the problem. The laws in asstroturfing
> and trolling are very retarded.

But the laws against claiming to be "European Inventor Of The Year"
while soliciting funds for a non existent technology is very clear.

Were you aware of that?

>> Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
>> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer at
>> Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of
>> days. Should I resume at this pace?
>
> Pacing yourself with a couple a day will keep the debate going.
> Swamping in big bursts kills debate as threads get shuffled about.
> Its not like a doofi spew burst that can be ignored with simple
> kill file. You want to get discussion going by pacing the information.

The only "debate" is when people prove Roy is a lying fraud and then
those people getting accused of stalking the Spam machine.

nessuno

Aug 17, 2010, 7:09:02 PM8/17/10
On Aug 17, 1:58 pm, Chris Ahlstrom <ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
> Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
> > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
> >> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> >> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA
> >> with endless personal attacks
>
> > They attacked you most, because you were the most prolific poster.
>
> > Now they attack Linønut most, because he's now the most prolific poster.

> You remembered the slash!  "Hadron" keeps spelling it as "Liar" :-D

Homer is cool.

Hadron

Aug 17, 2010, 7:19:31 PM8/17/10
nessuno <nessu...@gmail.com> writes:

No I dont. I spell it "Why do you lie so much Liarsuck".

> Homer is cool.

Homer is a paranoid lunatic.

Ask him where his GPL3 Linux distro is. Or when he's going to open that
Linux only coffee/internet shop.

In short : he's a gobby moron who contributes nothing to FOSS.

Homer

Aug 17, 2010, 8:45:58 PM8/17/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

> Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>> Now they attack Linønut most, because he's now the most prolific

>> poster.
>
> You remembered the slash! "Hadron" keeps spelling it as "Liar" :-D

I have a very long memory, as you've noted before. :)

For example, despite Microsoft hoping the passage of time would cause
people to forget about the very mysterious firing of their CIO Stuart
Scott, I haven't:

[quote]
On the other hand, CIOs are not only in charge of ensuring that key IT
systems stay up all of the time; they also have access to many of a
company's deepest secrets.
[/quote]

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9045958/Questions_abound_on_firing_of_Microsoft_s_CIO

What dark secret did Stuart Scott uncover, I wonder?

I also remember Microsoft snubbing the Amiga platform when they released
"Microsoft Write" (based on an early version of "Microsoft Word") on the
MC68K architecture, but /only/ for the Atari ST platform, stating as the
reason a supposed "lack of demand", despite the Amiga 500 being an order
of magnitude more popular.

I think most of the Microsoft "boosters" (to use ZnU's terminology) here
in COLA think my antipathy towards Microsoft manifested /purely/ because
of my interest in GNU/Linux and Free Software, but the fact is I've been
opposed to them since /long/ before anyone had even heard of Linux. With
very good reason too, since the Vole has been cutting boiler room deals,
monopolising the market, and excluding competition since long before the
emergence of Linux. Just ask any ex-OS/2 Warp user.

>>> Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of days.
>>> Should I resume at this pace?
>>
>> No, you should resume at full throttle.
>
> Why should Roy bear the burden?

Because he can.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

01:45:37 up 13 days, 2:55, 0 users, load average: 0.04, 0.02, 0.00

DFS

Aug 17, 2010, 8:58:39 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 7:09 PM, nessuno wrote:
> On Aug 17, 1:58 pm, Chris Ahlstrom<ahlstr...@launchmodem.com> wrote:
>> Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

>>> They attacked you most, because you were the most prolific poster.
>>
>>> Now they attack Linųnut most, because he's now the most prolific poster.

>> You remembered the slash! "Hadron" keeps spelling it as "Liar" :-D
>
> Homer is cool.

Homer is a frothing, paranoid piece of crap hypocrite and liar.

Those are the facts.

DFS

Aug 17, 2010, 9:14:37 PM8/17/10
On 8/17/2010 8:45 PM, Homer wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:
>> Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>>> Now they attack Linønut most, because he's now the most prolific
>>> poster.
>>
>> You remembered the slash! "Hadron" keeps spelling it as "Liar" :-D
>
> I have a very long memory, as you've noted before. :)
>
> For example, despite Microsoft hoping the passage of time would cause
> people to forget about the very mysterious firing of their CIO Stuart
> Scott, I haven't:
>
> [quote]
> On the other hand, CIOs are not only in charge of ensuring that key IT
> systems stay up all of the time; they also have access to many of a
> company's deepest secrets.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9045958/Questions_abound_on_firing_of_Microsoft_s_CIO
>
> What dark secret did Stuart Scott uncover, I wonder?

None of course, you paranoid, lying piece of crap:

http://www.pollsb.com/polls/p3617-microsoft_fires_cio_stuart_scott_possibly_inter_office

> I also remember Microsoft snubbing the Amiga platform when they released
> "Microsoft Write" (based on an early version of "Microsoft Word") on the
> MC68K architecture, but /only/ for the Atari ST platform, stating as the
> reason a supposed "lack of demand", despite the Amiga 500 being an order
> of magnitude more popular.

So? It's their product to do what they want with. Why don't you port
your open source crapware to Windows, you anti-competitive gangster and
racketeer?

> I think most of the Microsoft "boosters" (to use ZnU's terminology) here
> in COLA think my antipathy towards Microsoft manifested /purely/ because
> of my interest in GNU/Linux and Free Software, but the fact is I've been
> opposed to them since /long/ before anyone had even heard of Linux. With
> very good reason too, since the Vole has been cutting boiler room deals,
> monopolising the market, and excluding competition since long before the
> emergence of Linux.

Except for your lie about monopolizing the market: Good! Excellent, in
fact! I would expect nothing less of a successful business.

For instance, it doesn't bother me one bit that Intel paid Dell for chip
exclusivity. There were literally hundreds of other OEMs I could go to
for AMD chips, or I could build my own AMD systems.

>>> No, you should resume at full throttle.
>>
>> Why should Roy bear the burden?
>
> Because he can.

Spamowitz is a moron. He can't back up any of the bullshit and lies he
posts.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Erik_jan

Aug 18, 2010, 2:13:50 AM8/18/10
Roy Schestowitz had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 17-08-10 21:11:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft Munchkins would lose interest.
> Instead they decided to trash COLA with endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could
> possibly out some of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer at Manchester). Last month
> I was posting and reading once in a couple of days. Should I resume at this pace?

Dear Roy,

I do not know about the pace, but truth is that during your holidays
COLA became very boring. It is my policy to killfile anyone that is not
polite to the people he is answering. Most win- and lintrolls have been
killfiled by now and there is very, very little advocacy here. There are
a few people here that try to contribute like Homer, Rex Ballard and a
some others, but the great majority consists of trolls.

I used to follow this NG because here it is easy to follow developments
in the linux world with the help of your contributions. So I hope that
you will continue the good work.

Greetings,

Erik Jan.

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 18, 2010, 6:50:24 AM8/18/10
Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> For example, despite Microsoft hoping the passage of time would cause

> people to forget about the very mysterious firing of their CIO Stuart
> Scott, I haven't:
>
> [quote]
> On the other hand, CIOs are not only in charge of ensuring that key IT
> systems stay up all of the time; they also have access to many of a
> company's deepest secrets.
> [/quote]
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9045958/Questions_abound_on_firing_of_Microsoft_s_CIO
>
> What dark secret did Stuart Scott uncover, I wonder?

http://valleywag.gawker.com/320287/how-microsoft-knifed-its-cio

The latest wrinkle in the firing of Microsoft's CIO? A source close to
Scott now claims that he was indeed on leave at the time of his dismissal
- because of his sister's death. Scott was traveling to her funeral
when the news broke. "Microsoft seems to have arranged the news for
maximum embarrassment and pain for him - it's not so time sensitive
that they can't take more than a month reviewing things, but they have to
leak it when he's got a death in the family?" writes our tipster. If
true, I worry for Microsoft's future. Top managers in Redmond really have
time to plot such elaborate set-piece humiliations of straying
executives? If they put this kind of energy into Web search, Google might
actually be worried.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/346353/microsoft-hires-a-cio-who-stood-up-to-ballmer

At most companies, the post of chief information officer is a humdrum
administrative job, making sure that the servers running the CEO's
BlackBerry don't go down. At Microsoft, add to that this burden: Serving
as a part-time shill for the company's products. If anyone could change
that, it may be Tony Scott, freshly hired as the software company's
fourth CIO in as many years. Scott, Tony, replaces Scott, Stuart, who
left in scandal.

> I also remember Microsoft snubbing the Amiga platform when they released
> "Microsoft Write" (based on an early version of "Microsoft Word") on the
> MC68K architecture, but /only/ for the Atari ST platform, stating as the
> reason a supposed "lack of demand", despite the Amiga 500 being an order
> of magnitude more popular.
>
> I think most of the Microsoft "boosters" (to use ZnU's terminology) here
> in COLA think my antipathy towards Microsoft manifested /purely/ because
> of my interest in GNU/Linux and Free Software, but the fact is I've been
> opposed to them since /long/ before anyone had even heard of Linux. With
> very good reason too, since the Vole has been cutting boiler room deals,
> monopolising the market, and excluding competition since long before the
> emergence of Linux. Just ask any ex-OS/2 Warp user.
>

> | "Ibland recode: Invalid input in step `UTF-8..CHAR'

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 18, 2010, 6:53:22 AM8/18/10
Homer posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

Forgot this quote:

http://valleywag.gawker.com/346353/microsoft-hires-a-cio-who-stood-up-to-ballmer

Ah, but there's the rub. As Microsoft's CIO, Ballmer will control Scott's
budget, not the other way around. And Scott will feel pressured to run an
all-Microsoft shop. Will Scott, with those shackles, be as effective a
force for change within Microsoft as he was on the outside? What I'd like
to see is Scott declare a piece of Microsoft software unfit even for
internal use, and replace it with a better alternative, as so many of
Microsoft's customers have done. But that's unlikely.

Is that what Stuart Scott tried? (Another theory I saw was an extramarital
affair).

The turnover rate in Microsoft CIO's was pretty high, though.

--
In Minnesota they ask why all football fields in Iowa have artificial turf.
It's so the cheerleaders won't graze during the game.

Terry Porter

Aug 18, 2010, 8:05:05 AM8/18/10
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:11:05 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> Munchkins would lose interest.

I think that any *Microsoft* agent provocateurs left a long time ago as
COLA is a long lost battle for them.

The trolls that post here, aren't employed by microsoft (imho), they're
just a mix of loonies, losers, and antisocial misfits.

No one would employ them, not even Microsoft.

> Instead they decided to trash COLA with
> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly out some
> of them in jail.

This is all they ever did, their ravings give away their real mental
state.

> Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and reading COLA,
> just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets boring in summer
> at Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading once in a couple of
> days. Should I resume at this pace?

Just do whatever suits you, ... whatever you like to do. You have only
one short life after all.

From my POV, your [News] posts drowned out the trolls, and gave me a one
stop Linux news shop, free of advertising, and I certainly appreciated it.

I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to (around 300 posts a day
on COLA), because I'm too busy making money using Linux these days, and
Linux provides my *TOTAL* income.

I think you should feel free to do the same thing :)

While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in my
Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh at
their terminal stupidity.

--
This quadcore running Gnu/Linux Archlinux 2009.08 X86_64 and posting via
Pan.

Hadron

Aug 18, 2010, 8:08:58 AM8/18/10
Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> writes:

He is free to do the same. I do it. You should direct your advice at
TomB, Ahlstrom and Koehlmann.

> While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
> Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in
> my

Erm, thats what it DOES support. Whoops. Telnet fucks up AGAIN!

> Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh at
> their terminal stupidity.

No you're not. You sell on wireless routers.

An the main SW you use is Windows SW running on WINE.

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 18, 2010, 8:32:23 AM8/18/10
Terry Porter posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
> Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in my
> Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh at
> their terminal stupidity.

Nice pun!

--
Remembering is for those who have forgotten.
-- Chinese proverb

Hadron

Aug 18, 2010, 9:10:55 AM8/18/10
Chris Ahlstrom <ahls...@launchmodem.com> writes:

> Terry Porter posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
>> Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in my
>> Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh at
>> their terminal stupidity.
>
> Nice pun!

*slurp*

Message has been deleted

DFS

Aug 18, 2010, 2:11:58 PM8/18/10
On 8/18/2010 1:33 PM, wjp wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 20:11:05 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> Hello Roy,
>
> As for me, I truly wish you would resume your "News" items. I've been
> lurking around COLA for over 10 years

huh? 10 years of watching cola "advocates" get their asses handed to
them for lying and silliness? How could you not post any comments (or
did you)?

> and I appreciate the expansion of
> news about FOSS as well as the nefarious doings of MS and other
> proprietary software makers. I normally read those "News" items during
> lunch-time and the past month has been dry indeed - lots of trolls and
> troll-feeding goin' on. To re-iterate -- you HAVE been missed!
>
> And, for those who avidly look at message headers: Yes, I'm posting
> from Windows XP with Forte' Agent as my news program. All of my
> machines are set up to triple boot XP, PCLinuxOS 2010.7 and, last, but
> not least, Windows 98SE (because I still rely on the DOS formatting of
> directory entries for history purposes.)
>
> If you decide not to resume posting, is there a way to easily retrieve
> those "News" items?
>
> I personally want to thank you for your time and effort.

Thank Spamowitz for his lies, too. He spends just as much time making
up twisted lying headers as he does 'manually creating each and every
post by hand'.

> I am slowly
> making the changeover to Linux and it is primarily because of your
> advocacy posts that convinced me to "do the deal".

Is that you, flyer? You were a Win98 user 'slowly moving to Linux' some
3 years ago.

> And, for all the trolls -- here's something to think about, that is, if
> you have any usable brain cells left:
>
> "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
> proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in
> everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to
> investigation."

Boring...zzzzzzzzzzz...

> (Attributed to Herbert Spencer, but there is some question as to his
> authorship. However, regardless of author, the thought remains valid.)
>
> Here's hoping you will continue on with the "News" postings.
>
> Have a peace-filled day,
> Bill P.

Homer

Aug 18, 2010, 2:44:38 PM8/18/10
Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

[snip homogeneity theory]

> Is that what Stuart Scott tried? (Another theory I saw was an
> extramarital affair).

Ha! No, I doubt it. This was some nobody CIO, not Bill Clinton. If every
exec was shit-canned for pumping the receptionist then corporate America
would shut down tomorrow.

> The turnover rate in Microsoft CIO's was pretty high, though.

And Scott's dismissal wasn't just a mysterious link in an equally
mysterious chain of events, it was thoroughly brutal. That isn't
something a company does purely out of necessity. It's spiteful revenge,
and a rather sinister warning.

Stuart Scott either saw something he wasn't supposed to, or refused to
cross the line, and he was punished for it.

Remember that book you jokingly suggested I write?

I just found my central character.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

19:44:16 up 13 days, 20:54, 0 users, load average: 0.03, 0.04, 0.00

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 3:32:38 PM8/18/10
Hadron wrote:

>> Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh at
>> their terminal stupidity.
>
> No you're not. You sell on wireless routers.
>
> An the main SW you use is Windows SW running on WINE.

Oh! So do a lot of wireless routers run Windows S/W under WINE then?
I didn't know that - but one lives and learns?

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 3:37:27 PM8/18/10
DFS wrote:

> For instance, it doesn't bother me one bit that Intel paid Dell for chip
> exclusivity. There were literally hundreds of other OEMs I could go to
> for AMD chips, or I could build my own AMD systems.

I see.....

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 3:40:24 PM8/18/10
DFS wrote:

> Homer is a frothing, paranoid piece of crap hypocrite and liar.
>
> Those are the facts.

I think that the above actually applies best to DFS, hadron and flatfish.
- and that is certainly a fact!

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 3:43:22 PM8/18/10
Hadron wrote:

> Homer is a paranoid lunatic.

The real paranoid lunatics around here are hadron, DFS and flatfish - not
necessarily in that order, but certainly the top three.

By coincidence(?):-

1: Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_g...@hooya.com>................ : 249
2: Hadron<hadro...@gmail.com>............................ : 200
3: DFS <nospam@dfs_.com>.................................... : 168

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 4:07:33 PM8/18/10
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> 34 minutes for Liarmutt to appear barking and sucking up to his master
> Roy.
>
> What took you so long Liarmutt?
>
> Were you out for a walk with your new master 7.

An interesting observation.
If my timings are correct, it took *one* minute for "Big Steel Shoe" to to
appear "sucking up" to flatfish, and *four* minutes for hadron to appear
"sucking up" to flatfish....

What happened to DFS? Has he gone to sleep?

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 18, 2010, 4:37:31 PM8/18/10
bbgruff posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> 34 minutes for Liarmutt to appear barking and sucking up to his master
>> Roy.
>>
>> What took you so long Liarmutt?
>>
>> Were you out for a walk with your new master 7.

I think "Moshe" is jealous of Roy.

I note that "Moshe" seems to believe anyone to whom I respond positively is
my "master". Crazy.

Is that how the thinking of Microsoft Munchkins works?

> An interesting observation.
> If my timings are correct, it took *one* minute for "Big Steel Shoe" to to
> appear "sucking up" to flatfish, and *four* minutes for hadron to appear
> "sucking up" to flatfish....

flatfish is their "master"!

> What happened to DFS? Has he gone to sleep?

Sterno will do that to ya.

--
Sometimes a man will tell his bartender things he'll never tell his doctor.
-- Dr. Phillip Boyce, "The Menagerie" ("The Cage"),

chrisv

Aug 18, 2010, 4:38:24 PM8/18/10
bbgruff wrote:

>An interesting observation.
>If my timings are correct, it took *one* minute for "Big Steel Shoe" to to
>appear "sucking up" to flatfish, and *four* minutes for hadron to appear
>"sucking up" to flatfish....

The Wintrolls are hypocrites.

They're probably pissing themselves in joy at Roy's return. :-D

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 4:55:31 PM8/18/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> bbgruff posted this message in ROT13 encoding:
>
>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>>
>>> 34 minutes for Liarmutt to appear barking and sucking up to his master
>>> Roy.
>>>
>>> What took you so long Liarmutt?
>>>
>>> Were you out for a walk with your new master 7.
>
> I think "Moshe" is jealous of Roy.
>
> I note that "Moshe" seems to believe anyone to whom I respond positively
> is
> my "master". Crazy.
>
> Is that how the thinking of Microsoft Munchkins works?
>
>> An interesting observation.
>> If my timings are correct, it took *one* minute for "Big Steel Shoe" to
>> to appear "sucking up" to flatfish, and *four* minutes for hadron to
>> appear "sucking up" to flatfish....
>
> flatfish is their "master"!

"Role Model"? :-)

In fact I was wrong - it took BSS 2 hours 1 minute to suck-up to flatfish,
not one minute. I don't know how badly that will affect his annual
assessment and pay revue!

>> What happened to DFS? Has he gone to sleep?
>
> Sterno will do that to ya.

It's time somebody or something did *something* to him.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Homer

Aug 18, 2010, 5:27:05 PM8/18/10
Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:

Libertarians also believe blackmail is morally justified, apparently.

Expecting any kind of sense from morally inverted thugs like DooFy is
utterly pointless.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

22:26:44 up 13 days, 23:36, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.05

bbgruff

Aug 18, 2010, 5:37:35 PM8/18/10
Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

> I do admire Roy though for attaining an advanced degree at his age and
> in a very complex field.
>
> He is a very intelligent person which is why I am baffled as to why he
> wastes his time with Linux advocacy, 24x7.

Message has been deleted

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 18, 2010, 5:58:40 PM8/18/10
Moshe Goldfarb posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

No one cares about your opinions, whether good, bad, or indifferent.

And it is all your own damn fault.

--
Captain's Log, star date 21:34.5...

Message has been deleted

bugs

Aug 18, 2010, 8:18:25 PM8/18/10
bbgruff wrote:

> Oh! So do a lot of wireless routers run Windows S/W under WINE then?

Show us your extensive list of routers/gateways running Linux.

High Plains Thumper

Aug 18, 2010, 8:53:40 PM8/18/10
Terry Porter wrote:

> While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
> Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in
> my Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good
> laugh at their terminal stupidity.

The silly thing is there are solutions to be able to support that belt
fed EBCDIC printer. And we can do it in Linux as well as other operating
systems.

A little hardware engineering is in order. An old hardware engineer's
trick is to burn an EPROM that using ASCII print codes to address lines
will make available the equivalent in EBCDIC available at the data
lines. Latch the data until read by the printer. We have print out.

However with the source for the generic print driver we can dispense
with an EPROM and build a little lookup table that will reference the
appropriate ASCII and output the EBCDIC code.

Of course if the printer is using a 20 mA current loop, then we'll need
to build a serial to 20 mA interface.

Since printers nowadays are relatively cheap and Linux supports many
printers, there is little need to roll one's own interfaces. However,
it was fun back in those days.

Regarding the Audi, I still have my 1971 Honda CB100 and my 1987 Suzuki
LS650 Savage. We could probably show that Centronics EBCDIC line
printer next to the Honda, and it would be appropriate.

--
HPT

Terry Porter

Aug 19, 2010, 12:32:50 AM8/19/10
On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:53:40 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Terry Porter wrote:
>
>> While the trolls shriek and moan that Linux won't support their 1964
>> Centronix belt fed, punched form feed EBCDIC printer, I'm driving in my
>> Audi quattro, paid for by my Linux business, having a jolly good laugh
>> at their terminal stupidity.
>
> The silly thing is there are solutions to be able to support that belt
> fed EBCDIC printer. And we can do it in Linux as well as other operating
> systems.
>
> A little hardware engineering is in order. An old hardware engineer's
> trick is to burn an EPROM that using ASCII print codes to address lines
> will make available the equivalent in EBCDIC available at the data
> lines. Latch the data until read by the printer. We have print out.
>
> However with the source for the generic print driver we can dispense
> with an EPROM and build a little lookup table that will reference the
> appropriate ASCII and output the EBCDIC code.
>
> Of course if the printer is using a 20 mA current loop, then we'll need
> to build a serial to 20 mA interface.
>
> Since printers nowadays are relatively cheap and Linux supports many
> printers, there is little need to roll one's own interfaces. However,
> it was fun back in those days.

I'm certain you could make one work under Linux, as could I, if I needed
to.
But as Linux provides a very nice income for me, if I needed a new
printer, I'd just buy something brand new, probably HP (current printers
= 3x HP4100 lasers)

> Regarding the Audi, I still have my 1971 Honda CB100 and my 1987 Suzuki
> LS650 Savage. We could probably show that Centronics EBCDIC line
> printer next to the Honda, and it would be appropriate.

Old stuff is good stuff thesedays :)

I still have my 1994 Honda CBRR 900, and my 1994 Honda 1100cc Pan
European. I guess I like vehicles from 1994 for some reason.

Big Steel

Aug 19, 2010, 12:52:57 AM8/19/10
On 8/19/2010 12:32 AM, Terry Porter wrote:

> But as Linux provides a very nice income for me

Ooo! Ooo! Me too me too! M$ provides a very nice income for me too!
Hey, look around in the NG Australia's Captain Kangaroo, and you'll see
that M$ is providing a nice income for a lot of the Linux fan-boys too!

DFS

Aug 19, 2010, 1:54:06 AM8/19/10
On 8/19/2010 12:32 AM, Terry Porter wrote:

> But as Linux provides a very nice income for me,

How so? All your customers are Windows users.

Drop Linux from the equation and you could make a living with Windows
selling non-Linux routers and hardware to the same Windows users.

Drop Windows from the equation and you couldn't make a living selling
Linux routers to Linux users.

Ouch!

Gregory Shearman

Aug 19, 2010, 3:13:14 AM8/19/10

I've still got my Blue 1981 Honda CX500. Do I win? The Shadow is covered
in dust at the moment.... when summer comes though...

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 19, 2010, 7:09:31 AM8/19/10
bugs posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> bbgruff wrote:
>
>> Oh! So do a lot of wireless routers run Windows S/W under WINE then?
>
> Show us your extensive list of routers/gateways running Linux.

Who cares?

I wonder if this went anywhere:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10370165-16.html

In what might have looked like a publicity stunt around a $100,000 prize
for Linux developers, Cisco's Linux development contest was actually a
major clue as to just how serious it is about becoming a leading server
vendor with a global development community--and soon.

Today, Cisco announced the winners of its "Think Inside the Box" contest.
The three winning applications are very interesting, but the bigger story
here is what Cisco's contest just demonstrated:

Most of Cisco's 7 million installed Integrated Services Routers (ISRs)
are now servers, for all intents and purposes.

Or this:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/ciscos-second-tablet-runs-linux-manages-home-energy-use/

Cisco's second tablet runs Linux, manages home energy use

Looks like the Android-toting Cius wasn't the only tablet out of Cisco
this week -- the company's also announced a countertop unit for home
energy management with a 7-inch, 800 x 480 capacitive touch screen.
Running Ubuntu Linux for MID on a 1.1GHz Intel Atom chip, the Home Energy
Controller connects to smart thermostats and appliances over 802.11n WiFi
or gigabit ethernet using protocols including ZigBee.

--
Say many of cameras focused t'us,
Our middle-aged shots do us justice.

chrisv

Aug 19, 2010, 9:55:06 AM8/19/10
Homer wrote:

>Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> For instance, it doesn't bother me one bit that Intel paid Dell for
>>> chip exclusivity. There were literally hundreds of other OEMs I
>>> could go to for AMD chips, or I could build my own AMD systems.
>>
>> I see.....
>
>Libertarians also believe blackmail is morally justified, apparently.
>
>Expecting any kind of sense from morally inverted thugs like DooFy is
>utterly pointless.

It's just sort of mind-boggling that a company like Intel, already
doing so well, making so much money, dominating their market, feels
the need to put the screws to its much-smaller competitor in such
"questionable" ways.

Hadron

Aug 19, 2010, 11:02:35 AM8/19/10
bbgruff <bbg...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

What are you talking about?

What part of "the main SW you use" confuses you? Clearly I wasnt talking
about the SW in his embedded router boards.

chrisv

Aug 19, 2010, 11:14:14 AM8/19/10
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/ciscos-second-tablet-runs-linux-manages-home-energy-use/
>
> Cisco's second tablet runs Linux, manages home energy use
>
> Looks like the Android-toting Cius wasn't the only tablet out of Cisco
> this week -- the company's also announced a countertop unit for home
> energy management with a 7-inch, 800 x 480 capacitive touch screen.
> Running Ubuntu Linux for MID on a 1.1GHz Intel Atom chip, the Home Energy
> Controller connects to smart thermostats and appliances over 802.11n WiFi
> or gigabit ethernet using protocols including ZigBee.

Cool.

Poor Micro$oft. So many companies going with Linux instead of their
proprietary crapware...

--
"About 8 people use Mepis." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

Homer

Aug 19, 2010, 3:55:39 PM8/19/10
Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

> It's just sort of mind-boggling that a company like Intel, already
> doing so well, making so much money, dominating their market, feels
> the need to put the screws to its much-smaller competitor in such
> "questionable" ways.

Maintaining a monopoly is certainly a lot of "hard work" - sort of like
the "hard work" Al Capone used to do, and which made him admired by the
same sort of people who now admire Intel and Microsoft for monopolising
/their/ respective markets. Others, like the victims, the DOJ, the SEC,
the FTC, and the EU Commission, are rather less enthusiastic.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

20:54:44 up 14 days, 22:04, 0 users, load average: 0.05, 0.03, 0.00

Ed

Aug 19, 2010, 4:31:56 PM8/19/10

Ed

Aug 19, 2010, 4:33:51 PM8/19/10

On 2010-08-17, Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> wrote:

> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA
> with endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could possibly
> out some of them in jail. Anyway, I've been reading Linux news and
> reading COLA, just not posting here. Maybe I'll resume soon (it gets
> boring in summer at Manchester). Last month I was posting and reading
> once in a couple of days. Should I resume at this pace?

Roy, I've really missed your posts.

I hope you enjoyed your break.

- --
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkxtlSMACgkQ4dyr7s6PRYhwkwCeLuL4q7yT1nllKwT72nT/fT4K
oikAoItL2UPr5KohKtoftT+Kfux6Qruq
=nKh/

chrisv

Aug 19, 2010, 4:38:16 PM8/19/10
Homer wrote:

>Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:
>>
>> It's just sort of mind-boggling that a company like Intel, already
>> doing so well, making so much money, dominating their market, feels
>> the need to put the screws to its much-smaller competitor in such
>> "questionable" ways.
>
>Maintaining a monopoly is certainly a lot of "hard work" - sort of like
>the "hard work" Al Capone used to do, and which made him admired by the
>same sort of people who now admire Intel and Microsoft for monopolising
>/their/ respective markets. Others, like the victims, the DOJ, the SEC,
>the FTC, and the EU Commission, are rather less enthusiastic.

Of course, if Intel had been able to use their enormous wealth (and
back-door deals) to drive AMD out of the market, Intel fanbois would
be crowing about how people "chose" Intel, and that the disappearance
of AMD products was the result of a product that "didn't sell" or
"people didn't like" or "had something wrong with it" or, perhaps,
"confused with too much choice".

--
"MS is installed for a reason : people wanted it." - "True Linux
advocate" Hadron Quark

Chris Ahlstrom

Aug 19, 2010, 5:06:29 PM8/19/10
Hadron posted this message in ROT13 encoding:

> Roy Schestowitz <newsg...@schestowitz.com> writes:
>
>> A month ago I took a break from COLA hoping to see that the Microsoft
>> Munchkins would lose interest. Instead they decided to trash COLA with
>> endless personal attacks and Internet abuse that could
>> possibly out some of them in jail.
>

> <Happy greeting snipped>

False hope, Roy, false hope.

These fellows are nuts. They'll never stop with the shit.

--
Post office will not deliver without proper postage.

Homer

Aug 19, 2010, 5:58:21 PM8/19/10
Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

> Of course, if Intel had been able to use their enormous wealth (and

> back-door deals) to drive AMD out of the market, Intel fanbois would
> be crowing about how people "chose" Intel, and that the disappearance
> of AMD products was the result of a product that "didn't sell" or
> "people didn't like" or "had something wrong with it" or, perhaps,
> "confused with too much choice".

It really wouldn't surprise me if the anti-choice brigade really /did/
think having only *two* desktop CPU manufacturers was "too much choice".

"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer"
("One People, One Empire, One Leader")
~ Nazi Party slogan.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Ibland är jag själva hindret. Oftare länken."
|("Sometimes I am the obstacle. More often the link.")
| ~ Ibi "Kopimi" Botani, Piratbyrån co-founder.
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5

22:57:58 up 15 days, 7 min, 1 user, load average: 1.02, 1.02, 0.82

DFS

Aug 19, 2010, 6:49:11 PM8/19/10

Don't you dare besmirch the good name of AMD products by likening them
to hobby-college-level, open source, 500+ distros, Linux crapware.

Hadron

Aug 19, 2010, 7:07:43 PM8/19/10
Terry Porter <lin...@netspace.net.au> writes:

Q : has Terry "Telnet" Porter bragged about his huge Linux based income
(he is a liar - there is next to no money in reselling Linx routers)
more often than Raytard bored us with his 7 station Ubuntu installation
at the local library.

Message has been deleted

High Plains Thumper

Aug 19, 2010, 10:55:09 PM8/19/10
Gregory Shearman wrote:
> Terry Porter wrote:

>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>>
>>> Regarding the Audi, I still have my 1971 Honda CB100 and my 1987
>>> Suzuki LS650 Savage. We could probably show that Centronics
>>> EBCDIC line printer next to the Honda, and it would be
>>> appropriate.
>>
>> Old stuff is good stuff thesedays :)
>>
>> I still have my 1994 Honda CBRR 900, and my 1994 Honda 1100cc Pan
>> European. I guess I like vehicles from 1994 for some reason.
>
> I've still got my Blue 1981 Honda CX500. Do I win? The Shadow is
> covered in dust at the moment.... when summer comes though...

The CX500 was a nifty bike, ahead of its time with water cooling and
V-twin, albeit crankshaft was in-line with the bike. I think they
attempted to bring back the concept in the N700, a mid size dressed out
bike.

--
HPT

Message has been deleted

Hadron

Aug 19, 2010, 11:12:14 PM8/19/10
Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_g...@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:55:09 -0600, High Plains Thumper
> <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>The CX500 was a nifty bike, ahead of its time with water cooling and
>>V-twin, albeit crankshaft was in-line with the bike. I think they
>>attempted to bring back the concept in the N700, a mid size dressed out
>>bike.
>

> You need a bigger bike HPT.
> You're quite the chunk.....
>
> http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/rides/nart/nart04.jpg

There is no way in hell I am visiting a site called "bikes and
spikes". Is that where morons from the motorbike group post stuff? One
of them was strutting around threatening to "bust a cap" into peoples
arses a while back. What sort of cap I wonder? Amyl Nitrate or something?
All very, very strange.

Wasn't the fat kid from The Goonies called "chunk" or something?

Message has been deleted

Gregory Shearman

Aug 20, 2010, 4:23:12 AM8/20/10

Yeah, ahead of its time with its CDI ignition system too. It can be real
pain in the arse.

High Plains Thumper

Aug 20, 2010, 5:28:36 AM8/20/10
Gregory Shearman wrote:
> High Plains Thumper wrote:
>> Gregory Shearman wrote:
>>
>> The CX500 was a nifty bike, ahead of its time with water cooling
>> and V-twin, albeit crankshaft was in-line with the bike. I think
>> they attempted to bring back the concept in the N700, a mid size
>> dressed out bike.
>
> Yeah, ahead of its time with its CDI ignition system too. It can be
> real pain in the arse.

How's that?

--
HPT

Gregory Shearman

Aug 20, 2010, 6:26:38 AM8/20/10
On 2010-08-20, High Plains Thumper <h...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

Stator coil failure. It took me a long time to find out why my bike was
missing sometimes when opening the throttle. I got new ignition coils, I
pulled the carbs down.. eventually tracked to coils on the alternator
stator that provide the timing to the ignition coils. There's one for
low RPM and another for high RPM. The problem coil was the high RPM
coil. The motor has to be pulled out to replace the coil and the coil
has to be rewound.

One Shot, One Kill

Aug 20, 2010, 8:59:49 AM8/20/10

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a fscking piece of shit.