[News] [Rival] Brad Smith, Bill Gates, and Steve Ballmer Lobby Washington for Self Interest

2 views
Skip to first unread message

Roy Schestowitz

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 2:28:49 AM6/16/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html

Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/06/09/bill-gates-us-must-expand-energy-research/

Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on policy

http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3

Ballmer also went for 'piracy'.... as for Bill Gates, he has patents with Nathan the troll...
wanting his government to fund it.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkwYbyIACgkQU4xAY3RXLo69mwCfdKzNQouzA8obkR0/mZ/yFvHE
6+QAoKeGqGPu05QfeariaASdNwIjeS2x
=9l3Z
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 6:42:16 AM6/16/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html
>
> Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research
>
> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/06/09/bill-gates-us-must-expand-energy-research/
>
> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on policy
>
> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>
> Ballmer also went for 'piracy'.... as for Bill Gates, he has patents with Nathan the troll...
> wanting his government to fund it.

Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
interest of the majority.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwYqoAACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD77wwCdFaoXZQXW5lJwACyq2jSspE2O
BNUAmQE1av0BqL71fXnFAWzdLYus3XaP
=Ul0w
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 6:52:10 AM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org...


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars
>>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html
>>
>> Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research
>>
>> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/06/09/bill-gates-us-must-expand-energy-research/
>>
>> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on policy
>>
>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>>
>> Ballmer also went for 'piracy'.... as for Bill Gates, he has patents with
>> Nathan the troll...
>> wanting his government to fund it.
>
> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
> interest of the majority.

-- Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars
-- Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research

Investing in alternative energy research is just so evil. It is obviously

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 8:26:16 AM6/16/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

The question that then has to be put is; Who will own the new energy
technologies that the taxpayer is being asked to paid for? It probably
won't be the taxpayer.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwYwt8ACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD5ljgCeL0iAPh/NfI6ctLeRqJkuL7gl
OosAn3sU31PIRlA4OIWaTXsyRXiS2gP5
=bLsE
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:26:03 AM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c18c2ef$1...@news.x-privat.org...

It's not that difficult of a question - simply look at how it's generally
been done in the past.

Most of the research and development of the technology is going to be
private - the govt. grants money to companies which do most of the work. The
govt does not pay for 100% of the cost but rather subsidizes what the
companies are investing themselves.

In return the govt gets free unrestricted access to the technology that gets
developed. The govt does some research on it's own to further develop the
technology for specific govt applications (space exploration, military,
etc.)

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 10:35:30 AM6/16/10
to

This is exactly the point that I was making. Gates and Co. are lobbying
government, hence the taxpayers, to finance development of new energy
technologies, which will belong to the companies doing the development.
The companies will then charge the taxpayers to use the technology.

If the taxpayers are paying for the technology, they should also own it,
hence the technology should go into public domain, so that those who
paid for the technology also get to use it for free. We all know that
that won't happen.

These people are lobbying the government in their own self interest,
which comes back to my original statement: Politics is about pushing the


agenda of a minority against the best interest of the majority.

Ian


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwY4SkACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD736gCfRT37u7LYErMbIWOnsTMj7++R
9i8An0ha+6O8u9MAQaC5cYQoZUa0uXwz
=ZRwW
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 10:48:05 AM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c18e138$1...@news.x-privat.org...

For starters "Gates and Co" are very unlikely to own any of this renewable
energy technology. Last I checked he once ran a software company, not a
energy company.


> If the taxpayers are paying for the technology, they should also own it,
> hence the technology should go into public domain,

When it's your turn to run the world you can do things your way. But given
that these companies are putting Billions of their own dollars into this
they expect to get something in return for their risk.


> so that those who
> paid for the technology also get to use it for free. We all know that
> that won't happen.

Ah yes... these companies risk billions of their own dollars developing the
technology and IF they succeed - they should give it all away free.

Yes, taxpayers did pay for a portion of this but we didn't pay for ALL of
it.

> These people are lobbying the government in their own self interest,

Because "Gates and Co." run energy companies that will profit from this?

> which comes back to my original statement: Politics is about pushing the
> agenda of a minority against the best interest of the majority.

It's in the interest of EVERYONE to have clean sustainable energy.


Phil Da Lick!

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:41:40 AM6/16/10
to
Ian Hilliard wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars
>>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html
>>
>> Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research
>>
>> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/06/09/bill-gates-us-must-expand-energy-research/
>>
>> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on policy
>>
>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>>
>> Ballmer also went for 'piracy'.... as for Bill Gates, he has patents with Nathan the troll...
>> wanting his government to fund it.
>
> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
> interest of the majority.


Politics is more about getting yourself into a position of power so you
can allow special interest groups to push a minority agenda against the
interest of the majority in return for a nice doggy drop or cushy number
when you leave office.

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 11:56:00 AM6/16/10
to

Gates now runs an investment company in the guise of a charity.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwY9AcACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD6L4QCeMpuX5pBceYDzH1CcftQ+0lsM
hugAn0qf44laLQeOX2+uuuvC+YNQW4F8
=ByM3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Chris Ahlstrom

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 11:57:23 AM6/16/10
to
Ezekiel ululated:

> "Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
> news:4c18e138$1...@news.x-privat.org...
>>>

>> This is exactly the point that I was making. Gates and Co. are lobbying
>> government, hence the taxpayers, to finance development of new energy
>> technologies, which will belong to the companies doing the development.
>> The companies will then charge the taxpayers to use the technology.
>
> For starters "Gates and Co" are very unlikely to own any of this renewable
> energy technology. Last I checked he once ran a software company, not a
> energy company.

Well, maybe the "charitable foundation" he owns now is a good stepping stone
to owning an energy company.

<Note: I am joking.>

>> which comes back to my original statement: Politics is about pushing the
>> agenda of a minority against the best interest of the majority.
>
> It's in the interest of EVERYONE to have clean sustainable energy.

Of course, though, the beat goes on... the beat goes on....

--
Garbage In, Gospel Out

Hadron

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 12:05:34 PM6/16/10
to
Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> writes:

Jesus you're a sad packer.

How many people have you paid to be inoculated against small pox or how
many wells have you paid for so people can drink fresh water.

Where the hell do you get off talking such total and utter bollox?

The guy made himself a billionaire, has more than enough and is trying
to make the world a better place with his wealth.

The likes of you and Roy make me want to puke when you start this
libellous drivel.

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 12:09:39 PM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c18f415$1...@news.x-privat.org...

Clearly you can show how he's personally profitting from his charity, can't
you?

Gee... should I believe a world renowned expert on philantropy like you. Or
should I believe what some of the most renowned charities, foundations and
philanthropic groups in the world have to say about this?

These are the questions.....


Moshe

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 12:13:29 PM6/16/10
to
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:57:23 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
wrote:


> Of course, though, the beat goes on... the beat goes on....

"Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da"

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 12:13:17 PM6/16/10
to

"Hadron" <hadro...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:hvasof$9kl$1...@news.eternal-september.org...

Clearly the Gates Foundation was able to even fool Warren Buffett. That
silly old coot donated most of his life's fortune to the Gates Foundation.
If he had only done his homework like Ian and Schestowitz have he would have
known that the money really goes into a secret bank personal bank account
belonging to Gates.

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:24:19 PM6/16/10
to

Of course Gates profits. He profits in the power that all that money in
the Gates Foundation has to throw around. The fact is that the Gates
Foundation only gives the minimum amount of money that it has to to
remain a charity.

If you look closely, the Gates Foundation is investing in a lot of start
up technologies. Unlike the government, Bill Gates is not a silent
investor. Bill Gates is using his money to put himself in the middle of
a number of emerging technologies and by claiming to be a charity, he
does not have to pay tax.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwZCLsACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD4wGwCeNo3eUb7b94KrNNPApTottX66
B28An2fYgu0alApDDvhr8I8TegBc1G0V
=PXSl
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Hadron

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:47:57 PM6/16/10
to
Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> writes:

I think you're projecting on your own desire to hold power. He was / is
the richest man in the world. I somehow think he knows his own power and
doesnt need/want anymore.

> the Gates Foundation has to throw around. The fact is that the Gates
> Foundation only gives the minimum amount of money that it has to to
> remain a charity.

And this is a fact based on what? What the great philanthropy expert and
project manager extraordinaire Ian Hilliard says?

>
> If you look closely, the Gates Foundation is investing in a lot of start
> up technologies. Unlike the government, Bill Gates is not a silent
> investor. Bill Gates is using his money to put himself in the middle of
> a number of emerging technologies and by claiming to be a charity, he
> does not have to pay tax.
>
> Ian

You're a paranoid, dishonest lunatic. You do know that don't you?

How on EARTH does he "claim" to be a charity and not actually BE a
charity when he travels the world determining the worthwhile causes he
donates millions to.

I had had hopes for you. Now I see you really are just a nasty, bitter
and jealous freetard who detests other people success.

You give nothing.

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:49:05 PM6/16/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I have bad news for you. Small Pox is no longer in the wild.

Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates
Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean drinking
water. These organisations do not seek a quid pro quo. They do it out of
goodness.

>
> Where the hell do you get off talking such total and utter bollox?
>

I know, love makes you blind. Still, the item of ones adoration is not
always as we wish to see them.

> The guy made himself a billionaire, has more than enough and is trying
> to make the world a better place with his wealth.
>

Bill Gates made is money by leveraging his control of the OS, handed to
him by IBM, to kill off the competition and take over the markets that
others had created.

Gates is a great strategist. He knew to use his father's legal skills,
his mother's connections and his friend, Steve Balmer's marketing skills
to pitch computing at the masses and then control it. He stopped the PC
manufacturers from being able to compete on anything but price and specs
in order to force the price of hardware down. This meant that more
computers could be sold and Microsoft could sell more software.

Most of all, Bill Gates understood that you can control the end user by
controlling their data. To this day, Microsoft fights against using real
open standards and this relinquishes control of the data.

> The likes of you and Roy make me want to puke when you start this
> libellous drivel.

The statement is in no way libellous. It is simply a statement of fact.
If you would care to look, you would see that I am right. Still, I guess
that you have to be excused. You do seem to be singularly incapable of
seeing the big picture.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwZDogACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD7iXgCdEg7EC+JOgEOHZQJM1/qjSY4B
+BIAn23Vt/IJVLPb5fyWrpWrNiIWBDkQ
=VTJW
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:53:56 PM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c1908c9$1...@news.x-privat.org...

Only gives the "minimum" - your complete lack of proof noted.

During 2007-2008 the foundation donated over $58 Billion dollars. I never
realized that $58 Billion was the "minimum" to be considered a charity.

(From other post)
- "Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates

Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean drinking water."

Are there any other random non-substantiated claims you want to make while
you're at it?

> If you look closely, the Gates Foundation is investing in a lot of start
> up technologies. Unlike the government, Bill Gates is not a silent
> investor. Bill Gates is using his money to put himself in the middle of
> a number of emerging technologies and by claiming to be a charity, he
> does not have to pay tax.

Don't go into accounting. Only in *your* mind someone is "saving" $300
million in taxes by donating $1 Billion dollars. If that was the case why
don't you take out a $1 million dollar loan, donate the money and you'll
come out ahead because of the taxes you won't have to pay.

This is beyond stupid.


Hadron

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 1:54:42 PM6/16/10
to
Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> writes:

Bad example. And trust you to be so pedantic.

> Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates
> Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean drinking
> water. These organisations do not seek a quid pro quo. They do it out of
> goodness.

What are you talking about?

>
>>
>> Where the hell do you get off talking such total and utter bollox?
>>
>
> I know, love makes you blind. Still, the item of ones adoration is not
> always as we wish to see them.

Love? What the fuck are you talking about?

>
>> The guy made himself a billionaire, has more than enough and is trying
>> to make the world a better place with his wealth.
>>
>
> Bill Gates made is money by leveraging his control of the OS, handed to
> him by IBM, to kill off the competition and take over the markets that
> others had created.

You're a sad bitter, hateful man. I feel sorry for you.

>
> Gates is a great strategist. He knew to use his father's legal skills,

Oh FFS.

> his mother's connections and his friend, Steve Balmer's marketing skills
> to pitch computing at the masses and then control it. He stopped the
> PC

You mean like all businesses utilitse skills, friends and contacts?

Why so bitter Ian?

> manufacturers from being able to compete on anything but price and specs
> in order to force the price of hardware down. This meant that more
> computers could be sold and Microsoft could sell more software.

You really are an idiot. Be sure of that.

>
> Most of all, Bill Gates understood that you can control the end user by
> controlling their data. To this day, Microsoft fights against using real
> open standards and this relinquishes control of the data.

How very sad. There are open alternatives. Most data handling SW running on the PC
isnt from MS and if it is they dont "control" anything.

Why so bitter and resentful and dishonest Ian?

>
>> The likes of you and Roy make me want to puke when you start this
>> libellous drivel.
>
> The statement is in no way libellous. It is simply a statement of
> fact.

It is not a fact. You are a paranoid fruit loop.

> If you would care to look, you would see that I am right. Still, I
> guess

You are not right. You're a raving lunatic.

> that you have to be excused. You do seem to be singularly incapable of
> seeing the big picture.

I can see it a lot better than you who is fixated on Gates and his
history.

You're a sad man. You need help.

>
> Ian

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 2:37:12 PM6/16/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hadron wrote:

I say things as they are. You accept the fiction that the rich and
powerful peddle as the truth and rage against the actual truth.

The truth is not always pretty, but by its very nature it is better than
a lie.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwZGc0ACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD6yygCgjHCvItrNpkhEx0UUpqRCdMt/
40EAn0luekGX6W2TrxWMRPY9MQigkk2r
=ztZ3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

High Plains Thumper

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 3:09:05 PM6/16/10
to
Phil Da Lick! wrote:
> Ian Hilliard wrote:

>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on
>>> policy
>>>
>>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>>>
>>> with Nathan the troll... wanting his government to fund it.
>>
>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the
>> best interest of the majority.
>
> Politics is more about getting yourself into a position of power so
> you can allow special interest groups to push a minority agenda
> against the interest of the majority in return for a nice doggy drop
> or cushy number when you leave office.

Trolling in COLA is more about getting the troll's socks into a position
of defence so they can allow off topics to push a lusing agenda against
the interest of the majority for the charter in return for a nice doggy
drop or cushy laptop whilst being unemployed.

--
HPT
http://colatrolls.blogspot.com

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 3:36:40 PM6/16/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c19...@news.x-privat.org...

So in your mind you're some sort of harbinger of truth. You say things as
*you* see them in your mind. There's not evidence at all that this is some
of "truth."


(other post)


> The statement is in no way libellous. It is simply a statement of fact.

A "fact" that you have yet to support in any way, shape or form.


> If you would care to look, you would see that I am right.

Who's anonymous blog should we look at to find this "truth" you speak of -
BoycottNovell?

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 3:53:19 PM6/16/10
to
In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>
> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
> interest of the majority.

Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?

--
--Tim Smith

Hadron

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 3:57:34 PM6/16/10
to
Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:

Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.

Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 3:58:04 PM6/16/10
to
In article <4c18e138$1...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
> These people are lobbying the government in their own self interest,
> which comes back to my original statement: Politics is about pushing the
> agenda of a minority against the best interest of the majority.

Your reasoning is fundamentally flawed. It assumes that the
self-interest of the one doing the lobbying cannot align with the best
interest of the majority.

--
--Tim Smith

Moshe

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 4:16:23 PM6/16/10
to

We should all believe Dr. Schestowitz because he has
friends in high places.....

Moshe

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 4:17:37 PM6/16/10
to

Bang zoom!!!!!!

Ever notice it's always the leeches like Spamowitz and
[Homer] who are the first to attack people who made a
lot of money and try and share some of it via charities.

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 4:23:31 PM6/16/10
to
In article <4c18f415$1...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>
> Gates now runs an investment company in the guise of a charity.

In the same sense that Harvard runs an investment company in the guise
of a university.

I'm curious--what do you think a charity with a large endowment should
do with the money? Can you name any purported charity with a large
endowment that you would *not* consider to be an "investment company in
the guise of a charity"?

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 4:25:22 PM6/16/10
to
In article <hvb33m$6cs$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

"Ezekiel" <not-...@the-zeke.com> wrote:
> (From other post)
> - "Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates
> Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean drinking water."

According to Schestowitz, Gates is *causing* polio.

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 4:44:57 PM6/16/10
to
In article <4c19...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>
> Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates
> Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean drinking
> water. These organisations do not seek a quid pro quo. They do it out of
> goodness.

Uhm, where do you think Rotary gets a lot of their money? For example:

Your contribution will help Rotary raise $200 million to match $355
million in challenge grants received from the Bill & Melinda Gates
Foundation. The resulting $555 million will directly support
immunization campaigns in developing countries, where polio
continues to infect and paralyze children, robbing them of their
futures and compounding the hardships faced by their families

<http://www.rotary.org/en/serviceandfellowship/polio/pages/ridefault.aspx
>

Rotary has contributed a total of $700 million to polio since 1985.

<http://www.rotary.org/en/ServiceAndFellowship/Polio/RotarysWork/Pages/po
lio_partners.aspx>

Looking at the Gates grant list, there's another $200 million or so
grants specifically on polio outside the program they are doing with
Rotary. That puts total Gates spending on polio so far at about 80% of
total Rotary spending. That doesn't sound like Rotary is spending "a lot
more" like you claim.

Looks like the Gates Foundations has spent about $180 million on water,
sanitation, and hygiene. I see over $1.5 billion on malaria so far. I
didn't see Rotary numbers for these, but if you've got a link showing
that Rotary has spent a "lot more" than $1.5 billion on malaria, post it.

--
--Tim Smith

Chris Ahlstrom

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 5:35:57 PM6/16/10
to
Ezekiel ululated:

<snip>

I haven't read this yet, but the concept looks interesting.

http://trustsandestates.com/wealth_watch/gates-foundation-venture-philanthropy1230/

The buzzword: philanthro-captilism.

I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
computer usage.

--
With all the fancy scientists in the world, why can't they just once
build a nuclear balm?

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 5:48:57 PM6/16/10
to

"Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote in message
news:hvbg3u$61q$4...@news.eternal-september.org...

> Ezekiel ululated:
>
> <snip>
>
> I haven't read this yet, but the concept looks interesting.
>
>
> http://trustsandestates.com/wealth_watch/gates-foundation-venture-philanthropy1230/
>
> The buzzword: philanthro-captilism.

It's interesting but from the article it's certainly not any sort of scam,
scheme or loophole that's being exploited.

<quote>
Although the $400 million program-related investments fund is dwarfed by the
$3.5 billion in grants made annually by the Gates Foundation, the fact that
the world's largest foundation is dipping its big toe into the world of
venture philanthropy may accelerate a nascent trend in philanthropy the way
the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" and the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts
Club Band" revolutionized popular music forever.

So, what is venture philanthropy and how do program-related investments play
a key role in it? The phrase "venture philanthropy" was coined in the 1960s
as an alternative strategy to merely having foundations write grant checks
and hope the recipients (usually public charities) would use the money
wisely. The concept is borrowed from venture capital and uses loans and
equity investments along with ongoing management and strategic assistance as
a way to help the recipient organizations become self-sufficient.
</quote>

Okay... it's "a way to help the recipient organizations become
self-sufficient." That seems like a very good thing to me.

> I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
> computer usage.

Have fun.

Moshe

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 6:51:13 PM6/16/10
to
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:35:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
wrote:

> Ezekiel ululated:
>
> <snip>
>
> I haven't read this yet, but the concept looks interesting.
>
> http://trustsandestates.com/wealth_watch/gates-foundation-venture-philanthropy1230/
>
> The buzzword: philanthro-captilism.
>
> I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
> computer usage.

Sucking Roy's ass takes that much out of you Liarmutt?

Chris Ahlstrom

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:03:57 PM6/16/10
to
Ezekiel ululated:

> "Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote in message
> news:hvbg3u$61q$4...@news.eternal-september.org...
>

>> I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
>> computer usage.
>
> Have fun.

Back, but I want to get off this computer soon, and I still have to test
some code.

--
Humor in the Court:
Q: Did you tell your lawyer that your husband had offered you indignities?
A: He didn't offer me nothing; he just said I could have the furniture.

Gregory Shearman

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:11:46 PM6/16/10
to

..when government money is used to create heavily patented products...
yes it is!

--
Regards,

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Moshe

unread,
Jun 16, 2010, 9:15:08 PM6/16/10
to
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:03:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom
wrote:

> Ezekiel ululated:


>
>> "Chris Ahlstrom" <ahls...@launchmodem.com> wrote in message
>> news:hvbg3u$61q$4...@news.eternal-september.org...
>>
>>> I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
>>> computer usage.
>>
>> Have fun.
>
> Back, but I want to get off this computer soon, and I still have to test
> some code.

Oh please......

Only Hadron believes you are a professional programmer,
I don't know why, but he does.
The rest of us know you are a basement dwelling wannabe.

Probably a help desk employee.

You haven't demonstrated a single reason for anyone to
believe you program for a living.

And even if you do, it's Windows programming, not Linux.

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 3:05:03 AM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Rotarians, and I speak about them because I have personal knowledge,
spend their own money to go to the places and get the work done. The
value that Rotary, Lions, Karatas and many others provide, is actual
help. They are not an effort to get pictures taken by the press or earn
honorary degrees or even provide bits in bank account computers that get
lost in layers of bureaucracy. It is actual help.

Instead of wasting people's time with trolling, you should go off and
help in these places yourself. Then you would know what I am talking about.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwZyRYACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD4vmgCePl4RkET1c3WEA5P2OIGQ5qQw
oq4An1j3mCieGcCza7KaLPIwgl79Db+m
=n98x
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 3:57:49 AM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP ThIGNED METhThAGE----- Hath: ThHA1

Tim Thmith wote:
Wotawianth, and I thpeak about them bekawthe I hafe pewthonaw
knowwedge, thpend theiw own money to go to the pwatheth and get the
wowk done. The fawue that Wotawy, Wionth, Kawatath and many othewth
pwofide, ith aktuaw hewp. They awe not an effowt to get piktuweth
taken by the pweth ow eawn honowawy degweeth ow efen pwofide bitth in
bank akkownt komputewth that get woft in wayewth of buweaukwathy. It
ith aktuaw hewp.

Inftead of wafting peopwe'th time with twowwing, you thouwd go off and
hewp in thethe pwatheth youwthewf. Then you wouwd know what I am
tawking about.

Ian -----BEGIN PGP ThIGNATUWE----- Vewthion: GnuPG f1.4.9
(GNU/Winukth) Komment: Uthing GnuPG with Mothiwwa -
http://enigmaiw.mothdef.owg

iEYEAWEThAAYFAkwZyWYAThgkQ0DthqYNwXtD4fmgThePw4WkET1th3WEA5P2OIGQ5qQw
oq4An1y3mThieGthThtha7KaWPIwgw79Db+m =n98kth -----END PGP
ThIGNATUWE-----

Phil Da Lick!

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 4:47:25 AM6/17/10
to

lol

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 6:01:24 AM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hadron wrote:
> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>
>> In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,
>> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>> interest of the majority.
>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>
> Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.
>

Just as Copernicus, Galileo, Martin Luther and Charles Darwin were
loonies. They were loonies, because the told what they saw and
understood to a world that is happier to believe lies.

> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.

There is no fundamental flaw in the statement. The only flaw here is the
rift between those who can not see past the propaganda and those who are
open to see the facts as they really are.

It is quite clear that the WinTrolls are in the former group.

Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwZ8m0ACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD4HbwCgi85XWFQkGVr9ka0Ctj2sa7BE
ae8An0xhfRhKXtgRHHl82BgBc+UnvnoJ
=iDcK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Chris Ahlstrom

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 6:45:04 AM6/17/10
to
Hadron ululated:

> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.

PKB

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 8:07:25 AM6/17/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message

news:4c19f279$1...@news.x-privat.org...


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hadron wrote:
>> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>
>>> In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,
>>> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>>> interest of the majority.
>>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>>
>> Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.
>>
>
> Just as Copernicus, Galileo, Martin Luther and Charles Darwin were
> loonies. They were loonies, because the told what they saw and
> understood to a world that is happier to believe lies.

Yeah... you're just like Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin and MLK. I'm amazed
that your fat head hasn't exploded yet from this ego problem you have.

>> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
>> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.
>
> There is no fundamental flaw in the statement.

Which is why you have absolutely ZERO proof to backup your nonsense. Isn't
that right almight truth teller.


> The only flaw here is the
> rift between those who can not see past the propaganda and those who are
> open to see the facts as they really are.

It's quite amazing that these "facts" of yours have absolutely zero credible
evidence to back them up. In your world the Foundation donates the "legal
minimum" to remain a charity (zero evidence to backup your lies) and Gates
is donating BILLIONS of dollars to "save money" on his taxes. Simply put -
you are a conspiracy nut just like those 9-11 idiots.

> It is quite clear that the WinTrolls are in the former group.

It is quite clear that you will never show a single piece of credible
evidence to support your lies and ridiculous claims.

High Plains Thumper

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 8:38:54 AM6/17/10
to
Mail2News nymthief of Ian Hilliard wrote:
> Tim Thmith wote:

>> Ian Hilliard wrote:
>>
>>> Organisations like Rotary spend a lot more money than the Gates
>>> Foundation on fighting Polio, Malaria and providing clean
>>> drinking water. These organisations do not seek a quid pro quo.
>>> They do it out of goodness.
>>
>> Uhm, [snip Tim's troll]

>
> Wotawianth, and I thpeak about them bekawthe I hafe pewthonaw
> [snip rest of troll babble]

Organization: Bananasplit - Mail2News
Injection-Info: mail2news.bananasplit.info

Rather sad this familiar troll needs to nymthief an advocate's name and
steal bandwidth with its crappy post. All because of Ian's honesty and
positive postings on the Linux operating system.

[quote]
In the Mopping Up phase, Evangelism's goal is to put the final nail into
the competing technology's coffin, and bury it in the burning depths of
the earth. Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated
with mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter
Bunny, and OS/2."

Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever.
make the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the
mythology of the computer industry.

We want to place selection pressure on the companies and individuals
that show a genetic weakness for competitor's technologies, to make the
industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over time.
[/quote]

PDF page 55
Microsoft Evangelism
Comes vs. Microsoft court case

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

--
HPT

chrisv

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 8:45:59 AM6/17/10
to
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
>computer usage.

You're a runner, too? How many miles/week? I do around 16...

chrisv

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 8:55:33 AM6/17/10
to
Timmy wrote:

> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>> interest of the majority.
>
>Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?

It certainly can be, "thinker".

Just because the "goal" is "good", does not mean that government
mandate to reallocate resources from taxpayers toward that goal is in
the best interests of the majority.

There's lots of worthy goals, all competing for resources. It's
usually best to let the market allocate resources.

On the other hand, it is, IMO, government's place to sometimes give
the market a "nudge", in the form of tax incentives. Gas taxes should
have raised in the US a long time ago, to discourage waste.

One Shot, One Kill

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 10:09:00 AM6/17/10
to

"chrisv" <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:r66k16p4oo1opljd4...@4ax.com...

chrisv is a liar. chrisv is a piece of shit.


Hadron

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 10:36:58 AM6/17/10
to
"Ezekiel" <M...@Not-there.com> writes:

> "Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
> news:4c19f279$1...@news.x-privat.org...
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>>
>>>> In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,
>>>> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>>>> interest of the majority.
>>>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>>>
>>> Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.
>>>
>>
>> Just as Copernicus, Galileo, Martin Luther and Charles Darwin were
>> loonies. They were loonies, because the told what they saw and
>> understood to a world that is happier to believe lies.
>
> Yeah... you're just like Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin and MLK. I'm amazed
> that your fat head hasn't exploded yet from this ego problem you have.

I told you. Ian, or I am, is a legend in his own lunchtime. He might be
"son of Homer".

>
>>> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
>>> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.
>>
>> There is no fundamental flaw in the statement.
>
> Which is why you have absolutely ZERO proof to backup your nonsense. Isn't
> that right almight truth teller.
>
>> The only flaw here is the
>> rift between those who can not see past the propaganda and those who are
>> open to see the facts as they really are.

Or you being a loony.

>
> It's quite amazing that these "facts" of yours have absolutely zero credible
> evidence to back them up. In your world the Foundation donates the "legal
> minimum" to remain a charity (zero evidence to backup your lies) and Gates
> is donating BILLIONS of dollars to "save money" on his taxes. Simply put -
> you are a conspiracy nut just like those 9-11 idiots.
>
>> It is quite clear that the WinTrolls are in the former group.
>
> It is quite clear that you will never show a single piece of credible
> evidence to support your lies and ridiculous claims.

Iam is a loony.

Roy Schestowitz

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 11:24:44 AM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

____/ Ian Hilliard on Wednesday 16 Jun 2010 11:42 : \____

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Gates coming to White House to appeal for more energy research dollars
>>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/09/AR2010060906355.html
>>
>> Bill Gates: U.S. Must Expand Energy Research
>>
>> http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/06/09/bill-gates-us-must-expand-energy-research/
>>

>> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on policy
>>
>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>>

>> Ballmer also went for 'piracy'.... as for Bill Gates, he has patents with


>> Nathan the troll... wanting his government to fund it.
>

> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
> interest of the majority.
>

> Ian

Look up the company Gates recommended for nuclear energy earlier this year. Nathan/IV (whom Bill
Gates invests billions in) owns the patents. I only found one article which pointed this out.

Nathan/IV also owns some of the pharma patents Gates is promoting (not to mention GMO/
Monsanto patents). He often lobbies for governments (i.e. taxpayers) to fund those projects/patents that
he only "kick-starts" using his "brand name" (Bill Gates).

Gates reportedly increased his wealth by about $13 over the past year. Not bad for a retired giver...

- --
~~ Best of wishes


Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing. -- Rob Pike
http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
16:20:01 up 48 days, 6:49, 2 users, load average: 0.48, 0.63, 0.73
http://iuron.com - Open Source knowledge engine project
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkwaPjwACgkQU4xAY3RXLo4lYgCgkMaJBQ8e5HiUAEGz7r4ZQ59y
QBUAoKWKxAH4DXIac4dEA1jD1wywqDXT
=9Az9
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Roy Schestowitz

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 11:26:45 AM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

____/ High Plains Thumper on Wednesday 16 Jun 2010 20:09 : \____

> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
>> Ian Hilliard wrote:
>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>

>>>> Microsoft calls on Washington companies to work together on
>>>> policy
>>>>
>>>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/210714.asp?from=blog_last3
>>>>

>>>> with Nathan the troll... wanting his government to fund it.
>>>
>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the
>>> best interest of the majority.
>>

>> Politics is more about getting yourself into a position of power so
>> you can allow special interest groups to push a minority agenda
>> against the interest of the majority in return for a nice doggy drop
>> or cushy number when you leave office.
>
> Trolling in COLA is more about getting the troll's socks into a position
> of defence so they can allow off topics to push a lusing agenda against
> the interest of the majority for the charter in return for a nice doggy
> drop or cushy laptop whilst being unemployed.

Trolling in COLA also gives away the sensitive points (those which require the trolls
to destroy, destruct, or distract).

- --
~~ Best of wishes

http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
Mem: 2075800k total, 1660792k used, 415008k free, 12460k buffers
http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkwaPrUACgkQU4xAY3RXLo7/mQCfQPQ7O3vXGtCP+GYcI+77/2up
Mj8AoKK1MOLpDjj4750B+yzI79vynKWn
=lzW+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

DFS

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 1:05:55 PM6/17/10
to
On 6/16/2010 5:35 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> Ezekiel ululated:
>
> <snip>
>
> I haven't read this yet, but the concept looks interesting.
>
> http://trustsandestates.com/wealth_watch/gates-foundation-venture-philanthropy1230/
>
> The buzzword: philanthro-captilism.
>
> I'm offline for now. Need to run and sweat heavily to counteract heavy
> computer usage.

What you need to do is learn how to stand up to that ball-busting wife
of yours.


DFS

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 1:09:25 PM6/17/10
to
On 6/16/2010 3:09 PM, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Trolling in COLA is more about getting the troll's socks into a position
> of defence so they can allow off topics to push a lusing agenda against
> the interest of the majority for the charter in return for a nice doggy
> drop or cushy laptop whilst being unemployed.


Your crappy "Comes vs MS" posts aren't worth a doggie drop (let alone a
laptop).


Moshe

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 1:28:01 PM6/17/10
to

HPT is an obsessed loon.

What kind of a fool collects and catalogs people's
posting history?

Ian Hilliard

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 2:08:28 PM6/17/10
to
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Ezekiel wrote:
>
>
> "Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
> news:4c19f279$1...@news.x-privat.org...
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Hadron wrote:
>>> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>>
>>>> In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,
>>>> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>>>> interest of the majority.
>>>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>>>
>>> Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.
>>>
>>
>> Just as Copernicus, Galileo, Martin Luther and Charles Darwin were
>> loonies. They were loonies, because the told what they saw and
>> understood to a world that is happier to believe lies.
>
> Yeah... you're just like Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin and MLK. I'm
> amazed that your fat head hasn't exploded yet from this ego problem you
> have.
>
>

Martin Luther is not Martin Luther King. Martin Luther was a German
priest given the task of translating the accepted sections of the bible
into German. Having seen the truth, he realised that Catholicism had
lost its path from Christianity and had simply become self gratifying.
He lead the revolt that lead to Protestantism.

>
>>> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
>>> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.
>>
>> There is no fundamental flaw in the statement.
>
> Which is why you have absolutely ZERO proof to backup your nonsense.
> Isn't that right almight truth teller.
>

When faced with a controversial statement, there are three sorts of
people. Those that have no opinion. Those that are willing to discuss
and those that are so insecure in their own beliefs that they are
unwilling to put their own beliefs to the test and as such they respond
with aggression and abuse. You seem to fit into the latter group.

>
>> The only flaw here is the
>> rift between those who can not see past the propaganda and those who are
>> open to see the facts as they really are.
>
> It's quite amazing that these "facts" of yours have absolutely zero
> credible evidence to back them up. In your world the Foundation donates
> the "legal minimum" to remain a charity (zero evidence to backup your
> lies) and Gates is donating BILLIONS of dollars to "save money" on his
> taxes. Simply put - you are a conspiracy nut just like those 9-11 idiots.
>

Once again, no attempt to put up proof of a counter argument, just
abuse. Guess what, abuse does not make you any more right. In fact, it
proves that you have no argument. In a debate, you would have
immediately been disqualified.

>> It is quite clear that the WinTrolls are in the former group.
>
> It is quite clear that you will never show a single piece of credible
> evidence to support your lies and ridiculous claims.
>
>

Where is your credible counter evidence?


Ian
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkwaZJIACgkQ0DzqJNlXtD5MTQCbBctLXqoFafCOH2BQjXBfQ2Cs
hfcAnRlsis+/VPGOJtPkGyHMTVbsba77
=RhzR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

chrisv

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 2:31:34 PM6/17/10
to
Gregory Shearman wrote:

> Tim Smith wrote:


>>
>> Ian Hilliard wrote:
>>>
>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>> interest of the majority.
>>
>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>
>..when government money is used to create heavily patented products...
>yes it is!

Hey, don't worry. The wealthy-elite businessman will spend his dirty
money, so *some* of it will "trickle down" to us commoners...

--
"Your whore mother is to blame for you being a lying hypocrite." -
Larry "message ID Qualig", AKA Hadron Quark

Ezekiel

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 3:19:52 PM6/17/10
to

"Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
news:4c1a649f$1...@news.x-privat.org...

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Ezekiel wrote:
>>
>>
>> "Ian Hilliard" <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote in message
>> news:4c19f279$1...@news.x-privat.org...
>>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>>
>>> Hadron wrote:
>>>> Tim Smith <reply_i...@mouse-potato.com> writes:
>>>>
>>>>> In article <4c18aa8e$1...@news.x-privat.org>,
>>>>> Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
>>>>>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the best
>>>>>> interest of the majority.
>>>>> Clean energy research is against the best interests of the majority?
>>>>
>>>> Ian is a loony. That much is plain to see.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Just as Copernicus, Galileo, Martin Luther and Charles Darwin were
>>> loonies. They were loonies, because the told what they saw and
>>> understood to a world that is happier to believe lies.
>>
>> Yeah... you're just like Copernicus, Galileo, Darwin and MLK. I'm
>> amazed that your fat head hasn't exploded yet from this ego problem you
>> have.
>>
>>
> Martin Luther is not Martin Luther King. Martin Luther was a German
> priest given the task of translating the accepted sections of the bible

Whoever he was... you're not qualified to lick the gum off his shoes.


>>
>>>> Only a loony would make such a sweeping and fundamentally flawed
>>>> statement as if it was the incontrovertible truth.
>>>
>>> There is no fundamental flaw in the statement.
>>
>> Which is why you have absolutely ZERO proof to backup your nonsense.
>> Isn't that right almight truth teller.
>>
>
> When faced with a controversial statement, there are three sorts of
> people.

There's also a fourth type of person. Those who have no idea of what they're
talking about but continue making ridiculous claims anyway.


> Those that have no opinion. Those that are willing to discuss
> and those that are so insecure in their own beliefs that they are
> unwilling to put their own beliefs to the test and as such they respond
> with aggression and abuse. You seem to fit into the latter group.

I'm more than willing to discuss but I'm not going to simply believe "your
word" on something which you know nothing about. Tell me again how donating
billions let's him save on taxes!!!


>> It is quite clear that you will never show a single piece of credible
>> evidence to support your lies and ridiculous claims.
>>
>>
> Where is your credible counter evidence?

Counter evidence to what? You first have to put forth some sort of evidence
if you expect me to counter it. Since you have yet to show a single iota of
evidence to support your claims what evidence exactly am I supposed to be
countering?


Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 6:27:47 PM6/17/10
to
In article <4c19c924$1...@news.x-privat.org>,

So first you claimed Gates wasn't spending much money. Now your claim is
that the $355 million the Gates Foundation is giving Rotary somehow
won't help (but the $200 million Rotary is raising will...)?

--
--Tim Smith

Tim Smith

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 6:33:40 PM6/17/10
to
In article <4c1a649f$1...@news.x-privat.org>,

Ian Hilliard <nos...@hilliardtech.com> wrote:
> When faced with a controversial statement, there are three sorts of
> people. Those that have no opinion. Those that are willing to discuss
> and those that are so insecure in their own beliefs that they are
> unwilling to put their own beliefs to the test and as such they respond
> with aggression and abuse. You seem to fit into the latter group.

You missed a group: those who when caught in blatant error try to change
the subject. That would be your group.


--
--Tim Smith

High Plains Thumper

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 9:14:41 PM6/17/10
to
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Ian Hilliard on Wednesday:

>
>> Politics is about pushing the agenda of a minority against the
>> best interest of the majority.
>
> Look up the company Gates recommended for nuclear energy earlier this
> year. Nathan/IV (whom Bill Gates invests billions in) owns the
> patents. I only found one article which pointed this out.
>
> Nathan/IV also owns some of the pharma patents Gates is promoting
> (not to mention GMO/ Monsanto patents). He often lobbies for
> governments (i.e. taxpayers) to fund those projects/patents that he
> only "kick-starts" using his "brand name" (Bill Gates).
>
> Gates reportedly increased his wealth by about $13 over the past
> year. Not bad for a retired giver...

Reading about B. Gates and his so called philanthropy does not impress
me that he gives out of noble cause. It seems more of a means to
shelter his wealth rather than for benefit. What I get a kick out of,
is how the trolls keep eulogising him as a saint and lambasting Linux
advocates as thieves, sexual deviants, liars, etc. Acts of ad hominem
as such reveals the source.

--
HPT

DFS

unread,
Jun 17, 2010, 9:38:58 PM6/17/10
to

Don't mind bitter, petty, powerless little losers like Ian Hilliard (and
Rex Ballard and Gidget and Homer and Spamowitz). They're just
frustrated by their total inability to make a living with Linux.


Gregory Shearman

unread,
Jun 18, 2010, 3:06:26 AM6/18/10
to

I've just come back from a run... around 4kms... I run every day... 1km in
soft beach sand, 100m full sprint along the soccer oval included in the
run...

It becomes addictive after a while. I get grumpy if I can't get out for
a daily run.

chrisv

unread,
Jun 18, 2010, 8:38:03 AM6/18/10