Windows 11 is a free upgrade

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 1:38:03 PM6/24/21
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22546801/microsoft-windows-11-free-upgrade-details

"All you’ll need is a PC that meets the minimum hardware requirements
for Windows 11, which is now a 64-bit CPU, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of
storage."

Yeah, I never would've guessed that the hardware requirements would
ratchet up like that, given that in reality they already have under
Win10.

--
Joel Crump

DFS

Jun 24, 2021, 2:12:56 PM6/24/21
https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22546791/microsoft-windows-11-announcement-features-updates

Some good UI changes, new Start menu, Team integration, auto HDR for
gaming, smaller faster updates, will run Android apps, Store won't take
a cut of app sales.

A worthy upgrade, I'd say.

But I'm not sure about the new rounded rectangle windows. Too Mac-like
maybe.

And an MS account is required to install it - very disgusting.

Rabid Roach

Jun 24, 2021, 3:31:17 PM6/24/21
I completely forgot to watch the announcement. When is 11 supposed to be
released?

--
Rabid Roach
Immune to all of your __ist labels.

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 5:28:07 PM6/24/21
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22546791/microsoft-windows-11-announcement-features-updates
>
>Some good UI changes, new Start menu, Team integration, auto HDR for
>gaming, smaller faster updates, will run Android apps, Store won't take
>a cut of app sales.
>
>A worthy upgrade, I'd say.
>
>But I'm not sure about the new rounded rectangle windows. Too Mac-like
>maybe.

I dunno if it even makes any real difference. But overall the UI
seems prettier than Win10.

>And an MS account is required to install it - very disgusting.

I have Win10 linked to my Microsoft account, but I agree it shouldn't
be required.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 5:28:36 PM6/24/21
Rabid Roach <ra...@roa.ch> wrote:

>I completely forgot to watch the announcement. When is 11 supposed to be
>released?

What I've read is that it's expected toward the end of the year.

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

Jun 24, 2021, 6:07:13 PM6/24/21
> some dumb fsck wrote:
>>
>> And an MS account is required to install it - very disgusting.

Microshaft knows all about being disgusting.

If you get the Pro version, you won't need an account. Just like Win
10. Between that and BitLocker, I would say that Pro would be worth
the extra cost.

--
"There are no bugs in Linux products as the advocates would have us
believe." - "Slimer", lying shamelessly

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 6:17:18 PM6/24/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> some dumb fsck wrote:
>>>
>>> And an MS account is required to install it - very disgusting.
>
>Microshaft knows all about being disgusting.
>
>If you get the Pro version, you won't need an account. Just like Win
>10. Between that and BitLocker, I would say that Pro would be worth
>the extra cost.

In my view, paying the retail price for Windows Home is throwing good
money after bad - the only reason to go with Home is if it's
preinstalled on a new machine, which makes it cheap. Even then,
though, it's worth considering the $100 upgrade from Home to Pro.

--
Joel Crump

Rabid Roach

Jun 24, 2021, 6:30:43 PM6/24/21
I'm looking forward to it. 10 is nice enough but I don't mind the
improvements to the updating system.

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 6:37:47 PM6/24/21
Rabid Roach <ra...@roa.ch> wrote:

>>> I completely forgot to watch the announcement. When is 11 supposed to be
>>> released?
>>
>> What I've read is that it's expected toward the end of the year.
>
>I'm looking forward to it. 10 is nice enough but I don't mind the
>improvements to the updating system.

Yeah, to be honest, that really is the main thing that I miss from
Mint, is how painless updates were. Even a kernel update was just
install, reboot, remove the old one, done. Win10 just has that
"percent complete" that tells you nothing about what the F it's
actually doing.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 7:04:10 PM6/24/21
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

This page lays out the system requirements and some other info in a
format people on our level can work with. I for one am cautiously
excited.

--
Joel Crump

Rabid Roach

Jun 24, 2021, 8:07:56 PM6/24/21
I get the impression that it will still be like that, but less painful.
Still, I'm glad that they are aware of how much people hate the update
system and that they are making an effort to correct all of it.

Joel

Jun 24, 2021, 8:14:38 PM6/24/21
Amen to that.

--
Joel Crump

rbowman

Jun 24, 2021, 11:01:39 PM6/24/21
The MS page has a link to an app to check your machine. A friend ran it
and it said his 4 year old gaming computer was not suitable although it
didn't say why.

I forget all the specs but it has an i7, 32 GB of RAM, a 1TB SSD, and
what was a hot NVidia graphics card 4 years ago.

I tried it on my new work machine but it only said updates are
administered by IT. I haven't tried it on my laptop.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11

The link is towards the bottom of the page.

rbowman

Jun 24, 2021, 11:03:33 PM6/24/21
I never linked the laptop's Win10 but I have an account to get the VS
2019 Community edition etc.

rbowman

Jun 24, 2021, 11:06:21 PM6/24/21
Around the holidays. M$ didn't mention which holidays... Eid al-Fitr 1443?

F Russell

Jun 25, 2021, 12:05:02 AM6/25/21
On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 20:07:53 -0400, Rabid Roach wrote:

> Still, I'm glad that they are aware of how much people hate the update
> system

How long have they all been hating it?

Microshit users are amazingly sheepish and docile. They will allow
themselves to be repeatedly beaten, tortured, and raped and still
welcome more.

Whenever I install that garbage I rip out all that useless update junk.
I rip it out by the roots. Ain't no Microshit assholes gonna get in my way.

If Microshit told their users to jump off a cliff, the users would jump off
a cliff -- and pay ($$$) for the privilege.

But I guess the poor, dumb bastards have no choice. Without their
protective "Mamma Microshit" they'd be dead in the computing waters.

--

Systemd free. D.E. free.

Always and forever.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 12:12:10 AM6/25/21
rbowman <bow...@montana.com> wrote:

>The MS page has a link to an app to check your machine. A friend ran it
>and it said his 4 year old gaming computer was not suitable although it
>didn't say why.
>
>I forget all the specs but it has an i7, 32 GB of RAM, a 1TB SSD, and
>what was a hot NVidia graphics card 4 years ago.
>
>I tried it on my new work machine but it only said updates are
>administered by IT. I haven't tried it on my laptop.
>
>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11
>
>The link is towards the bottom of the page.

Yeah, I installed that, seemed to indicate I'm good to go.

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 4:22:27 AM6/25/21
rbowman wrote:

>https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11

A TPM is required??? That would rule-out the majority of desktop
PC's...

Fsck, I wrote up early, today. Soon, out for a 4-mile run. Crazy, I
know, but what else does one do with extra hours in the morning?

--
"I think it's a pre-requisite to have a serious mental deficiency to
use GNU/Linux." - "Slimer"

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 7:39:28 AM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>A TPM is required??? That would rule-out the majority of desktop
>PC's...

Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action lawsuit
might be in order. I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be
stuck with an older version that will be out of support in a few short
years. This is completely unacceptable.

--
Joel Crump

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 8:01:55 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 4:22 AM, shitv wrote:

> Fsck, I wrote up early, today.

DING! DING! DING!

Your "intellectually superior" brain is still asleep.

> Soon, out for a 4-mile run. Crazy, I
> know, but what else does one do with extra hours in the morning?

Careful you don't get run over in the dark, then backed up and run over
again... then dragged for a while.

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 8:03:43 AM6/25/21
Some motherboards have a header that an optional TPM module can plug
on to. That said, I find it hard to believe that it's *required*.
Maybe they mean it's "required" for "all features" to work.

--
"Productivity is the last thing desktop Linux users care about" -
DumFSck, lying shamelessly

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 8:42:10 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 8:03 AM, shitv wrote:

> Some motherboards have a header that an optional TPM module can plug
> on to. That said, I find it hard to believe that it's*required*.
> Maybe they mean it's "required" for "all features" to work.

It's looking like a hard-line requirement, right now anyway.

> -- "Productivity is the last thing desktop Linux users care about" -
> DumFSck, lying shamelessly

You forgot the whole quote, which explained how Linux victims actually
use their systems:

"Productivity is the last thing desktop Linux users care about or ever
attain; Linux is all about tinkering and updating and compiling and
rearranging and testing and configuring."

FACTS

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 8:43:18 AM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>>A TPM is required??? That would rule-out the majority of desktop
>>>PC's...
>>
>>Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
>>after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
>>they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action lawsuit
>>might be in order. I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be
>>stuck with an older version that will be out of support in a few short
>>years. This is completely unacceptable.
>
>Some motherboards have a header that an optional TPM module can plug
>on to. That said, I find it hard to believe that it's *required*.
>Maybe they mean it's "required" for "all features" to work.

Well, when I wrote my above reply, I had just double-checked the
"PC Health Check" app that I installed yesterday, but only this
morning realized was telling me I can't upgrade (for some reason, I
didn't notice the button to actually check compatibility
with Win11) - but, I found this link with a Google search:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-11-tpm-enable-bios-uefi

Indeed, I don't have a physical TPM module in my system. But it ends
up, there's a workaround.

I fiddled around in the UEFI, where I found a setting to enable
Firmware TPM, or fTPM. (In Intel parlance, it will be called PTT, or
Platform Trust Technology). On my Asus X370 Prime Pro motherboard, it
was under Advanced > AMD fTPM configuration, where I switched from
Discrete TPM to enable a Firmware TPM.

Then, I rebooted and returned to PC Health Checker and it said I could
install Windows 11 without issue. Of course, to do that, I'll have to
sign up for upcoming Windows Insider Builds or wait until the release
this holiday.
<<<

So, with any luck, I can go into the BIOS and solve this problem. If
not, I dunno WTF to say.

--
Joel Crump

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jun 25, 2021, 8:52:07 AM6/25/21
Windows 11 is looking a lot like Windows 8;
i.e. a ridiculous failure.

I'll probably skip it.

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 8:54:08 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 12:04 AM, F Russell wrote:

> If Microshit told their users to jump off a cliff, the users would jump off
> a cliff -- and pay ($$$) for the privilege.

As the meme says: "Anything but Linux"

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 8:57:03 AM6/25/21
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>"Productivity is the last thing desktop Linux users care about or ever
>attain; Linux is all about tinkering and updating and compiling and
>rearranging and testing and configuring."
>

>FACTS

Maybe for Russell that's true, it wasn't true for the way I used
Linux.

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 9:01:40 AM6/25/21
Joel wrote:

>>>Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
>>>after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
>>>they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action lawsuit
>>>might be in order. I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be
>>>stuck with an older version that will be out of support in a few short
>>>years. This is completely unacceptable.
>>
>>Some motherboards have a header that an optional TPM module can plug
>>on to. That said, I find it hard to believe that it's *required*.
>>Maybe they mean it's "required" for "all features" to work.
>

>Well, when I wrote my above reply, I had just double-checked the
>"PC Health Check" app that I installed yesterday, but only this
>morning realized was telling me I can't upgrade (for some reason, I
>didn't notice the button to actually check compatibility
>with Win11) - but, I found this link with a Google search:
>

>https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-11-tpm-enable-bios-uefi
>
>Indeed, I don't have a physical TPM module in my system. But it ends
>up, there's a workaround.

It seems the Asus X370 Prime Pro has a header for a TPM module.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1264753/Asus-Prime-X370-Pro.html?page=30

--
"Why is it bad for foreign governments to [influence our elections],
but not the media?" - "Steve Carroll", right-wing idiot

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 9:01:48 AM6/25/21
Then why use it?

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 9:08:16 AM6/25/21
Joel wrote:

> some dumb fsck wrote:
>>
>> (lies snipped)
>
>Maybe for Russell that's true, it wasn't true for the way I used
>Linux.

It's *obviously* a *ridiculous* lie, from the dumb fsck.

--
"Linux is all about tinkering and updating and compiling and
rearranging and testing and configuring." - DumFSck, lying

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 9:15:52 AM6/25/21
I wasn't satisfied with the quality of Win10 at the time. They were
pushing out buggy updates. That has changed with more recent
versions, so I'm back to it.

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 9:19:07 AM6/25/21
>--
>"Linux is all about tinkering and updating and compiling and
>rearranging and testing and configuring." - DumFSck, lying
>shamelessly

Oh, and if DumFSck was quoting someone else's lie, his calling it
"FACTS" makes it his lie, too.

--
"The middle 32 characters look very random - but it looks like you
stop at the letter 'f'. * why stop at letter f?" - DumFSck, putting

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 9:36:57 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 7:39 AM, Joel wrote:

> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run
> Win11, after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the
> world can they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action
> lawsuit might be in order.

ha! You're so tough, sailor.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Microsoft owes them absolute
perfection, lifetime support of all their products, free upgrades
forever, etc.

For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
API?"

On the other hand, how can you reasonably staff to support billions of
users?

>> I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be stuck with an older
>> version that will be out of support in a few short years. This is
>> completely unacceptable.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-tpm

With my old i5, it's looking like I'll actually have to buy new hardware
to install Win11.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 9:53:46 AM6/25/21
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run
>> Win11, after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the
>> world can they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action
>> lawsuit might be in order.
>
>ha! You're so tough, sailor.
>
>I don't understand why everyone thinks Microsoft owes them absolute
>perfection, lifetime support of all their products, free upgrades
>forever, etc.

That really wasn't the point. The point was that I just built the
thing two months ago, and it meets all the other requirements -
however, as I showed in a later reply to chrisv, there is a potential
way to resolve it in the BIOS settings, which I will look into when I
get a chance.

>For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
>I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
>MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
>API?"
>
>On the other hand, how can you reasonably staff to support billions of
>users?

Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
my face around here again.

>>> I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be stuck with an older
>>> version that will be out of support in a few short years. This is
>>> completely unacceptable.
>
>https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-tpm
>

>With my old i5, it's looking like I'll actually have to buy new hardware
>to install Win11.

Yeah, I dare say.

--
Joel Crump

rbowman

Jun 25, 2021, 9:55:07 AM6/25/21
On 06/25/2021 07:36 AM, DFS wrote:
> For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
> I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
> MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
> API?"

One of the arguments our clients have against Linux is 'but, but, it's
not supported!'

Most of them are barely computer literate and I don't see them opening a
support ticket with Microsoft. For that matter I've never done so. (I'm
leaving out the nice guy with the Hindi accent who will fix your problem
if you give him access to pcAnywhere)

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 10:08:35 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 9:53 AM, Joel wrote:
> DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>>> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run
>>> Win11, after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the
>>> world can they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action
>>> lawsuit might be in order.
>>
>> ha! You're so tough, sailor.
>>
>> I don't understand why everyone thinks Microsoft owes them absolute
>> perfection, lifetime support of all their products, free upgrades
>> forever, etc.
>

> That really wasn't the point. The point was that I just built the
> thing two months ago, and it meets all the other requirements -
> however, as I showed in a later reply to chrisv, there is a potential
> way to resolve it in the BIOS settings, which I will look into when I
> get a chance.

I'm 100% sure you'll be OK to run Win11.

>> For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
>> I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
>> MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
>> API?"
>>
>> On the other hand, how can you reasonably staff to support billions of
>> users?
>

> Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
> retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
> such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
> support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
> them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
> my face around here again.

The hell with cola idiots. In the 90s I called MS and actually got
through to one of the developers in the Microsoft Access group.
Couldn't believe it! That would never happen today at MS.

>> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-tpm
>>

>> With my old i5, it's looking like I'll actually have to buy new hardware
>> to install Win11.
>

> Yeah, I dare say.

I have some good news about this old system:

Yesterday I went into the BIOS and loaded 'failsafe defaults', disabled
the Base Clock Control, disabled Intel Turbo Boost, left the voltages
and standard memory timings alone, and made sure not to use any of the
available overclocking settings. I'm after stability only.

After booting into Windows, the CPU fan isn't running fast, so that's a
good sign.

Every OS activity is noticeably faster now. All GUI apps and command
line programs run faster. Navigating thru the filesystem is nearly 2x
faster. Videos open MUCH quicker. Excel and Access launch as soon as
you lift your finger from the mouse - no wait whatsoever.

Novabench reports it running at 2.77Ghz (really supposed to be 2.67),
and the scores are up significantly from before:

CPU : 210 to 386
GPU : 443 to 515
RAM : 168 to 173
Disk : 51 to 52
Overall: 872 to 1123

scimark (as compiled by Melzzzzz): Composite Score up from 604 to 1204.

CPU Marks 2521 (which sucks vs the $300 Ryzen 5 5600X that gets 22181)

Anyway, the BIOS tweaks gave me a nice boost.

But I've waited years, and have the money (always did) to get something
new and fast. Probably will upgrade around the time Win11 comes out -
maybe before depending on video card prices.

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 10:08:59 AM6/25/21
Joel wrote:

>>> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run
>>> Win11, after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the
>>> world can they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action
>>> lawsuit might be in order.
>>
>>ha! You're so tough, sailor.
>>
>>I don't understand why everyone thinks Microsoft owes them absolute
>>perfection, lifetime support of all their products, free upgrades
>>forever, etc.
>
>That really wasn't the point. The point was that I just built the
>thing two months ago, and it meets all the other requirements -

M$ has no _obligation_ to support hardware that was built and sold
before their new OS comes out. However, they generally _want_ to
support older hardware, thus my skepticism that TPM is really
"required".

--
"2007 is going to be a miserable year for Linux because Vista is going
to sink any hope Linux has had for the desktop." - flathead

DFS

Jun 25, 2021, 10:18:18 AM6/25/21
On 6/25/2021 9:55 AM, rbowman wrote:
> On 06/25/2021 07:36 AM, DFS wrote:

>> For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
>> I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs.  I asked one
>> MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
>> API?"
>

> One of the arguments our clients have against Linux is 'but, but, it's
> not supported!'

Does your company build Linux apps? Do you get requests for them?

I've noticed almost an explosion of apps now being available for Window
Mac and Linux at the same time.

> Most of them are barely computer literate and I don't see them opening a
> support ticket with Microsoft. For that matter I've never done so. (I'm
> leaving out the nice guy with the Hindi accent who will fix your problem
> if you give him access to pcAnywhere)

I was on the phone with him yesterday! He casually asked for my credit
card number, and when I chuckled he hung up on me.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 10:44:08 AM6/25/21
DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:

>>> I don't understand why everyone thinks Microsoft owes them absolute
>>> perfection, lifetime support of all their products, free upgrades
>>> forever, etc.
>>
>> That really wasn't the point. The point was that I just built the
>> thing two months ago, and it meets all the other requirements -
>> however, as I showed in a later reply to chrisv, there is a potential
>> way to resolve it in the BIOS settings, which I will look into when I
>> get a chance.
>
>I'm 100% sure you'll be OK to run Win11.

Probably, based on what I read. If not, it would be an utter
travesty, though.

>>> For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
>>> I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
>>> MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
>>> API?"
>>>
>>> On the other hand, how can you reasonably staff to support billions of
>>> users?
>>
>> Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
>> retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
>> such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
>> support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
>> them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
>> my face around here again.
>
>The hell with cola idiots. In the 90s I called MS and actually got
>through to one of the developers in the Microsoft Access group.
>Couldn't believe it! That would never happen today at MS.

In 2009, when I first moved from WinXP to 7, the retail upgrade
would've required me to do a clean install, since only Vista could be
upgraded in place, and would've cost a bit more than the System
Builder copy I ordered from Newegg, not to mention that every time I
needed to reinstall, I'd have to install XP again first if I went with
the retail upgrade version.

In 2010, when I built my previous computer, I had to buy another Win7
System Builder copy, to get 64-bit, but at the time that was also
about half the price of a retail full version copy. But in more
recent history (Win8.1/10), the retail full version price is about
what the retail upgrade price used to be (around $200 for Pro), so
there's not enough of a reason to buy a System Builder copy, even
though I don't care about tech support.
Interesting. I guess it's conceivable that there was more I could've
tried with my old box, although I wouldn't have thought of it because
I had run Win10 on it before, through 1809, with no trouble. It just
seemed that Win10 itself had changed in two years.

>But I've waited years, and have the money (always did) to get something
>new and fast. Probably will upgrade around the time Win11 comes out -
>maybe before depending on video card prices.

Since Win10 is working well on your current machine, it seems logical
to just wait till Win11 is released, and either buy a machine that
comes with it, or build your own and buy Win11 the way I did Win10.
That way you don't have to start off with an OS upgrade.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 10:46:33 AM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>M$ has no _obligation_ to support hardware that was built and sold
>before their new OS comes out. However, they generally _want_ to
>support older hardware, thus my skepticism that TPM is really
>"required".

The app said I can't upgrade, but presumably that will change once I
boot into the BIOS settings and enable it, as the article I posted
demonstrates.

--
Joel Crump

FR

Jun 25, 2021, 10:54:29 AM6/25/21
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:46:30 -0400, Joel wrote:

> The app said I can't upgrade, but presumably that will change once I
> boot into the BIOS settings and enable it, as the article I posted
> demonstrates.

Don't be a clown. Just wait until the hackers bypass all that crap.

Microshit Winblows is such shoddy garbage that it is very easy for
hackers to defeat.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 11:04:09 AM6/25/21
Joel <joel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>DFS <nos...@dfs.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm 100% sure you'll be OK to run Win11.
>
>Probably, based on what I read. If not, it would be an utter
>travesty, though.

I found another article that goes into more detail about how to
resolve this:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/22549725/microsoft-windows-11-cpu-support-tpm-hardware-requirements

While Microsoft has required TPM support for OEM hardware
certification since Windows 10, it hasn’t actively required Windows to
have this fully enabled. That’s changing in Windows 11, and it means
if your laptop or PC shipped without these BIOS options enabled then
you’re going to have to go searching for a setting to switch on.

“Almost every CPU in the last 5-7 years has a TPM,” explains David
Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft. Weston is
recommending that Windows 10 users failing Microsoft’s Windows 11
upgrade checker requirements should ensure BIOS options for “PTT” on
Intel systems are enabled, or “PSP fTPM” on AMD devices. As every BIOS
has different settings, you might need to refer to your laptop’s
manual if you’re struggling to find the option.
<<<

Clearly, it was a false alarm. I'll look at the BIOS settings when I
can, but I'm not concerned that I'll be unable to resolve this.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 11:06:09 AM6/25/21
I don't use warez. I paid for Win10, and I will get the upgrade to 11
legitimately.

--
Joel Crump

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 11:18:19 AM6/25/21
>While Microsoft has required TPM support for OEM hardware
>certification since Windows 10, it hasn’t actively required Windows to
>have this fully enabled. That’s changing in Windows 11, and it means
>if your laptop or PC shipped without these BIOS options enabled then
>you’re going to have to go searching for a setting to switch on.
>
>“Almost every CPU in the last 5-7 years has a TPM,” explains David
>Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft.

??? It's in the CPU, now? That's news to me! I thought it had to be
a seperated thing on the motherboard.

More research required.

--
'Seeing how [chrisv] automatically judges anyone who's successful as a
"liar, cheater, immoral, crook, filth, scum, dirty, etc"' - trolling

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 11:20:32 AM6/25/21
Joel wrote:

>>I'm 100% sure you'll be OK to run Win11.
>
>Probably, based on what I read. If not, it would be an utter
>travesty, though.

I don't know... From the way you've been behaving, I'd half expect
you to be suicidal.

--
"Has the definition of open/free become 'you can customize/modify the
open and free product however you want as long as one company approves

chrisv

Jun 25, 2021, 11:25:52 AM6/25/21
Why not just add the module, since your mobo has the header for it?

--
"98 percent, and I am being generous, of the computer users ignore
desktop Linux despite it being free. Ask yourself why." - flathead,

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 12:00:13 PM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>>I'm 100% sure you'll be OK to run Win11.
>>
>>Probably, based on what I read. If not, it would be an utter
>>travesty, though.
>
>I don't know... From the way you've been behaving, I'd half expect
>you to be suicidal.

Lol, I dunno if it's quite *that* important, it was just that at first
I honestly thought I had built a new computer that would be shut out
of the upgrade less than a year later - I'm glad to discover that's
not true.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 12:01:15 PM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>While Microsoft has required TPM support for OEM hardware
>>certification since Windows 10, it hasn’t actively required Windows to
>>have this fully enabled. That’s changing in Windows 11, and it means
>>if your laptop or PC shipped without these BIOS options enabled then
>>you’re going to have to go searching for a setting to switch on.
>>
>>“Almost every CPU in the last 5-7 years has a TPM,” explains David
>>Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft.
>
>??? It's in the CPU, now? That's news to me! I thought it had to be
>a seperated thing on the motherboard.
>
>More research required.

I had barely heard of it until today (it rang a bell, vaguely), but in
any event, it seems I should be able to enable it.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 12:02:27 PM6/25/21
chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>>M$ has no _obligation_ to support hardware that was built and sold
>>>before their new OS comes out. However, they generally _want_ to
>>>support older hardware, thus my skepticism that TPM is really
>>>"required".
>>
>>The app said I can't upgrade, but presumably that will change once I
>>boot into the BIOS settings and enable it, as the article I posted
>>demonstrates.
>
>Why not just add the module, since your mobo has the header for it?

I would definitely do so if necessary.

--
Joel Crump

Rabid Roach

Jun 25, 2021, 1:12:43 PM6/25/21
On 2021-06-24 11:01 p.m., rbowman wrote:
> On 06/24/2021 11:38 AM, Joel wrote:
>> https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/24/22546801/microsoft-windows-11-free-upgrade-details
>>

>> "All you’ll need is a PC that meets the minimum hardware requirements
>> for Windows 11, which is now a 64-bit CPU, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of
>> storage."
>>

>> Yeah, I never would've guessed that the hardware requirements would
>> ratchet up like that, given that in reality they already have under
>> Win10.
>>

> The MS page has a link to an app to check your machine. A friend ran it
> and it said his 4 year old gaming computer was not suitable although it
> didn't say why.

It might be because his video card isn't DirectX12 compatible. I noticed
that it was one of the requirements in the minimum part.

> I forget all the specs but it has an i7, 32 GB of RAM, a 1TB SSD, and
> what was a hot NVidia graphics card 4 years ago.
>
> I tried it on my new work machine but it only said updates are
> administered by IT. I haven't tried it on my laptop.
>
> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11
>
> The link is towards the bottom of the page.

I also notice that it seems to require a TPM 2.0 chip. I'm not sure why
that would be required but it suggests that security is going to be
significantly heightened this time around.

--
Rabid Roach
Immune to all of your __ist labels.

Rabid Roach

Jun 25, 2021, 1:52:32 PM6/25/21
On 2021-06-25 7:39 a.m., Joel wrote:
> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> A TPM is required??? That would rule-out the majority of desktop
>> PC's...
>

> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
> after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
> they leave all these people behind? I think a class-action lawsuit
> might be in order. I'll be damned if I just built this thing to be
> stuck with an older version that will be out of support in a few short
> years. This is completely unacceptable.

They will probably allow you to use it but with reduced graphics or
something of the sort. Besides, considering how similar 10 and 11 are, I
doubt that they will kill off support for 10 just because they're
focusing on 11.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 2:01:04 PM6/25/21
It's clearly a false alarm, as was detailed later in the thread.
I just need to boot into the BIOS settings to fix it.

--
Joel Crump

Rabid Roach

Jun 25, 2021, 2:20:54 PM6/25/21
If it's a TPM issue, you don't need to go into the BIOS at all. You can
have Windows 10 bypass the need for the chip itself in the
configuration. There are sites showing you how to do so. In fact, I did
it all the time to encrypt the data on my previous laptop which didn't
have said chip.

Joel

Jun 25, 2021, 2:24:35 PM6/25/21
Rabid Roach <ra...@roa.ch> wrote:

>>> They will probably allow you to use it but with reduced graphics or
>>> something of the sort. Besides, considering how similar 10 and 11 are, I
>>> doubt that they will kill off support for 10 just because they're
>>> focusing on 11.
>>
>> It's clearly a false alarm, as was detailed later in the thread.
>> I just need to boot into the BIOS settings to fix it.
>
>If it's a TPM issue, you don't need to go into the BIOS at all. You can
>have Windows 10 bypass the need for the chip itself in the
>configuration. There are sites showing you how to do so. In fact, I did
>it all the time to encrypt the data on my previous laptop which didn't
>have said chip.

Win10 isn't requiring it to be enabled, but I will need to enable it
to be able to upgrade to Win11.

--
Joel Crump

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:04:29 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 08:18 AM, DFS wrote:
> On 6/25/2021 9:55 AM, rbowman wrote:
>> On 06/25/2021 07:36 AM, DFS wrote:
>
>>> For such a big company, I do think MS falls way short in tech support.
>>> I see a lot of their support boards manned by unpaid MVPs. I asked one
>>> MS guy a question online about an API and he came back with "What's an
>>> API?"
>>

>> One of the arguments our clients have against Linux is 'but, but, it's
>> not supported!'
>
> Does your company build Linux apps? Do you get requests for them?

Most of our core products build on Linux and we often use our Linux
boxes for debugging. efence, valgrind, and other tools beat the hell out
of the pricy and complicated Purify in my opinion.

That's not surprising since the original target was RS6000/AIX. Clients
got tired of IBM prices and migrated to Windows. We did have two sites
that used Linux for the back end servers because the sysadmins liked
Linux. The sysadmins move on or retire and it's back to Windows.

I do a lot of work with ESRI and while they've made noises about cross
platform they're entwined with SQL Server and COM for their API. About
10 years ago they tried to sort of emulate COM with a Java layer on
Linux and it was a disaster.

The new products we're introducing are browser based. I think Safari is
a little iffy but otherwise the clients run on anything.

There is one little irony. Many sites use Stratus' everRun high
availability and fault tolerant systems. Windows runs in a VM but if you
look down in the cellar it's RedHat and KVM running the show.

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:07:05 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 09:04 AM, Joel wrote:
> “Almost every CPU in the last 5-7 years has a TPM,” explains David
> Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft. Weston is
> recommending that Windows 10 users failing Microsoft’s Windows 11
> upgrade checker requirements should ensure BIOS options for “PTT” on
> Intel systems are enabled, or “PSP fTPM” on AMD devices. As every BIOS
> has different settings, you might need to refer to your laptop’s
> manual if you’re struggling to find the option.

I haven't personally checked but I read today that while the CPU may
have TPM you can't get there with Dell boxes. If so, I smell a BIOS
update in the pipes from Dell.

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:08:18 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 09:18 AM, chrisv wrote:
>> While Microsoft has required TPM support for OEM hardware
>> certification since Windows 10, it hasn’t actively required Windows to
>> have this fully enabled. That’s changing in Windows 11, and it means
>> if your laptop or PC shipped without these BIOS options enabled then
>> you’re going to have to go searching for a setting to switch on.
>>
>> “Almost every CPU in the last 5-7 years has a TPM,” explains David
>> Weston, director of enterprise and OS security at Microsoft.
> ??? It's in the CPU, now? That's news to me! I thought it had to be
> a seperated thing on the motherboard.

Either way. Beware: scalpers have cornered to hardware TPM market.
Yesterday's $20 module may go for $100 today.

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:10:08 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 08:08 AM, chrisv wrote:
> M$ has no _obligation_ to support hardware that was built and sold
> before their new OS comes out. However, they generally _want_ to
> support older hardware, thus my skepticism that TPM is really
> "required".

BitLocker may be the driving force so it may be more for Pro than Home.

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:11:23 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 09:25 AM, chrisv wrote:
> Joel wrote:
>
>> chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> M$ has no _obligation_ to support hardware that was built and sold
>>> before their new OS comes out. However, they generally _want_ to
>>> support older hardware, thus my skepticism that TPM is really
>>> "required".
>>

>> The app said I can't upgrade, but presumably that will change once I
>> boot into the BIOS settings and enable it, as the article I posted
>> demonstrates.
>
> Why not just add the module, since your mobo has the header for it?

Because the scalpers are on it like white on rice?

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:13:12 AM6/26/21
On 06/25/2021 11:12 AM, Rabid Roach wrote:
> I also notice that it seems to require a TPM 2.0 chip. I'm not sure why
> that would be required but it suggests that security is going to be
> significantly heightened this time around.

It's the infamous Clipper chip with a brand new designation. (Only
fooling. I think. I'll let the Q people run with the idea.)

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 12:15:28 AM6/26/21
There's another gotcha with UEFI if you installed to BIOS. A new cottage
industry opens up. Granddad ain't going to be able to deal with it.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jun 26, 2021, 3:29:25 AM6/26/21
As I understand it, Bowman maintains Linux apps
that run on Windows servers for Windows clients,
transitioning to webpages.

HHI the imaginary friend

Jun 26, 2021, 7:39:47 AM6/26/21
Rod Speed claimed the text mining were entirely consistent with many of the
forgeries. Interesting, why is he having such trouble backing his assertion
up when asked to do so? In other words, if his statement was actually true,
and not just a fruitless attempt to come to RonBs rescue? If Rod Speed calls
getting shoved into kill filters time and time again for years on end by
RonB and me successful 'trolling', then fine... he is a first-class troll.
I can't agree with that view, I use another term. I call Rod Speed an out-
and-out peabrain. So, yeah, I buy into my own inner world, fully knowing
it would never be discovered by others, because it makes me reconsider my
script, improving it.

You are nine seconds away from being in my kill filter.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You!!
<https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/results?name=4234911448&Diesel_Gremlin_Dustin_James_Cook>

Steven Carroll

Jun 26, 2021, 11:22:43 AM6/26/21
Why would you want to restrict all commands on Mint to what can be done
on Windows?

One day, if you bother to look... you would see that Peter the Klöwn's
game is to 'unemotionally' incite people and then play 'dupe'. "Somewhere
between 1993 or 2004 I trusted Steven Petruzzellis - the completely irrational
liar" - Peter the Klöwn.

-
Best CMS Solution of 2017!!
Automate Google Groups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQ4Tg0r0g0
https://swisscows.com/web?query=%22racist%20swine%22
Steve Petruzzellis the Racist Swine

Gremlin the Functionally Illiterate Fraud

Jun 26, 2021, 11:54:02 AM6/26/21
Any heinously desperate sleep deprived whacko could easily do the same.

Just look at what HWSNBN has posted and look at mine, there is nothing
for us to learn from a jerk like HWSNBN. But knock yourself out, let him
keep making an idiot of himself. I am sure one of his stooges will come
to the rescue.

Pay for a record check on HWSNBN and you will see that he was in prison
more than once. Who knows what he did? The probes don't go into that degree
of specificity and court records need to be court ordered. HWSNBN lies so
frequently that he has a impossible time keeping record of his dishonesty.
Or his shills for that matter. HWSNBN should realize everyone knows he is
just lying!

--
Best CMS Solution of 2017!!
<http://web.archive.org/web/20200911090855/https://www.usphonebook.com/423-

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 12:54:21 PM6/26/21
Le 25-06-2021, DFS <nos...@dfs.com> a écrit :

> "Productivity is the last thing desktop Linux users care about or ever
> attain; Linux is all about tinkering and updating and compiling and
> rearranging and testing and configuring."
>

> FACTS

It's very fast to launch an update of the system. It takes me less than
a minute a week.

Rearranging and configuring are great possibilities, it takes time only
at the beginning.

The ultimate purpose is productivity. To be able to have things in my
way instead of having to learn everything again and again with each new
version.

If you looks only at the niceties, they are not all the same. For
example, if you look at <https://wayfire.org/> it's nice but there is
nothing useful in it. I'd say it's distractive and counter-productive.

But when you look at the cursor of neovide on the third image:
<https://lib.rs/gh/kethku/neovide/neovide> it's really great. It really
helps to follow the cursor when you move it or when you switch windows as
in the fifth image. The easier it is to follow the cursor, the easier it
is to concentrate on your work.

--
Si vous avez du temps à perdre :
https://scarpet42.gitlab.io

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 1:02:13 PM6/26/21
Le 25-06-2021, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
> after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
> they leave all these people behind?

There's nothing new under the sun.

> I think a class-action lawsuit might be in order.

MS has been able to be in law suit from the US government for at least
ten years. I'm not sure they are afraid of you. You should buy a new
computer able to use W11 like everyone else since decades now. It'll
cost you less money and the result will be better for you.

rbowman

Jun 26, 2021, 1:14:00 PM6/26/21
https://esj.com/articles/1999/02/17/mortice-kern-systems-acquires-datafocus.aspx

PTC bought the merged company in 2010, but we've been using since our
clients transitioned to Windows. NutCRACKER is a runtime environment
similar to Cygwin. We also use PTC's X server so the GUIs are Motif. To
the casual user they're just another app that doesn't quite have the
Windows look and feel.

That's where you get into user expectations like the Windows 11 shiny
new look. The product is fully functional and meets all the needs but it
looks 'dated'.

There is a parallel product dating from about 2000 that addresses the
cross platform issue and is written in Java. It doesn't look like native
Windows either. As for Java, I had hopes back in the last century but
it's become a bloated pita. Most of my native Windows work now is C#.
Microsoft learned from the Visual J++ project, which wasn't really that
bad.

But as things go I'm confident a web interface built using Angular
Material will be 'dated' about three weeks after it is release.

I shudder when I go to a website I've used for years and they announce
they are launching a completely redesigned page. The content is exactly
the same but now you can't find it.

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 1:14:22 PM6/26/21
Le 25-06-2021, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
> retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
> such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
> support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
> them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
> my face around here again.

I really have difficulties to follow the way you thing. First, if you
payed to have some support, why do you refuse to use it? Second, if you
use it what obliges you to tell it here?

Hummer

Jun 26, 2021, 1:30:08 PM6/26/21
=?UTF-8?Q?St=C3=A9phane?= CARPENTIER <s...@fiat-linux.fr> wrote in
What a dickhead you are.

Joel

Jun 26, 2021, 2:38:47 PM6/26/21
Stéphane CARPENTIER <s...@fiat-linux.fr> wrote:

>> Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
>> retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
>> such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
>> support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
>> them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
>> my face around here again.
>
>I really have difficulties to follow the way you thing. First, if you
>payed to have some support, why do you refuse to use it? Second, if you
>use it what obliges you to tell it here?

Well, I wanted the retail copy of Win10 for other reasons than getting
tech support. I wanted to buy it directly from Microsoft, not Newegg
or another site/store, and I wanted total flexibility with how I would
use it. As for how it relates to being here, it's bad enough that I
stopped using Linux (though I do remain an "advocate"), it'd be even
worse if I were unable to solve my own issue with the software, to the
point that I had to call Microsoft for help.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 26, 2021, 2:39:43 PM6/26/21
Not really, he wanted to ask me questions for clarification, I don't
have a problem with that.

--
Joel Crump

Joel

Jun 26, 2021, 2:41:19 PM6/26/21
Stéphane CARPENTIER <s...@fiat-linux.fr> wrote:

>> Well God damn. It looks like my brand new computer *can't* run Win11,
>> after all. I somehow missed that, yesterday. How in the world can
>> they leave all these people behind?
>
>There's nothing new under the sun.
>
>> I think a class-action lawsuit might be in order.
>
>MS has been able to be in law suit from the US government for at least
>ten years. I'm not sure they are afraid of you. You should buy a new
>computer able to use W11 like everyone else since decades now. It'll
>cost you less money and the result will be better for you.

It turned out that it's a simple fix for this issue. I will be able
to upgrade.

--
Joel Crump

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 2:43:45 PM6/26/21
I know that, but it doesn't answer my questions.

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 2:50:03 PM6/26/21
Le 26-06-2021, Hummer <hummerm...@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> What a dickhead you are.

By the way, it's the first time I notice your pseudo. Do you have a lot
of pseudos or do you only write about COVID and political crap? If so
I'm really pleased with your compliment.

Stéphane CARPENTIER

Jun 26, 2021, 2:56:04 PM6/26/21
Le 26-06-2021, Joel <joel...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Stéphane CARPENTIER <s...@fiat-linux.fr> wrote:
>
>>> Keep in mind that Microsoft's official tech support is *only* for
>>> retail copies of Windows - otherwise, the OEM is required to provide
>>> such support. Since my copy of Win10 is retail, I am entitled to
>>> support from Microsoft, but of course I would never in my life call
>>> them for that. If I were going to resort to that, I could never show
>>> my face around here again.
>>
>>I really have difficulties to follow the way you thing. First, if you
>>payed to have some support, why do you refuse to use it? Second, if you
>>use it what obliges you to tell it here?
>

> Well, I wanted the retail copy of Win10 for other reasons than getting
> tech support.

You retail copy for your own reasons. But if support comes with a bonus,
why refusing it?

> I wanted to buy it directly from Microsoft, not Newegg
> or another site/store, and I wanted total flexibility with how I would
> use it.

Total flexibility with a Microsoft product? Never see anything close.

> As for how it relates to being here, it's bad enough that I
> stopped using Linux (though I do remain an "advocate"), it'd be even
> worse if I were unable to solve my own issue with the software, to the
> point that I had to call Microsoft for help.

Still don't get it. You believe you know everything about everything and
never need any help? FR claims it, but it's only a claim and nobody can
seriously pretend it.

Joel

Jun 26, 2021, 3:01:43 PM6/26/21

>>>I really have difficulties to follow the way you thing. First, if you
>>>payed to have some support, why do you refuse to use it? Second, if you
>>>use it what obliges you to tell it here?
>>
>> Well, I wanted the retail copy of Win10 for other reasons than getting
>> tech support.
>
>You retail copy for your own reasons. But if support comes with a bonus,
>why refusing it?

I just don't feel that I should require that kind of help with
Windows. It's meant for people who are not very knowledgeable.

>> I wanted to buy it directly from Microsoft, not Newegg
>> or another site/store, and I wanted total flexibility with how I would
>> use it.
>
>Total flexibility with a Microsoft product? Never see anything close.

You may have a point, there.

>> As for how it relates to being here, it's bad enough that I
>> stopped using Linux (though I do remain an "advocate"), it'd be even
>> worse if I were unable to solve my own issue with the software, to the
>> point that I had to call Microsoft for help.
>
>Still don't get it. You believe you know everything about everything and
>never need any help? FR claims it, but it's only a claim and nobody can
>seriously pretend it.

I don't know everything, no. But if I can't solve a problem by
Googling or reading documentation, or experimenting, then I seriously
doubt calling Microsoft on the phone will be better.

--
Joel Crump

Hummer

Jun 26, 2021, 3:27:17 PM6/26/21

> Le 26-06-2021, Hummer <hummerm...@hotmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> What a dickhead you are.
>
> By the way, it's the first time I notice your pseudo. Do you have
> a lot of pseudos or do you only write about COVID and political
> crap? If so I'm really pleased with your compliment.

Happy to oblige.

Ivan Ho

Jun 26, 2021, 3:50:49 PM6/26/21
Why do you have the same organization field as snit does?

Hmmm.

--
Ivan Ho

RonB

Jun 26, 2021, 6:01:27 PM6/26/21
Uh oh, another of "Snit's" socks has gotten lose. His tiny little brain has
trouble keeping track of all of them. Too bad he doesn't know how to use a
database. (That's probably his next project, once he finally figures out
what a "folder" is.)

--
Saudis bomb & starve Yemeni civilians: (crickets)
Yemenis attack Saudi oil facilities: TERRORISM!

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jun 26, 2021, 6:55:41 PM6/26/21
You (Bowman) replied ( to me ):
> > Transitioning to webpages.
>
> I shudder when I go to a website I've used for years and
> they announce they are launching a completely redesigned page.
> The content is exactly the same but now you can't find it.

I agree, "updates" are a serious problem.

SneakerNet had its advantages.

Rabid Roach

Jun 26, 2021, 7:26:32 PM6/26/21
Michael Glasser, the Parasite of Prescott, Arizona, prefers that people
refer to him as Shit. Anything less would be uncivilized.

--
Rabid Roach
Immune to all of your __ist labels.

pothead

Jun 26, 2021, 7:50:52 PM6/26/21
Snit is probably over medicated again.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

STALKING_TARGET_15

Jun 27, 2021, 1:33:07 AM6/27/21
Why would Steve the Racist Swine Carroll need socks? He is the one who
supplies facts for his side of the "debates". How long has this debate
been going on? Steve the Racist Swine Carroll shared a specific series
of doxing files several times now, and invited Diesel to show which ones
aren't true and provide the testimony to support his allegation. No way
has Diesel done so. His wish is to see me annoyed by the spraying of the
groups outside. And hey, that could happen.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
https://www.bing.com/search?q=%22racist%20swine%22

Diesel / Gremlin Cook

Jun 27, 2021, 5:33:35 AM6/27/21
On Saturday, June 26, 2021 at 3:55:41 PM UTC-7, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote:
Nothing's altered since the last time you puked this up, with the exception
Snit sock The Thing is claiming a false checkmark hit from a piece of software
not written by or controlled by the BitDefender author 'lied' to you.

I'm guessing, after ignoring all the socks from Snit sock The Thing, it
is principally just two flooders authoring the vast majority of the disruption.
It is blatant. And both absolutely deranged loons. Snit sock The Thing must
appreciate that anyone can go get FileMaker, right, sicko? And, of course,
anyone can can set a KF, which renders *his* trolling meaningless, just like
Snit sock The Thing ;) Snit sock The Thing is *still* focusing on ONLY himself,
as I predicted, when it comes to the topic of forgery. And he completely
ducks the proof that his "partner" has not only confessed to engaging in
that against The Flying Spaghetti Monster but he's said he deems it to be
no real deal... a non-issue.

--
Do not click this link!!
https://www.bing.com/search?q=dustin+cook+the+functionally+illiterate+fraud

RonB

Jun 27, 2021, 8:29:50 AM6/27/21
On 2021-06-26, Rabid Roach <ra...@roa.ch> wrote:
But that's an insult to shit.

Rabid Roach

Jun 27, 2021, 9:15:52 AM6/27/21
On 2021-06-26 7:50 p.m., pothead wrote:
> On 2021-06-26, Rabid Roach <ra...@roa.ch> wrote:

>>> Uh oh, another of "Snit's" socks has gotten lose. His tiny little brain has
>>> trouble keeping track of all of them. Too bad he doesn't know how to use a
>>> database. (That's probably his next project, once he finally figures out
>>> what a "folder" is.)
>>
>> Michael Glasser, the Parasite of Prescott, Arizona, prefers that people
>> refer to him as Shit. Anything less would be uncivilized.
>
> Snit is probably over medicated again.

I doubt that he can afford to do anything other than sniff gas from a
brown bag on welfare.

Rabid Roach

Jun 27, 2021, 9:31:30 AM6/27/21
I'm sure that shit, nowadays renamed Antifa and Black Lives Matter, will
destroy cars, burn buildings and assault police at the suggestion that
they are somehow associated to Michael Glasser, admittedly.

RonB

Jun 27, 2021, 9:45:31 AM6/27/21
Unlike "Snit," real shit (manure) serves a useful purpose. It's used for
fertilizer.

pothead

Jun 27, 2021, 10:14:07 AM6/27/21
If he/she/it wasn't such a nasty individual I would feel sorry for
he/she/it because obviously there is something seriously fucked up in
his cranium and probably due to long term use of medication.
As it stands he/she/it will reap what he/she/it sows.

Rabid Roach

Jun 27, 2021, 10:45:33 AM6/27/21
And in the dickhead known as chrisv's case, food.

Snit

Jun 27, 2021, 3:44:52 PM6/27/21
Ever since I pointed out how you made some false claims about PCLOS you
have been lashing out. Is it not past time for you to forgive yourself?

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Snit

Jun 27, 2021, 3:44:52 PM6/27/21
Perhaps you’re thinking of the terrorist attacked of Jan 6 which Trump
helped incite?

Snit

Jun 27, 2021, 3:44:53 PM6/27/21
You still are sharing a brain. Weird.

Smit

Jun 27, 2021, 10:04:05 PM6/27/21
This is what Carroll does: he points to comment ABOUT people (made from
real people or socks), no matter how unsupported, and calls that evedence
even as he ignores what the target of his accusations actually has said.

Meanwhile I just point to what Carroll says:

<rrdeqo$kog$1...@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>

And the reply:

<zctCH.2588$rY1...@fx40.iad>

Carroll admits to, at the very least, threats of harassing my employer,
then tries to minimize it by saying multiple posts somehow count as just
"one incident" of his outrageous behavior.

Then Carroll bizarrely insists people should WANT to be harassed by him
because that gives them a chance to prove they are innocent. Utter insanity!

He directly admits to the threats but tries to pretend he did not follow
through, but he gives away his game with this comment:

-----
...here you *still* are, trying to make it appear that *I* should
feel guilty for blowing the whistle
-----
He refers to his harassment as "blowing the whistle" -- but does not speak
of feeling guilty IF he had done so, but speaks about HAVING done so. He
tried to deny it, but then made it clear he harassed my employer.

To add more support to his admission there, he claims to not understand
how harassing people is bad, or how innocent people can be harmed by his
harassment. He admits he cannot see what is wrong with such harassment,
but then pretends he was stopped by some anonymous Jiminy Cricket who made
him rethink how wrong his actions are. Why does he contradict himself so
much?

In short: He proves much of what I have been saying about him right there.
His words. No need to dig back.

After he screwed up, and as predicted, "new" people showed up. While he
currently is denying he uses such socks, in the past he has admitted to
it:

<d278fe60-ce88-403d...@googlegroups.com>
-----
I faked those Mac accounts, (i.e Toasty) because you
deserved it
-----

Yeah, he does bad things because his victims deserve it. That is his worldview...
he needs his anonymous Jiminy Cricket to stop him. He cannot stop himself.

-
Do not click this link!!
https://swisscows.com/web?query=steve%20carroll%20%22racist%20swine%22
<https://www.usphonebook.com/423-491-1448?Dustin-Cook&Diesel&Gremlin>
https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=%22racist%20swine%22
Dustin Cook the functionally illiterate fraud

Steven Carroll - frelwizzen

Jun 28, 2021, 12:13:08 AM6/28/21
F. Russell just has a bunch of completely unsubstantiated allegations
and he knows it, so his game is to repeat his lies repeatedly and engage
'people' (who are either socks or shills) to 'back' that lies to disorient
his audience. Is Dustin Cook jealous about the F. Russell having three
peer reviews papers warning people about what it is, vs the single one
he earned? And in reply you have nothing but an attempt to start a circus.

Hell, just recently he was declaring himself the only "true Linux advocate",
and claiming that "advocates" (in irony-quotes just to annoy Dustin Cook)
are trying to make Linux become like the Mac. Right, F. Russell is looking
to retail an HTML variable, which Dustin Cook can get in seconds, that
is grade school simple. If he could stop being so lost he'd get how stupid
he appears.

--
Eight things to never feed your cat!
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Steve%20Petruzzellis%20racist%20swine