Another Biden Boner--Ships Wait and Wait

Dave Sundersen

Oct 13, 2021, 5:10:41 PM10/13/21
Have you had enough of Joe Biden's America yet?
I sure hope you have.

Trump is looking pretty good at this point.

<https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/13/white-house-cannot-
guarantee-christmas-packages-will-arrive-time/>

"White House ‘Cannot Guarantee’ Christmas Packages Will Arrive on
Time"

"The White House admitted Wednesday they were unable to guarantee
packages would arrive on time this Christmas.

“We are not the postal service, or UPS, or FedEx,” White House press
secretary Jen Psaki said. “We cannot guarantee. What we can do is
use every lever at the federal government’s disposal to reduce
delays.”

Psaki repeatedly posited that the government would work to solve
supply chain issues, especially at American ports where ships are
forced to wait in offshore traffic before they can get unloaded."

"She did not offer many specific actions the government planned to
take, but admitted there were challenges facing the supply chain.

Psaki also could not offer a timeline for when the supply chains
would get resolved or if shipping disruptions would get worse before
it got better

“Look, I can’t make a prediction for you that we’re going to solve
every issue tomorrow and next week. We’re not,” she said."

"The White House proposed Wednesday long-term proposals to ease
traffic at the ports, opening up the Los Angles port to 24/7
operations and supporting states to speed up licensing for truck
drivers.

“We can’t overpromise here, and I’m not going to do that from here
because there are a lot of issues in the supply chain,” Psaki said.

She acknowledged that Americans were suffering from high costs of
food and products, but insisted that Biden was taking the issues
seriously.

“A lot of these issues are not as simple as a one sentence
explanation,” Psaki said."

DFS

Oct 14, 2021, 10:10:10 AM10/14/21
On 10/13/2021 5:10 PM, Dave Sundersen wrote:

> Trump is looking pretty good at this point.

Trump will look good when he's dressed in an orange jumpsuit sitting in
a jail cell, doing 20 years for inciting insurrection, multiple sexual
assaults, and a career full of assorted financial crimes.

RabidHussar

Oct 14, 2021, 10:34:30 AM10/14/21
Wow, I didn't realize that the "D" in DFS stood for "Delusional."

Hrmm... Delusional Fucking Sociopath. :)

--
@RabidHussar

Jeff-Relf.Me

Oct 14, 2021, 10:36:13 AM10/14/21
DFS:
> Trump will look good when he's dressed in an orange jumpsuit
> sitting in a jail cell, doing 20 years for inciting insurrection

Who would mourn the loss of Capitol Hill ?

Just Wondering

Oct 14, 2021, 12:16:42 PM10/14/21
DFS has TDS.

RabidHussar

Oct 14, 2021, 1:31:50 PM10/14/21
I'm starting to imagine him as a fat, neck-bearded guy with glasses who
wears a pink pussy hat.

--
@RabidHussar

-hh

Oct 14, 2021, 3:11:00 PM10/14/21
I hear that there's room in Gitmo .. and that that's also waterfront /s

What I find ironic about the whole supply chain bit is that it is classically
the Republican posture that Capitalism is infallible and they oppose all
Government meddling into the operations of Enterprise ...

... but here they are, whining that the Government *isn't* meddling.

-hh

Snit Michael Glasser

Oct 14, 2021, 4:12:53 PM10/14/21
Ryan 'The Flooder' Sullivan says I'm not 'able' to call out their crap, and
they aren't going to be held accountable for any prior trolling they caused.
Instead, I'm expected to ignore it all, and play make believe with them so
they can just rehash the game all over again, while they accept no responsibility
for what they say and do online towards myself and others?

Can you stop asking for my attention?

Michael Glasser Snit shared a specific series of sites several times now,
and invited Ryan 'The Flooder' Sullivan to show which ones aren't accurate
and provide the testimony to back his claim. At no time has Ryan 'The Flooder'
Sullivan done so. I want Ryan 'The Flooder' Sullivan to support their socking
accusation. Let's see the message ID Ryan 'The Flooder' Sullivan. When I
accused Ryan 'The Flooder' Sullivan of flooding as Michael Glasser Snit I
actually supported it with links.

-
Curious how these posts are made? Email: fretw...@gmail.com

Snit Michael Glasser

Oct 14, 2021, 6:53:16 PM10/14/21
We're all sorry Snit Glasser Michael's a paranoid, narcissistic, delusional
liar but that's not gonna change anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

No no. Snit Glasser Michael never agreed to stop flooding. He lied about
his trolling which surprised nobody. If you have 'some_file.pdf' open
in a word processor such as Cooledit and you want to change its name
to 'windows.pdf' via a bash script, that might be wise.

Is Nospam envious about Snit Glasser Michael having six web pages warning
people about what he is, vs the single one he earned?

--
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about
him. He clearly wants the attention"

chrisv

Oct 14, 2021, 7:17:50 PM10/14/21
-hh wrote:

>What I find ironic about the whole supply chain bit is that it is classically
>the Republican posture that Capitalism is infallible and they oppose all
>Government meddling into the operations of Enterprise ...

What I think is funny is all these companies and their "just in time"
manufacturing model. Sure, it's saves inventory costs, when things
are running like a well-oiled machine. But the Suez gets stuffed-up
for a few days and it's a disaster.

Then, when something even bigger happens, it's a fscking calamity that
costs untold $billions and supply shortages up the ying-yang.

And one company in Taiwan makes about HALF of the world's
semiconductors! What happens if we get cut off from that?

--
"chrisv, you and I both know that I'm not a liar." - "Slimer", lying
shamelessly

-hh

Oct 14, 2021, 7:29:58 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:17:50 PM UTC-4, chrisv wrote:
> -hh wrote:
>
> >What I find ironic about the whole supply chain bit is that it is classically
> >the Republican posture that Capitalism is infallible and they oppose all
> >Government meddling into the operations of Enterprise ...
> What I think is funny is all these companies and their "just in time"
> manufacturing model. Sure, it's saves inventory costs, when things
> are running like a well-oiled machine. But the Suez gets stuffed-up
> for a few days and it's a disaster.
>
> Then, when something even bigger happens, it's a fscking calamity that
> costs untold $billions and supply shortages up the ying-yang.

Precisely. JIT is cheaper but brittle.

> And one company in Taiwan makes about HALF of the world's
> semiconductors! What happens if we get cut off from that?

Screwed. Only good news there is that they’ve already told China that if
invaded, they’ll sabotage their foundries & evacuate the ~150 key personnel
who can fix them on a single flight…that threat is probably more credible than
promises of US military intervention.

-hh

pothead

Oct 14, 2021, 8:02:57 PM10/14/21
On 2021-10-14, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> -hh wrote:
>
>>What I find ironic about the whole supply chain bit is that it is classically
>>the Republican posture that Capitalism is infallible and they oppose all
>>Government meddling into the operations of Enterprise ...
>
> What I think is funny is all these companies and their "just in time"
> manufacturing model. Sure, it's saves inventory costs, when things
> are running like a well-oiled machine. But the Suez gets stuffed-up
> for a few days and it's a disaster.

Valid point.
Auto manufacturers are notorious for "just in time" parts supplies.

> Then, when something even bigger happens, it's a fscking calamity that
> costs untold $billions and supply shortages up the ying-yang.
>
> And one company in Taiwan makes about HALF of the world's
> semiconductors! What happens if we get cut off from that?

The USA has lost control of manufacturing and sold out to the Asia
Pacific companies all in the name of saving money and maximizing
profits for the shareholders.

This was so evident during the early days of the pandemic where PPE
could not be supplied because guess who controlled the market.

Trump was trying to bring manufacturing back to the USA along with
energy independence. He was somewhat successful but overall I think
he failed.

Biden OTOH is making a complete mess of things. People don't realize
that confidence in world leaders plays a role in stock prices,
interest rates, manufacturing and literally everything financial.
When the market gets skittish, bad things can happen.
It's not all a matter of factual data because if that were true,
everyone with a high powered computer could game the market.

If Biden were smart, and he's not, he would immediately cease the
begging OPEC and oil/gas companies and stop the blame game while
instituting a "Made In America" program on a huge scale where for
example chip manufacturing was brought back to the USA.

Dump some of the social program pork in his various trillion dollar
bills and work the America first angle.
He would be a hero.

And most people would gladly pay a little more to have goods
manufactured here in the USA rather than being at the mercy of
foreign actors.

IMHO Biden could turn his disastrous presidency around with one
major speech promoting America first, manufacturing brought back to
America and leaving China etc.

Incentives to corporations to return to USA and stiff penalties for
those who set up shop for tax reasons in places like Ireland.
No trickle down bullshit either because that is just a scam to enrich
the already rich.

We need to stop being held hostage to other countries.
One day it's chips for everything from cars to microwaves and the
next day it's toilet paper.
It has to stop.

This would be my advice to Biden.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024

rbowman

Oct 14, 2021, 9:01:36 PM10/14/21
540 useless eaters.

rbowman

Oct 14, 2021, 9:26:25 PM10/14/21
On 10/14/2021 06:02 PM, pothead wrote:
> And most people would gladly pay a little more to have goods
> manufactured here in the USA rather than being at the mercy of
> foreign actors.

It's more than a little more.

https://www.newbalance.com/made-in-the-usa/

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/877v1/MW877V1-6561.html

I just bought a pair of 877's. I had to ask myself if made in the USA
sneakers were worth twice what assembled in the USA goes for. Drop
another $20 and they aren't even assembled in the US.

It's nothing new. Back in '88 I stopped at an auto parts store to get a
bottle jack for the F150 when I realized the OEM jack didn't cut it. I
was bitching about the made in China jack when the guy said he had a
made in USA jack. It was 4 times as much and wouldn't get the pickup any
higher. I'm still using the Chinese jack.

Even further back I was raised to not buy Japanese products since my
brother had been an Marine aviator in the Pacific. It wasn't long before
you bought Japanese or you didn't buy. When my brother came to visit in
the '90s he was towing a Toyota behind the RV. 'Never thought I would do
it...'

pothead

Oct 14, 2021, 9:38:42 PM10/14/21
Competing price wise under the current conditions will yield what you
have stated. However when in country competition is restored, prices
will adjust accordingly.

I had a friend who ran a mom and pop auto parts store. He was kind of
like a private NAPA store catering to dealers, professional
mechanics and so forth.
Much unlike Autozone which sells mostly junk to shade tree weekenders.

He eventually sold the store to a chain, Advanced Auto, because he
got tired of hearing clients complaining about prices. They just
didn't realize there is a difference in quality between brands and
mostly China knock off crap.

And it flowed downhill back to the mechanics who were trying to do
the right thing for their customers but had a difficult time
explaining why a Raybestos rotor was better than a China knock off.

I do think we need to become independent and leave China far behind.
It's the only way to survive.

When the big one hits and China controls chips etc we are screwed.

HHI

Oct 15, 2021, 3:40:58 AM10/15/21
I'm well aware the posts I link to from Reddit is complete dabbler level;
that said, it accomplished what I want. I usually go argument by argument
unless someone has a history of particularly outrageous irrationality. With
Shadow, I already realize what his MO is, all he hungers for is to harm
The Underground Marshmallow Person and, sadly, he'll do ANYTHING to get
it. His favorite routine is to play 'easy mark' but reality shows it's all
of his targets who are his victims.

Do you even believe the idiocy Shadow is posting?

The Underground Marshmallow Person teased Shadow as much as he deserves,
big f*cking deal. Why be a wailing prick about it? How much more time does
Shadow's very stupid arse (a dumb terminal knows more than Shadow and is
useful) need to prove their The Underground Marshmallow Person sock accusation
with proof?

--
Do not click this link!
https://gibiru.com/results.html?q=%22functional%20illiterate%20fraud%22

Stephen

Oct 15, 2021, 5:16:39 AM10/15/21
Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll strikes again.

I have not confirmed that the number: 1-423-491-1448 is the right one for
Rod Speed. I mostly go comment by comment unless someone has a past of exceptionally
extreme irrationality. With Rod Speed, I already realize what his method
is, all he dreams of is attention and, as you have seen, he will do ANYTHING
to get it. His never ending routine is to play 'shill' but reality shows
it's all of the group who are his marks. Perhaps you use it wrong. Do you
not fathom the use of proxies? Socks that Rod Speed can't prove are mine.
Why would David, or anyone, want socks to expose what we all often say about
Rod Speed?

--
E-commerce Simplified
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6sfkup/what_desktop_tasks_does_linux_handle_better_than

chrisv

Oct 15, 2021, 6:12:15 AM10/15/21
pothead wrote:

> chrisv wrote:
>>
>> And one company in Taiwan makes about HALF of the world's
>> semiconductors! What happens if we get cut off from that?
>
>The USA has lost control of manufacturing and sold out to the Asia
>Pacific companies all in the name of saving money and maximizing
>profits for the shareholders.
>
>This was so evident during the early days of the pandemic where PPE
>could not be supplied because guess who controlled the market.

Apparently, they make most of our vaccines and medicines, even! We
are *that* dependant upon them.

People are whining right-now about the availability of Christmas
presents for their kids, this year. You ain't seen nothin', yet,
folks!

>Trump was trying to bring manufacturing back to the USA along with
>energy independence. He was somewhat successful but overall I think
>he failed.

Well there's only so much that he can do. I think that tariffs are
the only thing that we can do.

I'm not a "tariff" sort of guy. I'm for free markets. But this is
different. Those communist fsckers are waging an economic war against
us. We can either pay the cost of fighting them, via tariffs and the
subsequent increase in prices that they cause, or we can "let the good
times roll" until they are so much stronger than us that they can do
*whatever* they want in Asia.

> (yet another "pothead" patented anti-Biden rant, snipped)

-hh

Oct 15, 2021, 7:02:08 AM10/15/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 8:02:57 PM UTC-4, pothead wrote:
> On 2021-10-14, chrisv <chr...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > -hh wrote:
> >
> >>What I find ironic about the whole supply chain bit is that it is classically
> >>the Republican posture that Capitalism is infallible and they oppose all
> >>Government meddling into the operations of Enterprise ...
> >
> > What I think is funny is all these companies and their "just in time"
> > manufacturing model. Sure, it's saves inventory costs, when things
> > are running like a well-oiled machine. But the Suez gets stuffed-up
> > for a few days and it's a disaster.
>
> Valid point.
> Auto manufacturers are notorious for "just in time" parts supplies.

JIT has spread well beyond automakers; its pretty much everywhere
and has been so for over a decade.

> > Then, when something even bigger happens, it's a fscking calamity that
> > costs untold $billions and supply shortages up the ying-yang.
> >
> > And one company in Taiwan makes about HALF of the world's
> > semiconductors! What happens if we get cut off from that?
>
> The USA has lost control of manufacturing and sold out to the Asia
> Pacific companies all in the name of saving money and maximizing
> profits for the shareholders.

Offshoring started in the PC industry under Ronald Regan, because of
his tax incentives. It takes years & years to build up capabilities like a
chip foundry (& talent to run them), so it will take just as long to bring
them back...assuming that we're willing to pay.

> This was so evident during the early days of the pandemic where PPE
> could not be supplied because guess who controlled the market.

Less esoteric stuff can often slide around chasing the cheapest labor;
textiles (clothing) commonly does this ... there will be a ~5 year period
where its all made in Malaysia .. then it moves to Vietnam .. then off to
the next country, etc.

> Trump was trying to bring manufacturing back to the USA along with
> energy independence. He was somewhat successful but overall I think
> he failed.

Where was Trump successful in bringing back any manufacturing? Even
the steel plant stuff wasn't even up to weak sauce: that segment had a
few plants open but more places had layoffs/closures:

<https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-29/steel-industry-faces-a-bleaker-future-than-when-trump-moved-to-rescue-it>

> Biden OTOH is making a complete mess of things. People don't realize
> that confidence in world leaders plays a role in stock prices,
> interest rates, manufacturing and literally everything financial.
> When the market gets skittish, bad things can happen.
> It's not all a matter of factual data because if that were true,
> everyone with a high powered computer could game the market.
>
> If Biden were smart, and he's not, he would immediately cease the
> begging OPEC and oil/gas companies and stop the blame game while
> instituting a "Made In America" program on a huge scale where for
> example chip manufacturing was brought back to the USA.

Enterprise isn't going to do that without them having a financial incentive.
Tariffs don't cut it, so what's your plan?

> Dump some of the social program pork in his various trillion dollar
> bills and work the America first angle.
> He would be a hero.

What one person complains as pork, another sees as a necessity for
being an enabler to employers to get workers. Case in point, the US
lags far behind its counterparts in the aid it gives to families for child
care, which limits families from being able to afford to have both parents
enter the workforce (or more accurately, changes the equation such that
the only time it pays for both to work is when both jobs are superior pay):

<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/upshot/child-care-biden.html>

> And most people would gladly pay a little more to have goods
> manufactured here in the USA rather than being at the mercy of
> foreign actors.

There's no "Buy American" filter on Amazon.com that one can use, and
even if there was, most Americans like the idea but won't open their
wallet all that much to support it.

Case in point, 63% say that they're not willing to pay more than 5% extra:

<https://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahweinswig/2018/04/27/consumer-trends-support-demand-for-made-in-america-but-will-shoppers-pay-up/?sh=5437c5605cf1>

(and only 16% are willing to pay more than +10%)

> IMHO Biden could turn his disastrous presidency around with one
> major speech promoting America first, manufacturing brought back to
> America and leaving China etc.
>
> Incentives to corporations to return to USA and stiff penalties for
> those who set up shop for tax reasons in places like Ireland.
> No trickle down bullshit either because that is just a scam to enrich
> the already rich.

That's already being advanced by Biden with the 15% Global minimum corporate tax:

<https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/business/oecd-global-minimum-tax.html>

Of course, we will have to do something about shutting down South Dakota's tax scamming:

<https://www.theguardian.com/news/2021/oct/04/pandora-papers-reveal-south-dakotas-role-as-367bn-tax-haven>

> We need to stop being held hostage to other countries.
> One day it's chips for everything from cars to microwaves and the
> next day it's toilet paper.
> It has to stop.
>
> This would be my advice to Biden.

-hh

rbowman

Oct 15, 2021, 9:51:45 AM10/15/21
iirc in the original scheme of things the government was going to
finance itself largely through tariffs, which also served to protect the
fledgling US industry.

Then the Democrats decided milking the herd directly was better.
Lincoln's revenue act was repealed about 15 years later but the 16th
Amendment is forever.

Free markets are a unicorn. The argument against tariffs was their use
to favor some industries over the others, but that's the prime function
of government anyway.

Diesel / Gremlin Kook

Oct 15, 2021, 10:21:20 AM10/15/21
I think the point is far from just to get Michael Glasser AKA Snit to listen
to him. The point is likely to piss Michael Glasser AKA Snit off for flooding
outside groups he knows I frequent. Sadly this is what results when really
negative self confidence takes over Just Wondering's mind. Just Wondering
is commonly seen insisting "GOOGLE HAS NOTHING" when it comes to text on
the web where it does exist... but Just Wondering is just too thickheaded
and distracted to recognize any advice he reads. Is Michael Glasser AKA
Snit envious about Just Wondering having three zipped doxing files warning
people about what he is, vs the single one he earned? I don't agree with
that. Lack of education is lack of education and there are all kinds of
people who are of one mind with it. Many are even doctors.

--
Get Rich Slow
https://www.google.com/maps/place/108+Warrior+Dr,+Kingsport,+TN+37663/

Stefen

Oct 15, 2021, 9:15:16 PM10/15/21
Narcissistic Bigot Steve Carroll strikes again. I reported F. Russell years
ago. As expected, it did diddly-squat to slow the kook. Honestly, those
of you who troll are not able to check Snit (a real advocate) anymore.
F. Russell's posts are in fact perfectly duplicitous. There can be no question
that as soon as any exonerated 'person in his KF' does one thing to offend
the namby-pamby's feelings that they will be ignored again. With no support
at all, as is usual for F. Russell. Why do you keep repeating Snit (a real
advocate)?

F. Russell writes all kinds of crap, don't use that blockhead as a reference.

--
Curious how these posts are made? https://youtu.be/hYQ4Tg0r0g0