The Wharf Rats Are Jumping Off Biden's Ship

Mary

Oct 15, 2021, 10:25:19 AM10/15/21
And so it begins. The Biden administration has become disenchanted
with sleepy Joe.

"Biden’s Deputies Resign over Chaotic Immigration Policy: ‘Complete
Lack of Direction’"

<https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/15/bidens-deputies-
resign-chaotic-immigration-policy-complete-lack-direction/>

"A handful of open-border zealots and advocates of immigration
enforcement as a deterrent have quit President Joe Biden’s agencies
amid infighting between the two camps over the president’s chaotic
and unpopular migration policies.

The political turmoil born out of the Haitian migrant caravan that
gathered at a makeshift camp in Del Rio, Texas, laid bare the months-
long internal rift between political appointees with vastly different
views on immigration.

Even leftist outlets highlighted the infighting within the Biden
administration, noting that it had drawn Democrat lawmakers into a
rare political battle with the White House, several of them
lambasting the president over his handling of the Haitian migrant
crisis."

"Biden’s approach to immigration led by officials whose disagreements
have become a hurdle to any solutions appears to be tearing his
administration apart.

President Biden appointed progressives adverse to minimal enforcement
of U.S. immigration laws and relatively “moderate” advocates of using
the law to deter future caravans of illegal aliens to high-level
positions at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

CNN conceded on September 16 that putting both camps in charge of
making consequential decisions triggered the infighting that has
already “stalled decision making on key issues” that may have
prevented the Del Rio debacle.

The vastly different views between the two groups ultimately yielded
a “schizophrenic” and incoherent immigration policy that attempts to
appease both the progressives and the less-radical “others.”

Citing unnamed government officials on September 23, BuzzFeed
reported that a leadership vacuum at DHS had fueled the brewing
tensions over immigration.

“There is a complete lack of direction,” one of 30 unnamed Biden
officials interviewed by BuzzFeed declared.

Officials began to defect from the Biden camp as the DHS grappled
with the thousands of mostly Haitian migrants gathered at the now-
cleared camp in Del Rio from September 12 to 24, among other major
challenges.

Robert Law, the director of regulatory affairs and policy for the
Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), told Breitbart News that both
progressives and “moderate” political appointees are abandoning the
Biden ship.

Alejandro Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security, testifies during
a Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee hearing
May 13, 2021, on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. The committee is
hearing testimony about the Biden administration’s plan to deal with
unaccompanied minors at the Southern U.S. border. (Photo by Graeme
Jennings-Pool/Getty Images)

“The DHS specific resignations were ‘moderate’ political appointees
who tried to be the voice of reason but were rebuffed by the likes of
[DHS Secretary Alejandro] Mayorkas and … the White House,” he said.

“On the other hand, the non-DHS resignations I view as coming from
the far left progressive end who are outraged by even token
enforcement such as sending a small number of Haitians back to
Haiti,” he added.

He warned that the DHS resignations are “troubling because the only
appointees left are extremists who despise immigration enforcement
and want to give the entire world’s population an immigration benefit
here regardless of eligibility.”

On September 13, Karen Olick, the chief of staff to DHS Secretary
Alejandro Mayorkas, announced that she was stepping down to pursue
another undisclosed opportunity.

Migrants are processed by United States Border Patrol after crossing
the US-Mexico border into the United States in Penitas, Texas on July
8, 2021. - Republican lawmakers have slammed Biden for reversing
Trump programs, including his "remain in Mexico" policy, which had
forced thousands of asylum seekers from Central America to stay south
of the US border until their claims were processed. (Photo by PAUL
RATJE / AFP) (Photo by PAUL RATJE/AFP via Getty Images)
Migrants are processed by United States Border Patrol after crossing
the US-Mexico border into the United States in Penitas, Texas on July
8, 2021. (Photo by PAUL RATJE/AFP via Getty Images)

David Shahoulian, a senior Biden official at DHS considered an
influential figure on border matters, announced his resignation the
following day, citing personal reasons.

Two anonymous Biden officials suggested to NBC News that the
administration could have averted the Del Rio situation, noting “that
the debate over starting deportations before the migrant surge in Del
Rio, Texas, was a political battle between progressives and others at
DHS and that the progressives won, delaying deportation flights” that
may have removed the Haitian migrants before they gathered at the
camp.

On September 3, BuzzFeed revealed on social media that John Trasviña,
appointed by Biden to serve as the top attorney at Immigration and
Customs Enforcement (ICE), was leaving the agency, a component of
DHS.

“His planned departure follows another Biden appointee — a lead
spokesperson — who has left ICE,” the reporter added without
providing a name for the spokesperson.

The Department of State was not immune to the resignations.

Senior State Department officials resigned “in protest of the Biden
administration’s policy of forcibly deporting Haitian migrants in
what they described as a cruel and inhumane practice,” Foreign Policy
(FP) reported this month.

“Daniel Foote, the special envoy for Haiti, and Harold Koh, the State
Department’s senior legal advisor, fueled a new political battle
between Biden and his allies in Congress—a rare sign of discord in
the Democratic Party over the president’s foreign-policy agenda,” it
added.

Foote resigned on September 23, saying he will “not be associated
with the United States’ inhumane, counterproductive decision to
deport thousands of Haitian refugees.”

Koh, the only political appointee on the State Department’s legal
team, left his position in early October over Biden’s use of the
pandemic control measure (Title 42) invoked by his predecessor that
allows immigration authorities to deport any migrant, including
asylum-seekers.

On his way out, Koh, who still serves in a consulting role, sent a
scathing internal memo dated October 2 criticizing Biden’s use of
Title 42 as “illegal” and “inhumane,” Politico reported.

Citing interviews with 20 unnamed government officials — including
appointees and career staffers at DHS and the Department of Justice
(DOJ) who focus on immigration, BuzzFeed noted, “To some, the first
seven months of Biden’s administration have yielded a disjointed
approach that pushes some progressive policies while favoring others
that restrict immigration, especially at the border.”

EconomyImmigrationPoliticsAlejandro MayorkasDepartment of Homeland
SecurityDHSHaitian MigrantsICEImmigration and Customs EnforcementJoe
BidenmoderatesProgressives"

--
Mary

charlie freak

Oct 17, 2021, 12:04:21 PM10/17/21
On 2021-10-15, Mary <bothchur...@gmail.org> wrote:
> And so it begins. The Biden administration has become disenchanted
> with sleepy Joe.
>
> "Biden’s Deputies Resign over Chaotic Immigration Policy: ‘Complete
> Lack of Direction’"
>
><https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/15/bidens-deputies-
> resign-chaotic-immigration-policy-complete-lack-direction/>
>
> "A handful of open-border zealots and advocates of immigration
> enforcement as a deterrent have quit President Joe Biden’s agencies
> amid infighting between the two camps over the president’s chaotic
> and unpopular migration policies.
>
> The political turmoil born out of the Haitian migrant caravan that
> gathered at a makeshift camp in Del Rio, Texas, laid bare the months-
> long internal rift between political appointees with vastly different
> views on immigration.
>
> Even leftist outlets highlighted the infighting within the Biden
> administration, noting that it had drawn Democrat lawmakers into a
> rare political battle with the White House, several of them
> lambasting the president over his handling of the Haitian migrant
> crisis."

Can you blame them?
Quick, name a single decision Biden has made that has benefited the
people of the USA.
He is a massive idiot.

--
Charlie Freak