How to remove the source package

Benson

Mar 15, 2005, 1:12:14 AM3/15/05

I install an program from the source code; how can I uninstall it ?

I am using the fedora core 3.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Keith Keller

Mar 15, 2005, 1:36:51 AM3/15/05
On 2005-03-15, Benson <bens...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

> I install an program from the source code; how can I uninstall it ?

If the program has an uninstall make target, simply do

make uninstall

from the source directory. If it doesn't, you have to read the
Makefile yourself and figure out what make install did.

> I am using the fedora core 3.

Doesn't matter--you could be running MmmDonutLinux, and the
procedure would be the same.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us