EC versus NC program

Dominique HUGO

Dec 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/28/97

Does anyone know how I can produce a 'non-error checking' application with
the GEOS package. I produce always an EC program (with the 'EC' letters
append to the name of the program) Is there a switch in the compiler or must
I use an entry into the .GS file ? the documentation is not very explicit on
this point (nor the section 6.5 of concepts val I)

Thanks for any help

Dominique HUGO
Belgium.

Nathan Fiedler

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

I'm posting this to comp.os.geos.programmer as well as comp.os.geos. Any GEOS
programming questions you have should be posted to comp.os.geos.programmer. Any
general GEOS questions can go to comp.os.geos.misc.

To create the NC version of your program you can do one of three things:

- "pmake full"
- "pmake NO_EC=1"
- edit the local.mk file to have a line "NO_EC = 1"
don't forget to include the system makefile as well

Hope this helps.

nathan

Lee Grant

Dec 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/30/97

Nathan Fiedler wrote:

> To create the NC version of your program you can do one of three things:
>
> - "pmake full"
> - "pmake NO_EC=1"
> - edit the local.mk file to have a line "NO_EC = 1"
> don't forget to include the system makefile as well
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> nathan

Actually, there is a fourth way, Nathan.
- pmake <geodename>.geo

If the geodename doesn't contain "ec" at the end, it defaults to the NC,
from my experience.

For instance: pmake ide.geo versus pmake ideec.geo

Lee

--
cam...@ameritech.net
cam...@aol.com

By sending unsolicited commercially-oriented e-mail to this address,
the
sender agrees to pay a $500 flat fee to the recipient for proofreading
services.

Dominique HUGO

Dec 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/30/97

Nathan,

First, I apologize for posting this mail into the wrong newsgroup - I am new
in the geos community and, of course, new in this newsgroup.

Thank very much you for your precious help in answering to my message.

Dominique HUGO
Belgium.

Nathan Fiedler wrote in message <34A7C0E2...@earthlink.net.remove>...

>I'm posting this to comp.os.geos.programmer as well as comp.os.geos. Any
GEOS
>programming questions you have should be posted to comp.os.geos.programmer.
Any
>general GEOS questions can go to comp.os.geos.misc.
>

>To create the NC version of your program you can do one of three things:
>
>- "pmake full"
>- "pmake NO_EC=1"
>- edit the local.mk file to have a line "NO_EC = 1"
> don't forget to include the system makefile as well
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>nathan

Lee Grant

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Dominique HUGO wrote:

> Nathan,
>
> First, I apologize for posting this mail into the wrong newsgroup - I am new
> in the geos community and, of course, new in this newsgroup.
>
> Thank very much you for your precious help in answering to my message.
>
> Dominique HUGO
> Belgium.

No need to apologize, Dominique...Nathan was just fielding your question
on a newsgroup that should have already been dead. <g>

We restructured the newsgroups for expansion and organization roughly a
year ago...so to let people know they need to post in this group
(comp.os.geos.programmer OR comp.os.geos.misc) rather than in the one
that he obviously saw your question (comp.os.geos). It really was
supposed to have been killed by now, but I guess they leave the links in
for longer than the FAQ said they would.

Welcome to the GEOS programming arena.