EPEX - A later version than v1.1?

Lawrence Woodman

May 20, 2022, 12:12:59 PM5/20/22
Hello,

I've been having fun with EPEX, an environment extension for CP/M. It's
got some great features such as a search path, named directories, improved
user area handling, etc.

The version on the Walnut Creek CD is v1.1, dated 1986. However, there is
a note mentioning that bug fixes will be released soon in a new version.
Does anyone know anything about a later version or have a copy? It's a
great program already and it would be wonderful to see if it had been
improved at all.

Best wishes

Lorry

---
EPEX: An Environment Extension for CP/M
https://techtinkering.com/articles/epex-an-environment-extension-for-cpm/

Peter Dassow

May 21, 2022, 2:02:54 AM5/21/22
On 20.05.2022 at 18:12 Lawrence Woodman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been having fun with EPEX, an environment extension for CP/M. It's
> got some great features such as a search path, named directories, improved
> user area handling, etc.
> [...]
> ---
> EPEX: An Environment Extension for CP/M
> https://techtinkering.com/articles/epex-an-environment-extension-for-cpm/

This remembers me of Powershell a bit (despite of the directory naming).
See also http://www.z80.eu/microshell.html ...

Regards Peter

Lawrence Woodman

May 21, 2022, 2:13:31 AM5/21/22
On Saturday, 21 May 2022 at 07:02:54 UTC+1, Peter Dassow wrote:
> On 20.05.2022 at 18:12 Lawrence Woodman wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been having fun with EPEX, an environment extension for CP/M. It's
> > got some great features such as a search path, named directories, improved
> > user area handling, etc.
> > [...]
> This remembers me of Powershell a bit (despite of the directory naming).
> See also http://www.z80.eu/microshell.html ...

Yup, there's quite a few similar shell extensions and CCP replacements for
CP/M, which makes sense as many of its users would be users of other
systems and see features that they'd like to add to CP/M. Thankfully
because CP/M is relatively simple, well documented and easy to work on, it
led to many people to produce software like this. One of the many things
I love about CP/M!

Lorry