TDL CP/M Basic Ver. 3

larsn...@adelphia.net

Oct 13, 2019, 8:24:24 PM10/13/19
Does anyone have a copy of Version 3 of TDL 12k Basic for CP/M? All I could find was a 12k Zapple Basic version 2.1 with CP/M patchs by Tilmann Reh.

Lars Nelson

Volker Pohlers

Oct 21, 2019, 3:33:31 AM10/21/19
Am 14.10.2019 um 02:24 schrieb larsn...@adelphia.net:
> Does anyone have a copy of Version 3 of TDL 12k Basic for CP/M? All I could find was a 12k Zapple Basic version 2.1 with CP/M patchs by Tilmann Reh.
>
> Lars Nelson

An original TDL release 2.1 (relocatable HEX file) you can finde here:
https://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/ftp/altair/tdl12kbas.tdlhex

If you want compilable sources, send me an e-mail

However, Release 3 is unknown.

greetings
Volker

Udo Munk

Oct 21, 2019, 4:28:14 AM10/21/19
On Monday, October 21, 2019 at 9:33:31 AM UTC+2, Volker Pohlers wrote:
> However, Release 3 is unknown.

Release 3 is not unknown, the Zapple 12K BASIC manual here is for version 3:
https://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/ftp/altair/

Also documents the CP/M version, but version 3 binaries/sources are
not available unfortunately.

larsn...@adelphia.net

Oct 30, 2019, 11:59:33 PM10/30/19
too bad. Have seen references to TDL 3.0 for CPM in CPMUG and SIGM but can't find a binary. I did find a disassembly of v. 2.1 with I fixed and added CPM disk routines for loading and saving programs. If you want a copy, let me know, I would glad to send you a copy.

Problem with v 2.1 is that there is no capability to read/write files under program control. I have been toying with the idea of implementing the IO byte function and adding OPEN and CLOSE for 2.1. This would at least give the capability to read and write ascii files under program control. Adding more
is beyond my limited programming ability.

Lars

Enrique Tejeda Canobbio

Jan 10, 2023, 12:00:53 AM1/10/23

Lawrence Nelson