PROMAC 2A Eprom Programmer

Enrico Lazzerini

Jan 22, 2010, 1:15:13 PM1/22/10
Hello at all,
i have the programmer from many years in a box. Its firmware make work it in
automatic way so it is not possible (or almost this is aall i know) to drive
it from its buttons.
When i power on it, it trys to send somenting via its serial RS232 to the
host computer. I checked the serial port for a null modem way to work and if
i load hyperterminal i see some unknow characters on the screen, and if i
push a key on the keyboard i see that something goes via serial to the
programmer. If i try to change the serial speed or character lenghts or its
parity the characters on the screen not become intellegible. At the end if i
try to load its original DOS program (not in a window of windows XP, but
making a DOS 3.3 boot!) after done the check i said, neither the DOS
software can drive the eprom programmer.
Here all information i found across internet:
http://elazzerini.interfree.it/Promac%20Model%202A.htm
Thanks for any suggestions.
Enrico

Mr Emmanuel Roche, France

Jan 22, 2010, 2:57:18 PM1/22/10
Hello, Enrico!

> I have had the programmer for many years in a box.

Ok. So, you have the hardware.

> Its firmware makes it work in an automatic way, so it is not possible (or almost this is all I know) to drive it from its buttons.

So, since its firmware works, it is running.

So, the last question is: Do you have the manual?

> Here is all the information that I found on the Internet:

I read your Web page, then simply searched for "JMC Promac User
Guide", and found one manual for the "Promac-1" (not 2A) at:

http://www.mods.dk/manual.php?brand=_other

(Go down to "JMC Promac-1 User guide.zip" -- 14.773 KB.)

But you need to register on this Web site to get a copy of the
manual...

So, do you have a manual? For which version?

According to what Ivan Rohde wrote in 2002, it needs to be connected
to a Parallel Centronics port (the one of the printer, on the IBM
Clown), not to a Serial RS-232 port (one of the COM ports of the IBM
Clown). It seems to use standard "Intel HEX File", the standard CP/M
file format for transferring binary files.

He concludes by saying: "the manual does give details of the commands
you can use to remotely control it" so there are hopes, once you have
the manual. Did you manage to get in touch with him?

If you have a version of Windows able to run "DOS Boxes" (Me, I use
Windows 98SE), then you should be able to use the DOS program (tell us
more about it) in a "DOS Box". It seems that later versions of Windows
prevent programs from accessing the hardware. You could keep an old PC
just to use MS-DOS (or better: DR-DOS).

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

Enrico Lazzerini

Jan 22, 2010, 3:13:27 PM1/22/10
Well,
for 1st thanks for your answer.
1st: i not have its manual
2nd: the software i had use ONLY rs232 and i run it on a old PC directly
making dos boot first.
3rd: i never gone in touch with those person i listed in the webpage.

Any other help???
Thanks
Enrico

"Mr Emmanuel Roche, France" <roch...@laposte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

Amardeep S Chana

Jan 23, 2010, 12:01:42 AM1/23/10
Enrico Lazzerini wrote:
> If i try to change the serial speed or character lenghts or its
> parity the characters on the screen not become intellegible.

Enrico,

Did you try every common combination?

300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400 bps

E, 7, 1
O, 7, 1
N, 8, 1

Did you restart the terminal program between each setting? Sometimes
garbage data can put the terminal emulator into an escape mode that will
show no further data correctly even if you got the settings correct later.

Best of luck,
Amardeep

Enrico Lazzerini

Jan 23, 2010, 7:52:55 AM1/23/10
Yes i tryed all combinations but i can try again for to be more sure.
Here you can find the software i had for this programmer:
http://elazzerini.interfree.it/PROMAC2A.zip

Regards
Enrico

"Amardeep S Chana" <asc...@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Amardeep S Chana

Jan 23, 2010, 12:42:41 PM1/23/10
Enrico Lazzerini wrote:
> Yes i tryed all combinations but i can try again for to be more sure.
> Here you can find the software i had for this programmer:
> http://elazzerini.interfree.it/PROMAC2A.zip
>
> Regards
> Enrico

I dumped the strings in that program. According to embedded messages,
it supports both serial and parallel interfaces. The Promac2 that was
advertised in your other link also mentions having a parallel port.
Does your programmer have two connectors? In any case, is the connector
you are using clearly marked as serial?

Amardeep

Mr Emmanuel Roche, France

Jan 23, 2010, 4:07:08 PM1/23/10
Hello, Enrico and Amardeep!

Back home, I fond the program, dumped it, then started editing it,
just as I would if I were to disassemble it. One hour and half, when I
was finally reaching the end, I was tired and went up to make a hot
drink: the electrical power consumption caused a power outage (we are
in Winter, so lots of electrical appliances are running in the
background), and I lost everything...

So, I restarted and was careful to back-up my work every half-an-hour.
You will find its result below.

I have never used an EPROM programmer (only saw pictures), but some
facts seem clears:

The JMC Promac-2A EPROM programmer can burn
1) DG binary (BIN)
2) Intel(lec) hex (HEX)
files only.

It runs at
1) 9600
2) 19200
bauds only.

It uses
1) LPT
2) COM1
3) COM2
I/O ports only.

And, finally, I found the following on the Internet, by one William
("Bill") Martin, written in 2002:

"I have the software for the Promac-2A but I have not been able to get
it to work for about 4 years now. It used to work fine when I was
using it on an old 25-MHz computer. Since I started using faster
computers, I can not get a serial connection."

So, it seems that you need an IBM PC running at less than 25-MHz to
use it... (So, it is 8-bit CP/M-compatible!)

I leave it to more knowledgeable readers to tell us what it can do,
exactly.

(At the moment, there are Promac-10 and Promac-16 for sale on the
Internet.)

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

ASCII Dump of JMC Promac-2A EPROM Programmer
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

Turbo-C - Copyright (c) 1987 Borland Intl

[ ROM = ]
[ Alt Q = Quit ]
[ ROM = ]
[ Select Option -> ]

MESSAGE Bad Parallel Port Initialization
Press any key to continue

[ P2ACom Version 1.2 ]
[ P2ACom Version 1.2 ]

F1
F2
F3
F4
F5
F6
F7
F8
F9
F10

SETUP HELP
To set the P2A for remote operation with the program proceed as
follows:

On the P2A: Press FUNCTION 4 to set BAUD/C-FMT Menu
Use . to "scroll" to _____ BAUD
Press . to move to Data bit field
Use . to "scroll" to 8bit
Press . to move to Parity field
Use . to "scroll" to NON
Press . to move to Stop Bit field
Use . to "scroll" to SP1
Press SET to implement these settings
Press FUNCTION A to set CONTROL menu
Use . to "scroll" to XON/XOF selection
Press . to move to ON/OFF field
Use . to "scroll" to OFF
Press SET to implement this setting
Press FUNCTION 9 SET to set REMOTE CONTROL

On Computer: Press ESC to return to First Screen
9600
19200
[FUNCTION].[4].[.].[.].[.].[.].[.].[.].[.]
[SET].[FUNCTION].[A].[.].[.].[.]
[SET].[FUNCTION].[9]
[SET].[ESC]

MESSAGE If you have set the P2A incorrectly and/or experience hangup,
Reset the P2A, check the setup, and restart remote operation...
Press any key to continue

[ PROGRAM HERALD ]
P2ACom by ADAMS-MACDONALD ENTERPRISES, INC.
P2ACom is a program designed to control the interface between an
IBM PC or compatible computer and the PROMAC 2A EPROM Programmer.
This software is protected by both UNITED STATES copyright law, and
International Treaty provisions. It is licensed for the use of the
purchasing entity only. It must not be copied in any form, electronic
or
otherwise. Exception is granted for the purpose of making archival
copies
of the software for backup and protection against loss.

PROMAC 2A STARTUP
Start Program.Setup Help
Configuration Menu
[ Select Option -> ]
[ Alt Q to Quit ]

COPYRIGHT (c) 1987 ADAMS-MACDONALD ENTERPRISES, INC.

MESSAGE QUIT -- ARE YOU SURE? Y OR <N>
MESSAGE Configuration List Has Changed!

Update running Program, <W> Write new CFG file,
<B> Update and Write <ESC> Ignore Changes

[ QUICK MENU ]
UPLOAD To PC Disk
DOWNLOAD To P2A
COPY From EPROM to P2A Buffer
B, P, V = Blank Check, Program, and Verify

ROM TYPE Select the type of EPROM
MEMORY View / Edit or clear P2A Memory
SETTINGS Buffer Start/Stop addresses
Buffer Page set

EDIT MENU Move to Edit Menu
FUNCTION Move to Function Menu
DEVICE Move to Device Menu

[ EDIT MENU ]
COMPLIMENT Invert data through an address range
CLEAR BUFF Clear Entire Memory Buffer (set to FF)
INS/DEL Insert or Delete data in buffer
BLOCK MOVE Move a block of data in the buffer
BLOCK STORE Fill a range with a specific byte
SHUFF/SPLIT Shuffle or Split data about center
SEARCH Search for a string (1 or 2 bytes)
QUICK MENU Move to Quick Menu
FUNCTION Move to Function Menu
DEVICE Move to Device Menu

[ FUNCTION MENU ]
BUFF PAGE Get/Set memory page setting
START/STOP Get/Set address range
CHECKSUM Checksum the current page of buffer
UPLOAD To PC Disk
DOWNLOAD To P2A
DOS SHELL.Shells to DOS Command Processor
SETTINGS Buffer Start/Stop addresses Buffer Page set
QUICK MENU Move to Quick Menu
EDIT Move to Edit Menu
DEVICE Move to Device Menu

[ DEVICE MENU ]
BLANK CHECK Check if ROM in socket is blank
PROGRAM Program ROM using data in buffer
VERIFY Verify ROM against buffer
B, P, or V = Do Blank, Program & Verify
COPY Copy ROM contents to buffer
ERASE Erase the EEPROM in socket
SETTINGS Buffer Start/Stop addresses Buffer Page set
QUICK MENU Move to Quick Menu
FUNCTION Move to Function Menu
EDIT Move to Edit Menu
MESSAGE QUIT -- ARE YOU SURE? Y OR <N>
Select Option ->

UPLOAD to PC
Mode is now BINARY
[CR] or [B] to continue, [H] to change to HEX [ ]
Mode is now HEX
[CR] or [H] to continue, [B] to change to BINARY [ ]
Press any other key aborts
MESSAGE Address Offset -- <ESC Skips / Aborts>
Specify offset to be added to addresses ==>

DOWNLOAD to P2A
Mode is now BINARY
[CR] or [B] to continue, [H] to change to HEX [ ]
Mode is now HEX. [CR] or [H] to continue, [B] to change to BINARY
[ ]
Press any other key aborts
Address Offset -- <ESC Skips / Aborts>
Specify offset to be subtracted from addresses ==>
MESSAGE Copy EPROM Contents to P2A Buffer
MESSAGE Execute Blank Check, Program and Verify
MESSAGE Clear (fill with FF) entire P2A Buffer [C]
or View and/or Edit P2A Memory [E] [ ]?
Select Option ->
Select Option ->
Select Option ->
MESSAGE QUIT -- ARE YOU SURE? Y OR <N>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Set the P2A buffer page ==>
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Set a new Start <S> or Stop(End) <E> Address ?
Anything else aborts
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Set buffer start address
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Set buffer end address
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
End Address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Checksum an address range in P2A Buffer
[CR] to accept, else change or edit
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Select Option ->

UPLOAD to PC
Mode is now BINARY
[CR] or [B] to continue, [H] to change to HEX [ ]
Mode is now HEX
[CR] or [H] to continue, [B] to change to BINARY [ ]
Press any other key aborts
MESSAGE Address Offset -- <ESC Skips / Aborts>
Specify offset to be added to addresses ==>

DOWNLOAD to P2A
Mode is now BINARY
[CR] or [B] to continue, [H] to change to HEX [ ]
Mode is now HEX
[CR] or [H] to continue,[B] to change to BINARY [ ]
Press any other key aborts
Address Offset -- <ESC Skips / Aborts>
Specify offset to be subtracted from addresses ==>
Type EXIT to return to P2ACOM.

COMMAND
COPY
ERASE
BLANK, PROGRAM, VERIFY = B, P, or V

Command Option Sub_Menu
[ESC] Aborts
F1 Set NORMAL ( 8 bit ) Mode with Address Specification
F2 Set EVEN (16 bit ) Mode with Address Specification
F3 Set ODD (16 bit ) Mode with Address Specification
F4 Set OPTN (16 bit ) Adaptor Mode with Address Specification
Any other key reverts to NORMAL - WITHOUT Address Specifiction
Select Option ->
NORMAL MODE
EVEN (16 bit) MODE
ODD (16 bit) MODE
Opt. Adapter (16 bit) Mode
REVERTING TO NORMAL MODE
Address Selection
[CR] skips, [ESC] Aborts Operation
Specify ROM address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range and Buffer Page

Settings Sub_Menu
Start Address = [ ] Stop Address = [ ] Buffer Page = [ ]
F1 Set New Buffer Start Address
F2 Set New Buffer Stop Address
F3 Set New Buffer Page
[ESC] Accept parameters as set
Select Option ->
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Set buffer start address
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Set buffer end address
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
End Address ==>
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Set the P2A buffer page ==>
[CR] accept current, else edit or change
Select Option ->
MESSAGE QUIT -- ARE YOU SURE? Y OR <N>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Check if EPROM is blank (FF)
MESSAGE Program EPROM from buffer
MESSAGE Verify (Compare) EPROM against buffer
MESSAGE Execute Blank Check, Program and Verify
MESSAGE Copy EPROM Contents to P2A Buffer
MESSAGE Erase (fill with FF) EEPROM in socket
MESSAGE QUIT -- ARE YOU SURE? Y OR <N>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Complement (Invert) data in P2A Buffer (Range)
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Clear (fill with FF) entire P2A Buffer
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Insert <I> or Delete <D> ?
Anything else aborts
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Insert a byte throughout a range in the P2A Buffer
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Insertion Byte ==>
Delete a range of data in P2A Buffer
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Block Move a range to an address
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
New Address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Block Store a byte in the P2A Buffer (Range)
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Data Byte ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE Shuffle <S> or Split <P> ?
Anything else aborts
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Suffle P2A buffer about a center address
Center Address ==>
Split P2A buffer about a center address
Center Address ==>
Select Option ->
MESSAGE Getting Current Address Range
MESSAGE <ESC Aborts>
Search for a string in memory (1 or 2 bytes)
[CR] accepts, else edit or change
Start Address ==>
Stop Address ==>
Search String ==>
MESSAGE Improper Search String -- Aborting!
Press any key to continue -->
MESSAGE If [PASS] is result, search is done!
Result of Search ==>
[ESC] to abort [+] for next match [-] for previous [ ]
Select Option ->
SELECTED Drive =
SELECTED DIR =
<Parent>
<Parent>
SELECTED FILE =
A: <Drive>
A: <Drive>
[ Mask = .... To Pick ]
[ ESC to Quit
[ Page %d of %d pages ]
[ PgUp/PgDn to Scroll ]
[ Arrows Select ]
[ Arrows Select ]
[ Page %d of %d pages ]
[ PgUp/PgDn to Scroll ]
Enter File Name or Mask, <ESC> to abort
[ Current search mask listed, [CR] to accept, else edit or change. ]
[ Example: Mask could be *.* etc. or Filename such as ROM1. ]
BIN
HEX
Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
Error in chdir, any key to continue
Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
Error in chdir, any key to return to previous dir
[ Mask =
PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE !
NO FILES FOUND!
[ Mask =
PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE !
NO FILES FOUND

[ Operation is UPLOAD ]
MESSAGE File already exists!
Do you want to overwrite? Y OR <N>
MESSAGE Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
MESSAGE Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
MESSAGE [BINARY] Receiving %s <==
[HEX] Receiving %s <==
MESSAGE Open failed on ==> %s
Press any key to continue
MESSAGE WARINING: Possible binary protocol error 1
MESSAGE Write Error2, any key to continue
MESSAGE Write Error1, any key to continue
MESSAGE WARNING: Buffer (address range) Size = %ld, File Size = %ld
Options are: [ESC] Aborts!
[T] Truncate file [A] Adjust address range to fit
Select Option ->
[P] Pad with FF hex to end [A] Adjust address range to fit
Select Option ->

[ Operation is DOWNLOAD ]
MESSAGE [BINARY] Sending %s ==>
[HEX] Sending %s ==>
File Not Found!!
Press any key to continue
MESSAGE Open failed on ==> %s
Press any key to continue
MESSAGE [BINARY] Sending %s ==>
MESSAGE Buffer Stop Address was changed by the last operation!
Do you want it returned to the previous value ? [Y] or [N] [ ]
Address = [00000]
<F2> to show changes made (highlighted)
<F2> to show changes made (highlighted)

[ HEX Edit ]
[ <F1> Change to Ascii Edit ]
[ <ESC> to Exit ]
MESSAGE Buffer was changed! Options: Send data to P2A? [ Y ]
Return to Edit [ R ]
Any other key aborts [ ]
MESSAGE WAIT -- Sending data back to P2A
Ascii Edit
HEX Edit
HEX Edit

ASCII Edit
MESSAGE Changes are highlighted
Press any key to return to edit [ ]
MESSAGE WARINING: Possible binary protocol error 1
MESSAGE Specify address for start of memory edit (7FF00 max) ==>
MESSAGE WAIT -- Loading data from P2A
ERROR Device inserted incorrectly!
Device not mounted in ROM socket!
User buffer RAM error!
Working RAM area error!
Battery low
No memory backup!
Verify error, Vcc = 5 Volts verify error!
Verify error, Vcc = 4.75 Volts verify error!
Verify error, Vcc = 5.25 Volts verify error!
Error at 6.0 Volts during programming
(KEPROM Programming error)!
No subcommand following DEVICE, FUNCTION OR EDIT Specification!
Required Data or Address missing!
Invalid ROM device type code specified!
Undefined baud rate!
Undefined tape format!
Device type is not eraseable or may be reprogrammed directly!
Undefined subcommand or ROM address not zero in OPTION MODE!
Device has no silicon signature!
Device has wrong silicon signature!
Invalid 27916 (KEPROM) set data!
Buffer RAM address exceeds 7FFFF !
Buffer start add > stop add or File xfer add greater that 7FFFF !
1st address > 2nd address!
2nd address > 3rd address!
Center address is too high!
Page specification exceeds Maximum!
ROM start address exceeds size or no device in socket!
Interface checkcum error or fixed device - checksum error!
Tape format error!
Unknown error!
MESSAGE There was a P2A ERROR!
Press any key to attempt to clear
MESSAGE Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
Error in chdir, any key to continue

SELECTED ROM =
LIST OF AVAILABLE ROMS
To Pick
[ ESC to Quit
[ Page %d of %d pages ]
[ PgUp/PgDn to Scroll ]
[ Arrows Select ]
[ Arrows Select ]
[ Operation is SELECT ROM TYPE ]
MESSAGE Current type code:
Enter ROM type code
Get/Use type code list from P2A
Read device Silicon Signature
CAUTION: Devices without Silicon Signature may be damaged!
[ Select Option -> ]
[ <ESC> to Exit ]
NOTE: If you don't know the type code, Reset the P2A and scroll
through
the devices in its display. Then set Remote Control (Func 9 Set).
Device type codes can also be found in the back of your P2A Manual.
MESSAGE Enter ROM type code ->
MESSAGE WAIT

P2ACOM.CFG
MESSAGE Configuration file P2ACOM.CFG not found.
Will use defaults for initial configuration.
press any key to continue.
*.BIN
*.HEX
P2ACOM.CFG
MESSAGE Open failed on file P2ACOM.CFG.
Will use defaults for initial configuration.
press any key to continue.
*.BIN
*.HEX
Background color of menus
Menu border foreground color
Menu function key color
Menu description line color
Sub-Directory color
Sub-Dir highlight color
File color
File highlight color
Serial Port Baud Rate
COM Port number
Parallel Port number
Data transfer method
Data format for up/download
BIN file search mask (default)
HEX file search mask (default)
This Background
Foreground
FKEY
Line
DIR COLOR
DIR HIGH
FILE COLOR
FILE HIGH

COM1
COM2
LPT
Serial Baud Rate is 9600
Serial Baud Rate is 19200
Serial IN / Parallel OUT
Serial IN / OUT

DG BINARY Data Format
INTELLEC HEX Data Format

CONFIGURATION ITEMS LIST
To Allow Change (Pick)
[ ESC to Quit or when Done
[ Arrows Select ]
Color changer, <CR> to accept, <ESC> to quit
<F> key for foreground
<B> key for background
<F> key for foreground, <B> key for background
Serial Port Baud Rate Selection (9600 or 19200)
Serial Baud Rate is 9600
Serial Baud Rate is 19200
Change? Y or <N>
MESSAGE Hardware config cannot be updated now!
Press any key to continue
Serial COM Port Selection
Serial Port is now COM1
Serial Port is now COM2
Change? Y or <N>
MESSAGE Hardware config cannot be updated now!
Press any key to continue
Parallel (LPT) Port Selection
Parallel Port is now LPT
Change? Y or <N>
MESSAGE Hardware config cannot be updated now!
Press any key to continue
Data Transfer Method Selection
Now set up for Serial IN / Parallel OUT
Change? Y or <N> (to Serial IN / OUT)
Now set up for Serial IN / OUT
Change? Y or <N> (to Serial IN / Parallel OUT)
Change? Y or <N>
Data Format Selection
Now is DG BINARY Data Format, Change to INTELLEC HEX ?
Now is INTELLEC HEX Data Format, Change to DG BINARY ?
Change? Y or <N>
Enter File Name or Mask, <ESC> to abort
Enter File Name or Mask, <ESC> to abort
MESSAGE P2ACOM.CFG
File already exists! Do you want to overwrite? Y OR <N>
MESSAGE Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
P2ACOM.CFG
P2ACOM.CFG
MESSAGE Drive Error, ESC to abort, any other to retry
MESSAGE Writing configuration file P2ACOM.CFG
MESSAGE Open failed on ==> %s
Press any key to continue
MESSAGE Write Error 3, any key to continue
P2ACOM.CFG

EOF

Enrico Lazzerini

Jan 23, 2010, 4:54:05 PM1/23/10
Well, i wish to thaks for your kind work (sorry for my english!).
You can transfer the file to burn only in serial way, but you can read the
EPROM via Serial or via parallel port.
The following lines come out from the config file:
Serial Port Baud 9600 o 19200
Com Port: com1 o COM2
LPT Port: LPT1 o LPT2
Data Transfer Method: Serial IN/OUT or Serial IN/Parallel OUT

What do you want to mean about a PC at 25MHz? Would you explain better the
phrase: "I can not get a serial connection."
I used a 286 PC and the result is that the programmer tryes to send info to
the PC but the pc not answer to the programmer.
The info coming from the programmer are not intellegible even if i use
hyperterminal instead the eprom programmer DOS software.

At the end the programmer seems close by its factory to work ONLY with its
DOS software cause there is not any possibility to try to digit on its
buttons to work in different way.

Regards
Enrico

"Mr Emmanuel Roche, France" <roch...@laposte.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

Herbert Johnson

Jan 26, 2010, 10:04:38 AM1/26/10
On Jan 23, 4:54 pm, "Enrico Lazzerini" <elazzer...@interfree.it>
wrote:

> Well, i wish to thaks for your kind work (sorry for my english!).
> You can transfer the file to burn only in serial way, but you can read the
> EPROM via Serial or via parallel port.
> The following lines come out from the config file:

> What do you want to mean about a PC at 25MHz? Would you explain better the

> phrase: "I can not get a serial connection."

It is very clear by now, this person is getting assistance from a few
respondents. While that is a good thing, it's also clear this topic
has nothing to do with CP/M in any way. Therefore, please consider not
posting further in comp.os.cpm on this topic; continue your
discussions with this person PRIVATELY. There is simply no need to
broadcast further details through thousands of systems, and preserving
them for years, in a newsgroup where such information would not be
expected. This person can be helped PRIVATELY.

Why did I choose to post this comment? Mr. Roche has a habit of no on-
topic restraint, and he uses comp.os.cpm for his private email and
commentary. The existence of his "example" encourages others to do the
same, or to respond. And so, off-topic behavior becomes "normal" and
receives "support". This has already discouraged others to post on-
topic. Those who disagree with this view, can simply review posts by
Roche in the last weeks, read the responses, and draw their own
conclusions.

My own commentary on "trolls" can be found on the Web page linked
below. Discussion of trolls is otherwise not productive and off-topic
here.

http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/offtopic.html

Herb Johnson
retrotechnology.com