RIP: Jon Saxton, former sysop of Tesseract RCPM+

Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

Jun 15, 2015, 4:45:12 PM6/15/15
Hi

I just wanted you to know that Jon has passed yesterday after a tough battle with cancer..

I know he really enjoyed your chats.

Cheers,
Sherri Saxton

Charles Richmond

Jun 15, 2015, 7:17:14 PM6/15/15
"Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France" <roch...@laposte.net> wrote in message
I am very sorry to hear this! You have my condolences. I hope Jon's old
equipment finds a good home because I know that's what he would want.
Again, I'm so sorry...

--

numerist at aquaporin4 dot com

Floppy Software

Jun 16, 2015, 3:07:14 AM6/16/15
Bad news.

RIP, descanse en paz.

Alan Laughton

Jun 16, 2015, 4:39:26 AM6/16/15
On 16/06/2015 5:07 PM, Floppy Software wrote:
> Bad news.
>
> RIP, descanse en paz.

RIP Jon

dottor Piergiorgio M. d' Errico

Jun 16, 2015, 2:34:52 PM6/16/15
Il 16/06/2015 09:07, Floppy Software ha scritto:
> Bad news.
>
> RIP, descanse en paz.

*ahem* descanse = descent.

I'm sorry for pointing the questionable detail of this obit, but mr.
Roche , whose gives us the sad news, IS french and I'm sure he will be
NOT happy of reading this.

I'm saddened of this, and I'm worried for the issue of the now-orphaned
Tesseract computer (and its content), as posted by Jon Saxton. Life
continues...

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Jack Strangio

Jun 16, 2015, 4:48:05 PM6/16/15
Sad news. One of the quietly achieving pioneers of an interconnected world lost to us.

Jack
--
"It's rather cold." she said bitchily.

john....@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 8:17:01 PM6/16/15
I worked with Jon for several years in New York City and valued the time we were colleagues. When he and Sherri left NYC to return to Australia, they needed to dispose of a large quantity of unused cosmetic products. I contacted a shelter that served homeless women and was able to help those items find a productive use.

I have missed his smile and his charming accent from two cubes away for several years now. I'm happy to hear from a mutual friend that he was able to have some pleasant times back in Australia before the cancer returned.

Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.
-J.

Alexandre MONTARON

Jun 17, 2015, 4:47:33 AM6/17/15

I was exchanging some mails with him for the first time about Z80
mnemnonics ... It was 2-3 months ago ...

Sad.

How old was him ?

Alex. - CP/M-80 french sysop during '90s ...
http://edta.besaba.com/galerie/G_Frame.htm?album=@edta

Danilo Coccia

Jun 17, 2015, 11:58:28 AM6/17/15
*ahem* for those who know Spanish it is perfectly clear that
descanse = rest

so "descanse en paz" translates to "rest in peace" (RIP).

Best regards from Italy

miguelv...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2015, 2:13:07 PM6/17/15
Oh, please... "descanse en paz" is Spanish, because I'm Spanish, and the translation is, of course, "rest in peace".

Andreas Gerlich

Aug 18, 2015, 12:01:40 PM8/18/15
Hello,

Before he passed away, Jon Saxton has worked on my Z80-CPU-Emulator
YAZE-AG (Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG). He implemented the key
translation module that enables the usage of the PC's cursor keys to
navigate in CP/M applications like WordStar.

I am working on a new release of YAZE-AG containing that key translation
module. This release will be dedicated to Jon Saxton.

Best Regards
Andreas
--
University of Ulm, Germany
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Gerlich

dott.Piergiorgio

Aug 19, 2015, 2:24:46 AM8/19/15
Il 18/08/2015 17:56, Andreas Gerlich ha scritto:

> Before he passed away, Jon Saxton has worked on my Z80-CPU-Emulator
> YAZE-AG (Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG). He implemented the key
> translation module that enables the usage of the PC's cursor keys to
> navigate in CP/M applications like WordStar.
>
> I am working on a new release of YAZE-AG containing that key translation
> module. This release will be dedicated to Jon Saxton.

Danke, Andreas !

I haven't looked into YAZE for a long time, will be an interesting
occasion for giving a new look into it...

Steven Hirsch

Aug 19, 2015, 7:58:44 AM8/19/15
On 08/18/2015 11:56 AM, Andreas Gerlich wrote:

> Before he passed away, Jon Saxton has worked on my Z80-CPU-Emulator
> YAZE-AG (Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG). He implemented the key
> translation module that enables the usage of the PC's cursor keys to
> navigate in CP/M applications like WordStar.

This was actually possible to implement with z80pack running in an xterm, but
decidedly not a lot of fun to set up. Will be good to have an emulator with
key mapping that works "out of the box".

fritz chwolka

Dec 21, 2015, 5:04:39 PM12/21/15
Am 18.08.2015 um 17:56 schrieb Andreas Gerlich:
> Am 15.06.2015 um 22:45 schrieb Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France:
>> Hi
>>
>> I just wanted you to know that Jon has passed yesterday after a tough battle with cancer..
>>
>> I know he really enjoyed your chats.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sherri Saxton
>>

> Hello,
>
> Before he passed away, Jon Saxton has worked on my Z80-CPU-Emulator
> YAZE-AG (Yet Another Z80 Emulator by AG). He implemented the key
> translation module that enables the usage of the PC's cursor keys to
> navigate in CP/M applications like WordStar.
>
> I am working on a new release of YAZE-AG containing that key translation
> module. This release will be dedicated to Jon Saxton.
>
> Best Regards
> Andreas

Hi Andreas,

please mail me a PM as I havn't your mailadress.

Thanks

Fritz Chwolka

Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

Dec 24, 2015, 5:25:29 PM12/24/15
Ok. Jon Saxton died 6 months ago, from cancer.

The last news are that his American (Jon was Australian) wife is still in their quite big property. It is quite a change from their New York flat!

Jon's son is now in charge of the Triton Web site.

And Jack got Jon's S-100 Bus system.

Yours Sincerely,
Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France