AVOCET SYSTEMS Z80 ASSEMBLER

Nathanael

Dec 13, 2023, 5:34:38 AM12/13/23
Over at Github, erkyrath has recently put up the source code of the Infocom game interpreters for many systems, including CP/M. The cpm80 source code is accompanied by a .PRN which reads "AVOCET SYSTEMS Z80 ASSEMBLER - VERSION 1.03C."

Does anyone know of a source for this assembler?

--nathanael

David Snowdon

Dec 13, 2023, 5:28:22 PM12/13/23
No ,but I found a manual at:
https://archive.org/details/manualzilla-id-5752650

David

---

Nathanael

Dec 13, 2023, 5:57:14 PM12/13/23
Thanks!

--nathanael

Nathanael

Dec 15, 2023, 7:57:19 PM12/15/23
Thanks to Steven Hirsch for putting me onto the 2500AD assembler/linker, which is essentially the Avocet assembler. I only ran into a single issue, which involved a change at line 4041 from DB $27, $22 to DB 027H, 022H. A binary compare on the output with an existing .COM file found it basically byte-identical.

This is Version C of the Infocom interpreter. I'm wondering if source for the previous two versions could be reconstructed from this.

--nathanael