PCW Screen control

Nathanael

Feb 11, 2024, 8:38:06 AMFeb 11
I've got a copy of Personal Ancestral File 2.0 for CP/M which came from a bundle of old Amstrad PCW software. I'm looking for information on PCW screen control codes.

Jacob Nevins

Feb 11, 2024, 9:45:02 AMFeb 11
PCW CP/M more or less emulates a VT52 (a notable difference being that
it can display up to 32x90 characters).
The terminal control sequences were documented in the appendix
"Terminal characteristics" of the manual; see e.g.
<https://archive.org/details/pcw-8256-8512-user-manual-engacme/page/n322/mode/1up>
(which describes it as having "facilities very similar to those of a
Zenith Z19/Z29 monitor").
Control sequences didn't depend on the exact PCW model.
There were a couple of rather obscure escape sequences added in later
versions of PCW CP/M; see "A rough outline of development" at
<https://www.seasip.info/Cpm/xbiosint.html> if you want to be sure to
avoid those.