MINCE editor

Jim Haug

May 1, 2022, 7:22:31 PM5/1/22
I saw in some old conversations that people were interested in the CP/M editor MINCE. After considerable hunting I found it at

http://cpmarchives.classiccmp.org/cpm/Software/rlee/index_dirHTML.html#IDU-UNICORN-MINCE_SCRABBLE-

I found source code (or a version of it) and documentation at

https://github.com/johnsonjh/pmince

It took me a bit to sort it out. The config settings for a VT100 terminal were incorrect, and it took a few tries to sort it out

Lars Brinkhoff

May 2, 2022, 2:02:46 AM5/2/22
Jim Haug wrote:
> I found source code (or a version of it) and documentation at
> https://github.com/johnsonjh/pmince

As far as I understand, there's no source code for MINCE itself there.

Jim Haug

May 3, 2022, 1:40:09 AM5/3/22
Ah, I think you’re right. Looking through the a makefile it looks like it’s for modern machines. Well, the old manuals are handy at least

curt mayer

May 30, 2023, 1:14:19 AM5/30/23
i've been looking for this for ages. it's the MINCE oem kit, which allowed the user to customize key bindings, write new functions, etc,
in BDS C and generate a new mince. it supplied a lot, but not the whole editor.

--curt

Hans-Åke Lund

May 31, 2023, 6:09:40 AM5/31/23
I do have the source to the Mince editor, not the original source but ported to the Whitesmiths
C compiler. I have however not published this source code as MOTU (Mark Of The Unicorn)
did not want me to do that (at least not yet).

See mail below:

Subject: Re: Very old Mince software from Mark of the Unicorn
From: Jim Cooper <j...@motu.com>
Date: 2020-07-29 01:58
To: hans.a...@gmail.com
CC: MOTU Customer Service <custome...@motu.com>, Tina Hanlon
<ti...@motu.com>
Hello Hans-Åke,
Thank you for reaching out about this. Yes, that Mince source code is ours. We think about
releasing it from time to time, but for now, please do not do so. We will let you know if and when
we may decide to release it.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best, --J
--